My Winter Nightmare... and Fantasy

The Lover's Diary

The day of the Winter Festival Dance was today. Gyuri was going with Donghae oppa and Leeteuk oppa and I were just gonna walk around town and hang out. Ye Eun had to practice tonight, unfortunately; I guess you have to sacrifice in order to become a star.

All of this was before Donghae oppa asked us to go to the dance.

"C'mon, guys! You have to come! Don't leave me alone with her!" Donghae oppa begged.

"We already have plans, Donghae..." Leeteuk oppa said. "Remember, those plans that you're not gonna do with us?" Leeteuk oppa laughed.

"It's not funny!"

"Yes, it is."

"Bunny! I know you don't like dances but-"

"Sunye isn't gonna go, man!" Leeteuk oppa said.

I didn't want to get in this conversation, even though it's turning out to be more like a fight. I know my oppas will work this out in the end though. I've never seen them mad at each other anyways; I'm sure this is just playful fighting.

"Can't you both come?" Donghae oppa begged.

"Oppa, I don't even have an outfit. I can't go and find one so last minute, anyways." I lied. I did have a dress, that reddish purple one that Yoobin unnie bought for me. But I wasn't going to tell them that I did have an outfit.

"You hear that, Donghae? You lose!" Leeteuk oppa sneered with his contagious laugh.

"You're so mean, hyung!"

"Leeteuk oppa, you should go with him. Donghae oppa will be miserable with no one else to talk to," I said, trying to help out Donghae oppa.

"But you'll be-"

"I'll find something to do. I need to do my collage applications, anyways," I smiled.

"If you want me to.... Then, I'll go Donghae-ah."

"Thanks, hyung. And Bunny. If you end up wanting to come, just call me, okay?" Donghae oppa said.

"Alright. But don't worry about me, though," I smiled, trying to pretend that everything was alright.

====================================================================

Honestly, I didn't want to be alone tonight. I didn't want to sit in my room filling out applications knowing that my oppas were being tortured by that devil right this very moment. And there's no way I'm going to the dance either.

I sigh. "Ahh... Eotteoke..." I said to myself.

My phone began ringing. I looked at the ID: "Fishy Oppa".

"Oppa?" I said.

"Bunny! Guess what your oppas are doing!" he asked. I could hear Leeteuk oppa snickering in the background.

"What?"

"We're in the restroo-," he laughed. "We're hiding from G-G-Gyuri." I could tell he have trouble even finishing a sentence because of his laughing. Suddenly, Leeteuk's unique laugh emerged.

I laughed. "It seems like you guys are having fun."

"It's just really amusing," Leeteuk oppa said. I think the phone's on speaker.

"What are you doing, Bunny?" Donghae oppa asked.

"Nothing actually. I didn't want to do the applications," I said, embarrassed.

"You should come here! We'll sneak you into the guy's restroom someway," said Leeteuk oppa.

"Ew! Oppa! No!"

"We're just-"

"YAH! GYURI'S LOOKING FOR YOU!!" a voice, that wasn't my oppa's, yelled.

"Bunny! We'll talk to you later! YAH!" Oppa hung up.

I stared at my phone. "Every time I forget about him, he always finds a way to get back into my mind. We're starting to hang out less and less day by day. I wonder where our friendship will end up at this rate..." I shook it off.

I knew just who to talk to in a situation like this. I searched through my contact list and found Kyuhyun's name.

====================================================================

Kyuhyun met me at the intersection where the paths to our houses split. We walked around town on this cold winter night. I had on the ivory scarf that Leeteuk oppa got me for my birthday and a brown leather jacket with jeans and black boots.

Kyuhyun and I walked around the city and peered through some of the shop windows. Not a lot of people were out tonight; it was really peaceful and beautiful to be here with all the lights and snow.

I looked up and couldn't see the stars. With so many lights in Seoul, of course the stars are out of sight. From my house, the stars could be faintly seen.... faintly. After all, it is still Seoul I'm living in. How badly I want to see stars, today of all nights. I stopped and closed my eyes and imagined the stars on my ceiling.

