Girl, I'll Be Thinking About You Worldwide.

Worldwide

WORLDWIDE.

 

They barely had time for each other.

 

After all, they were both idols.

Their groups were both extremely popular. A lot of people knew their names. Be it in Asia, Europe or the United States, everyone knew who they were. That’s just how popular they’ve become.

 

They were that famous…worldwide.

 

He’s the leader of the contemporary boy band, SHINee.

She’s one the lead vocalists in Korea’s top girl group, Girls’ Generation.

 

It’s expected that they would be a bit busier than everyone else.

 

SHINee’s schedule is really packed.

They’re almost done promoting their new song, “Hello” and the group has been appearing on television a lot. You can see them on variety programs and hear them go all out on radio shows. They’ve been shooting commercials with other groups, appearing on magazines and the like. They travel a lot too.

 

The leader, however, was busier than the rest. On top of all the group’s activities, he has his own individual schedule. He and Minho are now the new MCs for MBC Music Core. He just finished all his musicals and now he appears on different television shows. His ‘Ddakbam’ even got him more attention from the public. He receives frequent invitations to appear on different variety shows, aining him more opportunities to showcase his talents. On top of that, he’s one of the MCs in a late night show entitled ‘Night Star.’

 

Jessica’s schedule is really packed as well.

SNSD just released their new mini-album, “Hoot” a few weeks ago. Everyone, especially the SONEs, have been highly anticipating their Korean comeback. SM Entertainment has been targeting the Japanese Market lately. SNSD was promoting there a lot, as a result. They’ve been travelling back and forth from Japan to Korea. So, she couldn’t join him in certain activities. Jessica couldn’t film variety shows with him. “It’s always Luna or Seungyeon,” she would think.

She couldn’t be with him all the time. She missed him so much.

 

[JESSICA JUNG SOOYEON]

 

But she was too far away.

 

She was worried.

 

And everyone was worried for her as well. Sooyoung joked around her all the time with Sunny.

Jessica smiled. She didn’t think any of it was funny, especially when Sooyoung slipped and accidentally said “Sica-yah! Your boyfriend is with Sunyoung again.”

 

And sometimes she would think to herself, “What if he did look at other girls?”

Then, she would sigh.

“He’s like prince charming…with millions of fangirls from different countries…local or international…idol or not.”

 

Even though she didn’t think he’d ever do that, she doubted sometimes.

 

“Jessi, maybe the stress and the pressure are getting to you. Onew is a great guy. He would never ever do that.” Tiffany reassured when Jessica told her about how she felt.

“But fany-“

“Come on, Sica. He calls you every night. When he can’t call, he sends you hundreds of text messages. What’s there to worry about?”

“Fany-ah, what if there’s something going on that I don’t know about? What if something happens to him and I’m not there? What if-“

“Sica… Trust him. Besides, if something happens, a SHINee member would call you for sure.” Tiffany laughed.

 

But she couldn’t calm down.

 

Then, one night at the dorm, Jessica sat on her bed, awake and staring at the Blackberry phone that was right in front of her.

It was Ten minutes past midnight, and she was wide awake.

 

“Sica…go to sleep…” Tiffany said in a sleepy voice as she turned around and put her pillow over her head.

Jessica frowned and shut her phone off. It seemed that he just kind of forgot to call her that night.

 

She got worried and scared. But at the same time, she was angry.

 

There were a lot of things a guy could be doing at midnight.

 

She lay awake that morning thinking about all the reasons that might have caused him to forget to call her.

But she wasn’t thinking hard enough.

 

And because she wasn’t that happy about what happened, she shut her phone off the whole day and ignored all his calls.

 

Jessica was on full ice princess mode.

She was cold to everyone and she would not listen or talk to any of the girls at the dorm.

Her phone remained off.

 

The girls were deeply troubled by her actions and Yuri decided to tell Minho so that he could tell Onew.

 

That day, Onew kept calling Yuri. Jessica didn’t suspect a thing. She was just in her room, reading a book and drinking hot chocolate. She kept the door shut and the windows closed.

 

And that night, she overheard the two of them talking.

