Chapter twelve

Ferly 2

Comments on comments~

Ambertastic_baby-I've been wanting to add more Thunder into the story but every time I start playing with his character something comes up- it's the same with Joon and Seungho actually -.-

I haven't even touched the surface with Granny and Junsu, I'm probably the most excited about playing with their characters the most^^

and GO... just wait a bit, some things aren't what they appear ;) sometimes the worst “villains” are the ones with good intentions

and you always seem to find ways to flatter and overflate my ego, thank you for that^^

Nanamato- good, cause Hanbin might possibly have his own “arc” sometime soon~

Grangran is complicated- which is a nice way of saying I don't much like her <3

and Junsu... I think I gave away a lot already so I'm gonna stop right there^^

 

Chapter 12

 

“So he pop your cherry yet.”

 

“huh?” Amber looked away from the Lee/Kim household's tv at the very pregnant girl sitting beside her. Lee Chaerin in turn was looking expectantly at Amber, as though she already knew the answer but wanted to hear it out of Amber's mouth, “Cherry... er, no, of course not.” she choked out, her face beat red.

 

CL actually looked surprised, “really? He hasn't even tried getting in your pants since he's been back?”

 

“he's only been back for a few days.” Amber murmured and turned back to the tv, trying to ignore CL's prying nature.

 

“Come on Amber, we consider each other friends now right? Dish, you know I don't spread gossip.”

 

When had they become friends again? With that thought though, she did wish she could talk about these kind of things with a friend, all of her other friends were guys so it was a little awkward and strange, “I mean he's been more... touchy since he's gotten back, I keep telling him no but he's persistent... is it normal for guys to be that obsessed with... ?” God it occurred to her now how absurd that was, why would he wanna have with someone like her?

 

“He's a guy who's willing to date you, did you expect him to only want to hold hands? Guys like GO aren't used to taking it slow, they're used to quick satisfaction, they don't like working for it.” CL shrugged and ate her favorite food lately, jalapeños, completely on it's own.

 

“I'm just... It's crazy enough to want to date me, but to want to... with me, it's just... it couldn't be very appealing, I mean I can understand why someone would want to get with you, you're beautiful... but me, I mean I'm flat in so many areas and I wouldn't even know what to do and-”

 

“Look, before you go on, there's something you need to know Amber and that's no matter what you think, you're beautiful in your own way. There's gonna be people who don't appreciate that, it's inevitable but in the end it doesn't matter what those people think. GO... he sees that beauty, he sees you for who you are and the fact that you're flat won't change that.” CL smile and patted Amber's head, “That's not really what you're worried about though, right? You're just not ready kid, take your time and don't give it all to the first guy to show interest in you.”

 

“You're really taking this mothering thing on quick.” Amber smiled, feeling relief from CL's words.

 

“Ah, it's the jalapeños, they put me in a good mood.” CL shrugged and leaned back in her seat, “the real thing you should worry about though is when GO and Himchan kill each other.”

 

“eh...”

 

“don't play stupid, Himchan's head over heels for you and you know it.”

 

“fine,” Amber sighed, “I don't know what I'm going to do, I mean I really care about both of them...”

 

“You have to make a choice, your boyfriend or the boy who wants to be your boyfriend- which one means more to you.”

 

Ah, the no nonsense remark was a relief compared to her own nonsensical brain at the moment, “Who means more to me... they're both important...”

 

“You can't have both Amber, it's cruel to both of them. Thank of it this way, who do you think you'd hate leaving most, GO or Himchan... who by the way are both the worst choices in the world, you could do better, but that's just my opinion.”

 

“They're both nice guys once you get to know them... they've just been through so much...”

 

“yeah yeah, they had sad childhoods, poor little babies! Are you gonna sleep with either of them simply because you feel sorry for them? Are you going to stay with them simply because they mean well? It might be hard for you to believe but there are other guys out there that will love you with all their hearts and a majority of them don't have that extra baggage you seem so desperate to shoulder.”

 

Amber shook her head, “I care about them, their childhoods don't change my feelings about them.”

 

“bull .”

 

“It's the truth, I mean Himchan doesn't really talk about his past but I can tell there's a lot there, he just needs a friend to keep him going-”

 

“Which he has, that guy with the y deep voice is in charge of that.”

 

“-And G, everyone just sees the fact that he sleeps around, no one takes the time to ask him why he sleeps around.”

 

“he's a guy, does he need a reason other then he's ?”

 

“Well there is more to it and it's personal, he's been working really hard to get through it and if I can help just a little bit I'd be happy.”

