Another Snow In Winter

Winter Love Story

Seoul, December 12th 1990

 
A lovely-couple walked hand-in-hand  on the street of Seoul city, sharing their warmth each other in fact that the city they were living has come to its winter season. The street and some spots weren’t that dark, sparkling lights were everywhere and it made the city more beautiful than the daylight.
 
“So, what did we get today?” asked Jihoon.
“Not that much, but we can still catch our dinner.” Dongwook replied, a little smile. He felt a bit sad but there wasn’t a reason he was gonna show that to his lover.
Jihoon’s head bent down, staring at the ground. “It means we don’t have enough money to pay our house’s rent.” he said weakly while biting his lips. The fresh memory about the house’s owner came to them this morning and told such a thing. They hand’t pay for 3 months, and worse they were gonna be kicked after all.
Sighed in guilty, Dongwook stopped his steps and pulled his husband into a warm embrace, “We can face it up, honey.” he Jihoon’s back up and down, “We’re going to break any wall before us.”
Jihoon pulled away, his eyes was getting watery, “But it’s currently winter, how can we survive?” he let out a quite sob.
Dongwook couldn’t hold himself seeing his lover’s painful face, it hurt to the bottom of his heart. Quickly, he wiped Jihoon’s tears with his thumb “Ya~ why so afraid about the winter? No need to, okay? You already got a warmth without looking for sheets or blankets or any thing that called to keep away from the coldness. My body, my hugs, had it all.” he smiled slyly.
“The hell?! You’re ert and even world can roll its eyes.” Jihoon replied and pouted slightly and burried himself into his husband’s warm hug.
Dongwook just chuckled, “Yeah, way to ruin the moment. Keep telling that i’m ert because it’s a part from your liking towards me, haha.” and Jihoon hit his chest playfully. Another crystal clear successfully poured out again from his eyes, but he didn’t give a little care.
 
 
They kept standing like that for 15 minutes more-or-less, until an odd sound echoed.
“Ssshh~ stop crying, baby.” Dongwook calmed his lover, soothing soft on his back.
Jihoon frowned, “Eh? I’m not.” he replied quickly.
It was a crying sound, a little weird, but they heard it good. The couple looked around, trying to search the source of the sound, but none was.
Jihoon pulled away from Dongwook’s hug once again, but this time he moved behind his husband’s back, “Is—is that a ghost?” he stated out.
Dongwook chuckled rolled his eyes playfully “Baby, there is no gho—“
“Ssttt!” Jihhon suddenly cut off “Don’t say such a thing.” and he grabbed his husband’s hand tightly “You know, ghosts are like that. Firstly we tought that they’re just some crap creatures, and bam! They haunt us to the death!” He whispered in a fear tone while shaking slightly. Scared and cold.
“Yeah, what a right time to hear a bedtime story.” said Dongwook shortly, and he gained another hit on his back by Jihoon.
“Stop making fun of my words!” Jihoon stomped his feet, this time he felt a little angry because his husband didn’t really pay attention to him.
Dongwook laughed to himself and turned around to face his lover, “Okay, okay. But let me tell you something.” he made an i-am-so-right-this-time face. “I think it’s a baby’s sound. Like a crying baby. Let’s see” he grabbed Jihoon’s right hand and walking around to find the ‘crying baby’ as said.
The scared-one widened his eyes all of a sudden “Oh my gash, wait! What if it’s a baby ghost? Oh my dearest god, please say no!”
Dongwook huffed out, I can’t believe I married a childish, he tought, “Okay, you stay here then. I’m gonna check it myself.”
“But, baby---“ Jihoon hesitated, “ how is Something terrible is await for you.” he almost yelled and pouted “And yet, you won’t dare to leave me soon as a widow. Hell no, Dongwook!”
“Ahaha, look who is trying to be a comedian right now.” Dongwook laughed a little and continued his research.
While the other was going, Jihoon stood in boringness while scanning his eyes through the view around him. They were in a park now. Not that dark nor scary. Lights were everywhere for sure, just a little bit quite. It was coming to winter so many people anticipate theirselves inside their houses than running outside to catch nothing but cold. He hugged himseld because he was about to catch cold soon, he rubbed his own arms. His body shook abit, okay, is it because of the weather or my fear?, he tought to himself. He pulled his thin jacket closer to his body and sighed.
 
