[Kangteuk] Vulnerable

Chie's Song Fic Collection {Super Junior, Hey! Say! BEST, Boyfriend, others by request}


Song Prompt: Vulnerable - Roxette
Author: jhengchie
pairing: KangTeuk [girl!teuk] and ninjas
subject: Romance

rating: PG

summary:  I could never hurt the one I love, She’s all I’ve got. But she’s so vulnerable
A/N: I really loved this song.. the original story took a 360o turn so it ended like this

 



Everywhere I look I see her smile Her absent-minded eyes


It may have been chance, it may have been something else but one thing is sure, He made this decision by himself.

 

Kangin sat in a chair outside a café, with lighted cigarette and cold coffee. He was waiting for someone, a business partner. His face was cold and expressionless when a person sat across him and placed an envelope on top of the table.


“orders..”

 

Kangin nodded without so much as looking at the person and the man left without another word. Kangin smiled half heartedly as he open the envelope to reveal a picture and some instructions.  His smile faded as he replaced the contents back inside the folder and left the café.


Kangin changed his clothes and went straight to attend his class.

 

In this University, Kangin is famous for his temper and attitude; no one wants to mess with him, not even the professors.. not even the directors..


And so he sat and listened to the lecture as his mind wanders only to be interrupted by a laugh that comes from outside the room; a group of girls were passing by.  Leeteuk was trailing at the back, weakly smiling back at the unni’s, her eyes had no light and Kangin can sense that she has been the center of all jokes and anything annoying.

 

 

Kangin sighed as the professor throws in a question for him.


“would you mind answering the problem on the board, Mr. Kim?”

 

Kangin stood up and smirked at the professor who was surprisingly not afraid of the infamous Kangin. Siwon, who was their professor was a strict and was the only one not scared by the ferocious bear. Why would he be?!


Kangin answered the problem without breaking a sweat, for he is not stupid or dumb. In fact he is surprisingly smart.

 

“Very well.. I guess you were listening. Now moving on”


After classes, Kangin has his job to keep, and that job is what makes him a campus terror.

 

“ready?!?!”


“talking to me?”

 

Kangin was his usual self and Siwon just smiled, he knows too well that this is Kangin’s way of showing his respect. As his uncle, Siwon knew how hard Kangin worked to reach this far; all the blood, sweat and tears he shed.


They drove to a certain pub where cigarette smoke is the air that they breathe and ladies become martini and vodka glasses. This was his job… as an underground subordinate, he was assigned to collect the goods and look out for Siwon as they make transactions.

 

“What do you want?!”


The boss spat at the two as he push of the girl off of him

 

“you know the drill Yunho..”


“know what?”

 

“I came to collect mistress’ money..”


“hell that !”

 

“a divorce settlement isn’t cheap you know that..”


“I’ll shell out no penny..”

 

“it’s your choice..”


Siwon glanced at his nephew who just nodded.

 

“oh.. so you brought along a wimp..”


Yunho was obviously teasing Kangin wwho just stood there silently.

 

“Let’s see what you got, beat down my men and you get a hundred thousand per head.”


“that’s a deal”

 

Siwon stepped aside and Yunho sat in his chair and motioned for his men; they were huge and mascular. Kangin stepped in the middle and motioned for them to attack, and they did.  Kangin didged and mugged and kicked and at the end of it all, he still stood in the middle, sweat dripping down his face, but remained untouched; no bruise or mark in sight.


“eleven.. I expect the check..”

 

Siwon smirked, Yunho was very pissed as he wrote the amount and handed the check.


“pleasure doing business with you”

 

The two left and Yunho was furious and kicked his men lying on the floor, beaten and bruised.


“well done.. a reward..”

 

Heechul mistress was very pleased with the work as he handed Siwon and Kangin each fifty thousand checks.


“oh well I only need the million anyway.. you did great Kangin.. I like you a lot..”

 

The mistress winked at the young kid as she enters her chamber followed by her Chinese boy toy.


And she has kept me wondering for so long How this thing could go wrong

 

And so another job done, Kangin sat on his bed and sighed. Siwon patted him on the back.

 

“you know you can always back out before it’s too late.. Mistress Heechul is a little possessive.. before you know it, you can’t escape..”


Siwon was comforting the nephew.

 

“I know.. and you can’t escape her..”


