Chapter 1

The Guard

"There you are. Where have you been?" My mom asked. She approached me and hold my hand. I smiled at her. "I met a friend. She is so beautiful.." I said. 


 

August 2000

 

I met that girl. She was so beautiful. She was kind. She was sweet. She was cute. She was pure. She was innocent. She looks like a doll. She is the first person who wants to play with me. She was my first friend. And.. She was my first love.. 


"Hey, come here!!" a voice appeared behind me. I turned around and there she is. A little girl. I looked at her for seconds. 

"Hey,come here! Wanna play with me?" she said. I shocked. That's the first time I got an invitation from a girl. I never make a friend. They're all stayed away from me. Because... Ya.. because I'm poor. Because my father isn't a good man. Because my mother isn't a good housewife. But, one thing, my mother always loves me. 

"Come here! I have two candies. I want to share them with you." she said again. Finally, I approached her hesitantly. 

"Here.." she gave me a lollipop. I have seen it. It's an expensive candy, I've asked my mother to bought it for me but then, she never did. 

I took the candy and bowed at her, "Thank you" I said, in formal words. She smiled at me. 

"You're too shy. I bet you don't have many friends. I would like to be your friend." she said. 

"What?" 

"I want you to be my friend. I have never seen a girl like you before."

"Eh?" I knew. I was so thin. I was boyish, even until now. 

"Hahaha.. you're so funny. Let's go to my house" 


That was a very unforgettable day. That is the first time I got a friend. She is rich. Very rich. But she wasn't arrogant. I knew why she has never seen a person like me. I bet all of her friends are from rich family. But what about me? I wondered why she want me to be her friend. 

I envy her. She has a lot of cute dolls in her bedroom. She has a big bed. She has her own room to play. She has a lot of nurses. I admitted, I shouldn't be her friend. 

Her parents, her parents were so kind too. They let me play with her only daughter even they knew that I came from a poor family. What is this? I'm really envious. 



After months being her friend. Finally that day comes. 

I stood up in front of her mansion. It was empty. She is gone. Those kind servants, funny securities, those loving parents, they are all gone. She is gone, Kim Hyunah, she is gone.