The Coffee Shop

The Coffee Shop

G-Dragon's POV

7 years old

"Jiyong-ssi, come here~ Eomma will dress you up," eomma said.

I dropped my toy and went to her. I tilted my head as eomma fix my pants zipper. "Eomma, where are we going?"

"Our new neighbours had their first child today, so we're visiting them." I nodded.

Eomma warned me to be nice to the baby when we arrive later and I made an 'O.K.' sign with my small fingers. After arriving at our neighbour's ward, I snapped my hands from eomma and ran towards a cute baby that my neighbour was holding in her embrace.

"Do you like babies, Jiyong-ah?" she asked. I nodded in joy. "Yes, I really do!"

 

12 years old

I walked off the middle school and rushed home. I was about to unlock the key of my house gate until I saw my neighbour's lil'daughter playing outside their house. My lips curved into a smile.

"Hey, Hyunhyo!" I waved my hands and walked to her. "Oh, oppa! You're back? Yeay! Eomma, oppa's home!"

I heard her mother shouting something from inside the house but it was unclear so I just shrug it off. I entered her house and picked her up.

"Do you want to go to the playground today?" Hyunhyo's face brightened up. "Ne!"

I pinched her fluff cheek. "Okay~"

I turned around and shouted to her mother, "Ahjumma, I'm taking Hyunhyo to the playground! Eomma, I'll be back at dawn!"

"Okay! Take care of Hyunhyo!" her mother shouted in unison as my mother. "Don't be back too late!"

 

The next day, like other days I sprinted away from the school as soon as the last bell rings. I stopped to a florist nearby and observed the flowers there in awe. The workers in the shop noticed me and I bowed at them in embarassment. I entered the shop shyly.

"Annyeonghaseyo, ahjumma! Can I have a bouquet of roses, please?" I smiled at the florist. "Sure, what colour do you want?"

"Uhh..." I thought for a while. "Red! It stands for everlasting love!" The florist nodded and went to pick some red roses from her collection.

"For a girlfriend?" she asked as she put the roses together in a bouquet. My cheeks went red and I quickly shook my head.

"No, today is Hyunhyo's birthday!" I said in joy. The florist mouthed an 'O' and smiled as a respond. I paid for the roses and dashed to my house.

"Eomma, I'm home!" I threw my bag to nowhere and went to the kitchen. "Eomma, you know what day is today, right?"

Eomma seemed to be raising one of her eyebrows; in confusion. "What?"

"Hyunhyo's birthday!" I chirped. "Oh."

"I'm going to her house to give these presents!" I spinned over the hallway, before eomma stopped me with her hand.

"They're not back yet." I frowned and turned to my room. Guess I'll have to wait...

 

Two hours have passed yet I haven't heard any sound signaling the Park family were home. Later, the house phone would ring. I sprinted over and picked it up.

"Hello, Kwon's residency! Who's there?" I chirped.

"Hello? Is this the neighbour family of Mr. Park _____? This family is now hospitalized at _______ Hospital. Please come as soon as you can to see their condition."

The other side of the phone call shocked me. I dropped the phone and ran to eomma with my legs trembling of fear.

 

We raced towards the nearest hospital. We went up the lift and invaded a room. There were 4 beds in the room. Three of them are occupied and only one is left empty. Two of the patients looked just okay; maybe they only experienced light injuries. The other one looked serious. She was lying what seemed like lifelessly. I narrowed my vision to each patients. The two stabilised patients are my neighbours; and the serious one is... Hyunhyo. I sat beside her. Her face was pale. I tilted my head and touched her cheeks gently. Tears started to form as I held her hands firmly.

Her father woke up from his rest and saw us. And saw me crying. He sat up on his bed and thanked us for visiting. After a while of awkward silence, her father started to tell what had happen. So here's what he told us - it was on a sunny day he was driving back home with his family from a trip to Japan; as he was focusing on the road, a cow appeared out of nowhere and caused him to lose control of the car. He wanted to hit the break but he was too shocked to do so. That was how they ended up to crash down a hill and were hospitalised here.

