Day 1 (Part 1 - Onew POV)

30 Days to Get Into His Heart

written by: StayOnYou

 

Noreut-noreut sikppangi guwojoseoyo ~

Naega naega oneur uri gajok yorisa..

“Uhh..” Onew squirmed on his bed. His head snapped up upon hearing the sound. With his barely-opened-eyes, he glanced at the clock on the wall in front of him and frowned; who the hell was calling him in this effing 06.30 am?

Noreut-noreut sikppangi guwojoseoyo~

Naegagu-un sikppangeda JAMeul ppallayo..

He gingerly reached for the phone on the night stand beside the bed. Too lazy to check the caller, he just slid the screen effortlessly and brought it to his ear.

“Hello-”

“Onew-yaaaaaaaaaah, hehehe..”

“…..”

Oh yeah, he shouldn’t be surprised to hear the head-splitting shout in this hour, but he couldn’t help to clutch his chest which contained his heart just because it was beating out of control.

“Sooyoung-ah, why do you always do this to me? I still can hear perfectly! No need to shout, you, woman. Especially in this hour!”

“Hehehe, I’m sorry Onew-yah. I’m just so excited about today, you know,” Sooyoung said with an excited voice, didn’t realize that the person she called was confused.

“… Zhat’s with today? Did I miss something?”

“Oh my God... It’s a good thing that I’m such a fabulous best friend.”

“What? Just tell me, please.”

“This is the first day—we are going to observe our crushes! How can you forget something like that? Aw, and I couldn’t even sleep properly last night.”

Onew’s eyes widened. Crap, he totally forgot about this. He bit his bottom lip until Sooyoung spoke again.

“Yah, Onew! We just have three hour or so to stalk them, we have to be ready quickly or else we can’t ask the professor to permit us to enter the class”

“Yeah, but... How could you get the schedule? And whose class is this?”

“I’ve told you I’m such a fabulous person, haven’t I?”

“Sooyoungie…”

“My stalking habits are finally useful right? It’s Kyuhyun’s class by the way, why should I know your lover’s classes? Do ask him yourself!”

“…..”

“Onew?”

“Wait for a minute, I’m going to ask Changmin hyung”

With that, he threw the phone on one of his stuffed pillows and ran to his hyung’s door, knocking a few times. When he didn’t get any response, he opened the door forcefully, just to get the sight of Changmin sleeping, face turned to an awkward angle.

“Hyung, wake up! I need your help!” Onew tried to shake the lump in front of him. Gently first but then it became frantic.

“Jinki? Oh please give me five… no... ten minutes again, will you?”

“No, hyung! This is urgent, please, please!”

Hearing that, Changmin finally got up and leaned on his elbow, searching for his brother’s panic eyes.

“Fine, fine. What do you want?”

“ I need you to ask Minho something… Please?”

“Minho? Why? You finally will confess to him? Wow.”

Onew gave him an unbelievable stare. “No! it’s not like that! I… I actually need you to ask him his classes for today-” and just like that, Changmin was laying on his back again, completely turning his body from Onew.

“You woke me up for something unimportant like that? Oh my...”

“Hyung, please..”

“Just take my phone and text him yourself!”

Onew’s jaw dropped. He was going to text Minho? Even though he would be using his brother’s phone, it was the same. He. Was. Going. To. Text. Minho. He carefully eyed the room, trying to look for his brother’s phone. It was easy for him to place where the phone was because his brother is such a clean-freak (fortunately), definitely was not like him.

He immediately panicked again when he got the phone with him. He was just staring at the phone in his hand. His brows frowned, thinking; what would he text? Would Minho know that this isn’t Changmin? What should he do if Minho knew? He didn’t realize that he was standing there for about 5 minutes already, until he heard his brother’s annoyed voice again.

“Yah, until when will you stand there? I can’t sleep again with you there trying to my phone.”

Without saying anything back, Onew quietly opened the door and closed it gently. He stood still again in front of the door; trying to think a suitable text he would send to Minho. After some thinking and a lot of typos, he managed to send one message, just a normal one like yah, when does your class start today?

Now, he only had to wait for the reply. Did Minho already wake up? Should he text again to say sorry for disturbing Minho’s sleep? He nearly dropped the phone from his hand when it rang the same ringtone he had for incoming call. ‘The Bread Song’ he and his brother recorded just for fun. His brother even called him weird for making that song but ended up often sang it with him too.

Onew opened the message nervously. He felt relieved when Minho seemed clueless about the sender. He read it on the way to his room, picking his phone to call Sooyoung again. He pouted when he saw that Minho’s class started at 09.30, the same time as Kyuhyun’s class started.

“Hello? Onew? How is it going?”

“Umm, Soo, he said that his class starts at 09.30—“

“Oh? We just have to split and class-observing alone right?”

“What? No no no Soo.. you can’t do this to me. I don’t want to be alone..”

“So? What solution will you give eh, genius?”

“How about we just go to Minho’s class for this time? We can observe Kyu hyung somewhere else, please? We don’t have any time again today because our class starts at eleven right?”

“Then why should we go to Minho’s? why not Kyuhyun’s?”

“Because I’m so bored of Kyu hyung’s face.”

“….”

“No, no.. I’m just kidding, because I’m your friend? Oh please Soo, just not Kyu hyung’s class for the first day,”

He heard a faint sigh on the other line and soft muttering of “fine” and “you win for today”. He silently cheered, waiting for Sooyoung to speak again

“Meet me at the café near college at eight thirty, understand? Don’t be late, you punk.”

Onew kept smiling until he realized Sooyoung had ended their call minute ago.

---

“Soo-yah I’m sorry I’m late, Changmin hyung was hiding my clothes for today and—wow, what’s wrong with your hair??”

Onew stared at Sooyoung’s hair weirdly. It was not that weird, actually; she just side-ponytailed her hair but Sooyoung was never like this, she just either let her hair loose or ponytailed them on the back of his head. Onew also realized the eyeliner and faint color lipstick on Sooyoung’s face.

“I know.. I’m going to meet Kyuhyun today, so I did a little make up. Do these make me beautiful?” she said and blinking her eyelashes.

“..Nope? it looks …weird?”

“…Let’s just go Onew, I refuse to believe any of your words”

They go to the law department together, with Onew tailing after Sooyoung. He somehow managed to trick Sooyoung to get them the permission from the professor. The professor himself was so interested when he knew that they were going to do some observation in his class. So with that, they got the permission easily.

They came with the professor to the class. Onew’s hands became so cold from the nervousness he felt, especially when he saw Minho, sat on the second row, and the third chair from the right. He caught Minho’s surprised face when their eyes met, but he quickly turned his head though, couldn’t hold Minho’s stare for a long time.

Sooyoung and Onew quickly made their way to the back of the class and organized the things they need—camera, book, pen, etc. They should get enough data to check the personality of their subjects and decided what technique they should do to change their behavior, or, specifically, their ual orientation.

 

========

 

a/n:

sorry for the wait, guys, sobs.

because we've been busy with college ; n ;

so, as you guys know, this is chapter 01 pt. 1 from onew's pov

therefore the day 1 is not yet ended,

because the next chapter will be day 1 as well, but from sooyoung's pov

i hope you guys will comment and maybe invite

..some of your friends to read our story hahaha

StayOnYou and __ryura signing out OuO