Unexpected You

A Boy, A Bus and A Love Story [Two-Shots]

 

 

As promised, I follow Leeteuk hyung and Kangin hyung to SM Girls’ School on the weekend for the carnival. I am not looking forward to it at all, to be honest. How am I supposed to look forward for the carnival and get all excited when my mind is filled with the thought of the missing fairy? Aish… I need to get rid of this feeling as soon as possible. The longer I keep this feeling, the more I feel pathetic towards my own self. This feeling turns me into a hopeless delusional person.

The carnival starts at 11.00 a.m. We arrived around 11.45 a.m and from afar, I can already see flock of people crowding the school gate to enter the school carnival. Some of them are holding banners, placards and posters of cheerleaders. They treat this carnival like some sort of big concert from international superstars.

Like seriously? It’s just a ing high school carnival.

We decide to go to the field first and buy something to eat. The carnival only started less than one hour ago but the field is already very crowded. Every booth and stall is filled with people. Kangin hyung manages to buy us hamburgers for lunch after using his strength (or shall I say violence?) to get through all the way to a food stall.

Then, we walk around the field some more and play some games. The field is like a mini theme park. There’s even ferris wheel and merry-go-round. I don’t know how they get these equipments. It’s not easy to set all this up and the costs are definitely expensive. This kinda changes my view on this carnival and SM Girl’s School as a whole. It makes me cannot wait to see what are the special events in the hall.

“Here is your special pass and this is the schedule of the events going on inside. Please don’t lose the pass and you are free to go in and out the events until they are finished at 11.30 p.m tonight,” says the receptionist as she hands in our passes and program books.

“11.30 p.m? Wow! The events are so long! More than 12 hours!” shouts Kangin hyung.

The receptionist smiles and answer, “Yes, this is our school annual tradition to hold a 12 hours back-to-back show with different performers taking over the stage every hour. Please check the program books for the list of performers. But don’t forget to go to Hall B also where exclusive art exhibitions are taking place. The exhibition is organized by the school alumni and it includes the arts from Asia’s top painters such as Jung Yunho and Song Joongki. If there’s any problem, don’t hesitate to ask the committee in charge. Have a wonderful time inside,”

“Let’s go to Hall B first! I think the exhibition is going to be great! You know how much I love art! And I want to see Jung Yunho’s artworks so bad! I read in news that his painting entitled ‘Rhinoceros’ is a worldwide sensation!” I say happily as we make our way inside the hall.

Leeteuk hyung and Kangin hyung are busy checking the program books. They didn’t pay attention to me at all.

“Look! Look! It’s cheerleader performance right now! Come on Teukie hyung, let’s go straight to Hall A for the back-to-back show!”

Before I can object or give my wise opinion on why we should go to Hall B first, the two hyungs already disappear, leaving smokes of dust in front of my face. I can only curse in annoyance. I check the program books and find that the exhibition has no time limit. I mean, it lasts for the whole day while the back-to-back show changes it performers every hour. So yeah… I think it’s better go to to Hall A first.

 

 

 

I tell you, Hall A is no joke.

I’m not talking about the cheerleaders or their ty performances or the fanboying males around the stage who keep screaming like mad horses. I talk about the stage, the decoration, the setting, the lightning, the audio system, the everything! They have stage, they have dance floor, they have tables for eating, they have theater-styled seats and heck they even have waitresses carrying snacks and drinks in silver tray while wearing maid costume. Hall A is like a stadium plus nightclub plus casino plus colosseum. One word, guys. One word. Daebak!!

“Hey, aren’t you… Cho Kyuhyun?” asks someone suddenly as I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around to see the asker.

Holy motherfu….!!! Damn it! It’s Shim Changmin, my long-time enemy from DB High School! What the heck is he doing here and ruining my mood? Urghhh!

“Oh, Shim Changmin! Long time no see,” I reply, pretend to be friendly.

