The Truth Of The Past

The Child of Namyrur

Thunderous sound across the sky was answered on Earth, where soldiers cried viciously to rally for war and swords clashed against tough crystal staff conjured by the great mages of Namyrur. The Nairn Kingdom was always envious of what the Namyrur Kingdom was bestowed from the heavens, both in fortune and in intelligence. Little did they give regard for one another and although the Namyrurians favoured peace, they could do nothing in the face of braver, tougher men forcing their way and bringing about the way they liked.

This was dark times. Times when children cried an awful lot, when harvests stolen and destroyed, when chopping woods in the open was a suicide act, it rained a lot but it brought along not only abundance in water source both for magic conjuring and daily needs, but also great gloom and dark, dark times day and night. This was time of war too.

Jaejoong, the only royal left of Namyrur Kingdom was loss at words and options. An attack was the least he desired in all honesty. His people suffered greatly in the last movement and he couldn't bear to see their terror brought back to this land. Hadn't it been only a month? Tho guiltily, he admitted that maybe Namyrur's reign was really coming to an end.

"My King." A hasty voice called for him and gracefully, he turned to his back and his eyes met the sight of a bowing knight, the faithful one he kept close for his own safety.

"Onew." He heaved a sigh of gladness. "What have become on the battlefield?" He asked, fear put pass behind his thoughts. It wasn't obvious, but the left sleeve of Onew's shirt stained a spray of red that King Jaejoong was sure it came from a once living man.

"I can't begin to report, Sire. However, I assume it is the right time you take your leave."

He gasped silently, his shoulders tensing. "Have they breached in?"

"Any moment, Sire." Onew replied, shaking his head that worry swam in. The King was really pushed to the limit now. He would give up anything to save Namyrur but now, peace seemed somewhat distant, too distant. What was the use of the crown he wore on his head? He calmed himself down, closed his eyes and heaved the breath he didn't realize he held in.

"Now that it has come to this, we must stand strong. No matter what the cost." He decreed. "However do not count on the idea of me departing. I have no intention of leaving my kingdom to save myself."

Onew wanted to cross those words but he was wise not to speak against his King. Whether he was a close friend or not, he was still King. He gave a look of plead in hope that his superior would reconsider.

"I'm afraid you cannot persuade me otherwise, Onew." King Jaejoong replied, smiling sadly.

"Then, My Lord, ride to The Holy. Please, it's the only place that we can hope to hold." The knight begged.

King Jaejoong contemplated. He had an idea in his mind, one that he considered wretched but even if he practiced patience since the day he was born, he can never hold it down. The Nairns had angered him so, so much. They come bearing harm by sun and haunted his dreams by candle-light. He believed it is time to let loose, not because he has given up hope in Namyrur, but chose to enlighten himself that a time will come when Namyrur will come to haunt the Nairns instead.

 

"Onew, I have a wish that I want to see granted." King Jaejoong announced quietly. His knight listened, aware of the fact that his King was wise and reasonable.

"Anything, My Lord."

"The spell. I believe it is the right time now." The King declared. Onew's jaw gape at the words and as much as he resented the spell of which he knew manifested traits of a curse than a blessing, he preferred it than to die without knowing that one day, justice will side on Namyrur. "Ride with me to The Holy." King Jaejoong expressed.

"But Sire, to whom will you bequeath the duty? Not many will make good out of immortality." Onew asked. King Jaejoong smiled softly, tho his heart was saddened so much.

"I have you, Onew. My faith for you lies true." It wasn't so surprising to Onew. He had pondered about this. No matter, he alone knew that he would never betray his King or the Kingdom he had always loved and lived in. "But the responsibility will not fall on your shoulders alone. You will merely be a guide. I need my blood to survive and for that, I am more than willing to bequeath on my child." The King continued.

"My Lord, you do not mean…”

"We have no choice Onew." The King's voice has gone raspy now. He was choked with fear and his mind clouded with insecurities. This option seemed the only thing he could grasp to and hope to be of help. Onew gazed deeply into the eyes of his superior, his dry lips in hesitant. His loyalty lies in his superior, and only for him he will serve. Even tho he's not sure of what will become of this all, he trusts the King.

There was a loud bang echoing far beyond the throne room and a cry of terror. "The Nairns have breached the castle!!" The King and his Knight exchanged hasty glances to one another. Both faces bear the waste of terror.

"We have no moment to lose then, My Lord. Let's make for The Holy." Onew decided bravely and he will no longer parry the impatience he bears for Nairns.

They rushed to Jaejoong's chamber and recovered the child that could never be King. As they rushed to their horses and rode out the hidden castle back gate, King Jaejoong swore to both the Earth and Sky that one day, Namyrur will see to it that Nairns regret their charges and cruelty to his Kingdom and learn that their good patience once lost is lost forever.

 
 
 
~o~
 
A/N: Off to a good start!! I hope... No worries, Tae and Minho will come out in the next chaps to come. ^^
 
Thank you subscribers! Here, Imagine you're in between them.