“it’s not about the money Kangin.. you know I want more than that..”

 

“yeah.. her..”


Siwon sighed as he left the room, leaving his nephew to ponder, if this is what he really want to do with his life.

 

It was his decision to come to Seoul despite the warning and disapproval of his parents. Siwon took him in and gave him everything, but he felt indebted and so he worked for him.


It started that way, until he saw mistress’ daughter, Leeteuk.

 

He knew it’l be impossible, but he knew it wasn’t wrong. And so he continued to work there, hoping that everytime he was there, he will be able to get a glimpse of the daughter who stole his heart. And yet he knew, that he’ll only end up like his uncle, so close to mistress but can never hold her with lover’s arms.


“yeah.. you can only hope.”

 

It seems to me that we are both the same Playing the same game.

It is just a game they play: Life is a game.. a chance, an opportunity.. it is based on strategy.


Kangin chose to be with Mistress Heechul to get closer to leeteuk; yunho was desperately trying to get him to his side for years and still unsuccessful till now.

 

“oppa, you seem so tired working for  umma..”


Kangin was surprised as a fragile Leeteuk smiled at him and handed a glass of cold pineapple juice.

 

“uhmm.. not exactly..”


“don’t lie to me…”

 

Leeteuk pouted as she sat beside Kangin.


“you’re always asleep on your classes and you rarely eat lunch for you have to do a lot of stuff..”

 

“what.. how’d you..”


“you may never notice but we belong to the same class.. each and every class except that of Siwon’s class..”

 

“oh.. really..”


Kangin lied. He was obviously there in her class to watch over her, it was mistress’s instructions.

 

“I want you to watch over my daughter, Yunho will try to get her from me.. and use her against me..”


KAngin recalls the specific orders and the picture that was handed to him. and this was the reason Yunho can’t get KAngin, for Heechul made sure Kangin can’t refuse her orders.

 

“What’s your real name oppa?”


“huh?!?!?”

 

“I know Kangin was the name umma gave you..”


“It’s youngwoon..”

 

“such a lovely name..”


Somehow a smile found its way into Kangin’s face as he hears Leeteuk chuckle.

 

But as darkness falls this true love falls apart into a riddle of her heart

But Kangin know too well, that each night he’ll receive some orders and would accompany Siwon somewhere. He would leave the angel he was asked to look after. HE would beat some poor guy’s and Siwon would happily hand his mistress the goods.


All this time, he would wish that somehow he could find a way into his angel’s heart. But he knows that this will not happen… each day that passes, his heart loses a piece.

He find no repose and stirred in his sleep. HE would wake up with clouds above his bed but the sun will shine once he takes a seat at the back of the class; to do nothing but stare at the angel.

But this particular day wasn’t the usual routine, he was surprised to see Leeteuk waiting for him outside the room.

“oh.. good you’re here.. let’s go in..”

Leeteuk pulled Kangin inside and they sat in front. The class was silent as they watch the angel push down the bear into his seat and sat beside him. even the professor was surprised and asked

“are you two together?!?!”

Leeteuk blushed as Kangin shook his head.

“oh.. ok.. let’s start the lesson…”

 

She’s so vulnerable, like china in my hands

Kangin learned that Leeteuk was as fragile as a delicate China; she was a blue baby, and her heart cannot take any hard news for the matter. She almost died when her parents got divorced as she kept all the emotions in.


“you won’t leave me right?”

 

“what?”


Kangin was surprised.

 

“you won’t leave me like what appa did..”


“oh.. I work for mistress, it’s my job to go wherever she wants me to go..”

 

“oh.. I see.. “


Leeteuk was crestfallen and was teary eyed as she ran to her room and locked the doors. KAngin followed her and knocked on the doors.

 

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to hurt you.. I.. I..”


He stopped knocking as Leeteuk opened the door and hugged the bear.

 

“I know you won’t leave me.. Regardless where umma wants you to go.. you’ll return.. you’ll come back for me..”


“I will.. I promise..”

 

Kangin embraced the angel who was crying in his shoulders. Siwon was stepping out of the mistress’s room when he saw his nephew and the mistress’s daughter; he felt something is bound to happen.. he fears it.


She’s so vulnerable, and I don’t understand

Every night, Leeteuk will wait by her bedroom window and gaze out to the night. She will wait patiently until a familiar car park in front of the house.

