Chapter Three

Ferly 2

 

Comments on comments (I haven't done one of these at all in part 2 and I really rather miss them, I mean I was originally gonna just comment directly to your comments since that's so handy but I don't know, I feel like if I do that then others won't see my comment on comments and I've always felt it kinda brought you commenters together in a way... so yeah, commenting on comments yet again!!)

 

Mary517- get well too^^ I hate being sick, means I have to stay home and lose money -.-

I can't wait to write out what I have planned for Himchan, He's gonna be playing a bigger part then I'd ever planned^^

 

TheAwkwardMomentWhen- I'm actually feeling just about perfect now^^

I had to put Joonie in, and I really wanna put him in more, in my mind I have him playing as her silent protector but since that doesn't get a whole hell of a lot of diolouge it's difficult for him to get in the story... which is why I held him back a year, I hope to evolve his character a bit^^

Himchan's in over his head, Amber might be a goodie goodie but she's stubborn... though like you said, she'd pretty oblivious...

 

ajol_fxonee- You're new! or at least I haven't commented back to you yet!!! thank you for reading, welcome to Ferly if you really are new^^

I wanna give you so many spoils right now but it's currently not Christmas anymore so you're just gonna have to read more and find out^^

 

Chapter three

 

Myungsoo held CL's hand as they waited for the doctor to come back with the resaults, the silence in the room was unmistakable as the two step siblings silently prayed for good news. She hadn't been feeling well, the baby, seven months in, was kicking less and less and while neither felt it was a good time to have a kid they both had grown fairly attached to the little kicker.

 

“Twins it seems.”

 

both choked, “huh?”

 

“If you'd come in months ago to a real doctor we could have told you sooner- it seems you'll be having twins, both boys, that's why they're not moving around as much, it's getting cramped in there” The doctor commented boredly and handed them the ultrasound pictures, “have you considered adopting them out, one's enough for someone so young but two?” he hummed it out as if it were the easiest decision in the world- Oh yes, just through this kid at someone else and not care what happens to it after wards!

 

“It's none of your business what I do with my kid.” CL grumbled then lessened her glare when Myungsoo gave her hand a little squeeze.

 

“We'll be fine Doc.” Myungsoo said for her and gave a winning smile towards the doctor, “If that's all can we go now?”

 

“fine, the receptionist is down stairs, see her on the way out.” the doctor waved them away and brought out his phone.

 

“What a jerk, oh just throw your kid in a trash can, it's the right thing to do.” CL mumbled as they walked down the hallway. She kept a protective hand under her baby bump and silently thanked God her little kicker was alright, she also gave a little thanks for the new little guy in there, though now she'd have to find a name for Hyunkyu's twin.

 

“I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, he just deals with teen pregnancy so often that perhaps he's just...” this was the very reason they were going to their Mother's friend who was a midwife, CL just didn't do well in hospitals and tended to react negatively towards the doctors. They'd been really worried though, little Hyunkyu (or atleast they'd thought it was just Hyunkyu...) would kick constantly and to have him just sitting in there...

 

“he's cold, unfeeling, a jerk.”

 

“Now CL.”

 

“Let's get outta here Myungsoo, Hyungkyo and baby number two are threatening my bladder if I don't get some food in my belly.” CL commented offhandedly and pulled Myungsoo with her all the way to her favorite Kogi place. She had a huge grin on her face as she dug into the meal, ignoring Myungsoo's steady gaze.

 

“You really gotta try this Myungsoo, it's great!”

 

“CL... What're you going to do when you have them?”

 

“huh?”

 

“your baby, er, I guess it's plural now... the doctor had a point, it'll be difficult with just one, but two? How can you do this by your self?”

 

CL paused her eating and wipped , “No one really gets it, do they, I need these little guys...”

 

“CL.”

 

“I know I won't be the perfect mother, I know I'll probably mess up on a daily basis, but these guys... at least they'll love me, they gotta, right?” She looked down and stabbed her Kogi, she too was nervous about the new discovery, she didn't know how she'd do it but she couldn't bring her self to even consider giving them away or asking for help... She just wanted someone to love her unconditionally even when she's a complete mess.

 

Myungsoo held his hand out and CL placed hers on top, he gave a slight squeeze and smiled one of his rare smiles he reserved for the people he cared for the most, “I'm here CL, but I can only do so much... your kids are gonna grow up confused, am I uncle or daddy?” he rubbed his thumb against her knuckles and sighed, “Who's the father CL... he needs to know and your kids need a daddy.”

 

CL shook her head, she'd never want her kids raised around that guy, “I'm fine, I can do this.” She smiled and gave her own squeeze, “And what about you L, You planning to do anything what so ever to woe young Tomboy with your plethora of charms?”

 

“Don't change the subject.”

 

“I really wanna know though, you've been sitting dormant since you met her and word around town is she's got a new guy on her tail.”

 

“huh.”

