This Blogging Business

ACupOfTea

ACupOfTea
-Would you like some tea with that?

Being invisible is a talent. You can’t learn it, you’re born with it.  Gossiping is an art.  It’s painting truths people can’t keep quiet about, not sketching out secrets people trust you with.

Name: HostZYX
Birthdate: 66/48/0712
Living: Planet Exo, Earth
School: Seoul Arts International
Occupation: A.S.S. (Agent of Secret Stuff) on the good days, student on the bad days, diva on the sunny days, procrastinator on the gloomy days, artist on the better days, blogger all day every day
Friends: 134C0N, KkamJong, DeerHan, SayHun, DuizhangKris, ChanYeolo, JingBaozi4Life, ChenZi4you, SelcaKing, SuhoySauce, D.O.nuts, … (See all)
Groups: Dancing.Is.My.Life., SWCD(Sing, Write, Compose, Dance), Team SM, 4dd1ct3d 2 6l0gg1ng, RaInBoWuNiCoRnS, DIVASUnite, Tea for the SEOUL, … (See all)
Likes: Dancing, singing, composing, writing songs, tea, unicorns
Dislikes: Spicy foods
Favorite Movies: Mean Girls
Favorite Books: NO, I don’t read fanfictions.. Or DO I? Do mangas count as books?
Favorite Shows: Dancing With the Stars, Immortal Song 2, The Voice Of China
Favorite Quotes:
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. - Scott Adams
An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one. - Charles Horton Cooley
Art is the only way to run away without leaving home - Twyla Tharp
Dance can reveal everything mysterious that is hidden in music, and it has the additional merit of being human and palpable. Dancing is poetry with arms and legs. - Charles Baudelaire
Dancing is the loftiest, the most moving, the most beautiful of the arts, because it is no mere translation or abstraction from life; it is life itself. - Havelock Ellis
Singing is like a celebration of oxygen. - Bjork
To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of the arts. - Henry David Thoreau

About:
Don’t ask me who I am. If I wanted you to know, I would tell you.
Don’t ask me to find out stuff for you. I don’t like to dig for dirt I don’t want.
Don’t tell me I’m a lifeless loser with nothing better to do. I already know that, thanks.
If you don’t want me blabbing your “secrets”, learn to whisper quieter, be more stealthy, keep them to yourselves.




Time To Make It Count

Listening To: Rain dancing on the windowpane.
Mood: Sweetened Iced Tea - Still trying to hold onto the last bits of summer but Excited. (NO, not for school. For everything else. The prospect of new beginnings and adventures and... Yeah.)
Current Location: School auditorium like everyone else.

Or not... Let’s try not to get too excited about another year of school. I mean, even the sky is shedding tears of pity joy. Because we obviously love learning THAT MUCH. But then, who really cares about British Literature or Physics?

If there’s 5 ninjas and they’re defying gravity at 5.392 g/L, what is the probability that eighty-one 276 kilometer cubed cows are flying over the moon at the speed of light? Make sure to cite Shakespeare in your work.

I offer my identity to the person who can solve this problem. Any takers? Anyone? No? GOOD. Because if you took up my offer, I might advise you to march yourself to the nearest mental hospital.

Joking! But honestly, when has anyone not felt like that at one point? Which is why we turn to stress-relievers. Which, personally, for me, is my unicorn pillowpet. But I know everyone here doesn’t really want to hear about me. So I’ll just fast-forward to the part where I do a quick recap of last year.

1. Our favorite Senior Six have graduated, leaving Midnight all in his lonesome. But his loneliness won’t last long, that’s for sure. The question is: Who will be his next victim?
2. It turns out CherryTomato didn’t chew more than he could swallow. Actually graduating early to follow Mr.DeepVoice to his university. How cute~
3. AngelicVoice and Bookworm were seen holding hands and exchanging a sweet kiss after the graduation ceremony.
4. KawaiiUlzzg and ShyDancer finally ended their Friends-With-Benefits relationship and officially started dating.

Aren’t recaps always so refreshing? But onto more important matters! Joining us this year will be an almost completely new cast. I promise this to be a delicious treat~  

1. As fast as Senior Six graduated, it seems our Midnight has locked onto a new target, BananaMilk. The two actually look like they could be twin brothers... Maybe it’s leaning towards a friendship? Or is it twincest in the making?
2. Looks like PrettyPrincess found himself a new admirer, PrinceCharming. But PrettyPrincess doesn’t know Charming’s real identity, hidden behind a cup of bubble tea and a blue sticky note?
3. SunGun and TeethRich seemed to have hit it off right away in Chemistry class with ONE mutual friend and the same route home. I sense some chemistry brewing...
4. Sparks flew between PandaWarrior and DragonKing. What’s the reason behind all the tension? I guess that’s for me to coincidentally come across.  
5. TheTroll and RiceBall’s friendship is still going strong but RiceBall has been acting strange... Maybe it’s TheTrolls new haircut? Or a sudden realization of new feelings? Maybe a romance blossoming?

