Chapter 2 - Hey, Thank You!

Guard It, Dont leave It. My heart.

The second open day for students.

 

Our schedule sheet will be given out today too. We need to collect it from the Administration Office later.

It’s 6.45am right now. I’m still in bed. The room is only occupied by me. Although I did said I at making friends, I guess.. I do need a dorm mate to talk to.

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP  

1 message received.

From: Daehyun-iii ^^

Hey, are you up alr?

Let’s meet up at the

Students Lounge n get some

brkfast 2gether. Aight? I’ll wait.

 

“why is he up so early..”

So, I took out my bath stuffs and headed to the changing room. Going further in is where the washroom located.

We were warned by the warden that we only allowed to change our clothing in the big changing room. Not in our rooms. The male student might wander off at our floor. Their curfew to be on our level is up until 10pm.

After freshen up, I went off down to the student lounge. I scanned the place, and there they are sitting on the sofa. Daehyun with his white Beats headset on, Zelo is munching on some chocolate.

I decided to scare Daehyun from behind, so I gave the SHHHHUSH signal to Zelo.

BUT, ZELO WAS JUST SO CLUELESS AND DIDN’T GET MY SIGNAL.

 

“OH! Annyeong!”

*FACE PALM*

Daehyun turned around, and set down his headset.

“I was gonna SURPRISED him, ZELO. Just so you KNOW” I emphasized my tone on Zelo.

Zelo felt guilty and said sorry. He pouted and scratches his back head.

“Chocolate~?”

“No thanks. It’s alright!” I smiled and ruffle his curly blonde hair! Zelo shyly gave a smile.

“What’s this? You’ve never done that to me?”

“Why? Are you that.. Jealous?”

“Aa… no… pfft, why would i..” Daehyun avoided my eye contact and looked away. “Let’s go to the canteen….” he went off ahead.

Zelo and I tag along from behind.

The canteen sells light snacks, sliced fruits, packed breads, some cold and hot drinks. Self service ramen too!

“Ramen!!!” Zelo yelled out and stand on line anxiously. He’s literally jumping up and down, couldn’t stand still waiting for his turn to pour some hot water into the cup ramen.

“What do you want, Rin?” Daehyun asked.

“I’m not sure. I’ll look around for awhile” I went around to the bread section.

 

Tuna with bread. Cheese-filled bread. Ginger bread. Croissant. Minced beef tomato topping bread.

 

“That looks delicious.. I’ll get those two then..” I tip toed as tall as I can to reach for Minced beef tomato bread. However, I cant seem to reach the top shelf for Croissant.

I’m on the verge to give up. One last try. I shall jump. Jump. And Ju----

“… short”

I was startled.

A hand crossed by my right view, took the croissant I wanted from the top shelf and handed it over to me.

“How many do you want?”

“.. huh?”

“How ma—“

“Oh two….”

 

He took 1 more for me, as soon as I grabbed it off from his hand. He walks away. Wait… I know him! He was the on who carried my bag yesterday! I wanted to approach him and say thanks. But then..

I couldn’t find him. Did he left? Why is he so fast? Why does he always disappear right after that..

 

“Rin! Already?”

“Oh, Dae.. Yeah.. I’m buying these! For you too!” I smiled to him.

“Really? I bought some coffee for us too..” he replied a smile.

We walk to the counter and paid for the breads. After that we went back to where they sat earlier, Zelo was already slurping in his ramen. Around 8am, we went to the administration office, to get our schedule.

We took a number and place our Registration slip at the counter. All we have to do now is to wait for our names being call out.

LEE SUNGYEOL.

--

JUNG DAEHYUN.

--

CHOI JUNHONG.

--

KIM..

I stood up quickly after hearing the word KIM. To my surprise, another person, who sat 5 seats further to the left, stood up as well.

You.. Again” I said to myself. We glance at each other, and look towards the counter.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

MYUNGSOO.

 

“aa.. that was embarrassing..” I mumbled and sat down slowly.

He gave a smirk and went to the counter. Daehyun came back after a short consultation regarding his schedule.

KIM HYERIN

I went to the respective counter. Zelo stopped by to accompany me.

“Here’s your schedule. Your free time will be on Saturday. However, it might be slot in with extra tutorials from any of the 4 courses you’ve taken. Oh, right. All the courses you applied were accepted. For the first 4 months, you may have a trial before deciding your major. You may major either, Vocal.. Dancing, Music production or even Acting. Any questions?”

“Um.. I think everything is perfectly clear for now”

“Alright then, you may come anytime it you do have a question. And, congratulation for getting accepted in our art academy!”

“Thank you!” I bowed, and Zelo followed by my side. We went out of the Administration building and search for a good spot to sit on the wide plain green grass.

“So Rin, when’s your free day?”

“Saturday! You? And Zelo?”

“Aa.. Mine’s on Thursday. But then, my lecture on Saturday will only be from 8-11am!”

“YAYYYYY! We can hang out just after that! And look, we have the same lecture time for vocal and acting class!” I gave a high five to Daehyun. “Oh, Zelo-goon?”

