Chapter 1

Boys Over Your Kiss

Chapter 1

“Ha Ni-ah! We’re going to be late!” shouted Geum Jan Di, knocking on her housemate’s door.

“Coming!” shouted Ha Ni, quickly getting up.

16-year-old Oh Ha Ni looked herself in the mirror. Today was the day she had been dreading for months. It was her first day at Shinhwa high school, the most prestigious and elite high school in all of Korea.

She sighed. Her life took the most unpleasant turn when her parents announced that she would be moving back to Korea…

*FLASHBACK *

Oh Ha Ni had just returned from school. She walked into the dining room to find her dad sitting at the dining table, reading his newspaper while her mother was busy in the kitchen.

“Hello omeoni. Hello appa.” said Ha Ni cheerfully, giving them both a quick peck on their cheek.

“Hello, Ha Ni. How was your day at school?” asked her mother carefully.

“Hong Jang Mi trying to make my life miserable again, as usual. Luckily Min Ah and Ju Ri were there as my back up.” said Ha Ni, sitting down on the chair.

The two adults looked at each other knowingly.

“Ha Ni, that’s what we wanted to talk to you about.” said her father nervously.

“What?” asked Ha Ni curiously.

“Your mother and I decided that… you are moving back to Korea.” said Mr. Oh firmly.

Ha Ni stood up so suddenly that her chair fell down. She ignored it.

“You want me to go back WHERE?! Why? What did I do wrong?!” shouted Ha Ni angrily.

“It’s for your own good, sweetie.” said her mother weakly.

“My own good?! What is that supposed to mean?!” exclaimed Ha Ni.

“Ha Ni, that’s enough!” said her father affirmatively.

That silenced everyone in the room.

“Ha Ni, have you even considered the pain we feel when you cry every time you come home from school? Let me tell you something. It hurts, Ha Ni. It really hurts. The fact that I and your mother couldn’t protect our own child against some high school bullies really got to us. To see you in pain every day was torture. That’s when we decided to send you back to Korea.” explained her father.

Ha Ni looked down. She couldn’t believe that she caused her parents so much worry and pain.

“So I’m going to Korea alone? You guys won’t go back with me?” asked Ha Ni.

Her parents nodded.

“Our main office is still here in America. We can’t simply pick up and leave.” said her mother.

“So who do I stay with? Am I going to boarding school?” asked Ha Ni, looking at her parents.

 “No.” her father answered, smiling.

“Then who do I stay with?” asked Ha Ni exasperatedly.

“You’ll be staying with Geum Jan Di, Lee Kyu Won, Chu Ga Eul and Ha Jae Kyung.” said her mother, grinning from ear to ear.

Ha Ni couldn’t believe her ears as she heard the names of her old childhood friends.

“Mwo?” asked Ha Ni, disbelievingly.

“My friends and I realized that none of our daughters were happy when we all split up. So we decided to let our girls live together and attend Shinhwa High School together as well.” said her father.

“Really? Oh thank you so much appa!” shouted Ha Ni enthusiastically, hugging him tightly.

But secretly, she felt like she was going to die. She was going to go back to her home country and she was going to leave the home she had lived in for nearly 14 years.

*FLASHBACK END*

So now here she is, feeling very nervous for her first day of school.

“Ha Ni-ah! You were in there so long! What happened?” asked Kyu Won worriedly, walking into her room.

Ha Ni turned to her friend.

“It’s nothing, Kyu Won. I just really miss my parents and Min Ah and Ju Ri.” said Ha Ni.

Kyu Won nodded. She knew what Ha Ni was going through. Out of all the five who had to move here, Ha Ni’s case was definitely the hardest. While the other 4 lived in different parts of Korea, Ha Ni was practically raised in America. All her family members and friends were there, except for a few aunts and uncles who stayed here.

“We all feel the same way too, Ha Ni. But there is no doubt that yours is definitely worse. Cheer up! At least we’re together, right?” said Kyu Won.

“I guess.” said Ha Ni, looking down.

“Come on! We’ll be late for school if we don’t hurry up!” said Kyu Won.

 

At School...

“OMG! OMG! I can’t believe it! F5 finally arrives!”

“I can’t believe it either! The princes are actually here in person!”

“This is the best day of my life!”

“Is that Yi Jung in that orange sports car? Yi Jung oppa! Look here!”