I guess a new year means lots of new beginnings! Let’s anticipate where they will take us next, shall we?

September 09, 2012 9:25


-Comments-

Conversation marked as SPOILED
DIVAKEY drank ACupOfTea:
 
Yixing, I thought you said you were going to stop after all the B.A.P. gossip?

2012-09-12 9:30  Marked as SPAM

ACupOfTea served DIVAKEY:

Excuse me. But, who is this Yixing you speak of.

2012-09-12 9:34

DIVAKEY drank ACupOfTea:

Xingxing, you , stop playing dumb. I know you would lock this conversation before anyone sees.

2012-09-12 9:37

===

BabyChanchan drank ACupOfTea:

What’s “Friends-With-Benefits”?

2012-09-12 9:45

Refill to BabyChanChan from ForeverYoung:

Stop playing innocent, Gongchannie~ Everyone knows you’re not that innocent.

2012-09-12 9:50

Refill to ForeverYoung from BabyChanChan:

Jinyoungie hyung, you didn’t take your Happy Pills this morning, huh?

2012-09-12 9:54 /C.NUmerator, wonDEULful, and CanIBaroYourPen liked this/

ACupOfTea served BabyChanchan:

Might I suggest Urban Dictionary? Or a cyberslap to reality? I have yet to meet a third year who is as innocent as you seem to feign. Prove me wrong if you will. I would like to know there are uncorrupted people in this world.

2012-09-12 9:56

BabyChanchan drank ACupOfTea:

Why won’t anyone believe my innocence? T^T

2012-09-12 10:00  /26 people liked this/

===

RENderUspeechless drank ACupOfTea:

Are you like a spy or ninja or something? How do you even find all this gossip?

2012-09-12 10:01

 

 

Refill to RENderUspeechless from PrincessSungjonggie:

 

Asking that is like asking ‘If there’s aliens in outerspace.’ HostZYX has like, magical powers. Or like an invisibility cloak.

 

2012-09-12 10:04

 

Refill to PrincessSungJonggie from RENderUspeechless:

 

I mean, I just finished reading this  and I honestly don’t see how HostZYX can get all this dirt if there wasn’t magical powers involved. I wish I had magical powers!

 

2012-09-12 10:08


                Refill to RENderUspeechless from TurnBAEKHOldup:

                Get a life Ren. So this is why you went to the bathroom during Chemistry. . Leave me to                    tutor NIELb4me.......

                2012-09-12 10:13

 

Refill to TurnBAEKHOldup from NIELb4me:

 

WOW. And to think I share my watermelons with you es.

 

2012-09-12 10:15 /RickE27 and CHANGmoJOJOJO liked this/


ACupOfTea served RENderUspeechless:

I’m flattered that you guys think I possess magical powers but, in reality, I don’t. I’m probably the most average person you’ll ever meet. Save for the metaphorical invisibility.

2012-09-12 10:20

RENderUspeechless drank ACupOfTea:

God, I would totally LOVE to meet you in person. You sound like such a cool person to know!

2012-09-12 10:27 /154 likes/

ACupOfTea served RENderUspeechless:

Thanks! But I’d rather keep my identity a secret. My invisibility cloak intact.

2012-09-12 10:35

 

 

186 Comments

 

<<  <  1 2 3 4 … >  >>


My thumb hovers over the 2 as I smile proudly at the number of comments already on my first post of the school year. Before I could press down, though, the bell rings, signaling the end of class. Cradling my new Samsung Note 2 in my hands, I stand up, bag already slung over my shoulder.

“Xingxing!” I hear a very familiar voice call my name.

“Key hyung!” I gave a lazy wave, my voice relaying all my enthusiasm to see him.

You’re probably thinking now ‘Hey! I’ve heard that nickname somewhere!’. Well, you’re right. Key was the first to comment on my blog post, already knowing how I generally function. He’s pretty much the only one who knows the identity of HostZYX and the only friend I have besides my unicorn pillowpet. (I’m not even sorry. It saves me the energy of having to deal with all sorts of drama. Though I do have to deal with the occasional tantrums when I don’t give him “THOUGHTFUL” gifts on the holidays. Who knew he didn’t like gift cards? ...Leave it up to him to complain about my Back-to-School gift then spend it all in a day. That’s not even a holiday. And that shirt was NOT worth $50.)