 

CL laughed, it was so easy to get him distracted, “I heard from a reliable source that Kim Himchan bet his little friends he could get into Amber's pants, it's been buzzing around for a week now.”

 

“Kim Himchan?”

 

“Delinquent in Amber's class, he and I played around two years ago, nothing but trouble really.” She gave a shrug and leaned back in her seat, “From what it sounds like she's already been to his house and has been hanging around him ever day so far, if he hasn't already he's on the right track.”

 

“Amber would never.”

 

“you said that about her dating Seungho, about her dating GO...”

 

“Well, there you have it, she's dating GO, there's no way she'd fool around behind someone she cares about.” He stated stubbornly and stabbed a bit of Kogi and stuffed it into his mouth.

 

“hmm, oh yes, Jung Byunghee, the guy who's screwed about ninety percent of this towns population inbetween the ages of fifteen and fifty- I see that relationship lasting a whole two seconds.” CL chuckled, “really, you should go after her now, we both know you're a hundred percent better for her then Jung Byunghee.”

 

“She's not into me though... I don't know what to do...”

 

CL sighed then reached across the table and patted his shoulder, “You gotta show her you're a man L, right now she sees you as safe- safe enough to hug, to tell everything, to sleep over.” she stated with a grin and a raised eyebrow.

 

“you know about that?”

 

“Our rooms are right next to each other L, of course I know that she sleeps over, I won't tell mom and dad though.” she then became serious, “Show her you're interested in her, she probably won't go for you at first so be persistent, be bold brother.”

 

“Bold...” Myungsoo mumbled, unsure if he could do as CL told him to... He'd find he'd need to soon as Kim Himchan and Jung Byunghee weren't the only ones he had to worry about.

 

 

 

It was a strange atmosphere at Grandmother's house as Amber sat with both her Grandmother and Junsu in the living room having coffee and scones. It's not something she usually did unless it was one of her yearly visits with Grandmother, but then again, she lived there now so perhaps it was stranger that it didn't happen often. Her company was talking back and forth about the stock market and laughing as if what ever they were saying made any sense at all while Amber looked all around her at Grandmother's porcelain frogs atop every bit of elevated surface.

 

She didn't want to be there, Grandmother still irritated her and while she didn't really mind Junsu he seemed particularly jumpy that evening. Why couldn't Grandmother let her be, all Amber wanted to do was go out, see her friends and maybe even see if she could catch Himchan up on history if she could get him to look at his book for more then a minute.

 

“So how are you liking the school you're teaching at?” Grandmother's fake pleasant demeanor made Amber's toes curl.

 

“it's um... good, can we please just discus what I came here for...” Amber found her self noticing that that he hadn't looked at her even once since he got there.

 

“ah, yes, the wedding.”

 

there was a deafening silence and Amber felt as though the world had stopped for a moment- there was no way, no way at all, “You're getting married Junsu?” she tried to reason with her self that that was it, that it had nothing to do with her... yet why was she there...

 

“I wanted to go about it slow Amber, but...”

 

“oh nonsense, the sooner the better.” Grandmother interrupted, “It's a good idea, our families have been connected for generations it would be ideal for you to marry into a family like this Amber.”

 

She tried to find some bit of concern in Grandmother's eyes, that she cared that she was doing something like this.

 

“I-I don't... when did this all get decided?” Amber questioned as she looked from Grandmother to Junsu. How come she didn't know about this, why did Junsu seem to know but not her? He was supposed to be on her side, wasn't he?

 

“It was a fleeting thought really, when you two were just kids playing in the backyard, I said over to Haneul 'ah, they'd make a good pair' we laughed it off at first but as you got older, Amber, we couldn't help noticing how attached you were of Junsu,” Grandmother laughed and dipped her scone into her coffee before taking a little nibble, “really, I even told you, you'd been trilled and demanded a wedding right away, I still remember that toilet paper veil you made.”

 

Amber tried to think back, back far enough when she and Junsu would pretend and laugh and go on grand adventures... then a small memory of a toilet paper veil and looking up at him as he grinned down at her... had it been then, back when she dreamed of being attached to that boy at such a young age? He'd been so fun, so cool but their time away from one another had made her forget those feelings.

 

The young tomboy bit her lip and looked towards Junsu, “You... Do you really wanna marry me?” it was difficult to say that word, a year ago she'd been set on the idea that she'd never walk down the isle, it'd be such a weird thing for a childish girl like her to even consider.

 

Junsu though, he smiled one of his gentle unearthly handsome smiles and placed a hand on hers before nodding and saying, “I wasn't sure at first, but seeing you again... it's really convinced me that our families knew us well.” he brought her hand up and pressed his lips against her knuckles, “I'd be the luckiest man on earth to marry you Amber Liu, please consider it.”

