Epilogue

Let Me Show You The World

Myungsoo’s POV:

It has been a month since I have left the hospital. Seconds, hours, and days have passed since the funeral for Sungyeol-hyung. His family was there with the exception of his parents. I found out later that his parents died in a car crash when he was in middle school. I was happy that his family came to pay their respects. They even told me stories of him. When the funeral was over, they let me spread his ashes into the wind. It was Sungyeol’s wish to be cremated. Tears were spilled during the funeral, and I was thankful that some of Sungyeol’s friends came to visit too. They didn’t know that Sungyeol was sick because Sungyeol told them that he was moving away.

Those pictures from Sungyeol’s room: I took all of them. I wasn’t going to throw them away because they were a part of Sungyeol. Most of them are hanging on my wall and the rest are in photo albums. After I let out of the hospital, I broke up with Sungjong. He took it considerably well. He knew that my heart changed within the time I was in the hospital. Thought it was too late for me to realize that.

“ Myungsoo, get your down here or else you will be late for school!”

“ I’m coming mom!” I put on my blazer, grabbed my bag, and headed downstairs. My mom gave me my breakfast and I sat down at the table. I was eating my food as my dad came down. He stumbled down the stairs and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“ Honey, what did I say about you fixing your tie as you come downstairs? I swear you are going to brake your neck someday.”

“ I know, I know. I will be a bit more careful next time. Well, I got to go or else I’m going to be late! I will see you two later!”

“ Bye honey!”

“ Bye dad!” Dad rushed out of the house and now it was my time to leave too. I gave a kiss to my mom before I left and ran out of the house too. I looked at my watch and realized I only had five minutes before they closed the gates. I only have been back at school for a month and I don’t want to get in trouble already. Right when the view of the gates came into sight, I ran even faster. What I didn’t realize was that there was somebody right in front of me. I tried stopping myself but my feet wouldn’t listen. I tripped on my feet and lunged right at him. I groaned in pain and realized that I fell on top of him.

“ I-I’m so sorry! Here let me help you up.” I grabbed his hand and helped him up. Then there was this shock that went through my arm. I blinked a few times and retracted my hand. I bowed to him and than ran into the school.

W-What the heck was that?

“ Myungsoo-hyung, there you are! Where have you been?” I turned my head to see Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung walking towards me.

“ Oh hey! I was running late so yeah. I’m here though!” Woohyun-hyung pulled me in and rubbed my head with his knuckles.

“ Aigoo! Our Myungie is always like this! What are we going to do with you?”

“ Well, you can let me go first.” I struggled to get out of his grip, but dang he was too strong.

“ Woohyun, let him go. You are going to hurt him.”

“ Gyu-hyung!”
“ Woohyun, let him go right now.” I felt chills running through my spine. Even though it wasn’t directed at me, I felt the scariness of Sunggyu-hyung’s voice.

“ Fine!” Woohyun-hyung finally let me go. That wasn’t the end of it, though. The loud voice of Dongwoo-hyung could be heard in the distance. All of a sudden, I got a big slap on the bag that made me tumble forward.

“ Hello everyone! It’s such a nice morning today! I know something good will happen to one of us!”

“ Dongwoo-hyung, could you slow down a bit? I can’t keep up with your energy in the morning!” I laughed at Dongwoo-hyung and Hoya-hyung. It’s always like this in the mornings, and I don’t mind. They make my days a bit better. Then the bell signaling that we have to go to our first period classes rang. We bid each other a see ya, and went to our respective classes. I was the only one who went to their own class while the Sunggyu-hyung had Woohyun-hyung and Dongwoo-hyung had Hoya-hyung. I didn’t want to go to class, but I have to. If only what Dongwoo-hyung said will come true to me. I sat down in my seat, which is in back corner, and placed my head on my desk. I waited for the teacher to come in, and she came right in when I was about to close my eyes.

“ Okay everybody sit down! I have some news to tell you. We have a new student joining our class. Be nice to him okay! He is a year older than you but is starting in this class because he has been sick for a year. You can come in now.”

I slowly lifted my head up. The familiar sound of the door opening came invaded my ears. A foot stepped in, then the whole body. My eyes widened as to who the new student is. His chubby cheeks, height, and everything about reminded me of… Sungyeol-hyung. I rubbed my eyes making sure it was real. Nothing changed: it was definitely real.

“ Hello, my name is Lee Sungyeol. Please take care of me.”

“ Sungyeol-sshi, you can go sit down at that seat next to Myungsoo-sshi.”

I watched him as he made his way over here. His eyes never left me either. He suddenly smiled at me, and I could feel myself starting to cry. I finally got to see his face in the flesh, but how is this possible? Was it reincarnation? Was Sungyeol-hyung given another chance to live the life he never got to? Overall, is this real? My eyes followed his every move. He sat down on the seat next to me. The teacher went back to teaching, but our eyes never left each other. Suddenly, he passed me to me three pictures.

 

The sun: I will make your days shine brighter than ever. Your heart will always be warm whenever you wake in the morning.

 

The moon: In the darkness I will shine a path for you. If you ever get lost, I will guide you the way home and to my heart. I will always drag you out of the darkness whenever you need me.

 

The stars: I will become the billion of stars out there and watch over you. I will make shooting stars so you could make a wish. The stars will become my eyes and they will watch over you forever.

 

Then on the bottom of the stars picture, there were two sentences on the back.

 

I won’t be just the stars, but also the sun and moon. I will always love you forever.

 

I looked at Sungyeol-hyung who was smiling his off. I don’t know what overtook me, but I grabbed his shirt and smashed our lips together. The kiss was sweet with a mixture of my tears. When I pulled away, I jumped at him and we both fell to the ground. I cried into his shoulder and I felt his arms wrap around my waist. Then I heard him whisper into my ears:

 

“ Lets explore the world together. Just us two.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey everybody! Yeah the epilogue is short so yeah... Lol! Anyways, I hope you guys liked this short fic of mine! This is my first time not writing a fic that is practically not in character POV. So if some things are off than sorry! But yep decided to end this fic with a happy ending! I can't just break Myungyeol up like that! Anyways, thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting!)