'The most beautiful stars in the world belong to me,' I thought to myself.

"Noona, what's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked me.

I opened my eyes. "Oh, nothing. I'm sorry," I told him. "C'mon." I grabbed his arm as we continued to walk down the streets of Seoul together.

But you know what I kept wondering about? Not once this whole time did Kyuhyun ask me why I called him. He must already know the reason. He seems to be the only person I can rely on, the only person who knows me... Why can't I even trust the ones who've I've known my whole life?

I shook my head, but not enough for Kyuhyun to notice. But I think he noticed anyways. Sunye, the reason you're out right now is to get your mind off things. Don't make Kyuhyun worry.

"Is there anything you want to buy, Kyuhyun?" I asked.

"Not really," he answered. "You?"

"No. Nothing really catches my eye." I glanced around the streets to see if there was anything worth buying. Then one electronics store caught my eye. "Kyuhyun-ah! Can we go in there for a minute?" I asked, pointing.

I didn't notice that I was still holding onto Kyuhyun's arm and unconsciously pulled him along too.

"What do you need to buy?" he asked.

"I don't know. What do YOU need to buy?" I asked him, smiling.

"What?"

"You're birthday is in a few months, right? I want to buy something for you. Pick anything you want," I offered.

"There's not anything I want, really..."

"You need a new camera right? I remember you told me that before." I hurried over to the camera aisle and browsed the selections.

"I was just going to buy my own-"

"Noona will buy you one," I smiled at him. "Now, which one is the best. Come help me, Kyuhyun-ah."

"A cheap one would-"

I slapped his arm. "A cheap one is no good. You may as well buy an expensive one that'll last a long time than a cheap one that'll break a year from now."

"I don't want you to spend so much of your money, noona."

"It's okay, Kyuhyun. I want to buy it for you. You're my friend." I put my hand on his shoulder. "Please help me pick the one you want."

Kyuhyun went to another aisle and looked at the cameras there. I smiled at him. That boy deserves whatever he wants.

"Noona! This is the one I want. But it's expensive-"

I came over to him. "Ahjusshi! We'll take one of these, please!"

====================================================================

"Thanks for buying this for me, noona," Kyuhyun said as we left the store.

"Don't worry about it," I told him. "After everything you've helped me get through, it's the least I can do for you. It's not much, but... I hope you enjoy it."

"I will. Thank you, noona."

"Kyuhyun-ah. Are you hungry? Did you eat dinner yet?" I asked.

"No I didn't. I guess I'm a little bit hungry..."

"Me, too. Let's eat, okay?" We entered a Korean restaurant at the corner of the block. The Ahjumma sat us at a table near the back; Kyuhyun sat across from me, facing the doorway. I took the menu and asked him what he wanted to eat.

"I really want to eat jajangmyeon and kimchi jjigae. You pick the other dishes, noona."

"How about some dukbokki, beef, and gimbap, too?"

"And rice!"

I giggled. "Of course!" I looked around. "Ahjumma! We're ready to order!" I said.

"Yes. What would you like?" she asked us kindly.

"We would like one kimchi jjigae, dukbokki, beef, gimbap, two bowls of rice and two bowls of jajangmyeon."

"Alright." She took our menus and gave the cook our orders.

After around 10 minutes, Ahjumma brought out the dishes to us.

"Please enjoy your meal," she told us.

"Kamsahamnida," we both told her.

We ate the food with delight. It was so good and everything tasted fresh. Kyuhyun even agreed.

"It's good, right Kyuhyun?"

"Mmhm," he replied with jajangmyeon still in his mouth. "You, noona?" he managed to say.

"I love it." I looked at his face but he was looking past me with a look of discern in his eyes. "What is it?" I turned around and I saw them standing at the doorway, fully dressed: her in a mini dress and them in nice clothes, looking this way. Her arms were wrapped around both of their arms.

I turned back around. Just when I thought I had cleared my mind of heartbreaking thoughts, they always find a way to get back to me.

