Winter

Christmas Farewell [ CURRENTLY REWRITING ]

Your POV :

You were lying on the sofa, with your hands stretched upwards, looking at those half-invisible palms of yours.

'Ah.., so I'm really dead,' you thought. Somehow you feel sad, somehow you feel frustrated. Probably becaue you can't remember a single thing weather its your death, or your resolution. 

'Well, whatever, i jcan just be a ghost forever,' you thought, sighing. you turned your back, burrying your face in the cushions, devastated to be locked in the same room as the grim reaper. He said it was for your own safety, it is not like he wanted you to be there with him.

"You can't be a ghost forever," the grim reaper said, stretiching his arms before dipping the caligraphy brush into the ink, resuming writing reports. His back was slouched, as a result of staying the night up. It was already morning and he haven't had any breaks. Deep inside, you pity him. A grim reaper's job isn't as easy as it looks huh?

"And what do you mean by that?" You turned over, then sink yourself into the sofa. You really loved doing so as soon as you can move pass walls. It makes you fell secure and somehow, funny. Well, you can't really describe how it felt.

"It was just a matter of time, before you turn into an impurity," he said, suddenly sounded dead serious. You knew he wasn't joking before but you don't expect it to be 'that' serious. You don't really get the concept of the 'other world'-death. Seeing the grim reaper had to struggle all night long to finish up the reports written in ancient chinese, plus in caligraphy you pretty sure knew it was very complicated. And now the word - impurity, lingers in your mind, sounds like something horrible.

"Whats that?" You asked, popping your head out from the sofa. You struggled to get out from the sofa, this ability isn't that special huh? 

"Lost soul, a type of impurity in this world. When a pure soul was unable to resolve her unfinished business within a limited time, she turned into a lost soul. We, the grim reapers have to put those souls to rest. But unfortunately, there were just too much of them and we can't really catch them one by one. It wasn't that easy," he said, while gracefully pulling each into a caligraphy. You somehow were amazed at how neat and beautiful his handwriting are eventhough he'd been doing that for almost 10 hours already.

"Is that what you're writing reports on?" you asked, standing up and walked up to him to observe him closer. He was really attractive, looks like an actor or something.

And no, you're not having a crush on him. Those looks could lie but the truth is, which only you knew at this moment, that he is indeed a JERK.

"Yup. These are the cases that have been solved by my seniors. Apparently, catching lost souls mustbe VERY TIRING for them to the point they couldn't care to do their OWN report. so now I have to do it because i'm their JUNIOR," he said, emphasising some words. You giggled quietly, the fact that he was totally annoyed with the pile of work, was totally obvious. 

"You're not the one who solved them. How were you suppose to know what to write?" You said, sitting on the floor right next to his desk so that at least you could see his frustrated face while he was working

"EXACTLY. Wow, the fact that you can understand me just proves to me that you aren't really an idiot after all. They do put in notes like the date and how they catch them but they leave all the ENTIRE PARAGRAPH , which is one page long for me to write. Isn't that ridiculous?!" he said, suddenly get hyped up

"Excuse me, since when am i an idiot?" You said, offended

"Since you said you don't know your own name," 

"And that makes me an idiot?" 

"Yes, no ghost could forgot its own name. You're the first one," he said. You know he's only half-joking, just him being sarcastic.

But the truth is it hurts you just as much

And you can't show it,

Cause you don't know if its meant to be forgotten or you're the one who doesn't want it to be remembered. You can't really argue on that.

"Don't be too worked up. I'm sure the deity had plans up ahead," he said, nonchalantly

You can't be too sure about that. Yet.

------------------------------------------

Kyuhyun's POV 

I sighed.

I sighed again.

It was definitely not a sigh of relief.

Breakfast was good, lunch was even better, everything was in luxury. I found out that my skills in playing the guitar had not yet died, I could play a few songs. The carving still bother me, it could have been made by my past self or that carving was merely a gift from a famous guitarist, considering the brand of guitar and the wood it used, probably might've cost a lot.

I grabbed the remote control and the tv.