Meanwhile, Dongwook who was still looking for the sound of ‘crying baby’, suddenly stopped himself for take another walk. There was a basket that caught his eyes. It placed on the park bench. He then came closer.
Once he stood before it, he felt his lungs couldn’t catch a breath for a second, taken a back from what he saw.
Jackpot, Dongwook. So great.
Your previous words are like a voodoo.
Now look what you found.
A baby. I mean, a live baby.
Way to applause you.
 
Dongwook stood there like a statue, his body didn’t react anything, shocked. Then something knocked his head up and he finally came back to reality. He took the baby into his arms while taking off his own jacket and wrapped that tiny human being. He glanced everywhere, bench, trees, grass, paths—okay there was no anybody except him, the baby, and his husband but he was a a bit far from his current spot.
“Jihoon, baby!” He shouted out.
 
Hearing that loud voice, Jihoon’s heart pounded even harder as his mind was creating some impossible thing. “Oh, honey!” In no time he raced to where his husband was.
When he almost reached Dongwook, his eyes caught something in his husband’s arms and it made his body control demanded to stop. His breath has no rhytym as he walked slowly to his lover.
Jihoon kept eyeing his husband, he saw the other one’s body was shaking because the random wind that so meant to blow around. Until he arrived right in front of his husband, they gaze each other and to the baby and back to each other’s eyes again.
“What—Is that—How—“ Jihoon said trembling, he couldn’t even mouth a properly word.
Dongwook threw a soft gaze towards him, “Yes, it’s a baby. A baby~” he gave a chance to his lover to see it as the proof.
Jihoon certainly took the baby into his arms and that little cheek “But—this baby—park—alone—why—“ the baby was totally confusing his body and mind.
 
the baby stop crying when Jihoon’s thumb caress his cheek, suddenly the baby grabbed Jihoon’s thumb and god-knows-how-to-make-the-baby-smile. Jihoon could feel his love for the baby without count a second.
Jihoon gazed to his husband, and back to the baby, and decided to end it into his husband’s stare. “What should we do now? he asked shortly.
Dongwook knew what did the question mean. He knew that his lover wanted that baby already. But the important question was ‘how’. How to give the baby a proper meal? How about the milk? How about the comfy bed? How about the nice clothes? how about their job?? And the most, how about the perfect family?  I mean, two fathers, no mother, and especially the fact that they found him in the park. How. to. explain. later. 
 

Once again, inside of Dongwook head smacked him hard back to the reality. Saw his lover kissing that little baby and the way he hugged, Dongwook thought this time he had to listen to his heart.

 
“i think we’re taking care of this baby” He said softly.
Jihoon who was busy admiring the cuteness in his embrace, suddenly pulled his head up and blinked several times to his husband. “Wha—You mean—This baby—is ours-- Is it our baby now?” Sighed proudly because he could finally let out right sentence this time. He looked so intense to Dongwook’s eyes, he was looking for the truth because he didn’t want his husband to be a liar-.
Dongwook nodded while smiling approvingly. He stepped forward and kiss the other’s lips “Yes, we are going to seriously take care of this baby. Our baby. Raise him until he understands what world is.”
Jihoon’s face turned a bit sad, “ but.. what if his parents come back here and they find their baby is gone?.”
“I don’t think that his parents will look for him? If they will, why did they leave him here then? alone, and when they know the snow will go down.... No sense.” Dongwook answered and took the basket while the other already walked away with ‘their’ baby.
 
Jihoon kept looking at the baby, he could feel the sadness lingering around them because the new-born human in his arms was left by his parents and it could be worse if he knew the actual fact someday.
 
Dongwook came beside his lover, “Let’s go home"  he put his arm around Jihoon’s waist, "i’m not hungry anymore"he says while looking at the baby " I’m gonna use my dinner to buy some milk for the baby.”
“I’m not hungry too.” Jihoon stated.
“But—“
“Our baby needs more than just something to full-fill his tummy, He needs to grow up and energy and much more. I’m a strong baby already. Don’t forget it.” Jihoon cut off with a smile on his face. He glanced once again to the baby. Magic.
Dongwook laughed hearing that and took an opportunity to kiss his lover lightly, “I love you.”
“Me more than just love.”
 
 
~~
 
 
Right after they left the park, there was a sudden crowd on the other side of the street.
Jihoon and Dongwook looked at each other with questioning eyes. They saw someone who just walked away from the location.
“What happened?”
“There was a car that came in a full speed and hit a girl”