Chapter 17

Please love me

 

 

 

The sound of dripping water from a towel being squeezed can be heard on a room. For the nth time, Jessica is going to place a wet towel on Donghae's forehead. She was sitting on a small chair beside a bed and was about to put the towel onto Donghae but her wrist was suddenly grabbed by the man who was lying on the bed.

 

"Stop... I'm fine now." Donghae gently removed his girlfriend's wrist onto his grasp and sat on the bed. He brushed his eyes as he faced Jessica. Noticing that tiredness is written on her face, he sighed.

 

"You're awake? Do you still have a headache?" Jessica asked worriedly as she tried to check if Donghae's fever has gone down.

 

"That's a relief..." She released a smile upon confirming that Donghae's fever isn't extreme as compared eariler.

 

"Continue your sleep again so that your fever will be completely gone." She gestured her boyfriend to lie down on the bed again as she tried to pull the blanket to him.

 

"Jessica. I'm fine, okay? You're the one who looks tired now." Donghae didn't obeyed Jessica as he remain seated on the bed. He sighed upon noticing the time on the wall clock. "It's already two in the morning. Go to sleep now. You must be tired." He got off the bed as he gestured Jessica to take a sleep.

 

"Oppa, you should be the one who's sleeping now. Your fever hasn't completely gone down." Jessica also stood up from being seated and faced Donghae.

 

"I said I'm fine... Look at you..." Donghae paused as he cupped Jessica's cheeks. "You look tired. Were you taking care of me for the whole time?" He sighed.

 

"Yeah.  Don't you remember how I carried you to the room? You're so heavy." Jessica teased.

 

"Making me feel guilty... Tch." Donghae smiled for he was thankful. "Thank you, for taking care of me." He removed his hands from cupping his girlfriend's cheeks and wrapped them on her waist, giving her a hug.

 

"That's why you should listen to me, got it? Sleep now! NOW!" Jessica playfully shot a glare and pouted at Donghae after pulling her head from the hug.

 

Donghae chuckled upon seeing the cuteness of his girlfriend. He nodded as he said, "Okay. In one condition."

 

Jessica raised her eyebrows, asking what it is.

 

"You should sleep too. Beside me..." Donghae playfull smirked and winked.

 

Pink. It was the color of Jessica's cheeks as she heard what Donghae said. She lowered her head as she tried to hide her pinky cheeks.

 

"Come on." Donghae took her hand and was about to lead Jessica on the bed but the latter removed her hands on her boyfriend's grasp.

 

"Y-yah..." Jessica bit her lower lip as she blushed more.

 

"What?"

 

"S-sleep? I-in one b-b-bed?..." She stuttered and suddenly felt shy. She blushed more as she recalled the kisses she received earlier. Those seductive kisses that were planted on her bare neck up to her jaw. Those kisses that turned her on. She gulped as those kisses lingered on her mind.

 

"Of course. My house only have one bed. And you don't want me to sleep on the couch, right?" Donghae replied like it was nothing. But inside him, he was actually nervous. He was trembling inside as he can't believe on what he suggested. Sleeping in one bed with Jessica? He smiled sheepishly and at the same time gulped on the thought.

 

"Y-yah... b-but... d-didn't Kwangsoo oppa stayed here?" Jessica was now playing with her fingers. She sighed in relief as she remembered that Kwangsoo also stayed on Donghae's house. Which means, there's an extra bed.

 

"Yeah. Why did you asked?" Donghae paused as he got what Jessica is saying. "Ahh... we slept together in one bed. So... there's no other bed in this house. And I won't allow you to sleep on the couch. Or else, I won't sleep." He explained.

 

Upon hearing her boyfriend's explanation, she sighed and was about to surrender.

 

"Choose..." Donghae said, making Jessica to face him. "It's either you and I will sleep together on this bed or you will sleep in this bed and I will sleep on the couch."

 

"Arrasseo. Let's sleep on the bed..." Jessica surrendered as she didn't want Donghae to sleep on the couch, considering that his fever hasn't completely gone down.

 

"You're going to agree anyway, why did you have to drag it..." Donghae tried to tease Jessica. In return, Jessica gave him a playful slap on his chest.

 

 

 

Awkward. It was awkward as they felt uncomfortable lying on the bed. They can't sleep. Sleep won't even visit them as they felt conscious of each other.

 

Jessica shifted to her left to avoid Donghae, who is on her right side. She closed her eyes, hoping that she will fall asleep, but to no avail. She found herself recalling the seductive kisses she received earlier.

 

'Pabo'. She mentally cursed herself. 'What am I thinking?' She frowned and tried to think of other things.

 

"Are you sleeping?..." Jessica's thoughts were interrupted upon hearing Donghae's voice.

 

She didn't showed any response because she thought that it will become more awkward.

 

"Jessica... I..." Donghae paused and sighed.

 

'Should I tell her now?' He asked himself. It was about his army draft notice.

