Chapter 2

Whistle

 “No no no! Like this.”

“I’ve been doing that for the past half hour.”

“No, your lips form more of an oval. They need to be a circle.”

“Your lips can’t be a perfect circle. That’s impossible."

“No it’s not.”

“There’s no difference between a circle and an oval anyway, idiots.”

             “Actually, a circle is a figure whose center is equidistant from all outer points, while an oval doesn’t have a center, but two points who’s length add up to a third-.”

“OH MY GOD JAE, no one asked you.”

Yongguk wonders if it would be appropriate to tape his dongsaengs’ mouths shut and lock them in a dark closet.

             It started an early wake up call courtesy of Daehyun and Youngjae in another screaming match (in which Daehyun was screaming something about shampoo and Youngjae was whining back about being sore in areas he shouldn’t and Yongguk doesn’t want to even think about those implications), to no breakfast (Himchan was too busy scolding the idiots them and the last time Yongguk tried to cook he almost burnt down the dorm) to an entire afternoon of dance practice. And after four ing hours of non-stop practice, their trainer finally deemed their dancing acceptable. Which lead to a break. Which lead to boredom.

 Which somehow ended in a “Teach Yongguk Hyung How to Whistle Because It’s Still Pretty Sad He Doesn’t Know How” lesson.

             They are all sitting on the floor, Yongguk sitting next to Junhong, backs against the mirror. Jongup is sitting in front of him, eyes on his lips, mind trying to formulate a reason why he can’t ing whistle. Himchan is cross-legged sitting between Youngjae and Daehyun, still looking sour from that morning’s shenanigans between the vocalists.

“Ok hyung, one more time. Like this-“ Jongup purses his lips again and lets out an effortless, clear whistle.  

Show-off.

Yongguk sighs and takes in a deep breathe and-

“Make sure your lips are wet enough hyung!” Yongguk groans and shoots a glare towards Daehyun, who innocently looks back.

“What? You’re lips have to be wet, otherwise you can’t do it!” he says, putting his hands up defensively.

             From the other side of Himchan, Youngjae snickers. “That’s what you said last-WOULD YOU STOP THROWING AT ME,” he screams as a water bottle pelts him in face.

Himchan shrugs nonchalantly. “Stop talking and I won’t,” he says, daintily picking the bottle back up and taking a sip.

            Yongguk sighs and rubs his forehead, before yanking the bottle from Himchan and taking a drink himself. “Alright, my lips are wet, and I swear to god Youngjae if you open your mouth I will punch you in the face, can we just get this over with?”

Youngjae snickers like the spawn of Satan he is, but keeps his comments to himself this time.

             Jongup leans forward, eyes still fixed on Yongguk’s lips. “Now form a circle with your lips-“ Yongguk puckers, “-and just blow!” Yongguk takes a deep breath-

           “But don’t blow to hard, hyung!” Junhong says quickly from his side, causing Daehyun to choke on his water and Yongjae to burst out laughing. Himchan, on the other hand, groans and puts his head in his hands. “I’m surrounded by erts,” he whines.

            “B-but I didn’t- wheeze- d-do anything!” Daehyun swears while he coughs on his water. He lifts a finger and points to Youngjae. “It’s all –wheeze-  him!”

             Yongguk watches as Jongup and Junhong look at each other, confusion plastered across their faces. “Was it something you said…?” asked Jongup to the maknae.

Junhong shrugs his shoulders. “Maybe whistling is funny to them.”

Yongguk sits on his hands in order to keep himself from literally face-palming at the maknae’s innocence.

Youngjae on the other hand, does facepalm. “OH MY GOD YOU TWO. Seriously has no one taught you about se-“

             Himchan cuts Youngjae off by tackling to the floor and holding him in a headlock. Youngjae lets out a breathless “” before rolling around trying to get Himchan off, while Daehyun yelps in surprise and dives to get out of the crossfire. Jongup and Zelo burst out laughing, their hyungs in pain always being amusing to them, and Himchan begins to tighten his grip around Youngjae’s neck, making the younger’s face turn dark red.

“L-let me g-go!” he breathes, hands trying to pry Himchan’s arms off of his neck. “Y-you can’t…kill the….vocalist!”

Himchan rolls his eyes and motions to Daehyun, not easing his grip. “He’s the main, we’ll survive.”

“Uh, hyung, you should let him go. He’s going cross-eyed,” Jongup says.

              “And turning purple,” adds Junhong, still giggling at his hyung’s misfortune. Himchan lets out an exasperated sigh and reluctantly lets go of Youngjae’s neck, who then curls into a ball and gasps for air, dramatically grabbing his neck.  Daehyun lets out a surprised yelp and rushes over.
           

             “Are you alright?” he asks, eyes roaming over his roommate, looking for damage. Youngjae responds by flipping off Himchan.

             Yongguk looks around at his bandmates and proceeds to bang his head against the mirror. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           

            Yongguk wakes up. He groans and buries his face back into his pillow, trying to match his breathing with Himchan’s light snoring from across the room. But he realizes that he’s not going back to sleep any time soon.  He groans again, softly lets out a “ this,” and sits up, looking over at the clock that shines “3:24 AM”.  Way to early to be up, but Yongguk knows he won’t be able to sleep because-

Because he had a ing nightmare. A nightmare about ing whistling.

