Nanny?

In Your Service

 

Tiffany had had enough of Sehun. She couldn’t bear his annoying voice, annoying laugh, and annoying smirk. Yeah he always smirked to her and she hated it. She didn’t mind if Lu Han brought his kid to their lunch date, but when he appeared with Sehun every time they had a date, she couldn’t hold it any longer.
 
It was supposed to be their lone time – their bonding time. Lu Han should’ve known that he was a busy man; he always met his son at home, but her? She had to wait for weekends (still, she had to share Lu Han with his son) or holidays that he hardly got. She wanted to walk with him, spend his money, go to exotic islands to release their stress. His stress.
 
She was lucky enough to gain his trust in such a short time. She thought it would be more convenient if Lu Han hired a nanny for his son. He didn’t have to worry; she was sure his son would be in the right hand. Although her first motive was to get rid of Sehun, Lu Han would think she had done him a favor!
 
Oh, the smell of victory, she thought. I’ll only give him the nanny’s number and voilà! He'll be mine.
 
 
Lu Han was sitting in Coffee Sedona – his favorite coffee shop – while listening to Tiffany’s plan. He couldn’t deny he needed a nanny right now; his son couldn’t be at his office until late evening. Sehun was seven. He already went to school and had to do his homework which he couldn’t do if Lu Han kept bringing him to his office. 
 
The plan that Tiffany told him was really tempting. She knew the nanny from her best friend and from what she heard, the nanny was experienced in naughty kids like Sehun, she said. He didn’t agree with her though, but he let it slide. His son was hyperactive; people always misinterpret his activeness with being naughty. 
 
Sehun inherited his father’s hyperactive ness and his mother’s feature. He was an introvert, yet he couldn’t just sit and wait and prefered to ran around the room. Lu Han felt curious if there’s a nanny that could handle his son. He had hired so many nanny since he was four, but no one could really handle this kid and resigned after days of working.
 
“Do you think I should call her?” Lu Han asked after staring at the number for five minutes.
 
“Yeah, I think you should,” Tiffany smiled, hoping she could persuade him.
 
He asked, “Song Qian is her name? She’s a Chinese then?”
 
Tiffany nodded vigorously with her chin propped on her hand.  She was lucky to found a chinese nanny to complete her plan. She saw Lu Han pulled his phone from his pants pocket and dialed the nanny’s number. He talked in korean at first, then changed to chinese after three minutes of talking. She turned her head to Sehun and snickered when she saw him frowning across from her.
 
The young boy stayed silent and much to his dismay, he let her win this time. Whoever his nanny would be, Sehun would make her days miserable; just like the other nanny his father had hired. It was as easy as flipping coin. He had done this so many times and he got bored after doing the same thing over and over again.
 
Lu Han beamed. “It’s Saturday then. At Coffee Sedona?” He cracked a smile, “Alright then. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
 
“How is it?” Tiffany asked once he hung up.
 
“I think she’s nice. Thank you for giving me her number,” he leaned forward and gave her a peck. Sehun frowned. “I don’t need a nanny. I have Jessica noona to take care of me.”
 
“Jessica noona is busy, Sehun.” Lu Han explained. “She can’t be your nanny.”
 
 
Jessica is Lu Han’s secretary. She often asked to be child keeper at their office because she was gentle and good with kids. She just turned 25 last month; she already had a husband and one beautiful daughter at home. Nevertheless, she’s still the most beautiful girl in their office. It’s not surprising to hear people gossiping about her and Lu Han, but they didn’t mind it.
 
After all, Jessica knew that Lu Han already had Tiffany whom he adored so much. Even though she wasn’t likeable, Jessica still dazzled a smile whenever she came to meet Lu Han at lunch time. 
 
“It’s snowing!” Sehun grinned as he glued his face to the window.
 
“I think we should get back,” Lu Han stood up. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Tiff.”
 
He kissed Tiffany’s forehead and went outside with Sehun. Maybe she should get back to work too before the dragon burned her alive.
 
. . . .
 
 
The last phone call his mother made was enough to make her panic. It had been years since her mother called her and when she called her this morning, she couldn’t hold the tears from bursting out. Her father was sick at the moment. The cancer that he had for six months was spreading faster than he thought. Qian had to go back to China immediately.
 
