Moonlight — Part I

Ghetto Love

Written in the perspective of Kwon Ji Yong ((G-Dragon))

 

'Umma, Appa!' I stood in the doorway with those two brats right behind me.

 

'Please take care of yourselves!' I yelled in the direction of the black Maserati that was already being engulfed by the darkness enveloping this moonlit night.

 

That was when I had decided...

 

I hate full moons.

 

GD

 

'Hyung...' a throaty voice disrupted my thoughts.

 

I spun around, drawing all the strength in myself to not snap at either of them.

This night has been depressing enough as it already is.

 

'Go back to sleep…' I uttered, just loud enough for them both to hear me.

 

'But, hyung!' the younger of the two retorted. 'We…'

 

'There will be no buts' I cut him off, making my stand clear.

 

With that, they finally conceded defeat and complied.

I watched their retreating forms till they were completely out of sight, embraced by the darkness.

 

GD

 

Alone.

It's what I am and will be… Always.

 

"Take care of your dongsaeng." Those were the only words they had for me, as my parents.

After which, they just upped and left, as if I never did matter to them. Maybe, I never did.

 

Even when I was only a child, I lived without much of their supervision, growing up in a remote countryside.

"It's for your own good." They had said.

 

"You'll grow up into a fine young man and understand someday." They also said.

 

I didn't stumble into this trade.

I was born in it.

 

GD

 

I am now standing in the middle of the hallway.

Too overwhelmed by the fragments of my childhood memories, I hadn't realized my feet had already brought me in here.

 

I watched as the pendulum swung to and fro.

In the dead of the night, I can clearly hear the vibrations as the metal gears grinded against each other.

The antique grandfather clock chimed, transitioning into the next hour, shattering the silence.

 

Just as I was climbing into my bed, the clock continued to chime.

 

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

 

The pendulum stops swinging abruptly.

The vibration of the gears came to a stop as well.

The clock's hands ceased movement too.

 

And the silence crept in.

Just like a scenery out of those late night films and dramas I have seen, nothing but a bad omen.

 

GD

 

'Young master!' yelled the butler, piercing through the silence of which I, for once, am grateful.

He came scurrying up the steps, into my room.

 

'Master…' he muttered and clutched my cold hands in his much warmer ones.

A motion that he does whenever he had to present me with bad news.


Onward to Chapter 3