 

She heard his voice over the phone and when she walked in on Yuri in the kitchen, she was genuinely shocked.

“Aigoo…” Yuri sighed. “Onew, worry more about yourself. And let’s stop this. She’ll definitely find out you’re talking to me a lot even if you hide it.” Yuri said. Jessica waited for Onew’s response and for Yuri to start talking again.

“Oh that.” Yuri laughed. “She is gonna be so shocked if you surprise her with that. Let me bet you that ice princess will melt and go down in tears.” Jessica’s eyes widened. She was really shocked.

 ‘Ice princess? ME? Surprise? Tears? What are you guys hiding? Me finding out?’ Jessica thought. Tears started falling from her eyes.

 

“Onew?” Jessica said loud enough for Yuri to hear. Yuri stopped smiling and turned around.

She saw the Ice Princess standing right before her, in tears.

 

“Sh*t!” She mouthed and bit her lip. “I’ll call you back.” She told Onew and immediately ended the call.

Jessica was still standing there with her fists balled together at the side, shaking. The Ice Princess didn’t know how to feel.

 

“Sica. It’s not what you’re think-“

“SHUT UP!” She shouted angrily. Jessica’s loud outburst caused all the other seven members to wake up. A few moments later, all nine of the girls were assembled in the kitchen.

“SHUT UP, OKAY?” She laughed sarcastically. “FINE. BE WITH THAT JERK. YOU’RE THE GREATEST FRIEND EVER.” She looked around and scanned the room with her ice princess stare.

“AND I BET ALL OF YOU ARE IN ON THIS!” She said, pointing a finger at each of the girls.

“JESSICA JUNG!” Taeyeon stepped up, but Jessica ignored her.

“LOOK, I DON’T CARE ANYMORE, OKAY? IT’S FINE. ALL OF YOU BE WITH HIM. HE’S DATING ALL 8 OF YOU RIGHT? AND LUNA, RIGHT? THAT LUNA, SHE’S ALWAYS WITH HIM. IT’S ALWAYS HER HER HER. WELL, GUESS WHAT? I DON’T- I DON’T CARE! THANKS OKAY! BE WITH THAT CASSANOVA JERK.”

Jessica shrieked and ran out of their dorm to a nearby park, crying.

 

All the eight girls sighed.

 

“Alright girls, meeting time.” Taeyeon announced and lead the girls to the living room where they all took their usual spots. Taeyeon presided the meeting and stood in the center of the room where everyone could hear and see her. Indeed her nickname was ‘kid-leader’ because of her adorable silliness. But she was still the leader, and there’s sort of a crisis going on.

 

“Wow, it’s the first time I’ve seen unni like that.” Yoona commented.

“I know…She needs a break. I mean, did you hear what she said? She thinks we’re all dating her boyfriend.” Hyoyeon replied with a sad look on her face.

“Maybe she’s PMS-ing?” Sooyoung jests.

Yoona laughs at the joke and everyone glares at Sooyoung and her.

 

“Yul,” Taeyeon turned to the Black Pearl. “Why were you talking with Onew on the phone anyway?”

Yuri sighed and explained, “Onew kept calling me `cause I slipped and told Minho what was happening to Jessi. Well…I guess he told his hyung…”

“Yeah, but what were you guys talking about?”

“Well, Onew kept asking me how she was. He asked me what he should do and how he should fix this…And well, he was planning to surprise her.”

“Yeah, I heard that part.” Sooyoung said.

“What?”

“I was stuck to the wall the whole time. I was gonna get more potato chips but I saw Jessica blocking the entrance of the kitchen. So, I went all ninja.” She laughed.

“Don’t you mean Secret Agent?” Hyoyeon joked.

“Oh yeah!” She giggled. “But ninja works too.”

“Oh.” The girls chorused.

“What surprise, Yul?” Sunny asked.

“They’re back.”

“Who is?”

“SHINee. They’re back in Korea.”

“Are you kidding me? They’re flying back on Wednesday next week.”

“No, that’s the surprise.” She giggled.

“Oh,”

“Well, I guess it’s not your fault…She was overreacting.” Taeyeon said and made a thinking gesture. “What should we do? Any suggestions?”