Key and I, we're almost complete opposites. He's the kind of guy who would break out in song and dance in public, get invited to all the parties, and be everyone's favorite friend. I'm the kind of guy who would rock out to music in private, wear the metaphorical invisibility cloak, and have only one or two close friends. But we're both still diva buddies regardless, crazy when we're together and gossiping like there's no tomorrow. Watching Wongfu Productions and Nigahiga on the weekends and almost choke on all the junk food we're consuming because we laugh too hard. I think I might be in love with him (You know what they say! Opposites attract.)… But in the most heteroual way because we've actually tried going further than BFFLship. And well. Quite frankly, there was no spark. It was probably just the physical attraction that kept us going for a week. In the end, we mutually agreed that our relationship would never develop into the pure-beginning/passionate-middle/beautiful-forever kind that we both wanted.

I guess I should introduce myself, too? I’m Zhang Yixing. Full Chinese. I speak, write, and read fluent mandarin. I’m commonly known as “Key’s Best Friend” because I’m obviously too invisible to own a name... But I don’t mind it much. I don’t want to deal with the constant chattering of the people who consider themselves Key’s friends, anyways. I love everything music. It’s my second home. My haven. My secret, the one that even Key doesn’t know, is the abandoned 3rd Music Room. I discovered this room when I was sent by the teacher to retrieve some extra music stands one day. The 3rd Music Room is down the corridor where the storage room is located. A sharp turn of the corner and a twist of a doorknob. On the rare days when I don’t feel like lounging in my bed with my laptop and the afternoon snacks my mom prepares for me, I would spend a good couple hours in there, practicing my dancing, sweating off all my stress.

When did I start blogging? Well, the moment I realized I had the supernatural power of being able to turn invisible... Just kidding! But I started when Key pointed out my sharp hearing, almost-always-on-the-dot intuition and love for gossip. Really, I used to spend every day in the 3rd Music Room. Now I’m attached at the hip to any electronic device that allows me to blog. Can you blame me though? It’s addicting business. Key keeps telling me I need some kind of intervention but I just laugh at him and continue to drink my tea. Like now.

“You are in serious need of intervention.” Key gives me this mock stern look as he paces on top of a table under the shade of the tree we usually sit next to for break and lunch. He knows it’s probably not good for me but he can’t stop from reading himself. Tch, addicted bastard. I don’t blame him though. Gossip was just CREATED to be addicting. Sometimes, I feel like a drug dealer... But what I deal is completely legal. Unless the truth is illegal. Then, I might be at the top of FBI or CIA or whoever’s Most Wanted list or something.

“And you’re in serious need of some tea.” I notice the extra dabs of concealer beneath his eyes, the aftermath of a The-Last-Day-Of-Summer-Live-It-Up Party.

“Ugh.” Key slumps down onto the table in defeat. “I swear I used my most unnoticeable concealer. Did you really?” He grumbles something else incoherent.

“Sorry, I guess I still haven’t learned how to control my eye-brain-mouth coordination yet.” I grin sheepishly, not as sorry as I should be. In my defense, I told him not to party so hard last night.

“Can you come over today? I have stories to tell.”

My gossip senses start to tingl-

“Stories only between us.” Key shoots me a Don’t-You-Dare-Blog-This look and the faintest pout slides over my lips.

“I can’t believe you would think I’d be so shallow.” I feign hurt, swinging my hand dramatically over my heart with an appalled expression.

Key gives a dismal shake of his head before grabbing my thermos and downing all my tea.

“You are SO lucky that you look like right now.” I gave a half-assed scowl. Time to go refill my thermos. I get up, dragging my best friend out of the slumps. “Look alive, darling. You have a crowd to impress.” I gave him a few not-so-gentle slaps on the back, successfully waking him but earning myself a punch in the arm and a glare.

I rub the spot where his fist had just been. “That’s the spirit!” I threw him a wink and his face breaks into a smile.

“You’re such a face.” He shoves me gently by the shoulder. “Thanks for making me feel better.” He sighs, brushing a hand through his hair.

“I try.” The corners of my lips curl up triumphantly.

After stopping by the hot water dispenser and making myself some more tea, (Yes. I actually keep tea with me. Don’t judge me.) Key and I arrive at our lockers, which are, luckily, right next to each other.

I turn to Key while opening my locker. “So should I bring over some of my homemade cookies or sh-”

“Hey.”

The thump of Key's books against the ground echo almost deafeningly down the hallway.

------

Hi~ Reviews and subscribing would be much loved. Sorry if this chapter is inadequate ;A; It was done in a rush and in the wee early hours of the morning. And finals weeks is at the door. Why is this happening instead of the studying?