Imagine...

We'll Be Infinite.

You rushed along the street with four coffees in a cardboard holder. 

Glancing at your watch, you freaked out a little. 

You had four minutes to get in to your work and up the elevator. 

 
Rushing in the door you waved at Gerard, the security guard. 
 
Tapping your feet in the elevator it finally dinged on your floor.
Rushing out you ran to the PD's office. 
 
Working as an intern at a korean entertainment company is not an easy job in the least. 
 
Choi Songsaengnim was on the phone and waved for you to sit down. 
She was furiously chattering in to the phone and when she finally did hang up, she threw it across the room on to the carpet. 
 
"Aishhhh, ok, bring my coffee please.” 
 
You brought it to her.
 
"Songsaengnim, what's wrong?” 
 
She sighed and said "One of our groups's members is having a solo for their new album, 
but the girl that he was going to sing with just got caught in a scandal, 
and we can't risk the bad publicity.” 
 
Nodding sympathetically, you took the paperwork from her table and bright it to your little desk in the corner. 
Organising all the papers in to different folders you noticed Choi Songsaengnim was leaning back on her chair. 
 
"Kwanjangnim, should I start looking for eligible female singers?” 
 
She sat up "aniyo, the recording was scheduled tomorrow. We won't be able to find someone good enough. I guess we'll have to cancel. Can you please put Infinite's manager on line one?” 
 
"Nae Kwanjangnim.” 
 
It broke your heart that Infinite, one of your favourite bands, was going to have to revise their schedule again. 
They had already done so much.
 
"WAIT. Don't.. Come here.” 
 
You hung up and walked to the desk. 
 
Choi Songsaengnim was looking at you through squinted eyes. 
"Before you came to work here didn't you sing?” 
 
You pulled a face "ahhhh, well. I would sing at home and in school, and I entered one contest once.” 
"Did you win?” 
"Uhm. Yesss?” 
 
A wicked smile spread of her face. 
 
"Ok. Can you please forward the manager again? Kamsahamnida.” 
 
You went back to organising paper. 
On the other side of the room, Kwanjangnim watched you, 
 
"Yah. I have a singer for you. 
She's a rookie, but you can work with her.” 
 
Hanging up the phone she smiled at you.
 
"Better get your coat. You're about to go on a little trip."

———
 

Sitting in the car with Infinite's manager, your eyes were as big as dinner plates. 
 
You had seen the Manager before, but never under these circumstances. 
You sat quietly while he talked on the phone. 
 
"Nae, nae, Kwanjangnim. She's heading to the studio now. Naaae. Nae.. Kamsahamnida. “ 
 
Hanging up he looked at you. 
 
"So. First we have to go to the picture studio so you can take pictures with DongWoo for promotion. 
And then we'll go to the recording studio and we'll show you the song and music, and you'll have, ah, 18 hours to learn it, because we have to have it ready for production tomorrow. 
The CD is released on Monday which means everything has to be ready.” 
 
Your head spun and your breakfast started to make its way back up. 
Not only were you about to work, and DEBUT, but you were going to do it with DONGWOO.

The car rolled up to a big white building. 
You stared out the window as the door slid open. 
 
You walked in to the huge room, where seven angels were on a set in perfect clothes and makeup. 
 
A stylist took you by the arm and brought your to a changing room, where you were out in to a long wedding dress, with lots of sparkling pearls and jewelry. 
Another woman came in to do your makeup. 
When they finished and you saw yourself in the mirror, your jaw dropped. 
The women smiled, and one leaned over and said "neomu yeppeonidah" and winked as they led you out. 
 
The boys were in a corner drinking tea. 
The director saw you and called you over. 
 
"Ok first we'll just take some shots with you on your own, and then with the other boys, and then just DongWoo.” 
 
You heart was pounding in your chest as you walked over to the set. 
The boys had noticed you by then and were whispering among themselves. 
Lee SungYeol with his loud voice could be heard among the others 
 
"Maybe she's an angel?” 
 
