Shadows

Clan Exo: Bloody Awakening

 

Kai leapt out of the carriage, landing gracefully on the ground, well about as gracefully as one could, considering the dirt drive gave off puffs of unsightly dust whenever anything touched its surface. Suho followed suit, stepping lightly onto the ground, dusting his coat off despite the fact that all dust particles seemed to avoid him like the plague.

Suho began walking toward the house, expecting Kai to follow. “Alors, je sais que tu n’aime pas des soirèes comme ca mais…” He trailed off, realized that Kai had not moved from the spot on which he’d landed after alighting from the carriage.

“Kai?” Concern for the boy seeped into Suho’s voice. “Are you okay?” Kai seemed to be startled from his daze, deep chocolate eyes locking with Suho’s own, at first a bit cloudy, but they soon cleared up. Suho stared back into those brown orbs, feeling more than seeing a deep pain buried behind them. He grew up so fast…mon pauvre petit frère.

“Yes…” Kai trailed off for a minute, as though contemplating the truth of his statement before adding, “I’m fine. Allons-y! We have a party to go to, don’t we brother?” His smile tasted bittersweet in his mouth, happiness he attempted to portray did not reach his weary eyes.

“D’accord.” Suho chuckled softly in response to Kai’s effort to make light of the situation. The two young gentlemen strode forth, long black cloaks billowing behind them in the mild breeze. It took several minutes of brisk walking before they reached the end of the driveway. They climbed up the front steps, stopping before the large cherry-wood door. Suho stretched out an arm to lift the heavy brass doorknocker; he dropped it, hearing the resounding thump echoing inside the massive house.

Seconds later, as if he’d been patiently waiting for visitors, a tall man in a dark grey suit opened the heavy wooden door. Kai was a bit taken aback by his appearance; the middle-aged man had many wrinkles but that was not what caused Kai to flinch unconsciously. A jagged white scar stood out in sharp relief against his tanned skin, dragging from his left temple diagonally across his cheek, blurring out the edge of his upper lip.

“Ah, we’ve been expecting you.” He grinned widely, showing off his chipped yellow teeth. “Well, don’t just hang about out there, come in, come in.”

The man, evidently the head butler of the house, ushered them into the elegant foyer of the mansion, offering to take their cloaks as he did so. Kai shrugged off his cloak, relieved to be free of the stifling weight of it. Suho also removed his cloak, grabbing Kai’s and handing both to the slightly scary-looking butler who took them with another crooked smile and directed them to the ballroom.

Of course it has a ballroom. Why wouldn’t it have a ballroom? Kai thought sarcastically to himself as he followed Suho through a few doors, as per the butler’s instructions, finding himself in a large circular room surrounded by hordes of pompous people. The room alone was probably half the size of Kai’s whole house and was currently occupied by about two hundred people in formal attire.

Kai found himself pulled into the well-dressed chaos, lost in the crowd. Overwhelmed by the noise and all of the conversations around him, he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block it out. When he opened them, the scene around him seemed similar but the people blur in and out of focus as he wonders through the confusion. The atmosphere is lively, but a vague sense of foreboding clings to his senses, pressing in on every side, suffocating him with distant familiarity.

The people blur further and become shadows, drifting aimlessly through the vast ballroom. He spins ‘round and ‘round, searching for an escape, but none presents itself, so he wanders amongst them, the grey shadows, until he reaches the outer wall of the ballroom.

An immense mirror spans across the wall. By some great feat of craftsmen, the mirror curves with the circular wall, though it covers less than a fourth of the room’s wall space. Kai gazes into the reflective silver, seeing only himself…until a dark figure appears in the mirror behind him, vague and distorted. He turns sharply, expecting to catch the shadow but when he examines the people behind him, there are no figures lurking in the dark. In fact, when he faces the room behind him, there is nothing. Nothing at all. He blinks, thinking his eyes are deceiving him, but still when he opens them, only the inky blackness remains. Then he realizes what happened; he has become part of the shadows.

 

 

A/N:

OMFG YOU GUYS I AM SO SO SORRY OTL I just haven't felt like writing and I don't wanna give you guys half-assed writing so I just waited until I felt more creative i just didn't think it would take so long omfg

tumblr_mhgdc8KwpK1r5exoao1_500.gif

^ accurate gif is accurate

omfg tumblr is ruining my eloquent speech lmfao jk i was never eloquent BUT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW ME AND TALK TO ME ON TUMBLR

French Translations (if you speak French and notice any errors, please tell me so I can fix them ^^)

Alors, je sais que tu n’aime pas des soirèes comme ca mais…

~Look, I know that you don't like parties like this but...

Mon pauvre petit frère 

~My poor little brother

D'accord

~Okay

 

Well that's pretty much it guys, lemme know what you think in the comments below and have a wonderful day~ ^.^