Those were one of the few of hundreds of sentences that came out of the mouths of the students (mostly female but some were male too) as they greeted and cheered for the 5 very handsome young men who just exited their very expensive and lavish vehicles to school.

Every single student, popular or un-popular, were waiting outside and surrounding the 5 boys as though they were huge celebrities or gods, which they are considered to the school.

The only students that were NOT outside were the 5 new students who just started Shinhwa High School today.

“Um, guys. What time is it right now?” asked Ha Ni, looking around.

“It’s… 7 o’clock. Why?” asked Ga Eul, checking her watch.

“Because I have the feeling we’re the only ones in the school.” said Ha Ni, looking around again.

“You’re right, Ha Ni-ah. Where is everybody?” asked Jan Di, scratching her head.

 “Maybe they’re all in assembly or something.” suggested Jae Kyung.

“Can’t be.” said Kyu Won.

“Why not?” complained Jae Kyung.

“Because, Jae Kyung, we just passed the assembly hall a few meters ago.” replied Kyu Won.

Honestly. Jae Kyung says the most stupid things, thought Kyu Won.

“We’re definitely not late. Are we too early?” suggested Ga Eul.

“No. The student guide clearly says that class starts at around 7.15 a.m.” said Ha Ni.

Her friends looked at her with a weird look on their faces.

“You read the student guide?” said Kyu Won disbelievingly.

Of course I did. You know me. What happened to your guides?” asked Ha Ni curiously.

“We threw them out five minutes after getting them.” admitted Ga Eul.

“Why am I not surprised.” said Ha Ni, shaking her head.

Suddenly, the girls heard screaming. It turns out the whole school was outside, cheering for something.

“F5! F5! F5!” they chanted.

“What the hell?” said Jan DI, looking out one of the windows. There, in clear view, were 5 guys being surrounded by almost the entire student body.

“Who are those guys?” asked Jae Kyung incredulously.

They all looked at Ha Ni, hoping that she had the answer. Ha Ni held her hands up.

“Hey, you’re asking me? I just got back from America a few weeks ago. How am I supposed to know?” said Ha Ni defensively.

 

“Ommo? Why not? You always do research before going to places. How came you don’t know who they are?” said Kyu Won pointing to the boys outside the window.

“Yah, I don’t know! Seriously. I really do not know.” repeated Ha Ni.

“Well, whoever they are, I surely don’t want to ever face them.” said Jae Kyung.

“Agreed.” said the other four, nodding their heads.

Suddenly, the ringing of the school bell could be heard.

“Come on. We’re going to be late for our appointment with the principal.” said Jan Di.

15 minutes later, the 5 girls exited the principal’s office while holding their class schedules.

“Yah, Jan Di-ah! Why do we all have the same schedule?” asked Ga Eul, checking the schedules.

“Why are we in the same class?” asked Kyu Won. It came quite as

“I don’t know. It’s the principal’s decision to do as he please.” said Jan-Di shrugging.

“Come on! We’ll be late for class if we don’t hurry up!” said Jae Kyung urgently.

10 minutes later, the 5 girls finally arrived at the corridor where their class was supposed to be.

“Why is this corridor deserted? Are we in the right place?” said Ga Eul, scratching her head.

“I don’t know. According to the map the principal gave us, our class should be right there.” said Ha Ni, pointing towards a door at the very end of the corridor.

“Why suddenly I have the most eerie feeling that we’re being watched?” said Kyu Won, shivering slightly.

“Probably just the nerves. We are in a new school, after all. Now come on!” said Jae Kyung, pulling her arm.

“Oh. My. God.” were the first things that each girl said as they walked into the enormous classroom.

“Is this a classroom or the suite of a successful executive?” asked Jan Di, admiring the beautiful room.

Kyu Won heard noises coming from outside the room but she chose to ignore it. Wrong move.

Suddenly, all the lights in the room went out.

"W-What was that?" asked Ha Ni, scared out of her witts.

"CHARGE!” shouted voices from behind..

“AAAAHHH!” shouted the girls.

 

To be continued…

Woo hoo! Here it is! My very FIRST Asian FanFics Fan Fiction story! You might've noticed how I changed Shin Woo and Min Nyeo to Lee Shin and Lee Kyu WOn. Mainly because I posted the foreword before I watched their drama Heartstrings and I absolutely fell in love with it! I also decided to add images like the recaps of episodes on DramaBeans because they look way more official and drama recap-like? Like it? Love it? COMMENT BELOW!

You know I love you,

XOXO

sitiaisyah93