Shim Changmin never do anything bad in particular to me. He’s nice. He greets me whenever we see each other and always initiate our conversation. Why are we in bad terms? I mean, why I hate him? Because… I ing lost to him in Math competitions! Not once, not twice, not thrice but every ing time! Yes, every ing time! Since junior high! I always end up as the first-runner up. Just thinking about it makes me angry.

“Come for cheerleaders too? As expected from a guy like you,” I try to irritate him by making fun of him.

He only chuckles as response. “I come here for my girlfriend, actually. She and her friends are performing after this. But, yeah cheerleaders are part of the plan too, even though indirectly. Haha,”

“You have a girlfriend?” I asked, shocked. More like angry.

Man! Damn it! He’s nerd-er than me but he has a girlfriend! Me, on the other hand, forever alone being delusional about a missing-in-action bus fairy. Why is he always a step ahead of me? I feel like a loser now.

“Yeah. We’ve known each other for a long time. Oh, there she is! On the stage, wearing that red mini-cheongsam,”

I turn my head to the stage direction to see his girlfriend. The performers are bowing at the audience. There’s only one girl wearing cheongsam among them. Surely that is his girlfriend. I hope she’s ugly. And fat. And short. And has many pimples. But as soon as she lifts her head up and reveals her face, I feel like fainting.

It’s the bus fairy!

“She’s Korean-Chinese. Her name is Song Qian. Pretty, isn’t she?”

 

 

 

“Hyung, let’s go back now,” I say as I grab Leeteuk hyung who is flirting with a waitress.

“Yah, yah! What’s wrong with you? I’m not finish talking with Lulu Waitress yet,” Leeteuk hyung scolds me before continue with his flirting.

I turn to Kangin hyung who is talking with a small group of cheerleaders but as soon as he sees me coming towards his direction, he shows me his fist as telling me not to disturb him.

Pfft! These two bastards! These two selfish bastards!

I’m so frustrated. The hyungs are not helping me at all. I’m here because of them, shouldn’t they at least pay a little attention to me? Are those girls more important than this dongsaeng of them? I don’t care anymore. I can’t be here. My heart hurts so much I have no mood for anything. I just wanna go home and have some rest.  I rush out of the hall only to find myself bump into someone.

It’s Song Qian.

She blinks her eyes and looks at me with wrinkles on her forehead.

I don’t expect to see her at all. Her traditional performance with her friends supposed to end in another 45 minutes. How can she be here?

“I saw you. You are the one talking with Changmin just now, right?”

I want to ask her so many things. I want to ask why she doesn’t take bus to school anymore. I want to ask whether she remembers me or not. I want to ask is Changmin really her boyfriend. But in the end, I only nod to her question and walk away like a coward. Ah, why must she appear right in front of me now and makes my heart hurts even more?

I don’t expect our second meeting to be like this. I expect it to be another fairytales that we’ll never forget in our life. I expect it to be more beautiful than rainbows of cupcakes and unicorns barfing cotton candies.

“Wait. Don’t go,” she stops me and blocks my way.

“I think I know you. You’re the bus guy right? The one who saved me,”

Oh Gosh she remembers me! I’m sooooooooo happy! But… what’s the point being happy now? She’s already taken.

“Oh, you’re that first-timer girl! Sorry I don’t recognize you earlier,” I lied.

She smiles at me and I swear I see golden shining sparks emits out of her body when she does that. She looks so beautiful when she smiles! For a moment, I forget that she already has a boyfriend.

“You know, I really want to see you again after that day you saved me. I didn’t get to say thank you properly. Why you never take bus to school again?”

Her question surprises and confuses me.

“What do you mean? I take the bus everyday without fail. In fact, I want to see you again too that I always spare the seat beside me for you,”

This time it’s her turn to look at me with confused face.

“Ohh? It’s weird. I take the 503 bus to school everyday too but why I never meet you?”

Ah ha!

That’s it. That’s the reason. Hahahaha. Aigoo, Song Qian…. You’re so clueless it makes you even cuter!

