Marshmallow Chocolate Ice-cream with Peanut- Chapter 2

Marshmallow Chocolate Ice-cream with Peanut

 

ON SPORTS DAY

                All of them walked into the stadium. Seemed it was a hot sunny day on that day. Reika kept wiping the sweat on her forehead, looking around to find her best friend, Yumi. But, there’s a body of someone has attracted her attention. That was Yamada Ryosuke.

            “ Eh? He played hand ball ne?” she asked herself and without her realized, she smiled. She felt someone hit her from behind and almost fell to the ground.

            “ Aa~! Gomen neh~” that person apologized.

            “ Aa~ Dai-Daijoubu” Reika replied hardly and tried to get up.

            “ Are you alright?”

            “ Yes, I am. Domo…”

            “ Ehh… You’re Reika, right?”

            “ Hai? You are…?”

            “ Oh, watashi wa Yaotome Hikaru desu.” He introduced himself.

            “ You’re still new at here,right? In the first year?” Hikaru asked her while helped her to get all her stuff. Reika just nodded and tried to smile.

            “ Have we met before?” Reika asked. Her eyes just cannot move from looking at Yamada’s action throwing the ball to his team.

            “ Yesterday? With Inoo and Yamada.. Emm.. In front the class?” Hikaru started to explain.

            “ Ohh… Yesterday. Ah,Hai~ Yoroshiku…” she replied and smiled. Hikaru nodded.

            “ Are you sure you’re alright? I’m very sorry about just now. I’m just in hurry.” He explained. Reika just smiled and nodded.

            “ Can you let me accompany me to your place before the game start? As a forgive from you?” He said and Reika nodded.

            “ Thank you. I hope you didn’t injure your knee.”

            “ Ohh, I think I’m alright right now. Thank you by the way… What game will you play after this?”

            “ I played hand ball.” Hikaru replied proudly.

            “And you?” Hikaru asked her. He kept looking at Reika and hoped Reika will smile at him again.

            “ Oh, I will play badminton after..this? Ehh.. The game is just wanted to start.” Reika said.

            “ Oh, arigatou ne, Hika_chan.” Reika thanked him and smiled.

            “ Oh, there your stuff. Good luck.” He said and left.

           

            “ Ohayou gozaimasu!!! Watashi wa Yabu Kota desu and today is the day that we are waiting for…. It was our college…….. SPORTS DAY!!! What we are waiting for?! Take your seat and watch the games. Oh, don’t worry. There’s someone selling some snacks and drinks outside there. And, I admitted, the snacks that she made was really tasty. (There’s a loud applause heard from the stadium. There’s a girl selling the snacks, felt her cheeks getting redder and redder.)”

          “ Ne~ Yabu kun… I think that girl started to blush. Anou… Watashi wa Inoo Kei desu. Oh, the hand ball players have started the game. There were your hot seniors playing at there. (Giggled) (Once again there’s a loud applause from the stadium, especially from the girls)”

          “ Oh, Yaotome Hikaru, from the red team, he got the ball and passed it to Yamada Ryosuke. Good job,my friend! He did it. Goal for the red team and for sure one mark for the red team. That was a nice game!”

            Reika turned her head and saw Yamada. The sweat dripping on his red cheeks and he just looked so hot. Suddenly, she felt very proud on him and she smiled happily.

            “ Rei_chan!” someone called her named.

            “ Oh, Yumi_chan!” she waved at Yumi.

            “ Aa~Gomen neh~” she gasped. “I ran from my house to here.”

            “ As usual, you’re always late.” Reika sighed. Yumi smiled sheepishly and drank her drink.

            “Ganbatte kudasai! Go! The game will start soon!” Reika nodded.

            The game started and Reika played and tried to defeat them. She didn’t care about the hot sun shone in the morning. She kept wiping the sweat over her forehead and focus on the game.

            “ Ganbatte ne,Rei_chan.” Suddenly, a harsh voice cried over her. She turned and she knew who that was. She smiled as sweet as possible and she felt energized to defeat all of them.

            “ Whooa~~ She was good in the game.” Yamada praised.

            “Hai~ Sou desu ne. Look~ She seems got her energy back. GANBATTE NEH~!!”

            “ There you are, Ryosuke… You’re at here.” Hikaru patted him on the shoulder.

            “Hai~ I want to be a ‘cheerleader’ for my new friend ne~” Yamada replied sheepishly.

            “Cheerleader?” Yumi turned and asked. Yamada winked and clapped his hand as loud as he can.

            “ Whooa~~~ She’s good.” Hikaru’s turned to praise.

