Fated Meetings

I'll be your Angel

Eli's POV

"Come on, Kevin! Let's go!" The younger boy in front of me waved. I smiled at him and waited for him to catch up. The boy briskly walked towards me and looked at me with those deep brown eyes. That silky hair and flawless skin. His beautiful angelic voice. Kevin Woo. My best friend.

"I'm here!" He cutely annnounced, throwing his hands in the air. He smiled brightly, eager to see who we were going to meet today.

I grinned and said, "Ready?"

"Ready!" The boy squealed in excitement as I rolled my eyes. Today I was taking him to meet my other best friend. I had met her 3 years ago in senior year of middle school. We got really close but I never got to introduce Kevin to her. Kevin and I didn't go to the same high school so I din't get to see him as much as I'd like. And Kim, that's her name, was always too busy to meet up. But now, there was finally a time for both to meet! Both of them had heard a lot about each other from me and they thought both of them were great people. Plus, who doesn't like when your two different friend become friends too?

We sat in the coffee shop and order some drinks as we waited since we were a bit early. Kevin asked me how I met her and I began to tell him. That's when I remembered how we met...

~Flashback~

Tears were rolling down my cheeks uncontrollablely. Sobs and hiccups shook my small 6 year old body. I was alone on the playground, mourning my lost mother. It's been a week. My appa knew that it was best to leave me alone since nothing could calm me down and the only way to keep me from crying was to let me be until I couldn't cry anymore. My tremebling hands wiped the messy tears and snot across my face. I buried my head in my knees and curled into a ball, wishing to vanish for a while.

Something warm shook my shoulder. At the touch of a stranger, I immediately jumped back and looked at the stranger with frighten eyes. It was a small boy around my age with big curious eyes holding a bunny. I sniffed and tried to bite back my tears. The boy tilted his head at me and spoke. "What's wrong?"

I was silent, afraid to break my efforts not to cry. "Nothing..." I answer softly.

"Don't lie. Lying is bad." The boy pouted and continue to say, "My mommy alway told me that lying is bad." At the mention of the word "mommy", I couldn't hold it back and began to bawl again. The boy looked at me alarm and quickly rushed to my side. "I didn't mean anything! Did I say something?"

My loud sobs continued to leave my mouth but I managed to say, "My mommy is... She... died." I couldn't control myself and completely broke down.

He looked at me with sympathetic eyes and cooed me as he hugged my shaking body, "Its okay. Shh..." His small delicate hands my back and he said, "My mommy died too..."

Once I hear that, my sobbing ceased and I looked at him with big eyes. "Really?"

He nods sadly but smiles at me and says, "But I know she's always here!" He takes a finger and points it to his chest. "In here! Oh.. and here!" His little pink bunny he's been holding is shoved in my face as he states, "My mommy gave me this! Isn't it pretty? I named it Kiseop but call it Kiki." I look at it and back at his face. His bright smile lift my spirits but only a little. I nod and push the doll away but he holds it firmly. "No. Cry into it."

"Huh?" I look at him in confusion.

"Cry into it. When I feel sad, I cry into it and then I feel happy again. Try it."

I relectantly hold the bunny and look at it. The other boy just nods and urges me to do it. As I stare more, the more I remmebered my mom and the tears began to build up. Soon, I'm bawling again with the boy beside me and the bunny in hand. Finally after I stopped, the boy offered to lend it to me. "Really? You won't miss it?"

"I'll miss it. But I think you need it more than I do." The boy smiled and pushes into my lap. I smiled back with a teary face and thank him.

"Eli! We're going home!" I hear my appa in the distance and I jump off the playground and looked at my new friend.

"Your name is Eli?"

I nod and ask, "Yes. And what's your name?"

"Kevin."

~End of flashback~

Eli smiled at the memory and remember how surprised and happy he was to see his new friend in school. We stuck together like glue and were practically inseperatable. However, in middle school, Kevin moved so he had to attend another school. We kept in touch, though, and whenever we met up, it wasn't awkward at all.

"When is she coming?" Kevin's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Uh..." I looked at my watch and answered, "Probably in a minute. She'll be here."

As if on cue, a small girl enters the cafe and looks around, immediately spotting me and Kevin. She waves and walks over happily. "Annyeong!"

"So you finally came, huh, Kimchi?" I teaseingly smile and ruffled her dark hair. Kim's nickname was Kimchi to me since she was in love with kimchi and why not?

We talked and sat down together. Kevin and her finally met and I was happy to see them both getting along. It would be a pain for them to not like each other. The rest of the day was filled with laughter and joy. We finally said our goodbyes and I walked Kevin home. He talked about her and I was so glad to see that he liked her and understands that she's not his replacement. Never. Finally at his house, we bid farewells for the night and I made my way home. At home, I thought about how lucky I was that my two best friends got along. But what I didn't know was how well they got along.

The next few weeks, Kim, Kevin, and I were alway hanging out together. It was the happiest few weeks in my life. Hanging out with your best friend and the one you love, nothing but warmth and happiness. But one day, that fateful question was asked.

"Hyung, does Kim have a boyfriend?"

I looked at my dongsaeng for a second and answered, "No. Wae?"

Kevin looks down and smiles to himself shyly. "I... kinda like her." Shock washed over my face as I heard the words come out of his mouth. Does... does that mean-

Kevin must have seen the look on my face since he asked, "Are you okay, hyung? Did I say something?"

I quickly regained myself and snapped back into reality. "Oh, aniyo. It's nothing." I turned my back and tried to play it cool.

"Hyung..." The boy's soft concerned voice called from behind. "Don't lie to me. I know you're hiding something." When I said nothing, he said, "Is it... is it because... you love..." My eyes grew big. Did he know? How? I was trying to hard to conceal it. How? My attention turned back to him and I looked into his eyes.

"... you love Kim, huh?"

Whut. No. Kevin, you got it all wrong! I love you! You! My best friend I've known for years! The one I can trust and has been by my side for years. That's who I love! My thoughts were all over the place and I wanted to say them out loud. However, the words that left my mouth were, "Pfft, are you kidding me?" And a short forced laugh.

His face brighten again as he sighed and replaied, "Oh. Phew. You got me scared there, hyung. I thought I just stole your love interest."

You're my love interest. "Nah, I don't have one."

"Oh, does Kim?"

She likes you. I know it. "I don't know. I'm not Kim, am I?"

"Really? Will you help me find out?" Kevin's bright excited smile melted my heart.

No. Don't do it. But that would be selfish. And I want what's best for my friends. But I can't just let him go! My inner voices argued about what to do. Should I or should I not? I don't know what to say! I know Kim probably likes him but... Aish. Yes or no? If I say no, it'll hurt him. But if I say yes, it'll hurt me. What am I going to do? He's waiting for an answer! With those innocent brown eyes and shining smile, just sitting there, waiting. No, I can't let him. Kevin is my only one. I can't let him go so:

"Yes. I'll help you."

                                                                                                          

Hello there! I did say it was going to be a one-shot or a little longer but I thought this would be a good place to stop. How is it? Good? Bad? Terrible? Haha. I love Elvin like there's no tomorrow. If you have any suggestions, please leave comments down below. I do already have it all planned but I would like to see if there are any good suggestions that I can intergrate into the story. :)

If you like, please subscribe or comment! Thank you for reading. ;) Will try to update ASAP.