 

"I'm... I'm..." Donghae can't seem to say the words. He was afraid. Afraid of what will be the reaction of his girlfriend.

 

'What is he talking about?' Jessica thought and continued to listen to Donghae. She still hasn't showed any movement or any response.

 

"Jessica... I'm..." Again, Donghae can't finish his statement. He sighed deeply, trying to encourage himself. His gaze was fixed on Jessica's back as he suddenly thought of living without Jessica. He gulped on his thought as he concluded that he will never let that happen.

 

'We are going to be forever.' He said to himself. He hoped. He prayed.

 

Noticing that Jessica didn't even say anything or budged from her position since he talked, he thought that she was already sleeping.

 

'Is she sleeping already?' He asked himself and scooted beside Jessica. He lifted his upper body and took a look at Jessica. He saw her face. Her angelic face.

 

Jessica somehow noticed the movements in the bed. She then felt that Donghae was staring at her. She felt that Donghae was giving her a lovely look with a smile. She assumed that he was drowning on her beauty.

 

'Why? Do I look pretty?' Jessica thought, still faking her sleep.

 

"You are pretty." Donghae mumbled, shocking Jessica.

 

'Can he now read my mind?' Jessica asked herself. She was happy though, that it seems like they were synced.

 

After a few moments, Jessica felt that Donghae removed his gaze on her face. Hearing the movements in the bed, she assumed that Donghae is now lying on the bed. Then, she felt a hand snaking around her waist. She gasped. Her eyes widened. Fortunately, Donghae was on the other side, completely oblivious that she is awake.

 

She gulped on what she felt next. She felt someone's breath on the back of her head. It was Donghae's breath, she assumed.

 

"Goodnight." She heard Donghae's voice as she felt a body being pressed on her back.

 

Donghae was giving her a back hug. He tightened his arm around Jessica's waist and gave her a kiss on the crown of her head. Making his girlfriend to blink for multiple times, trying to calm herself. She sighed in relief after she felt Donghae removing his hand around her waist.

 

Then, Jessica felt her hair around her neck being brushed, completely revealing her bare neck.

 

'Seolma? (No way). Is he---' Her thoughts were interrupted. Her thoughts were right. She gasped. She gulped.

 

Donghae planted a kiss on Jessica's bare neck. Once again, Jessica was . Once again, her mind were filled with sensation she felt earlier.

 

Fortunately, Donghae stopped after kissing her once. She thought that she won't be able to control it if her boyfriend will continue to kiss her.

 

"Haahh..." Donghae sighed as he pulled his head away from Jessica's neck and rested it on the pillow.

 

He chuckled on his actions and sighed, "ert..."

 

'Yes you are.' Jessica said to herself upon hearing Donghae.

 

"Yes I am..." Donghae mumbled, making Jessica surprised.

 

'We really are synced, huh?' Jessica thought.

 

"Sleep well..." Donghae said as he faced Jessica's back and gave her another back hug. He felt sleepy and comfortable after closing his eyes. Same with Donghae, Jessica also felt comfortable and was able to fall asleep because of the back hug that she was receiving from her boyfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

Morning came as Jessica was able to open one of her eyes. She took a glance on both of her side with her one eye closed, allowing her to notice Donghae on her right side, sitting on a chair beside her. Then, she closed her eye again upon feeling sleepy.

 

"Wake up, sleepyhead. Let's eat." She heard Donghae's voice beside her.

 

"Eunghmmmm..." She nodded lazily without opening her eyes and tapped the bed, searching for a pillow.

 

Donghae then realized what Jessica is doing. He reached for a pillow in the bed and gave it to her.

 

Jessica smiled with her eyes closed upon she felt a pillow being handed to her and hugged it tight like a little kid.

 

"Are you still sleepy?" Donghae asked as he returned to his seat.

 

She nodded in response, still with her eyes closed.

 

"Okay... sleep more." Donghae said softly and brushed Jessica's messy hair around her face.

 

"Geo-map-seub-ni-da~" Jessica said cutely as she buried her face on the pillow.

 

Seeing his girlfriend's aegyo, Donghae can only chuckle at the sight.

 

 

 

Few hours later, Jessica found herself being awake because of the smell. She sat on the bed and brushed her eyes. She opened her eyes slowly and saw Donghae standing beside the bed, holding a tray of food.

 

"Breakfast in bed?" Donghae said as he playfully moved his eyebrows.

 

"Woah~ Bacon and egg?" Jessica replied, amazed.

 

"Careful." Donghae carefully placed the tray on the bed.

 

"Bacon, egg, toasted bread, orange juice and most importantly, you." Jessica said as her stare travelled from the food to Donghae. "How can breakfast be this good? This is the best breakfast of my life." She giggled and smiled at her boyfriend.

 

Donghae smiled as he sat on the bed, "Oppa will feed you..." He reached the fork on the tray and fed Jessica a strip of bacon.