Nothing unusual, just the same common stupid talk shows that made jokes that aren't funny at all, boring. Lying on the bed in frustration, I observe the remote control. There is a recording button. Perhaps i have recorded something back then that may not be as boring as this? I sat up, facing the tv and clicked on the button.

A list of recordings popped out on the screen. "VCR00001,VCR00002,.." it read, there's like 20 of them. I don't really know, or remember what i've recorded (i sincerly blame amnesia for that),so i clicked on a random recording, 'VCR00017".

the loading screen pops out, i felt nervous somehow

My face popped out on the screen, it felt weird all of sudden, watching your own face. I was really happy in there, sitting on a stool with the guitar on my hand, probably i'm making a song cover.

"Jaa! Today, Cho Kyuhyun, the greatest guitarist in the world, will present to you, a guitar cover of Spring Day! Whooo!" a familiar female voice said. I couldn't see her face. I'm guessing she was the who was holding the camera

"Don't make remarks like that, i'm not even close to being a pro," I said, in the video, chuckling. Oh damn, i look awkward.

"But oppa, you will always be my number one! The best! Jjang!" she said. I could hear her clapping on the background. The camera was shaking a lot, a long with her giggles.

without me realising it, a smile formed on my face. I don't even remember when was the last time i smiled even with these luxury around me.

"Ehem" I cleared my throat in the video, before making a proud face, might've been very boastful after geting a compliment like that.

"Alright, for you my princess, anything! I present to you, guitar cover of Spring Day by the most handsome guitarist- me," I said, What the hell me, i chuckled. I felt embarassed seing myself like that, but from the video,

I could see, that i was very happy.

I took a deep breath before placing my fingers in on the string. After strumming it a bit, to make sure the chords are right i paused and look into the camera.

"This one's for you, my love," I said. How bold. Even with those courage i could see my cheeks were getting red in the video. The girl giggled some more. "Okay," she said and it went silent.

Spring Day - BTS(guitar cover)

after what it seemed like a second, i played, with a big smile, casually taking few glances into the camera. I could hear the girl humming to the melody, her voice, was very sweet, nice and calming though it come out from not-so-high quality video.

I got some notes slipped, and i started to gave up.

"That's okay! Keep on going! Keep on going! Hwaiting!" She whispered. I took a deep breath and continued playing the whole song from where i stopped. The way she encourage me to not give up.. 

It makes me happy to the point I want to tear up.

On the last chorus, she sang along with the lyrics, 

"Past the cold winter
Until the spring day comes back
Until the flowers bloom
Will you stay there a little longer
Will you stay,"

Her voice was very soothing, dreamy, almost heavenly, that it made me closed my eyes unconciously, just to embrace the beauty of her voice. Her vocals were on point, along with the lyrics, and i don't know why

Her voice seems like home

Where i truly belong. 

"Yayyyyy!" she clapped her hands. I was flustered in the video of course, for messing up.

"That is okay, oppa!" she said, giving me a thumbs up. My face brightens when she did that. She giggled and a big smile formed on my lips

"Let me record you next," I said as I reached for the camera to turn it around when..

'Knock knock!' a loud knock on the door forced me to paused the video, right before the camera turned around. I quickly turned off the tv and walked to the door, opening it.. 

"Kyuhyun-ssi, Mr Cho wants to see you in the garden for tea time," Mr Kim said the smile on my face fadded instantly. I don't hold any grudge towards my family, currently, but I don't like having the 'talk'.

"Alright," I said, going out from the bedroom, closing the door behind me. He might wanted to see me in the indoor garden, it's winter now, anyways.

I let out another long sigh. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Nobody's POV :

Mr Kim glanced around to see if Kyuhyun had really went out of the hallway and making sure he does not turn back, before entering his room. 

He was sure, he heard something. He the tv to see the paused video was still there. He sighed, knowing he would be getting yelled at so hard for forgetting to delete all those recordings. Quickly, he took the remote control, and push on the delete button, to delete all of the recordings.

'0 recordings found,' the screen finally says, and he let out a sigh of relief, before turning off the tv again.

He went out the room and leaned against the bedroom's door for awhile.

"Am I doing the right thing?" he thought, somehow feeling miserable and guilty. He shook his head, reassuring himself that he was only doing his job, nothing more. 

