Chapter 2

The Whipping Boy

The next day was painful for Ryeowook as usual. Yesung would be a brat, Ryeowook would get hit. That was pretty much his entire day.

When night time came, Ryeowook was happy to be in his bed. It wasn't that comfortable but it was better than nothing. Usually the pain in his back would keep him awake a little bit. As he was finally drifting off to sleep he felt a tap on his shoulder. He slowly turned in his bed to see Prince Yesung out of his chambers. 

"What do you want?" Ryeowook said groggy and grumpy. 

"Thats no way to talk to someone of royal status," Yesung said. 

Ryeowook just stared at him and waited. Yesung sighed,"I'm not tired, keep me company until I fall asleep."

"It's late and I'm tired," Ryeowook said. A lot of people are surprised by how Ryeowook talks to Yesung but technically they've known each other for a while and Yesung didn't really care. "

I don't care, come with me to my room and keep me company," Yesung stubbornly grabbed Ryeowook's arm and pulled him up. He winced in pain as the cuts on his back were still hurting. After all the times he had been whipped, it was still a harsh pain that would always meet him. Yesung was quiet stronger than it seemed. He pulled Ryeowook up with ease.

"Now you're not sleeping, let's go,"Yesung whined. Ryeowook sighed and got up and followed Yesung. Honestly everyone just thought they hated each other. But they knew they didn't. It was weird but they weren't total enemy's like everyone suspects. Ryeowook doesn't hate Yesung, but he hates the king, Yesungs father. He knew Yesung had nothing to do with the fact that his father was hung and that he was a whipping boy. It was all the king.

"Yay now I have someone to talk to!" Yesung exclaimed as they made it to his room. He was practically a 12 year old in a 15 year olds body. Yesung would occasionally feel bad for Ryeowook. Usually when Yesung says he's going to be extra bad to get Ryeowook hurt, he doesn't mean it. He doesn't try to be worse, it just happens. 

"Well what do you want to do?"Ryeowook asked. The pain in his back was immense so he knew he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep. 

"Lets talk or something, I don't know. I've never really had a conversation with you before," Yesung said. 

"True," Ryeowook agreed,"well there not much to talk about." 

Yesung thought for a moment, and asked,"Are there days when you just think about your parents?" Yesung knew about what his father had done to his dad and knew about him mom so that's why he asked. Ryeowook looked down for a bit,"Yeah there are. Well I think about them almost all the time."  

"Really?" 

Ryeowook nodded. "It's hard not to."

"Oh wow," Yesung laid down on his bed and pulled the covers over him. 

"Already going to bed?" Ryeowook asked.

"No just laying down." They spent another while talking about parents. Yesung mentioned how his never have time for him, so he tried to be understanding but he would still get upset over it. 

Ryeowook was surprised at how Yesung was opening up to him. He didn't know Yesung could be this heartfelt when talking. After a while he noticed Yesung stopped talking. He looked over at him and saw his eyes were closed and he was almost snoring. Ryeowook laughed and got up from where he was sitting. As he got up, the candle, which was his only light was blown out by a gust of wind.

"Erm," Ryeowook looked around. He could see nothing. No light, all darkness. He was already having trouble keeping his eyes open, he didn't need to find his way back to his room in the dark. He tried remembering the pathway that lead him to Yesungs room, but it was use. He remembered climbing up stairs and walking down long hallways, going through lots of doors, but nothing specific. He decided to just walk out and hope there was light, but as he took a step he fell onto his back on the bed. 

The pain grew worse as he wanted to let out scream, but put his hands over his mouth to stop it. Small tears made there way down his cheeks. Now he had to get up, which was hard. He didn't want to move. He stayed laying there for a while then he realized he was in Yesungs bed. He tried getting up but then he felt Yesung throw his arms around his waist. Ryeowook had looked over at him and noticed he was still asleep. Ryeowook was somewhat panicking now. He was in pain and couldn't leave now. He took deep breaths and decided to relax. He relaxed a bit too much because then he ended up falling asleep with Yesung hugging him.

 

 

FINALLY! OKAY I KNOW ITS BEEN A WHILE AND IM SURE I HAVE LOST LOTS OF SUBS FOR THIS STORY AND I APOLOGIZE. ILL TRY TO KEEP UPDATING AS MUCH/FAST AS POSSIBLE. HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. REMEMBER TO COMMENT TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ^·^ THANKS