8 - Get Ready

I'm his girl. Am I?

 

I woke up early in the morning and look at the ceiling while laying down at my bed. I keep on thinking about what happen last night. Everytime I think about the reason he gave to me, my blood... boiling inside. In the end, I kicked all my dolls and pillow from my bed. Why did he gave me the reason? He can just shut up. Punishment? Punishment, YOUR HEAD! Lets see! Punishment right? I will punish you also. Wait and see.

 

“HANEUL!!! Wake up!!!” My mother open my room door and look around.

“Yah!!! What happen? Why all dolls and pillow on the floor? Are you ok?” I blankly look at my mother. Ok! Too many questions and I don't even know which to answer first. I scratching my head until my hair was so messy. I get up from my bed and pick one by one my dolls and pillow and put everything in order.

“What do you want, mom?” I smile and waiting for her answer.

“Oh ya! Tonight, me and your dad will be going to the business party...”

“Ok... I'm ok at home alone tonight, mom.” My mother haven't finished her words and I already know that I will be home alone again tonight.

“What? Oh no... you will come with us tonight, honey.” I was stunned and look my mother. She must be kidding. Business party? Me? Hell no! It will be so boring!

“Thanks but... no thanks mom. Remember? Tomorrow I have school to attend.” That was the best reason for me to come out with.

“Honey... Tomorrow is... public holiday.” My mother smile while pat my shoulder.

“What?!”

“Get ready at 5pm and the dress, shoes, handbag, I already pick for you. It is in your closets. For the make up, I leave it to you. Ok honey? And... don't do anything stupid or plan to stay away from this party. Your father will be really mad if you not coming with us today.”

“But mom...”

“End our conversation!” My mother walked out from my room and leave me just like that. Oh man! I have to go to the party? Why? And tomorrow is public holiday. Great! Wait! Business party? Thats mean... I will see Ukwon there and he never know about my family business and never seen me at any business party. I am purposely keep my life low because I don't want they know about my background. My family business and I need someone sincere be friend with me without knowing my background.

 

I am slowly step to my closets and take a look what kind of dress my mom picked for me. WOW!!! Speechless! My mother have a great taste while it come to fashion. Pink long dress with some accessories on top of the dress and a scaft for me to cover my hair. My mom really know what I like and what I don't. Its really look elegent. Now, I looked at the high heels that I have to wear. Heels? Yeah... heels. Lets see how I will walked with this heels. Simple handbag come along with the dress. Everything look so perfect but... Oh heart! Please behave. Nothing bad gonna be happen. So, lets party tonight! Try to put positive thought in my mind. 7 hours to go before 5pm.

 

-2 hours before the party-

 

“Haneul... What are you doing?” My mother woke me up from sleep. Yes! I continue my sleep just now and... its 3pm? Wow! Time flies fast. I feel really dizzy now because sleep too much.

“Mom... Can I... Just stay at home. I feel not very well.” I'm serious and not making any excuses.

“No you can't honey. Now get up, shower and get ready. We will be leave 5pm.” Once again, my mother leave me alone while I looked at the ceiling. Dizzy! Dizzy! Dizzy! I forced myself to get up and shower. I spend almost one hour in the toilet. I really need something to make my body feel fresh. Now I looked at the time, its 4pm. Ok... I have one more hour to get ready. I open my closets and start to get ready. My phone ringing and I looks at the ID, its Jihye.

 

“Haneul!!!” She screaming over the phone.

“Hi Jihye... Are you ok?” I stop doing what I do and focus on her phone call.

“Ehehe... Hi Haneul... Are you free tonight?”

“No... I have to follow my parents for business party tonight. Why? Anything special today?”

“Business party? Why? You never want to go to any business party and why so sudden?”

“Its all my mom ideas and I have to follow. Never say NO. so, what's up?” I have been asking her twice about this night but...

“So... you going to business party and expose yourself?” I only nodded to answer her question and I suddenly realize that she cannot see it.

“Yup and... Jihye... There is something I need to share with you...” I haven't finish my words yet but I heard my mother voice calling for me.

“Haneul... What do you want to share?” Jihye was waiting for my answer.

“Jihye... I think... I need to get ready and I will tell you later. Promise and sorry for tonight.” We end our conversations and I get ready for this night. Suddenly, I feel really nervous. Business party.