And he walked away, leaving the empty bedroom, which filled with so much memories earlier, empty, with so little clues left.

He thought it might be impossible for Kyuhyun to remember again giving only those clues.

But deep down, he was rooting for that boy to be free and do what he wants.

-----------------------------------------------------

Your POV :

You looked through the window with half-frozen glass, The snow was falling, and it was very pretty. You counted each of the snowflakes that you saw, right now you only got 2.

The grim reaper was currently asleep finally, after spending a whole 10 hours upon finishing the reports. It had been 5 hours now you've been enjoying by yourself, doing nothing. You rolled your eyes as you heard him snoring.

"Guys," you thought, shaking your head before staring through the window once again, people walking by, each with their coats, some are fancy, some are just plain, normal, some with a thick fury coats with their high heels. "Won't those heels sunk into the snow if you stepped on the snowy road?" you mumbled to yourself, thinking how absurd it is to wear a really thin and high heeled boots. 

Suddenly that high heels woman, tripped over a pile of snow and broke her heels. "Pft," you were about to laugh but you quickly covered your mouth with your palms

"Don't make fun of other people," you turned around and saw that the Grim Reaper was finally awake, sitting up straight, yawning.

"I can do whatever I want," you said, turning away

"Well whatever, I'll be in the shower, don't peek, or popped in. After that we'll be going out for dinner," he said, standing up, heading towards the bathroom

"Like I said, I can do anything i want, tch," you said, rolling your eyes

"I swear if you do, i'm gonna kill you," he said, sending a sharp glare at you, this time it's scary to the point it sent chills to your spine. You gulped, nodding. He's no joke after waking up. His dark circles made him looked even more scarier.

"Fine...," you said, almost whining as you continue looking over the window

------------------------------------------------------

Kyuhyun's POV :

It was snowing heavily outside, totally contradict the weather inside this indoor garden, I wouldn't call it a greenhouse, because there really aren't a lot of crops here, just herbs and flowers. It is connected directly into the house through the door, where you would see a long hallway, it'll lead you to the living room. Funny thing was that, this mansion was so big that i almost got lost earlier thank god there's a kind maid who saw me flustered as I make my way here.

I'm sitting across ths man, who was apparently my father, with calssic white table between us. 

"What took you so long, son?" he asked. it feels weird when he called me 'son' because i don't remember him being my father.

"I.. almost got lost," I said, trying to avoid eye contact. He chuckled, before sipping his crysanthymum tea.

"Try tasting it, it is said to make you feel calmer," he said. I nodded and took a sip of it. It was really good, not to sweet, just fine, totally matches my taste.

"Well,would you like to visit the company soon? The sooner the better," he finally said after a long silence

"Company? What company?" I asked

"Oh guess your mom haven't tell you about it. currently our family runs the largest furniture company,the CHO enterprise. We have affliation from all over the world plus branches within whole korea. It has been running for 20 years already. Since you're the first son, you're the heir of the company. Your sister will be your assitant. Fell free to visit the company soon anytime,"

"Wait I never say that I wanted to join,"

"You have to, you're the heir,"

"Then let sister be the heir, there's nothing wrong having a chairwoman of the company," I argued

"CHO KYUHYUN," he said, rising his voice, demanding. Startled, i kept my mouth shut.

"Listen, no matter what, you'll be running the company after me, no arguments," he said, taking anothe sip of tea

"Besides, your sister married already, she needs time to build her own family, how can you be so inconsiderate to let her become the CEO? Many people will be up against her," he continued

"I'm sorry...," I said, almost whispering

"That is okay. Anyways, don't go anywhere tonight," he said, standing up

"Why? I don't want to be locked up in the room the whole day,"

"It is for your own safety, please just follow what I told you. I'll be going first, go to your room instantly. Mr Kim is waiting outside, so that you won't get lost," he said and walked away. I stared at my reflection in the tea that i haven't been able to finish

I hate this so much. I could feel anger building up from me. I hate being constrained. I wanted to go out.

"Kyuhyun-ssi?" Mr Kim called. I stood up, approaching him

"Let's go. Lead the way," I said, following up after him to my bedroom.

