The Day

Happy Birthday

*zz zzz*, you groaned as you reached for your phone on your night-stand. It was already midnight. 

Urgh. Who would even be awake at this time?! 

You picked up the call and heard from another side of the line, "Ya! Mihyun-ah, happy birthday!" You went blank as you weren't fully awake yet. "Happy birthday?" Oh! It's the 6th of July! 

"Ya! Are you listening?", Zelo speaked. "Neh, Junhong. Thanks for the birthday wish!" you replied. "Oh, Mihyun, meet me at the park that we always hang out at 7pm tonight. I... I... have something to tell you." You agreed and you felt suspicious as it was the first time he ever stammer other than the previous time he confessed to the girl that he liked few years back but you didn't question him as you were too tired to. Then you went back to sleep.

 

A month ago......

Zelo's POV

"Hyung, hyung! Mihyun's birthday is next month and I really want to give her a special birthday present! What should I get for her?" I asked Yongguk. He tilted his head and started to think of an idea, "Junhong-ah, maybe you should compose a song for her!" 

I nodded and thanked Yongguk hyung for the idea. Then I started to think of the lyrics for the song that I wanted to compose for Mihyun for her birthday. I started to think of the times when we started off as strangers to now, best of friends but I don't want to be just her best friend, I want something more than best friend... Lover. I took out a piece of paper and started to write out how I feel.

This, will be the best birthday present ever.

 

Finally it's the 6th of July, Kwon Mihyun's birthday, the day that I shall build up all my courage to confess to her and tell her how I feel. We arranged to meet at 7pm tonight. I'm gona suprise her with the song and her favourite chocolate cake. 

 

Your POV

You went back home to prepare to meet Junhong. You wore this and headed to meet him. You started to think what he wanted to tell you... 

Maybe he has a new girlfriend? Or B.A.P is coming out with a new album again? Oh my god, or is it that he actually likes me and going to confess to me? You shook your head and giggled to yourself.

*HONK* and you lost your consciousness.... 

 

Zelo's POV

It's already 7pm! Where is this Mihyun? I heard a loud bang and went forward to check what happened. To my horror, Mihyun was lying on the middle of the road with a pool of blood. I stood rooted onto the ground with my jaws dropped and everything started to be blurry. Tears started to fall and ran towards Mihyun, dropping the cake that I was holding onto. I hugged her tightly and shouted for her name. I quickly took out my phone and dialed for the ambulance.

 

At the hospital

Mihyun was lying on the bed, unconscious. He held onto her cold hands tightly and kissed her knucles. Mihyun-ah, please, please, please wake up, I don't want to lose you before I even have you yet. She started to open her eyes and the first person whom she saw was Zelo. "J-j-junhong ah.." she called out weakly. He grinned as she had woke up. "MIHYUN AH! YOU'RE AWAKE!" he shouted. "What did you want to tell me?" she asked. 

"I-I-I love you, Kwon Mihyun! I love you so much, so, so much. Please don't leave me again." Mihyun was taken aback and smiled, "I love you too, Choi Junhong..." Zelo stood up and hugged Mihyun who is still on the bed. "I want you to listen to this song, I composed it, I in expressing myself, so this song will help me to." 

 

YOUR POV

http://youtu.be/C6TKyiALkCs

Listen babe, I’ll dedicate this song for you.

A really happy you, who is next to me
I waited for today, your birthday

Your smile that looks at me oh
It’s really, really bright
I want to pick those stars for you

I smiled and looked at Junhong. He smiled back at me with the gentlest grin.

Happy birthday to you

My beautiful love

Baby, only for you
Because you’re here, I’m happy
Happy birthday to you
Just like today, forever
Baby, only for you
We’re going to be together

I started to reminisce the memories we spent together.

From when I open my eyes till I close them,
I only think of you for the whole day
It’s lonely, a night without you
You, who is like the sunshine 
that shines through the window
You wake me up and make me smile, 
you’re special, a bit different

Those times we danced in the rain like nobody is watching.

You, who is more important 
than anything else in the world
Will you accept my heart that I prepared for you

Your smile that looks at me oh
It’s really, really bright
I want to pick 
those stars for you

Those times when he would come over to my place staying up for the whole night, comforting me because I had a bad day.

Happy birthday to you
My beautiful love
Baby, only for you
Because you’re here, I’m happy
Happy birthday to you
Just like today, forever
Baby, only for you
We’re going to be together

Those times when he would allow me to punch him like a punching bag because I was upset.

Lovey-dovey, sometimes we argue
I think all night about what 
I should do to the sulking you
Do you know how my heart tightens
because you might hate me?
To me, there’s no one else but you. 
You’re the only one that makes me smile

Those times when I get angry and sulk all day in class and he would bring me to get chocolate cake to eat it at the park.

I can see that you’re different 
even among a group of many people
Your shining eyes, lips
My heart feels at peace 
when you’re next to me

Those times when he would make a fool out of himself in public just to make me smile.

I thank God for bringing 
the beautiful you down here
Please stay like this forever, inside me
I will kiss you baby
Happy birthday

He started to lean closer to me and gave me a peck on the cheek. Everything started to turn black. 

Happy birthday to you
My beautiful love
Baby, only for you
Because you’re here, I’m happy
Happy birthday to you
Just like today, forever
Baby, only for you
We’re going to be together

"Mihyun! Mihyun!" Zelo shooked Mihyun, "don't leave me, please." He knew what happened and said "Happy birthday, my beautiful love. I love you, forever. Please stay like this forever, inside me...."

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

This is my first fanfic ever! I hope you guys enjoy this story. If this story is similar to any story, it is plain coincidence! Thank you for reading and comment :-)