“Should we go find her?” The maknae spoke up.

Taeyeon shook her head. “Let’s have her calm down first.” She turned to Tiffany. “Fany?”

“What?”

“You’re her best friend. Give me some ideas~” Taeyeon laughed.

Tiffany stared at the rug for a while, and then her face lit up. “I have a great idea.”

The girls quickly turned their attention to her.

“And the success rate of your plan is?” Sunny asked.

“Don’t worry. This mission has a 100% success rate. It’s the best way to melt the Ice Princess.”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon. The kid leader smirked, as if she already knew Tiffany’s plans. It was as if the two of them were talking with their eyes.

Then, Taeyeon spoke up. “Let’s hear it, then.”

 

[ONEW LEE JINKI]

 

Onew yawned as he stepped into SHINee’s van with their manager. He took a seat at the back near the window and admired the view of Seoul from the outside as they drove away.

 

He then looked at s who seemed to be in a better mood than he was. Jonghyun and Key were laughing by themselves in front of him. Taemin was asleep on Minho’s shoulder. Minho was on his phone again playing another game he downloaded recently.

 

Onew looked back out the window. It’s been hard for him these past few days.

 

He had to work long hours filming whatever variety show and go to different places and events.

 

All those places he went to, he didn’t enjoy any of them as much.

 

Well, it’s not like he doesn’t like travelling. He loves that. There are so many new things to witness, so many new things to see, so many different people to meet and interact with.

 

Why didn’t he enjoy those places as much?

 

The reason was simple, because she wasn’t in any of those places.

 

These days he’s been travelling a lot, jumping from place to place and whatnot. In fact, he’s been making a list of places they’ve been to already.

 

There was Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, The Philippines, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, Japan…the list went on forever.

 

‘Japan…’ he thought. Why can’t they be promoting there, right? She was there, anyway. Jessica was there.

“Aigo, hyung. Don’t be so lonely.” Key said from the front. He was looking back at the leader who was alone in the back seat.

“Yeah, hyung” Jonghyun said and did the same. “We’ll be back in Seoul soon~”

Onew laughed at s.

“What are you guys talking about? I’m great right now. We should all be happy since we successfully completed another task, right?” He smiled.

“Hyung, come on. We can all see it. Even Taemin who’s sleeping over here.” Jonghyun said.

“God, hyung. Relax for a bit. Sica-noona won’t like it when she sees you frowning and sighing and looking out the window a lot.” Key commented. “Right Minho?”

“Totally.” Minho agreed, not looking up from his iPhone.

 

‘Smile.’

 

He remembered her voice.  It’s been weeks since she last talked to him in person.

 

-Flashback from a few weeks ago-

 

“Hey, what’s with that face Lee Jinki?” Jessica asked, noticing that Onew wasn’t all that happy today.

“Nothing.” He sighed. The two of them were seated on a park bench across the SM building. It was lunch time. Jessica sat there with her legs crossed. Her head was resting on Onew’s shoulder and their hands were linked together.

“Really, huh? Onew, come on. Tell me what’s wrong.” She let go of his hand and looked him in the eye.

“Nothing!” He tried to convince her that he was absolutely positively fine by throwing his shining smile at her. She didn’t seem convinced.

“Is it Japan?” She laughed. He nodded slowly. “Come on. It’s not like we’ll never see each other again.” Jessica giggled and placed her two index fingers at the corners of his mouth, lifting them up gently.

 

“Smile.”

 

­­-End of Flashback-

 

Onew sighed and looked out the window, repeating the words she said to himself one more time.

 

“Smile.”

 

He forced the corners of his mouth up with his fingers, but when he let go, they just went down again.

 

“Aigo, hyung is at it again.” Key whispered to Jonghyun.

“Yeah. The sighing and the whispering. Oh my gosh, let’s call noona.” He replied.

“They’ll be back in two weeks, anyway.”

“Yeah, but that’s the time we’re leaving.”

 

Onew heard every word they said and sighed once more.

 

He tried to smile.

He wanted to smile.

But he just couldn’t do it.

