.Chapter 2.

One More Chance...

Lee Eunhyuk looked into the mirror as he examined his clohtes. Today marks the first day of him stepping up as the newest CEO of ShinHwa Corp, an international trading company that has been dominating the market since his grandfather set up the company and passed it to his father.

 

"Yah you stupid pabo! Didn't i tell you i hate red?!" Eunhyuk raised his voice slightly as he threw the red color necktie back to one of the servants. The poor female servant was trembling as she caught hold of the necktie, "Mi...mianhe..I.."

 

"What I, I, I?! Go get a new one for me for goodness sake!!" Eunhyuk yelled again as the female servant quickly left Eunhyuk's room with tears in her eyes.

 

"Tsst tsst tsst..."

 

Eunhyuk heard the voice and turned around to see his younger sister, Sunny standing behind him with her arms crossed, "Yah oppa! This is how you treat you servants yah..I'm gonna tell appa, you just wait and see.." Sunny said with some seriousness. Her elder brother was capable and smart but he is also slightly spoilt and rude towards others. Sunny remembered how his brother graduated with awesome results from overseas but gave them a great shock when he brought home a Caucasian blonde girl. She remembered the shocking face that their father had that moment, they have always been disapproval of Eunhyuk's Casanova behaviors.

 

Eunhyuk smiled as he went near his sister, "Sunny ahhh, come on." last month he fired a servant without consulting his father because the servant served him overcooked rice and his father was so furious after that.

 

Sunny flashed a cheeky smile to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk was about speak when he heard his father entering his room.

 

"Hyukjae my son," Lee Shin Man entered the room slowly with his walking stick. Sunny and Eunhyuk hurried to their father's side to help him to sit at the edge of Eunhyuk's bed. Their father had been diagnosed with and heart problems half a year ago and he had been furiously planning and preparing his son to take over his company in case of any emergency. And today marks the day his son will officially take over the company from his hands. Lee Shin Man still had some worries about Eunhyuk, but no amount of preparations seem to be enough.

 

"Appa ahh, you should stay in your room and rest," Sunny pouted as she clinged unto her father's arm, "Did you want anything? I can get it for you ahh.." Lee Shin Man smiled and stoked Sunny's head. His daughter had always been obedient and mature, if only Eunhyuk was a bit more mature like his sister. "Sunny ahh, kamsahamida. I just wanted to talk to Hyukjae for a while." The official ceremony and dinner was going to start in a few hours' time.

 

"Arasso.." Sunny nodded her head and smiled.

 

Lee Shin Man looked at Eunhyuk, "Hyukjae shii my son, after tonight's ceremony, you wil officially take over the company." Eunhyuk nodded his head and said with confidence, "Appa, don't worry. I know that i'm capable." Lee Shin Man sighed and nodded his head, "Neh neh, of course you are.. just promise me that you will do your best to keep the company going and keep this family together after i'm gone."

 

Sunny and Eunhyuk immediately held their father's arms, "Appa! What are you talking about!" Sunny gasped. She knew that her father is old and had been sick for a while, but she really doesn't wish to see her father leaving them, really. Lee Shin Man smiled, he shaked his head, "Sunny ahh, i'm old and sick, i know that my days are limited." he held Sunny and Eunhyuk's hands together, "Hyukjae, you will be the head of the family then, you must take care of Sunny, and the family."

 

Eunhyuk looked into his father's eyes and nodded his head. Sunny nodded her head too with tears in her eyes. Lee Shin Man pinched Sunny's cheeks a bit, "You ahh, don't be sad okay?" Sunny held her father's hands and placed it at her cheeks, bite her lips slightly and nodded her head. "Sunny ahh, why aren't you dressed properly yet?" 

