Drabble: Accidental Confession

Accidental Confession

He gripped his bag strap tightly as his eyes fell on the tall dark-haired boy whose grin was too big for his face. Baekhyun watched him say goodbye to the other kids while he stood there with sweaty palms, trying to calm his racing heart.

Park Chanyeol was the most handsome creature he had ever met in the ten years of his life since he was brought into this world. Every time the tall boy came near, his tongue went numb and he began to stutter embarrassingly. Just like now.

"Hey, Baekhyun! Let's go home!" Chanyeol draped his long arms over his thin shoulders.

"Y-Y-Yeah." He ducked his head, looking at his shoes. It must be a curse that he also happened to be his best friend. Worst case scenario. Ever.

Everyday, he would go home and contemplate on ways to confess to the happy virus of a best friend. He was kind and friendly, so it's hard to gauge if he treated him any differently from his other friends. Sometimes he had it all planned out in his head but when the time came, it was nothing like he imagined. Most of the time, he ended up stumbling over his words or slipping over a banana peel, causing the taller boy to crack into an infectious laughter before helping him up.

They lived next to each other, so everyday they would head home together. Today, Chanyeol was extra talkative. Not that he was any less. But today sounded a bit different as he began talking about how he hated his big ears.

"It's cute." Baekhyun blurted out.

"You think so?" Chanyeol stopped in his tracks. "No one ever said it's cute."

"Well, it is. It's like Mickey Mouse, big and cute. It makes people want to be near you." Baekhyun shoved both hands into his blazer pocket. "And you don't have to worry about those mean words. You have great personality, good-looking and great smile. Anyone would want to be with someone cute like you."

"Do you?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Baekhyun realised a little too late what he had said and blushed hard as it dawned on him. "N-N-No, I-I-I m-mean..." He kept staring at his feet, not wanting to see the look on Chanyeol's face.

Chanyeol remained silent which made his heart flip uncomfortably. He bet Chanyeol would break up their friendship because he was guy. The silence was killing him. Baekhyun mustered all his courage to look up into Chanyeol's perfectly shaped eyes.

"I-I'm sorry. You won't see me anymore. I--I'll just go now." Baekhyun spoke through trembling lips as his eyes grew glassy.

The taller boy cupped his face in both hands. "What are you talking about? You will see me everyday, okay?"

Baekhyun nodded. Suddenly, Chanyeol's leaned down, sealing their lips with a kiss. When they parted, Baekhyun's eyes grew exceptionally wide. 

"Wh-What was that for?"

Chanyeol grinned. "You have the word 'kiss me' on you forehead."

"Really?" Baekhyun touched his forehead.

"You're really cute." Chanyeol pecked his lips again. 

"You did it again." Baekhyun felt his jaw drop, blinking in shock.

"Yes, I did because now it read, 'I'm adorable, please kiss me again.'" Chanyeol dropped another kiss on his forehead.

 

A/N: Hope you like this super fluffy drabble!