             He was up on stage, in front what seemed like million fans, all cheering and chanting along with his rap. But someone in the crowed demanded he whistle along with the chants, and the crowed became quiet, waiting for a response. Yongguk had freaked out, and explained how he couldn’t whistle, but the crowd started booing him, demanding he leave the stage. He began to feel suffocated, the booing became louder, so he tried to whistle, but nothing happened and then came the laughing that swallowed him up and he couldn’t breathe and-

And that’s when he woke up.

            “ me life,” he whispers to himself. He rubs his eyes and swings his legs over the side of the bed. Might as well get something to eat… he thinks, as he makes his way to the kitchen, trying to keep as quiet as he can so he doesn’t disturb Himchan’s “beauty rest.” (Keep in mind children: nothing is more frightening then a wild Himchan at 3 in the morning!)

Yongguk whines as he turns the kitchen light on, and blindly makes is way over to the refrigerator, opening it and reaching around for a bottle of-

“Hyung?”

             Yongguk lets out a rather unmanly shriek and smacks his head against the refigerator. “,” he curses as as he holds his head in his arms, trying to rub the pain away. He turns swiftly to see Junhong standing in the doorway, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

Jesus Christ Junhong, you scared the out of me!” Yongguk hisses, still rubbing his head.

“Oh, sorry hyung, I thought I was the only one up….” Junhong says quietly, still half asleep. He lets out a soft yawn.

Yongguk sighs, taking a deep breath to calm himself. “It’s fine. I didn’t think anyone else would be up.”

             “I woke up because I heard Youngjae hyung yell from his room and it sounded like he was hurt, so I got scared that he and Daehyung hyung were fighting, but it was quiet after that so maybe he had a nightmare.” Junhong shrugs and walks around Yongguk to grab a water bottle from the fridge.

Yongguk makes a mental note to brutally murder Youngjae and Daehyun.

“So why are you up?” Junhong asks, taking a seat in a chair nearby, eyes still heavy.

“……couldn’t sleep.”

             Junhong rolled his eyes. “Hyung, you’re the deepest sleeper out of all of us.” He sticks his tongue out playfully, but his expression turns thoughtful after a moment. “Did you have a nightmare?”

            Yongguk begins to choke on air. It’s sometimes scary how much the maknae could figure out and even scarier how much he couldn’t.

            Junhong takes this as a yes, his eyes widening. “Oh, was it scary? Or one of those dreams where you’re like falling, or the ones where you’re running away from something in slow motion, because I get those a lot and they scare me sometimes-“

            “I DIDN’T HAVE A NIGHTMARE.” Yongguk fires back, a little too loud. “I just…couldn’t…sleep…”

            “….Hyung, you’re a horrible liar.”

            “Jesus Christ. Fine, yes I had a nightmare and I woke up. …”

            Junhong giggles, taking another sip of his water, an amusing glint in his eye. He sets his bottle down, his lips dry, watching Yongguk. Waiting. Yongguk glares back. “What?” he asks defensively.

            “Don’t you want to talk about it? It will make you feel better.” Yongguk rolls his eyes and leans against the kitchen counter. “Junhong, guys don’t talk to each other about things like that. It makes us look soft.”

            “And not being able to whistle doesn’t?” Junhong answers, a smirk appearing on his lips.

            Yongguk finds himself chocking on air. Again.  How the does he do that?

            His face must show is shock, because Junhong laughs softly, getting up from his chair and putting his water bottle in the trash. He stretches his arms over his head and lets out another yawn.

            “It’s ok, hung. I won’t tell anyone. Everyone gets nightmares…even about whistling.” He lets out a giggle on the last part, but Yongguk can see he is being serious.

Yongguk sighs and runs his hands through his hair, speaking a soft “Thank you,” before getting up himself.

             “Might as well try to get some sleep…” he says, whether it was to Junhong or himself, he isn’t sure. All he knows is that he is tired all of a sudden, and his bed seems like a very warm and good idea at the moment. Junhong nods in agreement and leads the way back to their rooms.

             “Goodnight, hyung,” he says, hand on the doorknob. Yongguk mutters a quick “ G‘night” in return, stepping through the threshold of his room when he hears, “Hey, hyung…” He turns his head.

            Junhong gives him a smile. “I will still think you’re awesome, hyung. I’m sure everyone else will think so, too.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“We are the B.A.P. YES SIR!”

              The six members of BAP salute the crowd, who in turn goes wild. The fans cheer, voices being carried from every part of the concert hall. Some fans blow on their whistles in order to be heard.

              “Thank you all! We will now perform our debut single, Warrior-“ The crowd goes wild again. “-and we hope you will all enjoy our powerful performance! Thank you!” Yongguk finishes his speech with a smile, looking out at the audience, thrilled and excited about performing.

             As the lights die down and the members disperse into their respected spots, Yongguk feels something hit the back of his thigh. He looks down at his feet and sees a black whistle with their logo on it.

             From his side, Youngjae laughs. “Oh my god, even the fans know!” Jongup and Daehyun giggle along. Yongguk feels his face flare up; but before he can pounce on Youngjae, Junhong swiftly picks the whistle up and shoves it in Youngguk’s pocket.

            When Yongguk looks at the maknae in confusion, and just before the music starts, Junhong smiles back and says, “Now you can whistle along with us, hyung!”

Yongguk performs the whole song with a smile on his face. Their manager will scold him for it, but he doesn’t really give a about it.

He’s far too excited about the ways he can take revenge on Youngjae and Daehyun with his new whistle.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, this came out not the way I wanted XD but here's some fluff along with failed humor. 

Read it on livejournal! And visit my tumblr for updates ^-^