 

“And what does helping entail exactly? What ever he went through, what ever he's going through, what exactly will sleeping with him help? That's what he's been asking for right? ? Hint after hint telling you he wants to take your ity- tell me Amber, if he were trying to change why would he be trying so hard to go back to his old self?” the truth was CL hoped her words would strangle the relationship but in the end she knew her words could backfire and actually strengthen Amber's reselve to stick by her guy.

 

“He wouldn't... I mean it's not like he's forcing me...”

 

“Amber... just protect your self ok? think things through before you jump into anything... and if he dares to ing give you the 'if you loved me you'd have with me' line ing dump him right then and there.” She let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding and bit her lip, “If I had a chance I'd go back in time and tell the younger me that it's really not true- isn't a bargaining tool, it's not a price for love, it's the result... if he really loves you he'll understand if you aren't ready.”

 

“...You weren't ready?”

 

“I'm still not ready.” Cl sighed and placed her hands on her stomach, “I've never been ready and as the days get closer... I can only hope I'll be mature enough, I can only hope that I'll be able to get through everything that is given and taken from me... if I'd had a chance I'd go back in time and tell my self to wait for the right guy, that holding back doesn't make me weak or a prude.”

 

“You're gonna be a good mom Chaerin...”

 

CL laughed and wiped the wetness from her eyes, “That's what Myungsoo says, You two seem to see something I don't.” CL shook her head, “To be honest, I am pretty excited to meet them, I wanna teach them sign language and read to them every night, get them matching clothes and all that.”

 

“Yeah, I can't wait to meet my little nephews as well, bet you they'll take after their favorite aunty Amber!” She grinned and jumped to her feet, “speaking of babies, I told Himchannie I'd meet him at the church!”

 

“What's Himchan got to do with babies?”

 

Amber paused, “eh... I guess that did come out weird- Donghae needed help today so he offered, it was really nice of him actually- anyways, talk to you later Chaerinnie, see you at school tomorrow!” she flashed the other girl a bright smile then pulled on her coat.

 

“Yah, Amber, before you go, what do you plan to do about this whole G.O. Himchan thing? It's best you nip it in the bud now while it's still early...”

 

“eh...”

 

“How about this, we'll go on a double date, you, GO, Himchan and I, we'll test the waters a little and see how well those two play together.”

 

“You sure... I mean... Channie can be a bit...”

 

“of a jerk?” she laughed, “I can handle Himchan, please, I dated your uncle for crying out loud.”

 

Amber smiled, “Alright, thanks Chae, I'll talk it over with them.”

 

“I think... maybe a surprise is in order... don't tell them anything, just have them show up and we'll go from there.”

 

“You think? Ok, I guess you probably know more about this stuff then me, see you later then.”

 

“Bye!” CL smiled until Amber was out of sight then let out a sigh, rubbing her belly gently. She had no intention of trying to help Amber's relationship with the two along, no, hopefully this little experiment will kill two birds with one stone. In the end, even if she can't get Himchan in the cross fire she was sure she could break up GO and Amber at least... with the bomb she'd set off she wasn't sure even someone like Amber could forgive him.

 

 

 

Himchan was in hell. He sat slumped at a table far to small for him, his long legs stretched out under it, but the biggest annoyance would have to be the little girls that surrounded him, squealing as they painted his nails and did unmentionable things to his hair, “Next is the makeup!” the leader announced and reached her chubby fingers for a big shiny box that sat on the table.

 

Himchan's hand shot out, “wait, don't you think you've done enough, I mean I'm already naturally pretty, I don't need makeup!” one look from the mob silenced him, he let out a sigh and let them have their way with him.

 

“Hey Channie, sorry I'm late, CL and I started talking and... pwhahaha, is that you?”

 

oh great!

 

She stood there looking adorable as ever laughing her head off at these little demons' art project, “Isn't your boyfriend's pretty, he's really nice.” ah, so this one was kinda cute, he decided he'd let her live at least.

 

“So pretty, I don't even recognize him.” Amber chuckled and knelt down, “but where's my hug, it's been a while.” Himchan smiled as he watched the mob of girls run to his Amber and hug the life out of her. There was just something so incredibly endearing when she was with kids, “Now why don't you girls say goodbye, your parents are all here waiting for you.”

 

“Aww!”

 

“now girls, you don't wanna get me in trouble do you?” she grinned, hugging them all again before motioning for them all to leave.

 

“I bet you she just wants us to leave so she and her boyfriend can kiss~” one of the little girls teased as she and the others left.

 

“Cute kids.” Amber laughed and got to her feet, laughing again when she spotted Himchan, “They really got you bad.”

 

“they ambushed me, claiming we'd be coloring... I thought they meant on paper...” Himchan sighed and struggled as he got up from his seat at the table, taking it with him.

 

Amber chuckled again and helped him unattach himself from the table then began to scrutinize his appearance, “Green just isn't your color though Channie.”