“Bus 503? No wonder we never meet. You take the 15-minutes-earlier bus. I take bus 504. It usually arrives at your station around 7.20 a.m,” I explain to her.

She looks at me in disbelief. “Jinja?? Ah, I’m such a pabo!”

“Gwenchana. We meet here already. Isn’t it good?” I comfort her.

Her shining smile returns on her face as she nods happily. “Hmm, that’s true. It’s like a destiny that we meet here unexpectedly like this. Hehe. Hey, I wanna treat you some meals for saving me as a sign of gratitude. Come on, let’s follow me. I’ll show you a place where you can get the best food at this carnival,”

I was so shocked when she suddenly grabs my hand and leads me out to somewhere. My heart beats like crazy but I try my best to control myself and get back to my senses.

“Err… Is it okay for us to go like this? Don’t you have a show to attend now?”

“Aniya. My part has ended,” she answers simply.

“What about your boyfriend?” I finally ask, daringly.

She stops walking and looks at me.

“Boyfriend? What boyfriend?”

Eh? What does she mean ‘what boyfriend’? Is she pretending to be single in front of me now?

“Shim Changmin… that guy from DB High School... He told me you’re his girlfriend,”

She is completely shocked. “What?”

“Qian!” shouts someone suddenly, interrupting us. Speaking of the devil, it’s Shim Changmin.

“Qian, where are you going? With… Kyuhyunnie?” he asks while approaching us.

Kyuhyunnie?

Kyuhyunnie??

Since when we are that close?

“Yah Changmin-ah… What did you tell this bus guy about us?” asks Song Qian.

Changmin gasps in shocked. “The bus guy? He’s the bus guy? The one who bravely stands for you to save you from a lifetime humiliation? Your savior? Or to be exact, your cru-”

Changmin doesn’t get to finish his sentence as Song Qian suddenly closes his mouth with her hand. I don’t know what’s really going on but there’s something I need to clear up.

“Please, my name is Cho Kyuhyun. Call me Kyuhyun. Not the bus guy. Or Kyuhyunnie,”

I purposely emphasize that Kyuhyunnie part as I give Changmin a glare. But Changmin pretends not to notice it. Suddenly, he hugs me and jumps happily.

“Aww Kyuhyunnie I’m so glad you’re the one that my stepsister has crush on! We can be friend, no, I mean, family and spend more time together! Yay! Gosh this is the best day ever!”

Wait. What? Stepsister? Family? What? And Qian is having crush on me? Gosh, really??

Changmin let go of me and continue talking, “You know I want to be your friend since junior high but you seem to hate me very much. We both like Math, we both like computer games, we both love to sing. We’ll be really great friends you know! We also ca-”

“Wait. Hold on a second. How did you know so much about me?”

“What else. From Math competition, of course. I always analyze the person I’m going to compete with to ensure my victory over that person. Hehe! Kyuhyunnie, believe it or not, I even know the day you took your first step on this world when you were a baby. Aww Qian, he’s so cute at that moment. You’re not really a pabo after all for having Kyuhyunnie as your crush,”

Ewww. He sounds more like a stalker than anything! I can’t believe he’s actually blood-related to my Qian. And stop calling me Kyuhyunnie! We are not friends and you don’t deserve to call me with that nickname!

“W-what crush? I don’t know what you’re talking about. Answer my question. Why did you say I’m your girlfriend?” Qian was stuttering as she asks the question.

She tries her best to avoid her eye-contact with me.

Heheh. No point of denying, Song Qian. This weird stepbrother of yours has revealed everything and you’re too late, I already believe in him. Don’t worry, Qian Baby. I feel the same way.

“I was helping you,” replies Changmin.

Stupidest answer I ever heard in my whole life. How by telling me that she’s your girlfriend will ever help? Explain.