She didn’t want to miss anything; no one really knew how much time left for her father. Seven years was enough for her to live apart from her family. She wasn’t a teenager anymore. She already grew up into a woman and had enough money to bring to her hometown. The offer she got from a young businessman yesterday was very tempting, actually. But her family was her first priority.
 
Qian shoved everything to her luggage and almost dialed the young businessman’s number when she had another idea. She hadn’t helped her roomate that much, and maybe this was her time to give her some help. She saw her roomate sitting on the couch with a bag of potato chips in her hand. 
 
Im Yoona was free until six in the evening, so she used her free time to watch some tv shows while eating her prized possesion: Pringles. She hadn’t heard anything from his roomate since this morning, and she planned to not know what her roomate doing. Maybe she was busy looking for the right outfit for her interview this afternoon; Yoona didn’t want to show any jealousy if she ever asked her opinion about her outfit.
 
It wasn’t a secret that Qian had higher salary than her who worked at a fancy restaurant as waitress. It wasn’t a secret too that Qian paid more than half of the rent and bills because she had more money than her. Yoona wanted to have a good job too and make more money than her roomate. She wanted to move out, find a cheaper apartment and find another job that suit her interest: cooking.
 
She was determined to ignore Qian until she heard what’s going on and pitied her roomate for having a sick father. She remembered when her parents died; a social worker sent her to a foster home and she had to live there until she graduated high school. It was really hard to live alone in such a young age. She didn’t have money, so she couldn’t enter college like she had planned to.
 
When Qian asked Yoona to replace her in an interview, Yoona couldn’t say no. The salary was high; she could pay the rent, and bills and saved her money in the bank. She didn’t have to quit her old job because she worked at night shift while this babysitting started at 11AM until 6PM. 
 
Qian told her that she had to meet a guy named Lu Han this afternoon at Coffee Sedona. He was young businessman with one seven year-old son, and needed a nanny to accompany his son while he’s working. Yoona had a feeling that this Lu Han was more than just a single parent. And Yoona was right.
 
 
She arrived at Coffee Sedona a little bit late. Yoona didn’t know what Lu Han looked like, but the only man that sitting with his son was the guy in the corner. He had a fair complexion; doe-like eyes, pouty lips, and honey brown-haired that Yoona liked – loved – very much. He didn’t look like a daddy, to be honest. He looked younger than his age, maybe under thirty? She couldn’t say.
 
Walking to their table, Yoona could feel the boy beside the man shifted uncomfortably when he saw her from the distance. He knew she’s going to be his nanny for indefinite time. She knew he was trouble. Yoona didn’t waste any time and tapped Lu Han in the shoulder.
 
Lu Han looked up and motioned her to sit even though he wasn’t sure if she’s the Song Qian, his son’s new nanny. The girl with doe-like eyes and dazzling smile, explained her situation and why Qian couldn’t make it to the the interview. He perfectly understood if Qian chose her family over work, but he couldn’t understand why this girl – Ms. Im Yoona – had to replace her instead of other nanny?
 
“You don’t have any other job, right?” Lu Han asked, stirring his strawberry juice with straw.
 
She shook her head. “Nope, I’ve quit my job.” Liar.
 
“Good. Now I’ll tell you his schedule,” he smiled. 
 
“The school ends at 12PM – I hope you write what I tell you. And he doesn’t like to wait, so you better be at his school 15 minutes before the bell rings. Take him to our home and cook him whatever he wants – it’s better be healthy – and he has english course at four until six. You can go home after you take him home.”
 
“Monday until Friday, right?” Yoona asked.
 
Lu Han nodded. “Yeah, the weekends are mine.”
 
She signed some papers before she left, and couldn’t believe her eyes when she saw her salary. “2.500.000?!”
 
“Yes. Is it too small?”
 
Yoona shook her head. “No-no, it isn’t small.” It’s too big, actually.
 
“So, I’ll see you on Monday.” Lu Han bowed his head and went outside with his son. Before they could reach the glass door, Yoona swore she saw the boy stuck out his tongue at her.
 
 

Yoona lied to Lu Han, huh? I guess Sehun isn't like most kids at his age lol. Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate it :D