 

“I see.. he’s getting stubborn now.. anyway, Kangin I want you to do something for me..”


“yes mistress..”

 

KAngin gloomily walked down the hall with Siwon when Leeteuk stopped them. Kangin looked at his uncle who nodded, Leeteuk smiled.


“ I made this for you.. it’s my first time doing this.. but it’s almost winter so it’s getting really cold..”

 

Leeteuk shyly handed him a green and white scarf and Kangin meekly smiled.


“thank you..”

 

Leeteuk blushed and went back to her room very happy and satisfied.


KAngin held the scarf close to his heart and muttered I’m sorry before walking out of the house and into the car waiting for him.

 

It was cold the next morning but Leeteuk was very excited to go to class, she wore a similar scarf and matching bonnet. She checked herself twice and when satisfied with her looks, she boarded her car.


She expected Kangin to wear the scarf today but contrary, no Kangin appeared for the rest of the day; he was absent for the rest of the week.  Leeteuk was pretty sad and worried, she asked Siwon about it.

 

“oh.. I thought he told you last time.. he got assigned in Incheon”


“what.. he what..”

 

“mistress’s orders.. I’m sorry.”


Leeteuk was mad and furious but most of all, she was upset, KAngin promised he will never leave.. he will return for her..

 

“umma.. why would you assign kangin in a place far from Seoul! And he’s just a kid.. what if something happens to him?”

 

“he’s my little toy and you can’t fall for my toys, they belong to me.. besides.. I did not raise you to fall for one of my minions.. “


“this is unfair.. I should’ve stayed with appa..”

 

Leeteuk stormed out of the house and ran away from her mom and that place. She knew where to go and a car was waiting outside for her.


“hello dear, you may not know me..”

 

“you’re Jaejoong, Appa’s mistress.”


“oh, so you do know me… your Appa would like to talk to you..”

 

Leeteuk entered the car and it started on its way; Heechul was more than happy to see the car drove off


I could never hurt the one I love She’s all I’ve got

Kangin silently sat on the house provided for him as he oversees the whole operation in Incheon; Heechul promoted him to that position. He was instructing some men older than him which was very insulting on their part, but what can they do when it was Heechul’s will.

“how’s Incheon?”

“doing well mistress. The profit increased threefold just this week.”

“That’s really great.. but I need you here in Seoul..”

“Anything wrong?”

“Leeteuk, she was kidnapped on the way home from school.. I think Yunho got her.. I want you to bring my daughter back”

“yes mistress.”

Kangin was shocked at the news but was determined to save his angel, when his phone rang again.

“well you want Leeteuk back? Come and get her from me..”

The other line went dead before he can even respond. Kangin broke off in  a run and immediately boarded a helicopter back to Seoul. He went straight to where his instincts led him: Yunho.

“so you came..”

“where is she..”

“why would I hurt my daughter?”

“where is she..”

“I won’t worry about her, if I were you, I’ll worry for myself”

And soon Kangin was surrounded by a mob of gangsters ready to fight. Kangin stood in the middle and braced himself for a fight; he put many to sleep but the number of men attacking him never seems to cease. Exhaustion dawned on him as Yunho kept watching the bear take each punch and kick pretty much amused, until the bear completely fell down, unconscious and still.

 

Days like these no one should be alone No heart shoul hide away Her touch is gently conquering my mind There’s nothing words can say


Kangin woke up in a warehouse where the only light comes from the moon that hvers outside.

“if only I knew your weakness before..”

Yunho walked towards the fallen bear as the light went on. Kangin’s hands were tied but he can definitely stand.

“what do you want?!?!”

“you should’ve come to me and not to that ..”

“I regret nothing..”

“so you’re willing to sacrifice everything for that ..”

“I owe her my life..”

“seriously..”

Just then Heechul walked towards the two men, Siwon and Hangeng, her Chinese boy toy, was with her.

“I see.. you passed my test..”

Kangin was confused and surprised at the same time.

“a deal is a deal.. here you go!”

Heechul handed Yunho a check while Siwon removed the rope the bound Kangin. Yunho smirked at Heechul.

“you think I’ll play by the rules?”