 

He couldn’t do it without her.

 



 

 

That night, like every night, he called her up. He couldn’t wait to hear her voice. It’s the sound of her voice he would never grow tired of. He calls her every night, listens to her songs on his iPod everyday, and even watches her on television. There was definitely something about her voice.

It was sweet and endearing to him. He felt like a goddess was speaking to him whenever she talked.

It calms him down, that sound.

 

“Hello?” Jessica answered the phone and Onew’s heart almost stopped beating.

“Sica!!!!!!!!” Onew screamed into the receiver like a child.

He could hear her laughing from the other line. He thought it was cute.

“I’m so happy you called!” She laughed. “Not like you don’t everyday.”

Onew frowned. “Why? You don’t want me to call at night? Are you busy? I’m so sorry!” He replied quickly. She laughed at his adorableness. It was only her fourth night in Japan.

“No, silly. I love hearing your voice. I’m not busy, either.”

Onew sighed in relief. “Ohhh. Well, I’m going to sleep already and I just wanted to say goodnight.”

Jessica giggled. “Goodnight, Onew. I love you.” She said and made a kissing sound through the phone.

Onew felt his cheeks burning up.

Jonghyun, who just entered the room, smiled as he sat down on the bed beside Onew.

Onew felt uncomfortable with Jonghyun around while he was talking to Jessica, but focused his attention on the phone conversation.

“Goodnight Sica, I love you too!” He laughed.

“I miss you, Onew. Goodnight.” She said and ended the call.

 

Onew jumped up from his bed. “YES!” He exclaimed.

 

Jonghyun looked at him weirdly and laughed. “Hyung, you and noona have been dating for so long, and you still turn red when you talk to her on the phone?”

“What’s wrong with that?” Onew cocked his brow.

“You call her every night?” Jonghyun chuckled.

“Yah! Mind your own girlfriend!” Onew said jokingly.

“Whatever, hyung.” Jonghyun laughed. “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight indeed, Jonghyun.”

 

-Weeks later (in Tokyo)-

 

Onew wasn’t really in the mood for anything today. Everything he’s been doing has been tiring him out a lot, although he won’t admit it.

 

“Hyung~” Taemin cheerfully skipped to his side as he was headed towards their van.

“Taemin.” He gave the maknae a small smile.

Taemin pouted at his leader’s lack of enthusiasm. “Are you okay, hyung?”

The older boy nodded and smiled once again. His head was hurting a little, but he tried his best to push away the feeling. Taemin laughed. He knew his hyung was lying to him.

“Hyung, there’s no point trying to hide everything with a smile. I’ve known you too long not to notice.”

“Really, now?”

“Mm.” He nodded. “You know, hyung, you can tell me. We’re family. SHINee is a family, right?“

“Of course we are, Taeminnie.” Onew laughed. “I’m…I’m just a little tired. A-and…”

A little tried? That was an understatement.

“And?”

“I miss her.” Onew said. “…so much.” He breathed out.

Taemin frowned. He felt sorry for his hyung. “We’re going back to Seoul in five days, hyung. It’s okay~ You’ll see her! And then kiss and then have dates and whatever you do.”

“Lee Taemin, you’ll understand me when you get to this part of your life.” He pretends to laugh, trying his hardest to disregard the throbbing pain.

“Maybe I will, hyung.”

“Taemin, wait up!” someone called out to the maknae, causing him to turn around.

“Minho-hyung! Hiii!!!!” He smiles.

The rapper smiles back. “Hi Onew Hyu-“ Then, he gasps and begins running towards the maknae and the leader. Taemin looks at him, puzzled and turns around.

“Hyung?!” He says with a surprised look on his face. Their precious leader has out.

“Taemin, call manager-hyung. I’ll carry hyung into the car.”

“Ne.” He says and rushes back into the building.

 



 

 

Onew’s eyes flutter open hours later. He finds Minho, Taemin and Jonghyun sleeping on the couch next to his bed. Key was seated on the chair beside him, wide awake.

“You’re awake, hyung!” He exclaims.

“Where are we?”

“The hospital, of course.” Key says. “You were out for a while.”

