Two

Evanescence

 

TWO

 

 

 

___As Gaeun couldn't be more excited about the idea of going to school, Jongin also seemed to be affected. He was happy that she could attend the same school as his and experience on her own things she would usually ask him. For the two weeks before the start of the school year, Gaeun's mind was filled with school, she slept school, she ate school, she breathed school. When she talked to Jongin, it was all about school, school and school.

 

"Tell me again how you greet the teacher before and after class."

 

___It was the fifth time she asked him, Jongin couldn't help but to feel a little tired to repeat the same usual thing. But seeing her glittering puppy eyes, his lips automatically turned upward and he would gladly answer her once again. Then she would nod her eyes fervently, try to remember what he says and ask again.

 

"Stop. Enough for today. We start school tomorrow so you better go to sleep now if you don't want to miss your first day." He interrupted her as she was going to ask another question.

 

___She pouted but listened to him and slipped out his bed to go to her room. However, Jongin knew that she didn't sleep that night because he could hear her turning in her bed all night long and chuckling by herself.

___Perhaps it's because of her continuous interest, Jongin forgot about many less agreeable things about school. He became conscious of them on their way to school, when a little too many stares where looking at them for his own taste. Correction. Too many dubious stares were looking at her, and Jongin didn't like them. One bit. And perhaps it's thank to them, Jongin managed to remember a dangerous threat. That threat being a creature named Park Chanyeol.

 

"I didn't know you had such a cutie as cousin. Why didn't you tell us before ?"

"Because you'd be ogling at her like you're doing now. Don't you dare to lay a hand on her."

"C'mon, what are you seeing me as ? I won't touch my friend's relatives."

"I believe you as a friend. I don't believe you as a man. You have way too much hormones for your own good."

"You make me look like a ert."

"Listen well, Gaeun. If you see this strange guy from afar, run. As far as possible. Or tell me if he does something weird to you, I'll beat him for you."

"Great, now I am a psychopath. Don't listen to him, Gaeun-ssi, he's saying nonsense. I'm a very good and kindhearted guy. Nothing like he's describing me now."

"Believe me Gaeun, he's nothing good for you."

"Great friend I have here." Chanyeol sarcastically exclaimed.

 

___Jongin was relieved when he heard Gaeun laugh. She suddenly became so nervous this morning that she didn't look like her usual self. She even messed up the self introduction she prepared for the past week, and Jongin could see that she was pretty down since then. At least, he managed to cheer her up a little. But that didn't mean that he didn't think about what he said of Chanyeol.

___Chanyeol may be his friend for the longest time being, but that guy was also an indeniable player. For the lifetime being he's known Chanyeol, Jongin has never seen him stable with a girl, and that guy had so many girls that pairs of hands and feet weren't enough to count them. It didn't really matter to Jongin at first, because it was his life after all, but now that his baby cousin was in game, it was a different story. His brother instinct were awoken.

 

"It's nice to meet you Chanyeol-ssi, Jongin talked a lot about you."

"Oh I see, so he talks a lot about me right ? I know you love me that much Kai, no need to display it so publicly."

 

___Jongin threw him a withering look.

 

"Call me Chanyeol, or Yeol if you prefer. We shouldn't be so formal with each other since we're now friend, right ?"

 

___As Chanyeol showed off his trademark radiant smile, Jongin made a mental note to give him a piece of his mind later on. Alone.

___Jongin noticed how Gaeun's expression brightened at the 'friend' word, and how her grin almost broke to her ears as she laughed blithely. He also smiled, glad that she looked so happy. It was better than her being down. (Though he didn't like the fact Chanyeol was her first friend at school.)

 

"Let's go eat ramen ! I'm starving !"

"We have to wait for Amber, you forgot ?" Jongin reminded the boy.

"Oh, forget about her, she'll join us later."

"She'll hit us if we go without her. I don't want to have bruises the first day of school."

"Coward. Let's go Gaeun, leave this sissy alone. I'll take you to the best ramen shop in town !"

"You really want to get beaten right ?"

 

___Jongin rolled up his sleeve, ready to punch the pestilent guy.

 

"Who is Amber ?" Gaeun's question managed to stop him from hitting the taller boy.

"It's that girl with a short blond haircut. You've seen her. She arrived late this morning, she's getting told off by our teacher right now."

"You know, she look like a dude. You should be wary of her, she's very violent."

"Park Chanyeol, what are you badmouthing about me again ?"

 

___As if she heard them calling her, the said Amber appeared at the door entrance, throwing her bag at Chanyeol quite hardly. Jongin thankfully managed to avoid her missile.

___Jongin had known her in middle school, and since then, he had learnt to abstain from getting on her bad side, because getting beaten by a champion in karate hurts. A lot. However, Chanyeol didn't seem to understand as he kept on getting beaten for irritating her constantly. 'Oh well, Jongin thought, it's Chanyeol.' He liked annoying people too much.

 

"I see, so you're Gaeun right ? I wanted to meet you but Kai wouldn't let me in your house. Nice to meet you, I'm Amber, Kai's friend." Amber waved at the shorter girl, her expression changing from the dark one she showed earlier at Chanyeol.

"What about me ? Am I not your friend ?" The tall boy whined.

"No."

"Oh, you hurt me. I thought we were friends."

"Ignore this guy, he's a little deranged." Amber whispered at Gaeun, but loud enough for the four of them to hear.

"First,, Jongin made me look like a ert and a psychopath, now you call me deranged ? What have I done to you ?" Chanyeol dramatically cried.

"Let's go, I'll take you to the most famous ramen shop out there, it's so delicious that you will want to go back again. My treat." Amber crossed her arm with the girl's and went off without the two boys, continuously praising the shop and the food.

 "Hey ! I was the first one to have the idea ! You can't take her from me !" Chanyeol darted in between the two girls, only to be kicked off by the strong tomboy.

 

Jongin shook his head at the tall boy's foolish action but smiled when he heard his cousin's peculiar high laugh. It wasn't often he could hear it, and it felt good that she seemed to enjoy his friends' company. He worried a little for her at first, but perhaps it wasn't going to be too bad of a year after all.

At least, he hoped so.

 

 

 


 

Truthfully, I didn't think I'd be able to update so soon. But I had some spare time and I didn't want to work on my homework so I wrote this down. True story : I wrote this chapter three times before I was satisfied. So I hope you liked this one. :)

This chapter introduces the secondary characters : Amber and Chanyeol. I know, there's not a lot of actions right now, it's because I'm preparing the field for the future twists. I want to show the peaceful days before everything gets turned upside down. So for now, please be patient and discover this story's characters one by one.

Also, thank you a lot to those who subscribed and commented, I was worried that no one would like this story because there hasn't been any reaction. So I'm thankful to every one of you. Thank you. <3

Christmas is very near, what have you planed ? Did you buy a lot of gifts and do you expect a lot ? Hope you will have a nice Chritsmas day with your family, your friends and your close ones. Eat a lot and laugh a lot, it's good for your health ;)

 

Happy holidays~

 

Kisses,
Waltzpring