            “ Uraa~!! Both of you left me ne~ Kirai masuyo~!” Daiki suddenly appeared and pouted angrily.

            “ Gomen ne~” they said simultaneously.

            “ By the way, I won the game just now just because the girl that I admired cried ‘ Ganbatte’ very loud towards me.” Daiki said proudly and smiled very long until his lips could attach to his ear.

            But, the two of them didn’t listen to Daiki much and kept watching on the game.

            “ Whooaa~ The game looks more challenged. Hey~ That girl is still new in this college, right?”

          “ Hai~ Sou desu~ She was in the first year. Whoo~! She played very good! Oh, I got the information that, her name was Reika Yamamoto. She was in the first year and…for sure she’s still single for your extra information.(Yabu slapped him on the back and made Inoo yelled of pain.) Hahah… Jodan nee~~ Good job! She won the game and has defeated her own senior.”

          “Hontou ni…”

          “ SUGOI!!!! YES! You’re right.(Inoo interrupted)”

          “ Thank you so much Inoo_kun for finishing my words.(Yabu sighed)”

          Then, it’s time to give the medals for the winner. They just can’t stop from smiling and feeling proud of themselves. Reika smiled proudly when her name is mentioned and stepped on the stage with a sweet smile etched on her lips.

“Now, the sport game is end until here. Omedettou for the winners and I can see the happiness and feeling proud on their face. I feel happy for you too. Oh, arigatou gozaimaa for coming for today sports day even if today is a hot sunny day. Thank you very much. I hoped you enjoyed watching the games and for the one that took part in the games, I hoped you’re healthier than before and get enough rest at home. So, Inoo_kun..??”

          “ Hai~ Have enough rest and jyaa nee~! See you soon and enjoyed your summer holiday nee~ Until here only ne, Yabu_kun.”

          “ Un~ Sou desu ne… Good bye from us. JYAA NEE~!! MATA ATODE! ARIGATOU GOZAIMAA~~~”

          The audience went out from the stadium and followed by the players. Their hair and shirt were wet with sweat, but they didn’t care about it. They looked at their own medal proudly and got some kissed their medal happily!

            “You did it,Rei_chan.” Yumi approached Reika and hugged her happily. Reika smiled sheepishly and thanked Yumi.

            “ By the way, there’s a new cheerleader except me.” Yumi said and smiled sheepishly towards Yamada.

            “ Eh? Dare desu ka?” Reika asked blankly.

            “ Yamada_kun desu.” Yumi replied and she knew Yamada tried to make an innocent face.

            “ Ahaha.. Naruhodo.” She replied and nodded at Yamada.

            “ Eh? Me too… Didn’t I look like a cheerleader too?” Hikaru interrupted and started to dance like ballet. Yumi and Reika laughed to see Hikaru’s behavior while Daiki and Yamada covered their face with their hands.

            “ Nani? Didn’t I dance gracefully?” he asked and made innocent face.

            “ Yada yada.. It’s enough.”Yamada stopped him.

            “ Oh, what about we had a cup of coffee maybe, to congratulate ourselves? Agree with it?” Daiki gave a suggestion.

            “For sure. But, don’t go without me ne~” suddenly Inoo interrupted from back. No one knew he came from where.

            “Of course, my dear~” Hikaru replied. Suddenly, Inoo blushed and he didn’t know why.

            “ What we’re waiting for? Ikimashou ne!” Daiki said happily and pulled Hikaru.

            Yamada smiled at Reika and the two of the girls just follow the guy from back. They went to the nearest coffee shop and find a table for them. Daiki chose a big table with 6 chairs for them. Luckily, the shop was not too crowded as usual.

            “ Whooa~ It has been long not to have a hot coffee at here ne~” Daiki sighed and kept looking around the shop. “It does remain unchanged.” He said again.

            “ Let me ordered the coffee for all of you. By the way, I didn’t know what the two beautiful girls want to drink.” Yamada stood up and stared at the two of them.

            “Never mind. I’ll go with you to see the menu ne~” Reika said and stood up.

            Yumi and Inoo just sat next to each other and the two of them kept silent all the time. Their cheeks getting redder and redder, while their hearts were beating so fast like an engine. But, at last, Inoo started the conversation.

            “You didn’t take part in the game for today?” Inoo asked her bravely.

            “Iie… I want to support Rei_chan and she wants me to become her ‘cheerleader’.” Yumi answered shyly.

            “ Ah~ Sou ka.. If I didn’t become the MC for today, maybe I could see you become the cheerleader at there.” Inoo made a joke and it made Yumi’s cheek getting redder.