“Ja-jang!” He showed his slip, pointing the free day.. “Saturday too! I can accompany Rin first while waiting for you then! Right, noona?”

“noona?”

“Yea.. noona! And look look, The same lecture time we have is dancing and music production” He smiled, his eyes were closed. So cute, sooooo cute. I just can’t help but, ruffle his hair!

“He’s cute.. You’re cute Zelo. Very cute..”

“Me?”

“What kind of question was that Daehyun~” I stuck out my tongue.

“Tsk…” Daehyun lied doen on the grass. We decided to rest for awhile before heading to the cafeteria. Zelo went off to the pavement- skate boarding.

I shall, lean back on this tree near us. I closed my eyes. As soon as I know it, I fell asleep.

 

---

[DAEHYUN’S POV]

She never does that to me. Never did. We’re close. We’re best friends. Wait.. Why am I jealous? I shouldn’t be. In fact, I don’t need to be. Ergh…. This blinding sun!

Look at her, asleep. The wind breeze through her hair, her head nodded side to side as she’s asleep.

That made me smile.

I moved to sit right beside her, caught her head and slowly, very gently, let her head lean on my left shoulder. One strand of her flew right in front of her eye. I slowly tuck it behind her ear. I closed my eyes too.

 

 

[RIN’S POV]

I opened my eyes slowly, the blinding sunlight. I sit straight, and…. Did I just… Why is he beside me….

“Oh Rin, you’re up?”

“Was i….”

“Your head boggled side to side, I had to. Your neck might hurt. And No, Don’t get the wrong idea. No one saw. Okay?”

“Oh.. Aa.. Thanks.. Then you should’ve just wake me up, Daehyun..”

He replied with a smile and pack up his bag, Zelo’s bag pack too. We approached Zelo near the parking lot.

As soon as he saw us, he ran to us with his board. Took his bag from Daehyun’s hand. Then later on we went for lunch, Bibimpap again for us two. Zelo, hamburger. Wait.. scratch that, 2 beef burgers! After finishing up our lunch, we decide to head back to the dormitory.

Before we go up stairs...

 

“Rin, wait... I need to get something from the canteen”

“Oh yeah, sure. I’ll wait here..”

He went in, Zelo waits with me too. After a minute or two He came back with a plastic bag full of breads and small packet drinks.

“Here…” Daehyun handed over the plastic bag.

“For me? But you don’t ha----”

“Take it, It’s for you. Keep it in your room for you to eat up. Don’t worry, It’s my treat.” He smiled.

“But you didn’t buy anything for yourself?”

“It’s alright; I can go down anytime I want too. You should stay in your room. For dinner, I’ll bring it up to you later! I’ll take away something. No, don’t say anything.” He laughed. “Let’s go up and..” he moved closer and whisper to me just so you know, zelo owns one luggage full of snacks. I have enough supplies from him too”

 

We laughed together just the thought of it, Zelo caught us and we immediately stopped and hold on to our laughter.

I went to back to my room. Set the foods on my study table. Went out to clean up myself early for the day. All I have to do is wait for Daehyun to knock the door. But for now, I guess I should customized my area after freshen up.

I unpack most picture frames on my study table. The timeline photo I have with Daehyun since we were little, I stick it on the wall just right beside my bed. My Apple Macbook, my speakers, my audio mixer out of my luggage.

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Daehyun’s here!

I opened the door for him. He went in, slowly absorbing the environment.

 

“As expected from an art student. You really turned the place very nice and creative. Good choice with that picture of me. That what’s make it absolutely perfect!”

“That was lame Daehyun. Don’t need to brag! By the way, What’s that you’re carrying?”

“Here’s your dinner! Fast food!” He walks quickly to the study table, puts out the burger, drink, French fries and spaghetti. He arranged everything properly. Even the tissue were placed nicely. I love fast food. He knows that very well.

I couldn’t help but to laugh at his action.

 

“Go ahead, eat. I’ll accompany you” he sat on my bed, playing with one of my teddy bear.

“How about you? Have you eaten?”

“Yeah, I did. They planned out a party upstairs. Welcoming party, sort of like that. I went out and ordered something for you right after that..” he replied.

“Awwwww! Thank you, Dae~~” I smiled and pat his shoulder. “I’ll eat it now..”

I sat down and start eating. Daehyun moves around the room, checking out every object in the room.

 

“Ugh, I cant finish up the French fries!” I feel so bloated.

“Haha, you don’t have to force yourself to finish everything, give it to me. I’ll finish it up” He took the packet of fries. “Go on and rest, wash up your face and then go to bed, alright? We have orientation lecture tomorrow morning at the auditorium. I’ll text you up tomorrow where to meet”

He headed towards the door.

 

“Yes Boss, I will. Hahaha and Dae, Thank you~”

“Your welcome, Rin.” He went out off the room. I locked the door. Clears up the study table.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

1 message received.

From: Daehyun-iii ^^

Oh! And.. Goodnight!

Sweetdreams.

“This guy…” ....

I went off to bed early that night.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------