Her father said that the doctor told them Hyunhyo lost her memories. That hit me like a tonne of bricks. He said he pitied me - because she might forget who I am. I started to cry again and squeezed her hand as hard as I could.

 

13 years old

"Hyunhyo-ah, let's play together!" I talked to myself.

To be honest, I felt lonely. The house next door was empty. Hyunhyo left a year ago to America to get a treatment for - perhaps, gaining her memories back.

I brought my knees to my shoulder; burying my face between my legs. That was when I saw an unfamiliar paper on my bedroom floor - a flyer. It must have been the flyer I got this morning from the ahjumma outside of school.

I took it and examine the whole thing. It said something about auditioning for one famous agency in Korea - YG Entertainment. I myself was a trainee under SM Entertainment, but this YG thing seems to be pretty interesting.

I went to eomma and showed the flyer. She looked up at me with her 'are-you-kidding-me' face expression. I knew I vowed to her that I would never want to be a singer anymore, but I've got this one idea going on in my head. I told her I'd be famous one day just so that Hyunhyo could see me perform and who knows - maybe she'll remember back who I am?

Eomma gave it a thought before saying 'yes'. I took my camera and recorded a cover video of Jinusean's song. Right after, I would surf on the Internet for YG's audition form and fill it out. I attached the video along and sent it to YG's email site. I prayed for the best and shut the computer down. Soon, I would take a nap.

 

21 years old

Hyunhyo-ah, are you watching me right now? It's my solo debut! I hope you are~

I heaved a sigh. Debuting as a solo was my only chance to make Hyunhyo acknowledge me. But what to do? Even I don't know where she is right now, neither how does she looks like right now. Aish!

 

23 years old

I met Appa at home as he said he wanted to discuss something with me. I had to cancel a few of my schedules to meet him in person.

I was about to take a seat when Appa suddenly blurted something that sounded like 'Hyunhyo is back'. I widened my eyes before he turned to me and started to explain everything.

So Hyunhyo was now in Korea. Unfortunately - Appa said; her father told him that Hyunhyo's treatment was a major failure. She failed to remember most of the things in her life. I started to tremble in fear. This is not good.

"But Appa... about the agreement back then on our engagement when she strikes 16...-" I wanted to protest but Appa cut my sentence; assuming he knew what I was going to say, "It must be postponed until she knows who you are."

Then, Appa left me dumbfounded.

 

25 years old - the Present;

I was having lunch with Big Bang when my phone suddenly rang. I left the meal and miserably picked up the phone call.

"Hello? Is it G-Dragon speaking?" someone spoke. "Yes, I am G-Dragon. Who are you?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm the writer of tvN's variety show 'The Romantic & Idol' Lee Woojung. The PD Lee Myunghan and I have decided to cast you into our third season. Are you interested to join us?"

I mouthed 'the romantic & idol' to the other members and they nodded enthusiastically, signaling me to agree. "Well, I'm interested."

"Great, meet the crew at tvN's building next Sunday."

 

Sunday morning, I dressed up casually with the clothing set the members had choose for me. I went to the assigned building. The other 3 male idols were already there. We entered a room and had a talk with the production crew. After watching a slideshow of dating places, we get to choose the place we want; and I chose the coffee shop.

The next day, I again dressed up casually with the clothing set the members had choose again for me. I ordered two cups of hot mocha and brought them on a tray to the 2nd level of the shop. There, I saw a few cameramen surrounding a girl. That must be my date...

I went over to her and greeted her. She looked familiar but I don't know who she is. She said she's a member of CUBE's new girl group. I asked her name, and she said... "Park Hyunhyo."

I flinched on my seat. It is her.

She didn't seem like she remember me though, but yet I smiled. I touched her hand warmly and try to make her comfortable; which she did.

"Hyunhyo-ah," I called.

She tilted her head. "Hmm?"

"This is going to be an eternal date for us, so don't leave me again, okay?" I smiled.

She raised one of her eyebrows in confusion. "What?"

"Nothing," I chuckled and pinched her cheeks. Finally, I found you my love~