“What’s wrong with me?”

“The doctor says you’re exhausted, according to manager-hyung.”

“What time is it?”

“7AM. We’re flying back in two hours. All of our things are packed.”

“Flying back?”

“To Korea, hyung.” Key laughs. “You must’ve hit your head hard.”

“What time is it again?”

“7AM.”
“Oh…7…7AM?! Kibum, where’s my phone?!”

“Uh, I don’t know?”

“WHAT?!” He screams and searches the room. He looks at the side table, the pockets of his jeans, his bag. He couldn’t find it.

“Oh wait.” Key said and took a jacket out of the bag he was holding. He put his hands in the pockets and pulled out a Blackberry Storm.

“Here.” He said and handed it to his hyung.

 

No missed calls.

No text messages.

 

‘Weird,’ he thought. So he went to the address book, scrolling down until he found her name.

‘Jessica <333333’

 

He dialed her number and the only response he got was the annoying voice of a robot lady saying, ‘Sorry. The number you dialed is not yet in service.’

 

He attempted to call her a few more times. It was still the annoying robot lady who answered.

‘What if she’s mad? Oh my god. What if she got kidnapped?’ he thought. There are so many things that could possibly happen.

 

“Hyung, maybe she’s still asleep.” Key said, drowning all his thoughts of worry down the drain.

“Yeah…Maybe.”

 



 

 

They got off the plane one by one. No crazy fans and huge, blinding camera flashes were there to  ‘welcome’ them this time. No one knew they were back in Seoul, yet. They were supposed to come back in five days, but due to changes in the weather in Tokyo, SM decided to reschedule their performances.

 

Onew was worried and relieved at the same time. He was happy that they were back in Seoul, and was planning to surprise Jessica with their early return. He was worried that she might’ve been mad for him not calling last night, not that it was his fault.

 

-In the car, on the way home…-

“Yeoboseyo?” Minho said. He was talking on the phone with someone.

“What?! Really?” He said and caught the other members’ attention.

“What is it?” They asked.

“Wait.” He mouthed and stuck his right hand out.

“Who’s that?” Key asked.

“Yul.” He mouthed again.

“Seriously? What happened to her?” Minho said to Yuri.

“Who’s her?” Onew ask, primarily worried that ‘her’ might be referring to Jessica.

“Wait!” Minho was whispering this time. He didn’t like it when someone interrupted him while he was on the phone.

“Should I tell them? I mean, my nosy teammates.” He said and glanced at the SHINee members. “Oh, okay. Maybe they can help. Especially…Yeah. Haha. Later? Okay bye!”

“SPILL MINHO!” Jonghyun said and took him by the shoulders.

“Yuri said Jessica-noona locked herself in her room. She turned her phone off and she’s on full ice princess mode and no one knows why.”

“WHAT?!” Onew said and grabbed Minho’s phone from his hand. “Gimme that.”

 

He dialed Yuri’s number and talked to her about Jessica. They chatted every other hour, with Yuri updating Onew on what his girlfriend was doing. He still tried to call Jessica’s phone, though, hoping she might’ve turned it on for even just five seconds.

 

He tried to call her even after dinner. It was 7PM and she still wasn’t picking up so he called Yuri.

“Aigoo…” Yuri said. “Worry more about yourself. And let’s stop this. She’ll definitely find out you’re talking to me a lot even if you hide it.”

“I’m fine now, Yuri. Why won’t she pick up?! And the surprise…I hope I can do it tonight…as soon as possible.”

“Oh that.” Yuri laughed. “She is gonna be so shocked if you surprise her with that. Let me bet you that ice princess will melt and go down in tears.”

“Yeah I know. I even bought her some stuff from Tokyo even though you guys were-“

“Sh…I’ll call you back.” She hung up suddenly. Onew was astonished. So, now no one wants to talk to him. He still tried to call Jessica’s phone. She didn’t answer.

 

Minutes later…

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Come here, SNSD is on loud speaker and they want to talk to you.” The other members called him to the living room and he came running in.

“Hello?” He said to the phone.

“Annyeong haseyo! So nyuh shi dae-imnida!” They chorused and laughed.