Thinking of ways to break out from this house, but i need to observe this place a little more

-----------------------------

Grim Reaper's POV

"Let's go, you ready?" I said, as I wore my black coat and put my black hat on. I kept the sealed knife in my pocket in case if something happen.

"Always ready, people won't see me anyways," she said, floating next to me, smiling. I smiled back and walked towards the door. As I opened the door, we arrived in a restauran. Somehow, I get chills, like something was wrong but i don't know. I walked to the counter to order, as usual, iced americano and salad (i'm a vegetarian so). I made sure to took my hat off so that the waiter could see me. 

"I'm going to wait at that table," she said and waited at the table near the entrance door. After placing the order, i proceed to pay it. I sighed as I saw the reamining money in my credit card. Payment day is coming yet i know for sure my salary this month will be cut off by 80%, so i am not happy, at all. Well, at least i could afford an iced americano and a bowl of salad, everyday. 

I got a bad feeling about letting that ghost go with me. I glanced at her while waiting for the reciept, to ensure she's still there.

Yup, still there, looking out of the window

"Here's your receipt,please wait at your table, we'll be serving it to you, soon," the cashier said

"thank you," I took the receipt, nodding before turning, to walk towards the table.

And when i did that, she wasn't there

-------------------------------

Your POV :

You were frustrated. 'WHAT A BORING DAY,' you thought as you spread your arms on the table and put your head on it, looking at people walking outside, through the glass wall.

Being locked up for a whole day, you sure feel bored not being able to do anything besides floating around and walk through walls

"What took him so long to order a bowl of salad?" you mumbled to yourself

Through the window, you could see an old, blind woman who was crossing the streets when suddenly her blind stick slipped from her hands and fell in the middle of the road. You sat up, shocked, face pinned to the glass wall to get a better view of it.

The old woman panickly rubbing her hands on the road, struggling to find her blind stick. You couldn't help but stood up and move passed the glass wall towards the road.

As you were about to approach the lady, you noticed a car was about to hit the old lady. Your eyes widens in shock. Without wasting any second, you flew to the old lady, pushing her aside, letting yourself to be hit by car. You didn't care, because you could move pass it. 

You're a ghost anyway, what's the big deal? 

After moving past the car, you took the blind stick, thank god it was out of the car's way, approaching the lady who was flustered after being pushed out of sudden.

You carefully wrapped her fingers around the blind stick, making sure she could get a grip of it.

"Thank you," she said. You nodded, smiling

"You're so pretty,'

"Ah thanks-," you were aboout to complete your sentence when suddenly you remembered 

She's blind.

You looked at her, surprised. She looked into your eyes, before letting out a smile

Not the normal, kind ones

The evil, devilish, sinister smile. 

"Who.. are you..?" you asked, shaking in terror, you try to walk away but your legs gave up and you stumbled on the road, as you felt a menacing aura around you, trying to swallow you up whole.

The lady's face turned dark, her eyes were red, bloodshot, her teeh was covered in blood with long fangs. You panicked you don't know what to do

"Don't worry.., I'll treat you right," she said, and she moved closer to you, her greenish-black fingers with long nails, almost looked rotten, touched your cheek, carresing it while her lips. You body won't listen to you, as if being freezed, you couldn't move at all, nor speak or scream. You trembled in fear, unable to do anything. 

'HELP ME!' your heart screamed, eventhough nobody could hear that.

--------------------------------

AUTHOR-NIM IS BACK! ^^

Sorry for the late update!! (bows deeply) I'm going to make this daily-update but i don't really have much ideas so it took a long time to make this one. But don't worry, i'll try my best to update this as soon as i can. I promise to complete this before entering college. By the way, the song was entirely not mine, please do check the guitar cover (I have it on repeat while writing this chapter), credits to him <3 . Anyways, i've been promoting this story around to my friends and most of them don't really have an aff account so if you're reading this, please screenshot and leave me a review on it in my social accs !

Thank you so much and I LOVE YOU <3

oh and by the way, please promote hehe i'll be really thankful

on a side note, i had just recieved a new poster today (it does gives me the strength to write) so please do check Timelapse Graphic Shop, they made great posters!