It's you

It's you

While I was traveling around, I’ve got to know lots of people, who cherish what they have, and people who spent all their money on the things they don’t need. I’ve seen people starving, and people who had big house, though they were living alone.

But mostly … I’ve got to know lots of people who loves to help, even if you’re a stranger, even if you’re beggar, even if you’ll die any second … they’ll help you no matter what, just to keep you alive, so you could experience more from the world.

“Are you really sure, you want to go to Asia this time?” a female’s worried voice woke me from my day dreaming.

“I’m sure,” I smiled as I looked at woman, in her late 40’s, nearly 50's, with brown curly short hair. That is my mom. We’re living alone; dad passed away when I was 13 years old, which was 8 years ago, while my brother moved to Germany. I don’t really know what he’s doing there, but I know he’s having fun and working, since I went on holidays to his place.

“Well, as always,” she started and I continued with her: “If anything happens, call me.” smiling.

“I will call you,” I said and hugged her. “And thank you for letting me to travel around the world.” I, mostly whispering, said in her ear.

“You deserve it.” She whispered back, patting my back. “Now go, otherwise you’ll miss your flight.” She chuckled.

“I’m going~” I sang and walked out of the house, since taxi was already waiting me.

“Where to Miss?” the driver asked.

“To the Brnik airport,” I smiled. The driver nodded and drove off. I looked at mom, who was standing in front of doors, smiling and waved when she saw me looking. I waved back, knowing that it’s really hard leaving her alone, since she quickly becomes lonely.

I’m sorry, mom. I’ll come back, like I always promised you. I thought as I bit my lower lip, while looking out of the window. Since my flight was at 6.20pm I had to be at least two hours before there, to buy a ticket. I bought it with only one stop, which was in Zürich. From then on, I traveled with 11 hours long flight, till I reached Incheon airport in South Korea.

When I reached South Korea, I looked around, seeing everything full. I grabbed my suitcase and put my bag over my shoulder and started walking towards exit. Seeing lots of people, mostly young girls, at one exit it made me wonder what was going on, so I carefully made my way towards them, until someone bumped into me, making me fall to the ground.

“Oh great,” I cursed in English.

“I’m sorry,” a male voice spoke, with Korean decent, and offered his hand. I looked up and saw him wearing glasses. He had lightly brown hair, a little longer than my mom, who you can easily mistake for a girl.

“It’s okay, but watch where you’re going.” I smiled and took his hand. He pulled me up, looking around. “Thank you,” I added.

“Sorry, English … not.” He shook with his head as well as waving with his hand.

“Oh,” I muttered and smacked the side of my head, remembering that people in Korea don’t talk a lot of English. I looked back at him, seeing him still looking around, like he was searching for someone. I slowly poked him, making him startling and looked at me.

“See you,” I smiled waving. He nodded, smiling awkwardly. I took my luggage and started walking towards exit, forgetting about the crowd.

“Super Junior!!!” I suddenly heard a squeal of girls. I turned around, seeing the same man, with black haired one, getting cornered with high school girls. I shrugged and walked towards doors, where I stepped out. It was middle of summer, so it was nicely warm, almost hot.

As I tried to call taxi, someone put a hand on my shoulder, making me frozen. I slowly turned around, seeing a black haired man, with brown eyes, looking at me.

“Y-yes?” I stuttered. He turned around, with me following his look, where I saw the same light brunette. They spoke few words between each other, with brunette nodding in agreement.

“Sorry for stopping you,” he spoke as he looked back at me, smiling.

“It’s okay,” I smiled, a little happy that someone can speak English at last.

“Uhm,” he started and thought for a second of how he should start talking. “Heechul-ah,” he stopped again and pointed at the brunette guy, “bumped into you before. He is really sorry for that.” He said.

“It’s okay,” I smiled. “I should be looking around as well, but I was just too amazed by how big Incheon airport is.” I said.

“Is this your first time in South Korea?” he asked.

“Yes,” I nodded. “Since very young age, I was traveling around the country at first, but now, for three years, I’m traveling around the world.” I said.

“Would you like to come with us?” he suddenly asked, making me surprised.

“H-huh?” I stuttered.

“We just came back and are heading to our dorm.” He smiled.

“We? You mean you and … that guy?” I asked as I looked at brunette.

“It’s not just us.” He smiled again. “We just got popular, and it still seems like we’re dreaming.” He said.

“How many of you are in the group?” I asked, somehow afraid.

“Twelve,” he answered simply.

“So many!” I gasped and right then the doors opened, revealing three guys, who stopped at the brunette one and then looked into my way.

“So?” he asked.

“Thanks, but I already reserved hotel.” I lied. Idiot! You didn’t reserve a hotel room! You didn’t even know where you’ll go! Can’t you come up with better excuse!? I mentally slapped myself.

“Okay,” he smiled, seeing right thru me, and turned around. They spoke few words with each other, when suddenly screaming got more and more loud, making them worriedly looking behind. I followed their look and my eyes widened, as I saw few boys walking towards exit. The doors opened and all of them passed by, while I struggled to go away from fans. Before they sat in their van, light brunette looked in my way, like he wanted to say something.