You started snickering and he blushed as he noticed he'd been heard. 
 
They all sat obediently as their makeup was touched while the pictures of you were taken.
 
 
After a while it was time for shots with the boys. 
You sat on a chair and the boys crowded around you, and it was like being surrounded by gods messengers themselves. 
 
Finally it was time for Jang DongWoo and you to have your solo shots. 
You sat in chairs next to each other and the creative producer posed you this way and that, holding hands, back to back, in his lap even! 
(The boys whistled at this part, causing you to turn crimson red) 
Not too many words were passed through all the chaos, people pulling them this way and that, but they all had a short time to briefly get to know each other. 
Once they made it to the studio, DongWoo, the manager, and you jumped out.

After hearing the prototype song at least a dozen songs, and reading over the lyrics at least a dozen more, you finally felt partially ready. 
The song was about a woman and her fiancé, and on the day of their wedding, the woman dies of a heart attack while waiting to come down the aisle, leaving the groom standing there alone, for the rest of his life, until he finally dies of heartbreak and joins her. 
 
The song is sung from the perspective of the couples, and it was so sad and DongWoo sang with such feeling that you could feel the tears and lump in your throat. 
DongWoo sang all the verses but one, which you sang, and you sang the chorus together. 
As you sat in the booth waiting for him to finish the verses, you tried to memorise the lyrics. 
 
Finally, the manager tapped your shoulder "Miss, it's your turn”. 
Shaking, you stood up and walked in. 
DongWoo smiled that infectious smile and gave you a thumbs up "fighting!”  
You sat down and put the earphones on. 
You were singing the last verse before the final chorus, and then the song would end. 
The music started and the man on the other side of the glass gave you your cue. Taking a deep breathe, you sang.

"I'm sorry on this day that you're alone, 
my hand leaving your hand coldly in the dark,
I'm sorry that I couldn't say goodbye, 
though I promised I never would anyway, 
I would ask you to move on but my selfish heart says no, 
even in this form I want you to stay by my side forever, 
I know it's a lot to ask, 
but will you please be mine forever, 
even though I'm gone, 
my love for you is infinite.”
 
The song title was Infinite, just like the band name, and it matched the song perfectly. 
Everyone clapped as your verse ended, and DongWoo stood up beaming, as he turned to the manager and said "waah you really got a good one here!” 
He entered the booth and pat your back 
 
“You're really really good! I could see it all in my head and I wanted to cry!” 
 
You smiled shyly. 
The PD yelled out 
 
"ok! Now we just have to record the chorus! Please take your seats.”
 
 Again the music started playing, and DongWoo grabbed your hand and looked in to your eyes as you both sang 
 
"It's been a long journey, 
one that we had to take separately,
but it's finally over now, 
I'm here beside you, 
please don't let me go again, 
may angels bind our hands together, 
so we'll never slip apart, 
and as we leave this world and enter in to another, 
I'm happy that we're leaving together. 
My love for you will never fade, 
my love for you is infinite, 
please say we'll be infinite”
 
--------

It had been four months since that one day. 
The song had been released, and you got signed as a trainee for the company you already worked in. 
But there was just one small thing that you wished. 
 
To be able to see Jang DongWoo again. 
 
You hadn't seen him since the day you had recorded. 
Walking in to the training room, your cell phone went off. 
 
"Yoboseyo?” 
 
It was Choi Songsaengnim. 
She told you how Infinite was going to have a concert, and they wanted to perform your song on stage. 
She told you the rest of the details and you thanked her and hung up. 
Screaming through the room you yelled "YES!!"

 
———
 
My love for you is infinite, please say we'll be infinite” 
 
and the lights shone down on just the two of you.
DongWoo looked in to your eyes and smiled. 
Leaning forward he lightly kissed your lips and your hands clasped together. 
The crowd erupted in applause and screaming. 
DongWoo hugged you and whispered in your ear 
 
"Please say we'll be infinite.” 
 
You smiled and said back 
 
"We'll be infinite."