 

“Shut up Amber and help me before anyone else sees this.” he couldn't help ginning from ear to ear, even if he looked ridiculous he loved that she was seeing him like this, seeing him being the good guy. He'd risk his rep if it meant he'd look good in her eyes... though he wasn't gonna jump to sport this style on a daily basis.

 

“come on, the bathroom's this way.” she chuckled as she lead him by the arm to the bathroom, gaining funny looks from the others still at the church as they passed by. Amber wondered offhandedly if GO would allow a bunch of squealing girls give him a make over? He seemed a bit to much like the serious type and part of her wasn't even sure if he liked kids. Who could dislike children though, they were so bright and fun and sure, of course there were down sides but in the end she just couldn't bring her self to believe anyone could not want to be around kids.

 

When they reached the bathroom Amber flipped the light switch and had Himchan sat down ontop of the seat cover of the toilet then the faucet, “You have a good day- I didn't think you'd be just watching the girls.” She hummed while she waited for the water to get warm then took out a wash cloth and got it wet.

 

“I didn't think so either, appaently though it's some girls club.”

 

“oh yeah?” that was weird, though now that she thought of it the whole situation was strange- why would Donghae let a teenage boy watch a bunch of little girls?

 

“Yeah, I figured he'd have a bunch of little guys here but it's just be us, that Sunye chick and the girls all day.” Himchan shrugged, closed his eyes then moved his face up so she had better access to it. It was strange but she just shrugged it off- maybe like CL, Donghae sensed Himchan's feelings for her and wanted to get to know him better. She went to work washing his face, smiling slightly as she looked at each detail on his handsome face, for a moment getting lost until he chuckled out a, “You need a little help there Amber?”

 

She nearly dropped the wash cloth, noticing in embarrassment that she'd been washing on his forehead for far to long, “heh, those kids really got you good, it's hard to get off.” she lied.

 

“ah, well then, take your time.” she blushed at his smirk.

 

“We should meet up this friday night, we can go grab a bite to eat somewhere.” Himchan's eyes shot open, startling Amber and causing her to accidentally poked his left eye, “Oh , you ok Channie?” she panicked and nearly tripped as she tried to back peddle away from him.

 

“ahh~” Himchan rubbed his eye then shook away the pain and was able to grab Amber before she left the room altogether, “this friday? Yeah, let's go out!”

 

Her legs nearly gave out- she'd just asked him out... but that's what CL had asked her to do... but this just seemed wrong, she wasn't a two timer and she cared about Himchan and GO. Looking at Channie though, even though his left eye was bloodshot and half of his face was covered in a bad makeup job he still looked so damn excited and giddy. God, if he knew, if he knew what this date was for.

 

“With others, I mean Myungsoo, CL, Dongwoo if he has the night off- you can invite Yongguk and the other guys too.” she forced out, not wanting to lead him into more disappointment.

 

For a moment he did look as though he were disappointed but then smiled, “yeah, I'll talk it over with the guys, see what they got going on that night.” he grabbed the discarded wash cloth and waved Amber away, “I can finish up, don't wanna lose my other eye.”

 

she forced a smile and nodded, “yeah, we'll talk more about it at school then.” she couldn't get out of there fast enough and by the time she was out and down the hall she was red as a tomato and breathing haphazardly. Even she wasn't naive enough to not see it, he liked her... the big question of the day though was did she like him?

 

“friend-zoning doesn't seem to be working?” she jumped then relaxed at the sight of Donghae who grinned at her.

 

“I'm a terrible person.” she sighed and hugged him, feeling instant comfort from him, “I can't believe I'm capable of playing someone, I mean I never thought just being loyal and nice to someone would back fire.”

 

Donghae gave her a tight squeeze and sighed, “it happens.”

 

“I don't know what I'm doing.” she grumbled into his chest then pulled away, “I should just quit this whole dating thing completely, I'll buy a cat or something.”

 

“I'll help you pick one out,” Donghae grinned and patted her head, “Your boyfriend's coming, see you around kid.”he messed her hair once more before heading away, waving at Himchan as he walked towards them.

 

“You ready?” Himchan smiled easily, having bounced back from the disappointment.

 

He held out his arm to her and she didn't think twice about grabbing, “yeah, let's get outta here Channie~”

 

 

 

(AN- Was it a bit premature to say there would be constant updates? In my defense I've been under a lot of stress -.-

 

this chapter has actually been finished for over a week but I just had so many things distracting me (good and bad) so it just chilled on my desktop waiting for me to give another read over all week long -.-

 

on the bright side, we got some Channieber here! Though this chapter was really just a stepping stool to the next chapter which, if you haven't guessed, is gonna change the entire game altogether!

 

So yeah, promise to work through this extra night off from work on the next chapter!)