Ahjumma led them to a table located behind Kyuhyun. Both of them looked at me in the corner of their eyes as they sat down, facing in my direction. But before that devil sat down, she stopped by our table.

"What a surprise to see you two here," she said to us.

I managed to crack a small smile.

"Yeah," Kyuhyun said, seeing that I was uncomfortable.

"Hmph," she said quietly. She walked away and sat at her seat next to him. The others two got up and stood by my table.

"Hey, Bunny. Hi, Kyuhyun" he said to me.

"Hi, oppas," I said back to them.

"Hi, hyungs!" Kyuhyun greeted enthusiastically.

"Did you have fun tonight?" he asked us.

"We did. Right, Kyuhyun?" I said.

"Yup."

"That's good-"

"What do you want to eat, oppas?" I heard Gyuri say obnoxiously loud from her seat.

They didn't answer, they just shrugged their shoulders.

"I guess we have to go back," Leeteuk oppa said, pointing in her direction with his thumb.

"Enjoy your dinner, you guys," Donghae oppa said to us.

"Thanks," I smiled.

====================================================================

"Noona, let me pay for the food," Kyuhyun offered.

"No, let me do it," I retaliated, taking out my wallet instead.

"You already bought me this camera for my birthday. And I never got you anything for yours. Just think of this as your gift," he told me. "Even if it's not much..."

"Alright. Thank you, Kyuhyun." I placed my hand on his back and we walked to the cashier. I took a look back to my oppas' table and gave them a small goodbye smile.

They returned it.

"Thank you!" the Ahjumma at the front said. "Please come back again!"

"We will," we both said as we walked out the front.

When we were outside the restaurant, Kyuhyun touched my cheeks. "Noona, are you okay? You're face is really red."

"I'm fine, Kyuhyun. Was it just me or was it was really warm in there?"

"Just a little."

I sighed.

I saw Kyuhyun looking at me from the corner of my eye. "Noona. C'mon, follow me." He took my hand and pulled me along.

====================================================================

We walked for about five minutes until I realized where he was taking me.

The Han River.

The Han River was in full view now and it was the most gorgeous sight I had ever seen. Night sightings of the Han River were always beautiful especially with the lights, but the river during winter was the best. Colored lights and the snow made it seem like a winter wonderland.

I've seen the river from a distance while walking in Seoul, but this was my first time to the river in a long time.

"Why are we here?" I asked Kyuhyun.

"I just felt like taking you here," he replied with a smile.

I smiled back. We walked to the edge of the river and sat on the bench beside it. I shivered a little bit. The breeze from the waters made the area's temperature drop a few degrees; I was not dressed for this...

"Noona, you look cold... If you want, we could leave-"

"No, I'm fine," I said, trying not to stutter because of the coldness.

I picked up a rock and threw it into the river, trying to keep my mind off of the coldness. I heard ruffling noises from Kyuhyun and looked over; he was opening the box that was holding the camera. I had a confused look on my face as he inserted the film and adjusted the camera settings.

"Noona, I want to take a picture of you," he said.

"Me?" I pointed to myself reluctantly.

He placed the camera up to his eyes as if to check out how it felt. "Yeah. It'd look nice with the Han River as the background." He looked at me from behind the camera. "Please?"

"Okay." I couldn't say 'no' to him, now could I?

I stood where Kyuhyun told me to and posed and smiled for him. I practically had to beg him to take a picture of him and, of course, he gave in to his noona. We asked passersby to take pictures of us together which were especially fun to take; we acted goofy and someone even told us how adorable we were.

No, don't worry. I'm not falling for Kyuhyun. But I do love him... Like the dongsaeng I never had, heh heh.

******************************************************************


Underneath this calm exterior, I'm truly hurting inside.


******************************************************************

Sorry for the late update =[
I wasn't sure what to write for this chapter so... I just wrote XDDD

I'm almost done with the OST ^^

I have a lot of summer homework to do in such a short period of time.
This coming September I will be a senior, so that means I have a lot to do this summer which means  I have a lot to do this summer including studying for the SATs.

I hope you guys understand but I will still update at least every week =]

Please comment <3

07.20.10