 

"Oppa, you know how to cook, huh?" Jessica praised Donghae as she continued to munch her food.

 

"Not really. This is just easy. I only fried them." Donghae replied and took bite on the bread.

 

"Still, your cooking is way better than mine." Jessica said and took a sip on the orange juice.

 

"Well, I guess living alone for almost your entire life helps." Donghae left out a short smile and took another bite on the bread.

 

Jessica suddenly stopped eating after hearing Donghae's statement. It made her sad, especially the 'living alone' part. She bit her lower lip, trying to find a way so that she can do something for her boyfriend. She felt bad because she thought that she is always the one who receives.

 

"Are you really that bad in cooking?" Donghae asked Jessica as he munch his food.

 

"Oppa..." Jessica stared at Donghae, making the latter curious on what she is about to say.

 

"Hmm?" Donghae playfully raised his eyebrows, asking what is it.

 

"Oppa, I promise that you are not going to be alone anymore. I will always be here for you. Whenever you feel lonely, sad, or anything... Just give me a call, anytime I will be there for you." Jessica was sincere. Her eyes tells it all.

 

A smile. It was well drawn on Donghae's face while listening to Jessica.

 

A kiss. A short yet lovely kiss. It was enough to assure both of them that they are thankful for each other's presence.

 

Donghae pulled away from the kiss and playfully brushed Jessica's hair. "I love you." He smiled.

 

"I love you too." Jessica smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

They found themselves resting their back on the headboard of the bed after eating. They were sitting beside each other while watching the television.

 

"Seobang--"

 

"What?" Donghae was surprised on what Jessica called him. In surprise he turned his head to face Jessica.

 

"I mean, Oppa..." Jessica bit her lower lip, mentally cursing herself.

 

"Not that. The one you said earlier." Donghae teased.

 

"I- uhh..." Jessica struggled to come up with an excuse.

 

"It sounds good. I like it. Call me like that starting today, okay?" Donghae teased as he playfully wiggled his eyebrows.

 

Jessica nodded shyly and tried to remember what she was about to say earlier.

 

"Oppa, I mean Seobang... aren't you going to cut your hair? Your fringe is already blocking your eyes, you know." Jessica said and brushed Donghae's fringe.

 

"Is that so?" Donghae said but suddenly sighed. "I'm going to cut it soon then..."

 

'Since I'm about to go in the army...' He continued his statement to himself and sighed.

 

"Good for you." Jessica smiled. "You're going to look way better if you get your hair trimmed." Jessica said as she faced the television.

 

"Yeah..." Donghae sighed and smiled bitterly.

 

Wanting to change his mood, he tried to talk about other things.

 

"You're really a good student, huh?" He said, making Jessica confused.

 

"The first semester will end after two weeks, which means that the final exams are just around the corner. Yet you aren't going to attend your class today?" He said and faced Jessica.

 

"Tss. Look who's talking." Jessica pouted.

 

"Yah, I'm the best student in my batch, you know. I got no worries at all." Donghae said and nodded proudly.

 

"Aish... Good for you, Mr. Best in class." Jessica sarcastically said and shot a glare at her boyfriend.

 

"You're so cute, you know." Donghae chuckled on Jessica's reaction.

 

"I'm just saying that you should study harder since exams are coming, okay?"

 

"I got it. I got it. You smelly nerd." Jessica stuck her tongue out and playfully covered her nose, indicating that Donghae smells bad.

 

"Yah. What do you mean smelly?"

 

"Take a bath will you?"

 

"I don't smell though. What are you talking about?" Donghae sniffed under his shirt to check but there was no indication that he was smelly.

 

"You do." Jessica denied.

 

"Cham. Okay, I'll take a bath, with you." Donghae smirked while daring Jessica.

 

"Y-yah!" Jessica blushed upon hearing what Donghae said. She even recalled those kisses that turned her on, making it more difficult for her to hide her pinky cheeks.

 

"Just take a bath! Now!" She stood up from the bed and pulled Donghae to the bathroom.

 

"Aish. You don't really want to lose into an argument, do you?" Donghae said with his head sticking out from the bathroom's door.

 

"Yah!" Jessica yelled and reached for a pillow on the bed and threw it to Donghae. Fortunately, Donghae was able to close the door before the pillow can hit him.

 

"Aish..." Jessica mumbled as she cupped her cheeks. Unknowingly, she walked towards a drawer located in the bedroom. She gulped before opening the drawer, thinking that Donghae's underwear are inside.

 

'I will just take a peek.' She blushed on her thoughts and opened the drawer.

 

"Yah~ You don't really want to take a shower with me?" Donghae said as he got out from the bathroom and turned his gaze on Jessica.

 

'.' He mentally cursed after he saw Jessica.

 

He saw his drawer opened.

 

Jessica was in front of the drawer.

 

Reading.

 

A letter.

 

It was his army draft notice.