Awake

Christmas Farewell [ CURRENTLY REWRITING ]

18th December 2017

 

Seoul Royal Hospital 

Kyuhyun's POV :

Black. Dark. Blank. That's what im seeing. Im running in cricles in this suffocating dark room. I don't even know how long i've been here. I felt so lonely and afraid. Will there be anyone to save me? Is this death? How big was my sin that i have to endure this kind of punishment? 

Probably so big that i won't even be able to ascend to heaven, or this is already hell? This cold, dark and nothingness. What did i do wrong? Is she safe? I don't want her to experience this kind of thing. She is so dear to me, if by means her going to heaven as a result of me staying in this kind of 'hell' then i'll gladly accept that.

At the very least, i want her to be in a better place. Better than this. Because I love her. 

Oh wait, who is she? Why do i keep thinking of her? 

"Cho Kyuhyun, can you hear me?" a voice called. I turned around. There's a flicker of light. Finally, someone heard my desperate plea to escape this room. I walked towards the light and..

I opened my eyes. The blinding light above me forced me to keep my eyes open. I looked around. A woman was crying hard while holding my hand, constantly thanking god. Around her, a man, possibly in his 50 already, patting her back to reassure her. Another woman, sitting on her knees, crying in happiness(?) possibly around my age or older than me by few years. On my left side, a man with glasses, in white coat, probably the doctor and nurses around him, recoding somthing in a notepad. The doctor turned to me and ask, "Do you know your name?".

I nodded weekly. The anesthesia hit me pretty badly. "C-cho Kyuhyun," I muttered. The doctor nodded. I still had no idea why these people around me are crying. I don't even know them.

"Kyuhyun-ah! This is your mom! You know me right?" The woman, holding my hand asked.

"W-who.. are you?" I said. Suddenly, everyone stopped crying. I might had said something absurd? but its true. Who are these people? The woman looked at me with her watery eyes, surprised. All eyes on me, shocked with what i had just said. I blinked weekly, clueless at this kind of situation. i looked at the doctor, who was calm, probably expecting this. 

It took me awhile to figure this out. I'm amnesiac. 

----------------------------------------

Your POV

"Where..am I..?" You opened your eyes. You were laying on the cold marble floor with a white gown on. You sat up, looking around. A tea shop probably? There's a wind chime on the ceilling. There were small cups in small cupboards all around the wall. Looked so aesthetic and beautiful for a tea shop. There was a table in the middle of the room too, with chairs. You stood up, to observe the room more. You walked towards the wooden door, reaching the doorknob when suddenly the wind chimes rung. You turned around, to see a tall guy, in an all-black suit, with a black hat standing right behind you. 

"Oh my goodness!" you jumped in shock, leaning against the door, looking at him.

"You're still here?" He asked you.

"Huh?" you said, totally got no idea on what was going on.

"Wait a second don't tell me- What's your name?" he said, flustered all of sudden, frowning.

"Me? Urh... I don't know..?" you said. 'Wait. How could I not know my own name? Maybe i'm nameless?' you wonder

"What?! This just get worse. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I SWEAR THIS IS ONLY MY FIRST TIME," he shouted, looking up. What was he trying to do? 

"Who are you?" you asked. He turned to you. Suddenly you got goosebumps. His eyes stare right into yours, so intimidating that it was scary. He cleared his throat, standing straight, close to you that you could feel his breath with your back on the door. 

"Im a grim reaper," he said. Your eyes widen in terror. You looked around. 

"Yes, exactly what you're thinking. This teashop currently, is your last stop before going to heaven/hell/afterlife, depends. But apparently you- HEY WAIT," he said but none of it went in your head. You were too afraid, your body was shaking in fear and without thinking, you opened the door, ready to go though it, wherever it would take you

"DON'T OPEN THE DOOR," he said, but it was too late. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH" you screamed as fell from, probably the sky, since its blue around you, with cotton-like stuff around you (clouds) as you walked through the door. You seemed to regret your choice before, opening the door was NOT A GOOD IDEA. You closed your eyes, bracing for the impact.

"WHY DO YOU OPEN THE DAMN DOOR?" a voice said as you felt someone grabbed you,carrying princess style. You forced yourself to open your eyes. The grim reaper. His face totally shows anger and completely annoyed with your stupid choice. You put your arms around him on impulse, probably too scared to fall from this only-god-knows height. He sighed.

"I DON'T KNOW IM GOING TO FALL! WHERE ARE WE FALLING TO?!" You shouted back, closing your eyes back when suddenly, both of you landed lightly. You opened your eyes again. Everything around both of you froze, as if paused. The grim reaper let a long sigh, dropping you off, like a bag. You fell from his arms on the road, with a thud. "OUCH!" you winced in pain. 

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" you screamed, rubbing your .

"Confirmation," he said, with a stern face

"Huh?" you tilted your head, standing up, facing him. He clicked his fingers and everything around you comes alive back, people walking around..

And a car move past you, at highspeed. The grim reaper's eyes widens, to his surprise, you disappear.

"Oooh, what's that? I feel funny," you appear behind him

"WARGH," he jumped, shocked. "How come you're here?" 

"Approximately...2 seconds ago before you blink your eyes?" you said with a sly smile. Oh you love being calculative. The grim reaper rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, it's confirmed now," the grim reaper sighed, fixing his hat

"What?" you asked

"You're now a pure wander soul, in other words, a ghost,"

"HUHHHH?!" you eyes widens in surprise "Wait i'm confused," you said, walking in circles, ruffling your own hair

"Why would you be? You just move past a car," the grim reaper said as a matter of-factly, crossing his arms

"Does that means i'm-," 

"Yeah, you're dead, already,"

"No," You said then turned to your left, to see your own reflection on the clear glass. But there isn't any.

"Yes. Now can we move on from this kind of conversation?" The grim reaper said, possibly getting tired.

Suddenly, you felt a sharp pain on your chest, it was so painful, you fell on your knees hands on your chest. You started to cough badly, you cover your mouth. You looked at your palms and saw blood. 

Flashbacks hit you hard. It wasn't clear and you started to feel dizzy, painful in the head. You could see blood, you could feel the pain on your chest and on your head, you can't hold it in any longer, you fell on the road, lying, weekly before slowly, feeling cold and numbness through your body and everything turns dark.

"NO! DON'T! NO!" you heard someone screamed. the voice seemed so familiar yet you don't remember who.

------------------------------------

HELLO ! Author-nim here! This was originally a one-shot fic, but i decided to add few chapters ahead to create suspense and more emotions! I hope you like it! More chapters coming soon! I promise I'll do my best in rewriting this one!

Please leave a comment and do subscribe! Love y'all! Saranghae! Kamsahamnida! 

SPECIAL THANKS TO AINLIYANATHECUTEST FOR THE EXTRA IDEAS