...

Kitty Kitty

 

I had a cat follow me home today from school. It smells like trash and mud but is relatively clean, it's fur is matted though. I think it's a stray cause there's no collar or tags but I can't just take a cat home. My mom is allergic and she'd kill me anyways if she even knew I was considering the idea. After all it's just a harmless and homeless kitty.

Oh but I was all sorts of wrong from the start. It wasn't a cat that I brung home and hid in my closet. It's a boy, or at least I think it's a boy. I wouldn't complain usually if there was a half guy in my closet but there's the fact that he had ears and a tail and was wearing my clothes. That fact seemed to bother me more than the fact he could turn into a cat.

I was surprised once again when I discovered the thing could speak. "Hi," It waved and stepped out of the closet and into full view. And what a good view it was and here I am thinking I've been blessed by the Gods. "I'm Kai."

When he moves towards me, my foot tangles with laundry and he's quick to catch me. "Be careful." Everything swirled and went dark when another episode of passing out occurred. "Boy?" The world seemed to be shaking and I dreaded opening my eyes. Maybe if I just lay here it'll go away or he'll leave.

Maybe I'm still asleep in math class and this is all a dream or a nightmare. But God I can smell him around me and it isn't in the slightest pleasant. "Boy? Boy, wake up." But like everything else that had gone wrong during the day, when I peeked my eyes open he was standing over me.

I could feel the bed under me and silently thanked him I hadn't hit the floor or the bed frame during my fall. There was screaming and it took me a moment to discover it was me making the high pitched noise.

The thing, or Kai, scrambled back at the outburst. Ultimately skidding across the floor, tripping over a book or two and landed face first. It was hard to stifle the laugh that wanted to erupt out of my throat like a bat out of hell. He was just a lump on the floor and the chuckle made it's way out. 

In a cloud of mist and a few coughs later he had turned back into the cat. The dingy brown now looking decently shiny in the lighting in my room. Kai disappeared back into the closet and into the corner. I just sat staring at the pile of clothes on my floor.

After awhile I could hear faint movement in the closet and suddenly the doors closed again. "Can I borrow some pants?" A voice called from the other side of the door and Kai's head peeked out. The ears adorning his head bending and moving when he spoke, "Please." At least he's polite.

I just stupidly nodded and a few minutes later he emerged fully dressed and in human form once again. "Are you okay? You screamed and I thought I might have hurt you." He just swayed in the middle of my room looking completely uncomfortable, at least I'm not the only one. "I'm fine." I still couldn't wrap my head around any of this.

"I'm sorry for scaring you after you were so nice to me." Kai squatted on the floor and started playing with some of the string on the ends of my comforter. "It's okay really. No harm done." He scanned me as if trying to confirm that I was telling the truth. 

The next few hours went by so quick it seemed like no time had passed at all. I learned that Kai is cursed to turn into a cat, something passed through his family for a long time. Kai is older than me but is still the same age so I've opted out of using hyung. He is in fact homeless and harmless.

I don't know what made me blurt out that he could stay the night with me if he wanted. I don't know what caused him to say sure or to agree to sleep on the floor. I don't understand why I made a bed for him by the side of my nightstand. He looked cozy in my pajamas.

"It's warm." If I listened close enough I thought I could hear purring. And Kai snuggled down into the blankets and I crawled in between my own. I had to get up early in the morning to make sure my mom doesn't walk in on Kai lying on my floor. 

I was almost asleep when I did in fact hear purring coming from Kai's still form on the floor. The light from my closet illuminated his body but I could only see his back. Dark skin that rippled at the shoulder blades and turned into muscles. The purring was soft and thank God my mom won't get home until way later in the night.

"Sehun?" And here I thought he was asleep already. "What?" I said groggily rolling to face the ceiling again in case he caught me staring. "Can I sleep with you?" I nearly choked on my spit and the purring paused momentarily. "No." My bed was my bed and even my mom didn't touch it.

"Please?" "No way. Let me go to sleep." And the purring stopped all together. "Sehun," I glanced over at him and this time could see every breath taking feature on his face. "Please." Damn him and his attempts at aegyo that seemed to work. 

"Fine as long as I get some sleep tonight. Aish, come on!" I pulled back some of the blankets and scooted to the other side of the small bed. His human body was a lot bigger and broader than mine could ever be. He easily took up the whole bed and I almost fell off but once again he caught me. "This isn't working." He sounded dejected.

"I can go back to the floor. I don't wanna drive you out of your own bed." And I couldn't tell if he was purposely trying to make me feel guilty or if it was innocent. "Stay." I had to admit the body behind me was rather warm and nice. "But how can we both sleep here?" That was a good question. And I thought hard for the answer.

The answer came in the form of me ending up snuggled into his side. My head lazily rested on his arm and my fingers trying to find something to hold, like the sheet maybe. "Better?" I asked and I felt him just nod.

That night I fell asleep to the sound of soft snoring. But in between there were moments of loud purring. And when I reached up to scratch at his ear the noise got a lot louder. It seemed to vibrate everything excluding him from his sleep.

 

*What was the crack I just wrote? I have no idea what just happened. But it could have something to do with these gifs of Kai. God I need sleep and food and quick.*