[YabuKei] Till My Heartache Ends

Chie's Song Fic Collection {Super Junior, Hey! Say! BEST, Boyfriend, others by request}

Song Prompt: Till My Heartaches end – Ella Mae Saison
Author: jhengchie
pairing: YabuKei [girl!Kei]
subject: Romance

rating: PG

summary:  I was afraid this time would come, I wasn’t prepared to face this kind of hurting from within
Warning: Character Death
A/N: This song struck me when my classmate sang this after her father’s death back in third year HS. I can’t find another pair to write this one so I just Used my fave pairing.. I know you will hate me but I needed to write this one.


 


I recall, When You said that you would never leave me


Kei sat by the window sill and stared outside: it was almost spring and the sakura would be flooding the Tokyo skies once more. Yet Her soul feels hollow and her heart screams pain. Not long after, silent tears fell from her eyes as she recalled the face of her lover.


 

O.o

 

On the day Kouta asked Kei to be his girlfriend, they were on top of Tokyo tower, overlooking the city. Kouta wore a huge smile on his face .


 

“Can you find the heart to love me?”

 

Kouta asked as love and hope glistens in his eyes. Kei naturally fell for those sensitive eyes and said yes.


 

“I promise to never leave you..”

 

Kei held on to the promise Kouta gave: it was the trust and love that made her go so far…


 

Time and time, Kouta would keep his promise, being there when all hope seems lost, when her mom was diagnosed with cancer, Kouta was there to help her relieve the pain. When She graduated from College and received Magna Cumlaude, Kouta was the first to congratulate her. When She was stressed and down from all the pressure form work, Kouta was there to support her.

 

He was always there.

 


You told me more, so much more like when the time you whispered in my ears

It was heaven in my heart

Kouta made his promises and he always kept them.

 

When Kouta was promoted in his work, he promised to treat Kei in a week-end get away: they both went to the hot springs that weekend. When Kouta had missed their anniversary dinner because of work, he promised to cook for her the next day; Kei woke up with a breakfast in bed waiting for her.


 

But what meant the most to Kei were the short promises Kouta whispers to her.

 

“I love you”


 

“you mean the world to me”

 

“I will be here for you.. forever”


 

They were just words but  for Kei it was what makes her heart beat faster.

 

I remember when you said that you’d be here forever.

A promise meant forever.


 

Kei recalled Kouta saying them on their second anniversary.

 

It meant forever.. those words rang inside Kei’s mind and a smile appeared in her serene face.


 

Kouta meant every word and every smile but try as they both may… nothing lasts forever

 

Then you left, without saying that you were leavingI was hurt, and it won’t be easy to forget yesterday

It was the day that Kei most regretted: she never did tell Kouta how much he means to her that day.

Kouta went to work extra early and left a note on the refrigerator door.

“I’ll be late for dinner.. take care of yourself… I love you”

Her phone rang and she answered it casually.

“hello is this Mrs. Kei Yabu?”

“yes, speaking”

“this is PO1 Matsumoto and I regret to tell you that your husband died from a car related accident..”

“what..”

“I’m sorry ma’am..”

Kei dropped the phone as she fell to her knees; tears flowed.. Rivers and rivers of tears flowed.


 

And I pray that you would stay 

But then you’re gone and oh, so far away.

Takaki, Kei’s best friend knocked on the door and eventually entered the house. She searched for the friend and found her unconscious by the phone in their living room.

 

“Kei..Kei.. wake up”


 

Kei gently opened her eyes and blinked at the friend..

 

“takaki?!!?”


 

“Kei are you alright..”

 

Kei shook her head


 

“kou-chan.. where is kou-chan.. I need to talk to him..”

 

Kei spoke with teary eyed and unsteady voice. Takaki stood there silently.


 

“I need to find Kou-chan.. takaki..”

 

Tears fell from Takaki’s eyes as she tell the bitter truth


 

“he’s gone.. Kei He’s gone..”

 

Kei shook her head in denial.


 

“no.. he’s just late.. he’ll be here.. he’ll come”

 

“no he won’t.. Kei.. he’s dead, I’m sorry..”


 

Kei broke down as the truth sunk in, Kou-chan is already gone…

 

I was afraid this time would come
I wasn’t prepared to face this kind of burden from within
I have learned to live my life beside you.


Kei knew nothing will last forever and she already feared it will come sooner or later; but this was just too soon. They just started life together, they just got used in this married life, and they were just starting a new chapter of their lives.

 

When they were first married, Kei was easily agitated and can’t find sleep: sleeping beside kou-chan would take time. Not that she doesn’t want him, it’s just that they just got married and this was her first time sleeping with another person not family related. But as kou-chan allowed Kei to rest her head on his chest and feel his heart beats, Kei found rest and sleep slowly dawned on her: this is her life now, With Kou-chan, with her one true love.

 

Just as hard it was to adjust to her married life, Kei was faced with another burden: to live without the person she loves.

 

As she lay in bed that night, it was hard to breathe and her eyes were filled with tears as she recall the moments spend with Kou-chan: his voice, his gentle touches, his calm eyes, his passionate kisses.

 

It was hard to accept that all of a sudden.. it was all gone.. she had nothing left.. nothing at all..

 

Maybe I’ll just dream of you tonight and if into my dreams you’ll come and touch me once again

As she cosed her eyes to get some rest, a gentle breeze blew and made her feel at ease. It was the first time Kei had felt peace in her heart; after the tragic accident and she knew it will be a hard and painful road to recovery.

 

“I will always love you..”

 

Kei tossed and turned in her sleep as she continuously dreamed of chasing kou-chan, begging him to stay.. but soon she will wake up, sweaty and panting, and there was no Kou-chan.. no one beside her.. it was only a dream.. a dream she can’t let go..

I’ll just keep on dreaming
Till my heartache ends.

Takaki was worried sick for the best friend who rarely went out 2 months after the accident. As she checked up on her friend, she was surprised to see Kei pretty much ok.

“Kei…”

Takaki started and Kei smiled back. As Takaki approached the friend, she extended her hand to embrace the latter; Kei broke down.

“Takaki.. I can’t go on.. he’s my life..”

“you have to.. I know you can get through this..”

“I can’t.. I can’t… kou-chan.. I need him..”

“and he needs you to be strong..”

“he’s selfish..”

“he loved you.. more than his life..”

“he left me.. how can he love me..”

Takaki sighed and comforted the friend as she retold the true story why Kouta has to leave her so suddenly. 

Kouta was a careful driver and he would always follow the traffic rules. On that fateful day, he was driving to work when a kid suddenly crossed, making him steer to the right and successfully avoided the kid but was greeted by a light post. A fatal crash, an unfortunate accident..

 

“he’s selfish..”

“you’ll forgive him soon enough Kei..”

“he left me..”

Kei finally calmed down and fell asleep. Takaki laid the friend on their living room sofa since she cannot carry the friend to her bed. A cool breeze blew and Takaki understood, she left Kei sleeping peacefully.

“I love you.. and I will never leave you..”

Kei woke up in her bed and a butterfly gently fluttered by and landed on her lap: it has dark wings and had the touch of red; it was kou-chan.

“I love you so much..”

Kei cried but smiled nonetheless; kou-chan never really left her.. he’ll always be there.


-

a/N: Yah I know kill me for killing yabu.. OMG.. I killed my ichiban!
Moving on.. it’s so angsty.. 
Anyway.. sequel is next… it’s more of an alternate ending or something less angsty…