CHAPTER 2

When In Love

 

            Saturday came by, and it was time for you to have your little study date with Junhyung. Eun Ae went down stairs to the kitchen to see her parent’s having tea..

“Good afternoon mom and dad!” she said kissing them both on the cheeks.

“Are you going somewhere, sweetie?” her mom asked.

“Um..yeah, to the library.”

“Princess, why don’t you just study here at home?” her dad asked.

“Well, I sort of have to tutor somebody. That’s why I have to go to the library to meet them.”

“Alright.” Her parents said. After eating some bread and drinking some tea you met with Junhyung in the library.

“Good afternoon, Junhyun-sshi.” She said timidly with a bow.

“Afternoon, let’s get started. I still have places to be!” he said taking a seat.

“Okay, psychology is just being able to understand people, or read them. By the way what’s your course?” She asked kindly.

“Law.” He said, her eyes grew wide.

“Shocking isn’t it? A guy like me taking law!”

“No, it’s a good thing. It means you want to go somewhere in life…”

“Psh, what about you?”

“Pediatrics…”

“Why did you take that course?”

“To help kids, I have a cousin who is an autistic.” She said with sadness in her eyes.

“Oh.” He said with a bit of sympathy.

“Anyways, since you’re taking law, this class is sort of important in your course. Because, you have to be able to read your client, and the ones against you.” You said softly.

“But I don’t understand why do we need to learn all about that crap?” he asked a little bit frustrated.

“Well, it’s not easy to learn-“

“Oh yeah, in the world I come from you need to be able to read people’s emotions and actions to survive in our world. Anytime anyone can just kill you.” he said seriously.

“Then…why do you find this subject so hard?” you asked with a giggle, when you giggled he felt his heart flutter but quickly regain composure. “Because of the stupid methods we have to remember to use.” “Without those methods we wouldn’t have the proper outcome, those change the reaction of certain people.” “Uuuh! I feel like I’ll be stuck in this class forever if we still have to do all those stupid methods!”

She giggled again, just watching his reactions was funny enough.

“Come on I’ll teach you some techniques I learned. When a person can’t look at you straight in the eye then they are hiding something from you.” She said.

“I know that, even a kid would know that.”

“But did you know that sometimes because of their deception, they can’t be able to tell us anything backwards. Their conception becomes jammed up.”

“Really? Okay let’s try it. Have you ever stole something before?”

“Nope!”

“Mmm…did you lie that you got an A when you actually got a B to your parents?”

“Mmm…Yes. Yes I have.”

“You’re lying!” he accused.

“Am I now?” she said trying to act confident.

“When have you lied?” he said aggressively.

“Seventh grade.” She said as aggressive.

“What did your parents say?” he said becoming more and more serious.

“Something like I should’ve told the truth rather than be so…such a liar.” She said a bit confusingly.

“What did you do again?” he asked confidently.

“Uh…I told my parent I got an A not a B.” she said confusingly.

“When again?” he asked.

“Eighth grade.” She said making it sound like a question more than a statement.

“Lying!” he said laughingly.

“Uh! You can pass this test! Why do you act dumb in class?!” she said while laughing as well.

“Methods! I hate have to squint into every detail of the sentence and interrogate it like a maniac!”

“Guess, you should leave this class then!” she said. After hours of teaching methods and interrogating each other by using the proper methods, she finally stood up.

“Going somewhere?” he said still sitting down.

“Home, it’s getting pretty late.” Grabbing her books.

“I’ll take you home then.” He said getting up as well.

“I thought Mr. Yong Junhyng has places to be?” she said.

“Those places are to be gone to in 2 hours.” He said with a smile.

He and you rode his motorcycle. At first you were hesitant, later on you felt his back really warm, and your heart was beating rapidly. Soon enough the two of you arrived to your house.

“Thankyou Junhyung-sshi. And have a safe ride.” She said timidly and bowed.

“Hey, I thought we became friends…call me oppa.” He said.

“Kay bye oppa.” She said heading to the door.

When you got inside you ran into your room, and hugged a pillow. Never in your life has your heart beated that fast.