 

Sunny suddenly stood up, "Oh yes!! I need to go over to Hyoyeon's now..hehe.." Lee Shin Man laughed, this forgetful daughter of hers, "Appa, i will meet you guys there, i'm going now!" "Okay that's great, you girls have fun together okay." Lee Shin Man smiled as he watch his daughter left the room. Maybe Sunny could grow up to be so mature because she had Hyoyeon by her side. He had been good friends with Hyoyeon's dad until both him and his wife ran into a car accident and left Hyoyeon all alone in this world. Lee Shin Man sighed, he thank the heavens that Hyoyeon is a mature and independent child, otherwise it would hurt his heart to see his best friend's child going astray.

 

.....

 

Ding Dong!

 

Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong!!

 

"Yahh Sunny ahhh!! My doorbell is errupting yah!!" Hyoyeon joked as she opened the door of her tiny apartment and saw Sunny standing there, smiling cheekily, "Keke, mianhe, i was really excited lah.." Hyoyeon laughed as she teased Sunny. Yea of course, girls are always excited about dolling themselves up.

 

Sunny closed the doors and pushed Hyoyeon to the center of the room, "Hyoyeon quick, see see see!" she said enthusiastically as she unwrapped the covers that she brought with her and revealed a few very pretty party gowns.

 

Hyoyeon gasped, "Sunny ahh, it's so pretty!" Hyoyeon said as she touched the dressed, she never actually felt satin that were of this good quality.

 

Sunny smiled cheekily, "Neh of course! Hyoyeon ahh, quick pick one that you like." "Mwo?!" Hyoyeon was shocked.

 

"Neh, quick ahh." Sunny said as she pointed to one of the dresses, "What about this pink one? The lace is a bit girly, but it might fit you, hehe.." Hyoyeon smiled but she couldn't bring herself to do it, "Sunny ahh, you bought all these? I can't ermm, it's expensive, it feels expensive.." Hyoyeon said as she lowered her head. With her present financial condition, she needed to work part time jobs to sustain her college fees. Adding a few thousand dollar dress to her bill is way too crazy. Besides that, Uncle Lee and Sunny has been helping her so much, they got her into one of the best colleges and showed her kindness as if she was their family members, she really didn't want to take anything from Sunny anymore.

 

Sunny shaked her head, "Ani ani, not really bought it lah. My dad knows the boutique owner, she said that i could return the rest that i don't want and she will refund me the money." "Sunny ahh, did you use your own pocket money??" "Errkk.." Sunny wanted to avoid this question, because she felt that Hyoyeon never had a decent and proper dress in her life, she felt that maybe just for once, Hyoyeon should feel like a princess too.

 

"Sunny ahhh!!" Hyoyeon gasped, although Sunny's family was rich, Sunny never asked for anything extra. If she needed something, she would save up for it. And Hyoyeon knows that Sunny had been eyeing a handmade guitar that she wanted ages ago and have been saving up diligently to buy it. "Ani! Sunny ahh, return all these tomorrow please..you are very close to buying the guitar ahh.."

 

Sunny smiled and shaked her head, "Gwenchana ahh. Hyoyeon ahh, why not like this, you chose the one you like and i will return the rest to the owner. And you can treat it as a loan from me..." Sunny knew that she had to come up with a plan to make Hyoyeon accept the dress, she wouldn't want Hyoyeon to wear the same black dress that she wore for all the events they had in high school.

 

"I..." Hyoyeon understood Sunny's intentions, but... "Ahhh it's set then! Okay! Yay!!" Sunny smiled and cheered happily, "Okay, we don't have much time left yahh, Hyoyeon ahh, which one do you like?"

 

"Sunny ahh, kamsahamida.." Hyoyeon smiled, "Anything Sunny, what do you think fits me best?" Both girls started having fun as they chosed their outfit for tonight's dinner event.

 

"Why not, this?" "Yah Sunny ahh! The back part is completely bare!!" Hyoyeon squeeked. Sunny laughed, "Gwencahan lahhh..."

 

Both of them enjoyed each other's company as they cheerfully got themselves ready for tonight's event.

 

...

 

to be continued..

....

 

guys thanks so much! =)

sorry, i've been caught up with exams lately.. will still write..thanks so much.. =)

i really wanted to portray a sweet and strong friendship between Hyoyeon and Sunny...