Immortally Yours_SceneThree_Lovers' Garden

Immortally Yours

 

Rin Ji: (Enters to the downstage) Ugh! That mortal! Lucky for him it’s against my vows to kill a creature unless I was told. No more distractions. I have to kill this demon fast so that I can never go back to this horrid place. (Eunhyuk enters from the upstage) Food! Thank God! I haven’t eaten since yesterday! (Opens the basket and brings out the food) (Eunhyuk enters from the upstage)

Eunhyuk: Excuse me.

Rin Ji: (Jumps) Oh. It’s you again.

Eunhyuk: Hello.

Rin Ji: Came to scare me? (Still eating the food in the basket) Don’t waste your time, little boy. Now, leave.

Eunhyuk: You know I would but I can’t.

Rin Ji: Look, pretty boy, I’m not here to play games with you. I suggest you leave before things get messy. Can’t you see that I’m eating?

Eunhyuk: Yes, I can see.

Rin Ji: Then go! Leave! What are you waiting for?

Eunhyuk: I can’t leave with an empty stomach. I would love to say this will embarrass you.

Rin Ji: What?

Eunhyuk: The food that you’re eating right now is mine. I came back to get my basket and have a quiet meal but I see you beat me to it.

Rin Ji: Oh my! I’m so sorry! I-I didn’t know. Please. I’m sorry. Here, take it all. (Stands up)

Eunhyuk: It’s fine. I know you want you can come eat with me.

Rin Ji: No, I can’t.

Eunhyuk: Come on, its fine.

Rin Ji: Thank you. (Sits down)

Eunhyuk: Look, I wanted to say sorry for what I did earlier. I got caught up.

Rin Ji: It’s fine. I’m sorry for eating your food.

Eunhyuk: So, may I know your name?

Rin Ji: Hye Rin Ji. (smiles)

Eunhyuk: You’re very beautiful, Rin Ji.

Rin Ji: (laughs) Mortals! (sighs) So, what are you doing here anyway?

Eunhyuk: I uh. My dad (clears throat) wants me to uh get some errand.

Rin Ji: Your dad wants you to get something from the lovers’ garden?

Eunhyuk: Uh. I guess. What are you doing here? You said you have more important things to do. I mean…pretty girls shouldn’t be out all alone.

Rin Ji: Same as you, my dad and errands.

Eunhyuk:I see.

Rin Ji: Well, it’s getting late and my dad might explode. Good night, Eunhyuk. (Stands up)

Eunhyuk: It’s too early. Please stay.

Rin Ji: Okay. So, what do you do in your free time? I mean you look like the type of guy who likes to hit on any girl that comes his way.

Eunhyuk: Judgmental, that’s a very admirable trait. I’m not the nice guy hello-my-lady type of crap.

Rin Ji: I can tell. (Stands up) Did you choose to be that way?

Eunhyuk: (stands up) It’s not much of a choice, I was just born that way. What about you? You look like the fancy type.

Rin Ji: Fancy! Just sophisticated. I was raised that way, manners and posture. Everything you need to know about class, I learned them all. If your mind is only half full, then what is the other half made of? Hollow spaces?

Eunhyuk: Very funny.