LUNCH.

One Day

LUNCH.

JiHyun's P.O.V

"That's all for today class." The teacher dismissed us.

"Ugh, how am I going to survive through this for the next few years?" I said as I threw my head down onto my desk.

"Hey, it's not that bad..." Hyunseong, who was sitting next to me, laughed as he got up and started packing his things away.

"Not that bad? Not that bad!? Maths is horrible! When am I ever going to need algebra, huh!?" I yelled in frustration, finally lifting my head off my desk.

"Arrasso, arrasso, I get it, now come on, let's go get some lunch." Hyunseong said, gently ruffling my hair like I was a child. Groaning in response, I dragged my body out of the chair, packed my things and headed off to lunch with him.

Surprisingly, Hyunseong and I had quite a few classes together. Seriously, I think all of them are apart from 2 actually. Oh well, at least I won't be lonely. Our first class was a 'get to know your partner' lesson and because we sat together, we just talked the whole time. It turns out we have quite a few things in common. He also likes the more simplistic things in life, like me, which is great because it's hard to find many people that do... not that I talk to many people anyway. I also told him about how I don't really talk to people because it makes me feel uncomfortable. He didn't even ask why, he just said it was okay, for that I was extremely grateful.

As we walked into the cafeteria Hyunseong suddenly spoke, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I have friends from my old school here, are you okay to sit with them?" I froze in spot. Meet more people, in one day? "It's okay, you don't have to if you don't feel comfortable with it..." He added, noticing my discomfort.

"A-ani... It's okay, I need to get over this... problem." I muttered the last word and looked down at the floor like it was the most interesting thing I'd ever seen. Hyunseong hesitated before nodding, that's when we heard shouts from across the room.

"Oh! There he is, you guys! Yah! Shim Hyunseong! Over here!" We both looked to the direction of the voice, a large smile forming on Hyunseongs face. Standing on a seat, waving frantically in our direction was a smiling bouncing boy who could probably pass for a 12 year old. He was so focused on waving to Hyunseong that he moved too close to the edge of the seat and fell, landing on some poor kid who was unfortunate enough to have been walking by.

The other guys on the the table burst into laughter as well as Hyunseong while I tried to hold back my own. The boy stood back up in a daze before smiling sheepishly, helping the kid up and apologising. Hyunseong motioned for me to follow him and walked over to the table, I trailed close behind.

As soon as we got close enough, the smiling boy attacked Hyunseong in a hug. "Hyung! I missed you throughout the summer!" He said like a toddler who missed his own Mother. This is when I realised that this boy, although the same age as me, is very innocent and childlike, it was actually really adorable.

"Mian Minwoo, I had to help Umma with the cafe." He said and ruffled Minwoo's hair. Minwoo nodded in understanding and Hyunseong proceeded to greet the other 2 guys at the table, who happened to be twins. As Hyunseong moved away, Minwoo became the first to notice me there.

"Oh, annyeong! Mianhae, I didn't notice you there." He said with that same smile and a small wave. I just bowed slightly and stood rooted in my spot.

"Ah, yeah, guys, this is JiHyun, we met this morning and I thought I'd introduce the rest of you to her." Hyunseong explained before gently ushering you forward you forward.

"A-annyeong, I'm JiHyun, nice to meet you." I said shyly and bowed again. I'm an outspoken girl when I want to be but meeting new people is a struggle for me, especially after what happened...

"You look terrified of us, are you okay?" The lighter haired twin asked with concern, bringing me out of my thoughts of that guy.

I shook my head before looking down at the floor again. The social anxiety was kicking in. I could feel my palms starting to sweat and my breathing increased. No. You're just going to annoy them...

"Ever since we met, I feel like I've had to look after you, you're a burden." He spat. Flinching at his words, tears started to form in the poor girls eyes. "You're annoying, and you look terrible, why do you think you have no friends!? I can't understand why I wasted over two years of my life spending time with you, I could've been out making friends instead of being stuck with you!" He shouted with venom.

The memories of his words came flooding back. You're a burden. Don't waste their lives too. My head was screaming these knife like words at me in the same tone he did back then.

I have to get out of here. I thought as I looked up. Hyunseong was shaking my shoulders and saying something, but my ears weren't registering anything as my vision started to blur.

You're annoying...

...why do you think you have no friends!?

... you're a burden.

The words kept repeating as I broke away from Hyunseong's grip and stumbled my way out of the cafeteria. I continued clumsily walking as I exited the schools main building, my feet taking me to who knows where, bumping into other students on the way. Soon, I found myself at the bench from this morning. I slumped down onto it and pulled my feet to my chest, my mind slowly returning. Tears started falling as I thought about how stupid I was for even thinking of trying to make friends, it was obviously not possible.

It was best for everyone if I stayed away - no one would have to suffer because of me.

______________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HYUNSEONG'S P.O.V IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, AS WELL AS OUR OTHER MAIN LEAD ;). I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS SO FAR, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT TO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, AND THANK YOU TO MY LOVELY SUBSCRIBERS AND/OR SILENT READERS FOR READING THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE ^__^.

- CHIBBLES-IMNIDA