Years Later

Years Later

 

SHINee was done. It was bittersweet, they had worked a long time together but they finally had the freedom to focus on things they loved the most. Minho went into acting, Kibum, fashion design, Jonghyun and Jinki were both solo artists. Taemin himself was going from place to place being a dance instructor for rookie groups. 

 

The five of them didn't meet up as much as Taemin would have liked them to. He wanted to see his hyungs that he learned to care so much for. Taemin thought to the last time they all had met. It would have been three years ago now.

 

They met in a quiet little restaurant. All of them were too old to go out to their usual bar now.

 

Taemin had sat across from Minho and next to Jonghyun and Kibum, Jinki was to Kibum's right.

 

He couldn't participate in the conversations they had, he was too distracted. It had been a long time since Taemin had fully thought about anything with Minho. But traces had always been in his mind, lingering.

 

Minho and Taemin, they could have been something great if they would have tried a little harder. 

 

Taemin sighed as he fully let the memories flow through him. He thought all the way back to his first confession, way back when they were in SHINee. And then he thought of his second. The year after SHINee disbanded. And then he thought to his third. The one from three years ago. The one that finally had ended it all.

 

"Hyung." Taemin had brought Minho back to his apartment.

 

Minho stopped exploring the space to look at the grown maknae.

 

Taemin stepped into Minho, wrapping his arms around the larger. Minho slowly brought his arms up to pet his hair.

 

"Can you please Minho? Just love me." Taemin's voice was thick, he was close to tears.

 

Minho's sigh rumbled through his chest before he tipped up Taemin's head, planting a firm kiss on his lips.

 

Taemin let the dam break then, tears flowing freely as Minho easily picked him up and carried him to the bedroom. 

 

Minho was gentle, it was perfect in Taemin's mind. But he had ignore how Minhos eyes were unfocused through the entire night.

 

Taemin fell asleep with Minho's warmth surrounding him. 

 

But when he woke the next morning there was nothing. No clue besides the sticky feeling he had that Minho had been there the night before.

 

And that was the end.