He is Milk, I am Coffee

My Delayed Breathing

It's just an another day. But it would be no another without encountering a small childish fight with Kris again.

"How about this, guess what?" I hand him my notebook my notebook containing lyrics of all Paramore's songs. We used to play this while I question him what title song I've been flipping on that page.

"Fences?..." Kris speculates.

"Beep! wrong." 

"I surrender!" he keeps saying that and bet me what? He'll still likes to continue later on.

"Okay, I'm sleepy." I yawn. Really, I am really sleepy. I feel myself weak these days.

"No! Sooyoung, you keep on sleeping!" he scolds. What am I? A lost errant child?

I directly took glances around the classroom begging no one heard him upon hearing him said that. Our classmates keep on teasing us like whatever. Luckily, one's even around. Probably all of them went out for a break.

Oh, It never feels new to be teased with him. I mean, I grew up seeing him atleast once a week yet we still fight. Well, that is because his father is my mom's boss which still, my mom is a boss also to the others expect for his dad obviously.

"Don't think that I even care for you ok?" he puts off his imaginary-playing earphones out. Kris says and does that almost everytime.

Silly, he likes 'Fences'? He really feels his very popular. Tch, no doubt for a Basketball Captain though.

cloud207.png

The bell rings to end the class. I decided to go to the Basketball court to watch Kris' practice. As I took each step, I could hear cheers getting louder. Is there something I've been missing? Kris haven't told me of a game today.

I arrived at the court and I can tell my breath delaying. There, Bora and Kris are having fun playing with the balls. Very few fellow varsities played with them at my relief.

I know one thing 'bout her. Bora is one of the greatest runners in the school. No wonder Kris would like her. The thought makes me want to throw up.

Tsk, was my brother's varsity and the captain life like this? Still, I felt stiff looking at both of them. I turned around still on my thoughts walking fast to find a ride way back home without bearing to look at them ever.

cloud207.png

It's no another day at school. I could hear hushes as I made my way to the hallway of my classroom.

"Captain and Bora together?" one blurted out.

"Shhh! Sooyoung is here" the other whispered stupid enough for me to hear.

I stopped at my tracks and they effectively freeze. I don't want my politic image be ruined just by this. Urgh, the sight of Kris teaching Bora to shoot the ball. I held my head with one palm.

Headaches. It is getting frequent.

"Hey soo, have you gone for a check-up... you didn't?!" Oh my, that number one voice inside my head. Kris asked as he realized I'm now on my forehead. 

"I'm just sleepy" I choked. Crap, why did I choke?

I reach for my seat and I can feel him following behind me. Well, of coure he's sitting beside you girl. No expectations 'kay? Don't think that I even care for you ok? his daily phrase haunts me.

I pound to my chair like a heavy-weight wrestler. And I swear, I could hear him chuckling seeming he haven't sit to his chair. Gosh, I could feel myself delayed breathing still. My heart's the one who keeps on beating gradually fast.

Eventually, he went to his chair and put on of his earphones as usual. I peek at his phone and read the title - 'We are Broken' by Paramore with the 'Riot!' artwork. Eh? I want some dearly riot with that Bora and end up myself broken because of him. The world points always to Kris anyways.

I blink to see his face, frowing with eyes closed. He seems sad. It's been a day since they've gone out and now he is in problems.

cloud207.png

After ten minutes of silence, our advisor finally went in. "Good morning..." the teacher greeted.

We stood directly for the boring routine. I felt nervous at the teacher's eyes sudden direction to us.

"Mr. Wu, would you mind taking off with those earphones?" Sir gestured and Kris is still closing his eyes. I took a glimpse at his phone with the same song still playing on - We are Broken.

"Kris! Stop daydreaming of that girl... Bora!" instantly, Sir shouted and my classmates starts to burn their eyes on me as if they're telling me something. What do you want me to do? Nudging him that teacher is here? Typicall school life, please...

Awhile of the fearing atmosphere, someone managed to wake Kris up unoticed finally.

"Hey, get up." Luhan anxiouslly said.

Kris widened his eyes to find everyone staring at him and then locked his on mine. He has his face frowning really deep at me. Kris tilts his head to one side confused.

"Please sit down. If there's a single inch of doing that again Mr. Wu, I will send you to detention." We sat down immediately at the order.

My nerves creeps around me. He was never invited to detention, ever and it shocked us especially himself. He was really good in his studies, math specifically. Maybe this is what Bora made him to be.

cloud207.png

The bell rang for dismissal and I haven't talk to him after that. I take turn around outside for the lockers. I circled my key around it weakly.

"MILK COFFE PLUS SOME CHOCOLATE! MILK COFFE PLUS-" everyone stopped chanting as Kris banged to his locker just right beside me.

I know that he is Milk, I am Coffee and I now know that Bora is the new chocolate. My heart squeezes again. I rush to pick my things to my bag fast because now, I feel sick for many things. I'm like a cow-tired.

"Why didn't you... sir was there already?" he choked with an understandable sad voice

"I fell asleep..." I was whispred the best excuse I could make. Students passing back at us buzzes their mouth to on.

"Are they having a fight again?" one said.

Seconds later, another one passes, "Couple's issues" I shut my eyes and breath again upon hearing it.

I tilt to face him who's just half meter away to me. He is still the same who bows down with his fist against his locker, the position he had after those chanters. Neither of us said a word to the extend where the sun had almost fallen. I decided to move away.

"Are you not asking if I'm ok?" I turned back to see Kris pointing at himself with a deserted face.

"Uhm... sorry, I just... don't want to interupt your problem between your girlfriend" I feel mentally, emotionally and now physically ill. My head starts to feel like cracking.

I waited for his reply but instead he stood there gaping . The sun's angle rays hit him making shadows around him, looking like a missing child. I turned back directly.

I don't want myself to be rumoured again, as it is what Yunho-oppa told me so. "Lil' sis, get rid of any gossips okay?" I remember his words. 

As I pass the playground, everybody's gone. Everybody went home already.

"Be safe!" Jaejoong oppa, our security guard called out. I just nodded slightly to him feeling no energy left to do so. I felt guilty for doing that.

"Just doing the promise I obliged from your brother though" I lifted myself for a chuckle and at last he smiled back at relief.

It's just less than a 24 hours and now I'm missing Yunho-oppa, my Dad and especially Mom. The only thing I remember of hers was the smile, which my Dad repeatedly kept saying it was the same as mine. She died of cancer when I was still four.

I felt guilty again for not complying for the check-up. I feel sorry for Kris also. He's the one who keeps reminding and monitoring me also. Shh! But we still also fight, that's it.

I walk down the road as I reach my arm up, blocking the sun through my hand between my fingers.

Now that I've admitted myself that I have fallen for him, yet things were such unpredictable. Is he worth for to be loved- where I am not? Will he accept what I am?

Instead of hoping a light, darkness fills my sight and then, the last thing I watched were my notebooks lying beside me.

 

 

 

 

gold-brown-floral-divider-1.gif

 

 

End of the story. Hihi

It's a cliffhanger, and you are free to think what ending you like ;)

Actually, this story is abit personal. I've got some few things in my life.

Tell you that 3/4 of this story is true.

Sorry if this was supposed to be a fiction, I apologize. I just wanted to share :J

Thank you once again!

xoxo,

rina