“I know Kyuhyunnie is a competitive guy. He hates me so much and will try his best to win something over me. So I purposely say you’re my girlfriend to make him feel challenged. I keep telling him how pretty you are to make him even more attracted to you. But now I know that he’s the bus guy who saved you, which means he is actually attracted to you, I feel relieved! I don’t have to roll up my sleeves to match you guys up!”

Oo…kay. That’s kinda make sense.

Song Qian and I don’t say anything. Our gazes meet but she quickly looks away in embarrassment. Aww my fairy is shy with me! How cute!

“Really? Well, thanks then,” I answer to Changmin on our behalf. Yes, on myself and Song Qian behalf.

“No need to thank me. I’m the one who should be thankful because we’ll spend more time together now. Hehehehe. Let’s go eat together! Then, I’ll bring you to our house and we can play Starcraft together! Then we can also d-”

“Emm… Changmin-shi, can you excuse yourself and leave the two of us for a moment? I’d like to be with Song Qian alone. You know, we haven’t introduce ourselves properly so far and I know you’re excited but let me make it clear that the one I’m going to be in relationship with is your stepsister, not you,”

“Yes, please stay away from us. Why you always keep butting into my life? Go find yourself a girlfriend,” complains Song Qian as she pushes her stepbrother away.

I’m glad Song Qian backs me up and stands for our freedom. It makes me feel that I’m not the only one who wants us to be alone and wants to spend our time together.

Changmin looks at us in disbelief.

“Yah how could you chase me away like that? Kyuhyunnie, I help you to get the cheerleader phone number just now. How can you do this to me? And during junior high’s Math competition, I’m the one who gets you that SN High School girl phone number. What’s her name again? Seohyun? You said she’s so intelligent you could’t stop dreaming about her. In return you’ll be my friend but you never did so!”

Yah! Why the hell he brings everything up now??!

Ok, about the cheerleader, I only want to make myself looks hotter and cooler than him. That’s all. Nothing else. That Seohyun girl… Ok, yes, she was my puppy love but I’m over her now and she already has a boyfriend! Changmin knows it too! Her boyfriend is that smartass we always meet at Math competition (another enemy of mine), Jung Yonghwa from CN High School!

Why the hell must he bring all that up now, in front of Song Qian! Try to make me look bad, huh?

Then, without a word, Changmin left us but I swear I see him smiling as he walks away. Gosh that evil guy! I’m sure he’s one of Voldemort hocrux!

“Jinja?” asks Qian suddenly as she looks at me sadly.

“N-n..no. I mean… Yes but not exactly the way he tries to make it sounds like. Qian baby, I can explain,”

Her eyes widened. “Qian baby?”

Urgh, how can I let it slip out of my tongue?! I was just too desperate to explain without even paying attention to what I was saying. She must think I’m a playboy full of sweet cheesy words right now.

“Err…”

“It’s okay. You’re forgiven. Qian baby. I like it. Heeee~” she says as she grins cutely at me.

Aww she’s so cute and kind and understanding! I feel like kissing pinching her cheeks!

“Let’s leave now, before Changmin changes his mind and comes back at us,”

I stretch my hand out for her and she takes it gladly. We continue talking as we make our way out passing the receptionist table.

“Taking bus again to school this Monday?”

“Uh hmm. Of course,”

“Great! Can’t wait to see you again in bus 405!”

“It’s bus 504, Qian Baby. Not 405. Why you always mess up numbers? You must be really bad at Math, right? Unlike me and Changmin,”

“I’m great at Math! I’m great at Math!”

“Great at Math or… great at getting mad?”

“…………………….”

“Ok, I’m sorry. I was just kidding,”

“…………………….”

“Qian Baby…”

“Don’t call me Qian Baby I don’t like it!”

 


 

Author's Note:

Finish! Yay! Do you like it? The plot is kinda simple but I hope you enjoy the story.
And oh,
Happy New Year everyone! My resolution this year ----> MAKE MORE KYUTORIA FANFIC!! >.<

See you next time, at my new Kyutoria fanfics, hopefully.

Comments are love~~ (^^)