First Snow

First Snow

 

A warm gloved hand grabbed Yixing’s own, pulling him out the dorm and into the open. There was a mischievous grin on Minseok's face as he placed his index finger on his lips. And all Yixing could do was to nod and let his excited hyung take the lead. At 4am in the morning, there was hardly an alternative.

 

It wasn’t long before they reached the top of a small hill overlooking the city. Yixing tugged his black fur coat closer around his body, the fashionable outer doing little to protect him against the gusts of ice-cold winter wind.

 

“Minseok, why are we-“

 

The other was looking at his watch with one hand displaying five fingers, a smug grin on his face. He put down one finger.

 

3.

 

2.

 

1.

 

Yixing squinted, trying to figure out what Minseok was doing and then…

 

He saw it.

 

A small, pure white flake floating across his vision.

 

Yixing stared open mouthed in wonder as more began to fall. As the wind blew, the white flakes swirled erratically around Minseok like little snow faeries dancing wildly. The pure white was a gorgeous contrast to his cheeks that were pink from the cold and the earlier brisk walk. Without a doubt, it was the most beautiful thing Yixing had ever seen.

 

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Minseok smiled, speaking in Mandarin and Yixing had to hide a chuckle at how proud he looked because of it.

 

“It’s amazingly and wonderfully beautiful,” Yixing replied in Mandarin as well as he closed the gap between them.

 

Yixing gently lifted Minseok’s chin, slightly amused at the snow caught on his lip, and pressed his lips on his. He could feel the snow melt instantaneously at the sudden warmth, tongue darting out to the icy liquid it had become.

 

He smiled at the colour seeping into Minseok’s cheeks and whispered in Korean. “But not as beautiful as you.”