 

Consider it? Amber looked towards her Grandmother, certain she knew what was going through that old woman's head. There was no “considering it” on this end, Grandmother wanted her to get hitched to this boy, Grandmother had a lot to gain from a union like this after all. Turning away in rebellion Amber gave a hard pressed smile and shook her head, “I'm sorry Junsu, I'm very much taken at the moment.” she nearly let out a squeak when Grandmother stood to her feet.

 

“Just like her Grandfather of course.” Grandmother growled then hobbled over towards her kitchen, “How about I leave you two alone, we wouldn't want you jumping into any commitments with out thinking now.” and with that Grandmother left the two in stunned silence.

 

“... Junsu... Why?” Amber whispered and pulled her hand from his, glaring daggers at her now former ally.

 

“Amber... I need this, father... he doesn't think I can amount to anything, he told me if I got through school, get a good job on my own and if I meet a nice girl and marry her he'd... he'd take my idea to run the agency a bit more seriously.” Junsu looked down in shame, he'd never wanted to hurt Amber, he'd always been rather fond of her really.

 

“Why me, I'm not really ideal bride material.”

 

“It was your Grandmother's idea, she keeps sending father your grades cause apparently that's what's important to him- pictures, letters, you name it! He's been keeping a creepy eye on you since you entered highschool and has been dropping hints left and right that your his choice... really it's your fault, if you didn't get such good grades he'd probably turn a blind eye to you.” he combed a shaky hand through his hair and gave a half smile, “I'm the last guy who'd wanna get married Amber, not just to you, to anyone really... I don't wanna... I don't wanna disappoint another person but I've got no choice, father doesn't take me seriously and you're the only puzzle piece I have left to gain his favor... And if it helps, I do think I'd be lucky to marry you, you're easy to talk to.”

 

“I can't just marry you Junsu, you're my friend and all but marriage actually means something to me, I'd never just marry someone so they could get a better job.”

 

Junsu got down on his knees and reached for her hands once more, clasping them tightly in his, “I'd never force you Amber, I care about you... but just, just don't put it out of your mind completely, please just consider me... it's my dream.”

 

How could he ask her to marry him, he didn't love her and she didn't love him... but most of all, something she was slightly ashamed of, she was angered by the fact that she wouldn't gain anything from this. What could marrying Junsu get her? A life with out love and it'd just be catering to Grandmother's fancy, marriage to Junsu would be giving in to that woman who selfishly threw her own son out onto the streets...

 

The look on her old friends face softened her heart though, and Amber felt she couldn't outright refuse his request, “I'm not makin' any promises, Junsu.” She bit her lip as he pulled his arms around her in a hug, wondering just what the hell she'd just opened up.

 

 

 

“I just don't get it.” She sighed into her phone as she stared up at the ceiling, “how can she do something like this to me.”

 

“She's a Amber, all she cares about is money.” Kevin gave his own sigh, wishing he could be there to cheer up his friend, he hated that she was hurting, “Have you told GO about it?”

 

Amber closed her eyes, “no, I don't really know how to tell him- oh hey, by the way, my old friend proposed to me but it's no big deal! I don't even know how he'll react to something like this, I mean would be be pissed, would he just call it all off right there...” did she really know anything about Jung Byunghee, she claimed he was her boyfriend yet he probably knew more about her then she did of him... not to mention she still didn't know if he was entirely serious about this relationship. He stated all the time that he loved her... but was that true? How could you love someone so quickly? What was love anyways? She understood loving her friend and family, but loving your boyfriend or husband, how do you know if you're inlove with them?

 

“You need to tell him Burry, if he's as serious about you as he sounds you owe it to him at least to tell him.” stupid all knowing Kevin, he was a regular walking Angel.

 

“I'll tell him in a bit... I just need a while to think about it.”

 

“I should leave you to your thoughts then, love you Burry.”

 

“Love you Kev, say hi to Eli for me.”

 

“I will, bye.”

 

Amber layed her phone down and pondered more about what was being asked of her, and what she should do about it. She felt bad for Junsu, he worked really hard at school and seemed really sad earlier... maybe she should see if she could set him up with a nice girl. She knew that Junsu's dad was set on her but maybe she could find someone else... someone that Junsu was actually attracted to and willing to marry.

 

She found her self smiling- perhaps that's how she could solve this puzzle, in the end maybe all of this will work out after all.

 

 

 

(AN- I really like ending chapters like this, it almost feels like everything's content with the world, though looming over head is another rain cloud of course... anyways, I'd had this whole “Junber arranged marriage” thing planned way back at the beginning of Ferly1 though it was pretty different back then. Junsu was actually very much a jerk... now though, I kinda want to go away from that cause Arranged marriage fics always have the main girl promised to either a jerk or someone disgusting- here I wanted a likable guy who's made a couple of bad choice, who I think a lot of girls wouldn't mind dated and marrying, and I mean, I think even Amber wouldn't mind being with him if Grandmother hadn't been in in the picture...

 

anyways, more updates to be had for this little new years update-a-thon, I'm hoping to be able to get the Christmas chapter out before 2013!!! wish me luck^^)