Welcome to Seoul, Doctor

World of the False Idols

 

“WHAT’S HAPPENING?!” Martha yelled, holding onto the main board of the Tardis.

“I DON’T KNOW!” The Doctor yelled, pulling random levers, hoping that one of them would put the Tardis to a stop.

The Tardis—standing for Time and Relative Dimension in Space—was spinning out of control. Nothing unusual—the Doctor always had to fix it once in a while. The Tardis abruptly stopped, making the Doctor and Martha fall to the ground. They both groaned in pain as they got up.

The Doctor got to his feet and nodded, “Yeah,” he his lips, pointing his finger at the mainboard, “I should probably fix that.” He pulled his hair back, walking around.

Martha looked at him, “Oh really?” she sarcastically said, slowly getting up, rubbing her head. “Where are we?” she asked with her characteristic London accent.

The Doctor, fixing his long brown overcoat, walked towards the computer screen. “We’re in…” he started, scanning it—hitting it a few times. “Oh, December 2008—that’s not too far from your time.” He tapped his computer. “Ever been to South Korea?”

“Korea?” Martha blinked.

The Doctor quickly ran out and opened the door—only to find himself in a storage room. Okay, janitors’ closet to be honest.

“What the…?” he muttered, looking around. He placed his hand in the air, “Well, it’s pretty nice weather.”

Martha walked out, “Well, at least we’re not crashing into the sun, right?”

The Doctor chuckled, “Nah. That won’t happen—unless humans want their entire race to be gone.”

“Which will be soon.” Martha added, shaking her head at the previous incident.

“It won’t be when you’re alive.” He patted Martha’s shoulder.

They chuckled a bit before the Doctor looked around, “Huh, Windex.” He pointed to the blue bottle. He looked at the bottles and books in amusement while Martha was looking for a way out. Once she did, the first thing she heard were two men arguing with each other.

 “Hyun, you’re insane! You can’t overwork those boys.” A voice from afar said.

“If they want to be popular, then so be it.” The other voice muttered, “They’ve been gone for so long, they need to work harder if they want to be at the top.”

“But still, they’re young.”

“But they’re getting old. Before you know it, Park Jung Su’ll be 30 in a few years. We need to make them work for our money’s worth.”

“Hyun—”

“That is it, I refuse to listen to any more of this pointless conversation.” He yelled in pure frustration.

The Doctor and Martha walked towards the two bickering men.

“Ello!” the Doctor said, making the two men turn their heads. One man had a slight shaven face while the other one was bare faced.

“Who are you?” the one with the shave asked.

Martha piped up, “I’m Martha, and he’s the Doctor.”

Hyun stared at the two before shaking his head. “Well then, if you excuse me—”

“Mind me, what were you two just talking about?”

“It’s confidential, managers only.”

“Well,” the Doctor took out his physic paper, “Are you sure you won’t let me know?”

The slightly shaven man looked at the Doctor, “Is that so?” he muttered, “Well then, Hyun—” he turned his head, but saw that the other man had left. “HYUN!” he yelled.

“What do you think?” Martha asked.

The Doctor checked his hand, “You see this, Martha?” she looked at his hand, not understanding what was going on. “The hairs on the back of my hand are standing up. Something’s wrong.”

Her eyebrow rose, “Does this always happen.”

“Of course.” He smiled, pointing at the two managers, one chasing the other. “I say something’s wrong with them.” He looked at them, then at Martha. “Shall we?”

Martha smiled, “We shall.”