            While,Yamada and Reika still standing in front of the counter. They were looking at the menu blankly and the girl at the counter was waiting for the two of them patiently.

            “ What drink do you want to have ne, Rei_chan?” Yamada asked her.

            “ I want to have a cappuccino then, for Yumi_chan, a white coffee ne..” Reika answered. The girl nodded and dropped down what Reika said just now.

            “ Emm… One cup of latte, 2 cups of white coffees, and 1 cup of dark coffee please..?”

            “ Arigatou gozaimaa ne… Hold on for a while.”

            Yamada turned to face Reika and took a deep breath.

            “ Have you planned for your summer holiday ne,Rei_chan?” he asked.Reika shook her head and asked Yamada back.

            “ I don’t know… We’re still not planning yet.” He replied and pouted.

            “ Ne, Yamada_kun…” before she could finish her words, Yamada stopped her.

            “Called me,Ryo_chan ne~ Please?” he smiled.

            “Aa~ Hai. Ryo_chan ne..”

            “Hai~~ It’s better.” He replied and smiled happily. They kept talking at each other until the girl stood back in front of us.

            “ Here you are… All of it was 356 yen.” Yamada paid for it and Reika took out her money too.

            “ Ehh… What are you doing?” Yamada asked and pushed the money back to Reika.

            “Eh? I’m paying for it.”

            “ No need. I treat you. Keep for it ne.” he said gentlemanly.

            “Arigatou gozaimaa. There’s a gift for the two of you.”

            “A gift?” they asked simultaneously.

            “Hai~ we give a free gift for the couple for free as the gift for summer. Enjoy your coffee ne~” she answered and smiled towards them.

            “Whoa~~ Ichigo..” Yamada said happily. They walked to their table and lend the drinks for them.

            “ The two of you took for a long time ne~” Daiki sighed.

            “Gomen ne~” Yamada apologized and ate the strawberry. He lend one of the strawberry to Reika.

            “Eh? Why did you have it while the rest don’t?” Hikaru asked.

            “They gave it for the two of us. For the couple and as the free gift for summer.” He answered and his lips were red of strawberries.

            “Couple? Ahaha… Yes, the two of you really did.” Inoo interrupted and laughed softly.

            “I want some,please…?”Daiki begged for one strawberry but Yamada didn’t want to give any except for Reika.

            “He really loves strawberries. We even called him, ‘Vampire Strawberry’.” Inoo said to Yumi and she just laughed softly to see Yamada’s behavior.

            “Ano.. Ryo_chan.. Just one.. Please…” The two of Hikaru and Daiki begged for Yamada with a puppy faced.

            “Haha.. Just share with them some ne,Ryo_chan…”Reika said and shared some of the strawberries with the two of them.

            “Hee… Umai~” Daiki said.

            “Oishii~”Hikaru said and nodded.

            “Eh? Rei_chan called Yamada ‘Ryo_chan’ desu ka?” Inoo suddenly asked.

            “Oh, I heard it too just now.” Daiki agreed.

            “This is the first time a girl called him with that name.”Hikaru said and stared at Reika.

            “He asked me to call him with that name.”Reika answered slyly.

            “Ohh… Sou ka..” The three of them said simultaneously and smiled meaningfully. It made Yamada feeling so shy and didn’t brave to lift his face up.

            They drank the coffee and kept talking at each other. The day passed with happiness and they walked home happily. Inoo and Yumi were getting close together and they have no problem to communicate again. They just talking at each other happily and sometimes smiling at each other non stop!

            Daiki realized Hikaru tried to talk to Reika but, she seemed enjoy talking with Yamada and  seemed Yamada enjoyed to share his strawberries with Reika. And, at last Daiki walked with Hikaru and hugging with each other. While, Yumi walked with Inoo, and Reika walked with Yamada.

            They didn’t realize the day getting darker and darker. At last, Reika decided to stay at Yumi’s home because she was too exhausted.

            “Our house was just not far from here ne.” Hikaru said and looked at left and right.

            “Hai, sou desu.” Daiki agreed.

            “Until here only ne.. It’s fun to have a whole day with the two of you. Have enough rest ne,Rei_chan, and hope a nice dream for you tonight ne, angel.” Inoo whispered the last word at Yumi’s ear and he winked at Yumi.

            “Hai~!! Jyaa naa~ And, mata atode!” Daiki said loudly just like a drunken man. Hikaru waved at them and left with Daiki and Inoo. Yamada pulled Reika’s arm without their realized and asking for her number. They exchange number and before Yamada left, he winked at Reika.