Yunho drew a 45 caliber magnum an pointed at Heechul. Hangeng drew his own magnum and pointed at Yunho; Siwon drew his gun as well. Leeteuk and Jaejoong entered the room but surprised to see the guns and stopped dead on her tracks, Jaejoong pointed a gun on her.

“so you think you can put me down, not like this Yunho..”

“I’m not stupid Heechul.. I know you’ll come with your boy toys… but I know you don’t bring any guns yourself.”

The room was tensed and all their lives hang on the line.

“what do you want then?”

Heechul was still expressionless and cool. Yunho thought hard and long before muttering.

“you..”

Yunho dropped his gun and started moving closer to heechul; hangeng and siwon put down their respective guns as well. Jaejoong was hurt and betrayed; she was crying for she truly loved Yunho. As tears run down her face, She pointed the gun towards heechul and was about to pull the trigger when Leeteuk stopped her, there was struggle and a shot was heard; everyone was stunned.

Jaejoong dropped the gun as she falls to her knees, Leeteuk ran to her parents while Hangeng and Siwon ran to Jaejoong and guarded her, Hangeng took her gun. The three looked at the reunited couple hgging their daughter. Yunho was apologizing for his mistakes and promised to be a good husband..

“I loved him.. I truly loved him..”

Jaejoong said as she cried her eyes out. Siwon patted her back

“I loved her too.. but we are just subordinates.. we can never ask too much from our masters.”

Just then, Leeteuk searched for Kangin, and she saw him sitting on one corner, holding his side, clearly in pain. Leeteuk ran to him and saw blood.

“kangin.. you’re wounded.. Kangin..”

Kangin coughed blood as he slurred in his speech. Siwon run towards the fallen nephew.

“I’ll…. Be … “

“Don’t speak.. it’ll be ok.. call an ambulance.. hurry.. he’s… shot..”

Leeteuk was crying as she desperately tried to stop the blood.

“i… i.. i….shot... shoot…”

Jaejoong was in denial and guilt has taken over her. Siwon tried to stop the blood as he reassured his nephew that the help is on the way.

Kangin had a hard time breathing and was coughing out blood.

“I’m sorry…. I won’t ….. be .. able.. to keep….  My….  promise…. “

“no don’t say that…” Leeteuk was crying so hard as she touched Kangin’s face and stop him from speaking.

“it’ll be ok.. help is on the way..”

Kangin coughs more blood as he becomes paler and paler; he was drifting in and out of consciousness

“no.. don’t leave me..”

“no.. Kangin..”

Kangin became still and silent as he closed his eyes.

“youngwoon.. no.. youngwoon.. saranghae.. youngwoon saranghae..”

Kangin was silent and still as Leeteuk cried

She’s so Vulnerable

Leeteuk waited with hope as the octors tried to revive the dying man. Heechul was there to support the daughter; she felt guilty for she wanted to test kangin. She never thought this would happen. Yunho was comforting Jaejoong and reassured her that he loves her, he just wanted to end the lifelong war between the them; besides Heechul has his two boys now.

The doctors were successful and soon leeteuk finds herself inside the room where Kangin lied, still and peaceful.

“youngwoon oppa..”

Leeteuk held on to Kangin’s hand and prayed. Kangin slowly opened his eyes then weakly smiled as he muttered with much difficulty..

“I love you too..”

Leeteuk’s eyes went wide as she flung herself to the fallen bear.

“don’t make me worry too much.. my heart can’t take it..”

“I’m sorry..”

“now you won’t leave me.. I’ll make sure you won’t leave me.. I can’t make it without you..”

Leeteuk said as she snuggle close to Kangin who made way for Leeteuk to lay there with him.

“you’re such a fragile girl.. I’ll have a hard time protecting you..”

Leeteuk pouted asmshe hung her head low. Kangin smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“Kangin..”

Leeteuk was surprised to see her Umma, but heechul smiled approvingly..

“I’m assigning you to be Leeteuk’s boyfriend…”

Without another word, Heechul left the room. Kangin’s mouth hang open at the previous statement, leeteuk giggled and kissed kangin.

“who’s fragile.. I totally fought Jaejoong..”

“yah.. and so I ended up getting shot!”

“whatever.. you are looking at Heechul’s daughter.. I’m not as vulnerable as you think I am!”

Kangin gave her a knowing look.

“no.. I am looking at my girlfriend”

Leeteuk blushed as Kangin softly kissed her.