“Annyeong haseyo! Bitnaneun SHINee-imnida!” SHINee said back.

“Can I talk to your leader?” Taeyeon said. “Fany has a plan and she wants me to relay it to you.”

“Talk.”

“Get a jacket, and run to the park in front- the one connecting our dorms. Talk to the crying girl and make her fall in love with you again.” Taeyeon laughed.

“What? What girl? Is this a hidden camera?”

 

He didn’t seem to understand.

 

“Just go! Bye!” Taeyeon said and hung up.

 

s seemed to understand it perfectly.

“Hyung! You heard what noona said! Go go go!” Key rushed him out the door.

“Here, a jacket.” Jonghyun handed him a jacket and he put it on.

“Go hyung!”

“Hwaiting!”

 

Onew made smoke with his mouth as he walked in the street. He had enough problems, and they’re asking him to deal with a crying girl in the park? Is this some kind of hidden camera? What if it’s a horrifying one where the girl is crying blood?

 

He approached the park and found the crying girl seated on the bench alone. There was one lamp lighting up the area, and it was dead cold.

 

He could hear her sobbing, telling herself how much of a fool she was to have fallen for some guy.

 

And he recognized her sweet voice.

 

It was the voice that sent him to sleep every night.

 

“Jessica?” He said as he approached the bench.

“Who’s there? Leave me alone!” She screamed in a shrill voice. He didn’t do as she said. Instead he came closer and closer. He recognized that hair color, and the necklace that she wore.

Her bangs were covering her face, but he knew it was her.

“Sica, I’m sorry!” He said and ran to her side. He pulled her into a hug, and she tried to pull away, hitting and smacking his back with her delicate hands. His hands were wrapped around hers, and her head was on his shoulder.

“Get away from me!” She said. “Get away…I don’t need you!” She pulled away and looked at him with teary eyes.

“I’m sorry…” He kept apologizing even though he didn’t know what he did.

She hit him even harder. “How could you do that? Talk to another girl behind my back and not call me the night before…I hate you!”

“Sica…I was talking to Yul because she said that you weren’t okay! I’m sorry…I… out that night and…”
“But I missed you!” She wailed into his ear and let go of him. “I missed you…” she whispered.

 

“I missed you too…” He said and bent over. Their faces were apart by a mere centimeter. He could almost feel her breathing and her wet tears rubbing off on his face. He closed his eyes. His lips met hers, and he began to kiss her ardently. He slid his tongue into and slowly started moving it around inside. She didn’t resist, but was hesitant to return the kiss as well. He pulled back, gasping for air.

 It was her turn. She caressed his face and pulled him back into the kiss. He tasted her strawberry lip gloss as she devoured his lips and they both fall down on top of each other on the bench.

Jessica pulled back. “I’m, S-sorry…” She said as she gasped for air.

He smiled. “You know I won’t think about anyone besides you…” He said as he began necking her on the bench. She gestured for him to stop.

“It’s just that…there are a lot of people…better-“

“Shhhh…” He put his index finger on her lip and her eyes widened in shock.

“B-but, what about-“

 “Shh… I gave you my heart from the beginning, right? It means you’ll always have it. You’ll always have it wherever you are.”

“Stop lying, Lee Jinki.” She said and he brought his face closer to hers, looking her intensely in the eye.

“Yes, I may meet a million pretty girls that know my name. But don’t you worry, `cause you have my heart.” He sang and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. “I’ve been thinking about you this whole time…when I was away from you…I wanted to see you so much.”

She smiled. “Really?”

“Really.” He laughed and wiped away the tears on her cheeks.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

Girl, I’ll be thinking about you worldwide.

 


WORLDWIDE - Big Time Rush. 

Look up the lyrics if you want. It's a great song. :) And I immediately thought of Onew when I first heard it (which was like, months ago.)

I was supposed to make it a short story with three chapters...but....ahaha? XD IDK. lol.

Anyway, Onsica! Yey! :D ♥

Hope you liked it. I just wanted to post it before we go out (again....not that I don't like it. lol.)

Have a nice day~ Annyeong~

--author.