“That was tense…” I murmured to myself and shivered to get the feeling off.

When I was standing there for few minutes, I finally got taxi. Since it was hard, because I didn’t know Korean and he didn’t know English, I just said hotel … and I was dropped out in front of expensive hotel, which I can’t afford, but who cares…you had to try, right?

I walked inside, being amazed by its luxury, like inside of modern castle in England or in Austria. The receptionist and the staff gladly accepted me and gave the cheapest room, which was as luxury as the whole hotel; I didn’t even want to know how much costs a suite; probably millions or hundreds of Korean money.

Time passed by and I got used to the living in Korea and even learned a little Korean. And on my, even bigger, surprise I saw guys, who were on the airport, on the TV, under the group name Super Junior. A smile spread across my face as I recognized the light brunette man; this time with black hair. His name was Heechul, Kim Heechul.

***

“Mom, I’m coming home,” I spoke thru phone as it got picked up.

“Lana?” her surprised voice asked.

“Yes,” I smiled widely. “It’s me,” I said and looked on the board where flights were shown. “I’ll be home in few days.”

“I haven’t heard a word from you in three years and then you suddenly call, saying you’re coming home…” she sighed. “You never acted like this before.” She said worried.

“I’m sorry, but it’s just that I forgot about the time, while I was here.” I smiled. “On top of that, I even traveled to Japan, China, Taiwan, Nepal, India and Russia.” I said.

“Then you have to tell me everything when you come back, instead over the phone.” She laughed.

“I can’t wait to even see you!” I squealed and looked thru window; it was winter. “Oh yeah … what kind of weather is there?” I asked.

“It’s snowing, just like every winter.” She answered.

“Well, I hope I’ll be able to come home.” I said, sounding a little worried.

“Of course you will.” Mom chuckled. “I have to go now, since Mark came back home.” She said.

“He’s home?” I was surprised.

“Yeah, he came last week to see if we’re still living, but as he was expecting you weren’t home.” She laughed, making me laugh as well. “We’ll come to pick you up. Call few hours before, so we’ll get ready.” She added.

“I will,” I smiled and looked around the airport. “See you,” I added and send a kiss thru phone, hanging up. Seeing an empty seat, in the middle of full seats, I quickly made my way, but just few inches in front of me, a dark brunette man sat down, making me froze.

“What the,” I murmured to myself and sighed, looking down.

“Oh, did I take your seat?” male voice spoke. I looked up and saw dark brunette, standing up as he was looking at me.

“It’s okay,” I smiled and waved with head. The silence occurred. I looked at him as he was frozen, looking straightly at me thru his glasses. “U-uhm, e-excuse me?” I waved in front of him.

“It’s you,” he whispered and put the sunglasses down, revealing his face. My eyes widened as I saw the one and only Kim Heechul standing in front of me.

“It’s you,” I muttered and smiled without knowing.

“I did the same thing as I did three years ago.” He laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

“At least, I know how to speak a little Korean now.” I smiled. “I’m Lana,” I offered my hand for a handshake.

“I’m Heechul,” he smiled and handshake his hand with mine. “It’s nice to meet you again.” He said.

“You too,” I smiled. “Where are you going this time?” I asked and looked around, to see if his friends are here as well.

“I’m going on a vacation to Europe.” He smiled.

“Me too,” I smiled widely. “Actually, I’m going home…” I added.

“Kibum told me that you’re traveling around the world.” He said.

“Yeah, I do.” I smiled.

Kibum and I became good friends after the airport time. We saw each other few times and exchanged numbers. I got to know him more and the rest of Super Junior, but mostly, I was only in touch with Kibum, so others didn’t even know my name.

Kibum was like my second brother who is protective towards me, which he showed every weekend, calling me for god-knows-how-many times that I was even wondering, why doesn’t his phone burn or broke. We met few times, going on a drink, but one year later, our talking and chatting stopped. He got even busier and I went to China and rest of Asia.

“But this time, I stayed in Asia for three years, without contacting my mom, so when I was calling her before she was quite surprised hearing me.” I said; he smiled

“If you don’t mind, where do you live?” he suddenly asked.

“I don’t know if you know where this country is, but in Slovenia.” I smiled lightly.

“Do you mind if I come along?” he asked.

“I-I don't,” I stuttered, blushing a little.

“Good to hear,” he smiled, making my heart skip a beat.

“I-It’s our flight,” I stuttered.

“Let’s go then,” he smiled and took my hand. My cheeks turned even more reddish as I looked around to see if there’s anyone that would recognize us, but luckily, it wasn’t. A smile appeared on my face as we sat down, next to each other on the plane that was meant for Frankfurt, where we’ll go on the plane for my home.

Traveling around the world is not a bad thing. You experience love. You get to know lots of people who stay in your heart for ever, remembering them even after we’re each on the other side. You learn a lot of things as well; but the mostly, you learn about love towards one person and how to cheirsh memories.