Happiness...

His Doubts and Her Surprise

A tired and frustrated Jiyong entered the recording studio and plopped himself down on the couch.

Choi Seunghyun, who was busy fixing his beats, tried to ignore him, but Jiyong’s deep sighs didn’t want to be ignored.

This made Seunghyun stop his work and turn around to talk to his friend. 

“What the heck are you sighing about?” 

Jiyong suddenly sat up and faced his friend, “Hyung! I think Chaerin is leaving me!!!” 

“BWOH? Yah! Stop joking. Here I am trying to listen to your problem and you’re telling me your wife is leaving you? Kwon Jiyong, look for someone else to bother. I’m busy.” Seunghyun shot him a glare and place back his headphones and went back to his work.

“But hyung!” Jiyong was desperate. 

He needed to know why his wife was acting weird. He was so sure that she was talking to someone behind his back. 

He forcefully turned Seunghyun’s chair to make Seunghyun face him. Then he started shaking his hyung “HYUNG!! She’s not taking care of me anymore! She’s always talking to someone sweetly and she’s always hiding it from me. She’s definitely seeing someone else…. WHAT SHOULD I DO HYUNG!??!?” 

“Yah! Stop shaking me!!! I can’t think!” 

“Sorry hyung… I’m just stressed out and scared.”

“Well, I know for sure that Chaerin’s not like that. She loves you too much.” And he flicked Jiyong on the forehead.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Jiyong let go of his hyung’s shoulders and gently rubbed his forehead.

“For being a freak and not believing your wife. Now tell me what’s got you thinking like this.”


Flashback #1

Jiyong was singing when he got home. He was too happy that he was lucky enough to buy her favorite dish before the store closed. 
“Chagiyaaaa. I’m home!” he quickly found a plate and placed the food on the table.
“Oppa!” she quickly ran to him and gave a kiss. “Why are you home so late?”

“I had to finish the song for the comeback next month and I had to run to the shop to buy you this.”

“But I ate already.” She said with a sheepish smile. 

“Ohh. It’s okay. I’ll just eat it.” He felt as if his effort was not appreciated. “I thought you wanted to eat this.”

“I did. But I felt hungry all of a sudden and started to look for some other food to eat. I’m sorry. If it makes it better, I’ll stay here with you.” She said while holding his hand and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Alright.” And of course Kwon Jiyong could not resist someone who’s name is Lee Chaerin.

As Chaerin sat in front of him, Jiyong laid out the food that he bought and removed the covers.

The lovely smell of the food immediately filled the room.

“Hmm, Chagiya, are you really not going to try this? It smells really good.”

“Oppa I think I need to go to…” she didn’t have the chance to finish her sentence as she immediately ran to the bathroom once she smelled the food, leaving her husband puzzled by her actions.

End of Flashback#1


“See hyuuung! I think she just made me buy it so that she’ll have more time to talk to whoever she’s talking to!” 

Seunghyun just chuckled at him. “Stop laughing at me!”

“How can I not laugh, when you’re being like this. Did you ask her what happened after she left?” 

“Uh no.”

“Then why are you jumping to such conclusions!!! You're really thinking too much...” it’s now Seunghyun’s turn to shake him. 

“ ‘Cause she might leave me!!” Jiyong ran a hand through his hair and started pacing the length of the room. “Hyung, you know how much I love her. And we’re been for just a year. I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose her. I love her too much.” 

“Then why are you saying she’s seeing someone else? Don’t you trust her?”

“Of course I do!” but Seunghyun raised an eyebrow “Come on hyung, you know how possessive and dedicated I am when it comes to relationships. I just feel like something’s happening and she’s not telling me anything. She’s even avoiding me at times.”


Flashback#2


“Oppa! I’m leaving. Bye!” she quickly passed by him and went for the door, but Jiyong was fast enough to stop her.

“Where are you going? I thought you were spending the day with me?” He said with a pout.

“Aigoo! Oppa,” she said while pinching his cheeks “I’m just meeting a friend.”
“How long will you be gone?” 

“How long does it take a person to have a check-up in a hospital?”

“An hour I guess?” he was confused with her question but just let it go because she looked so cute when she was asking him. 

“Then I’ll be gone that long. Please wait for me?” she couldn’t resist it and went for a hug.

“Fine. Be quick okay? And take care.” 

“Ne~!” she quickly kissed him on the lips and ran for the door.

End of Flashback#2



“See hyung! She’s even ditching me on our dates!” he’s now sitting on the couch and punching the pillow that he found.

“How many times did she do that?” while Seunghyun was just being calm.

“Twice.” Jiyong answered shyly.

“Just two times and you’re being like this?!” Seunghyun threw back the pillow that Jiyong threw at him earlier and mumbled “just like this and you’re going crazy, what if she’s really seeing someone else?”

“Did you say something hyung?” 

“Uhh no. So tell me. What’s this about hearing her talking to someone else?”

“Oh!”

Flashback#3

Chaerin was so excited after hearing the news from her doctor, but she decided to keep it and surprise her husband. After all, his birthday is just a couple of weeks away. It won’t hurt to keep it from him.

She was surprised and thought that she wasn’t ready to be a mom, but the happiness got to her and made her excited. She quickly bought a lot of books about pregnancy.

“According to this book, it would help if I talk to you. Hello my dear baby, I wish that you’re healthy. Mommy is so excited to see you! But let’s keep this a secret from your Daddy first okay? We’ll tell him soon. I really love you already. I want to see you now and give you my hugs and kisses.”

She was happily talking to her baby thinking that Jiyong was not at home yet, but that day Jiyong decided to go home early.

Although not early enough to hear everything that she said. 

Jiyong was looking for her and passed by their room when he heard her saying “I really love you already. I want to see you now and give you my hugs and kisses.”


And this got him so worried.

End of Flashback#3


“Hyuuuung, what should I do????” his tears were already threatening to fall and Seunghyun was really trying hard not to laugh at him…

“Will you just calm down and wait for her to talk to you? She might be surprising you or something. It’s your birthday isn’t it?”

“Yes, where’s my gift? And that’s why I’m worried, she hasn’t greeted me yet.”

“Aish.”

Suddenly the door to the recording room opened and a perky Bom entered.

“ChoomTOP! I’m back!” she gave Seunghyun a quick kiss and turned to Jiyong.

“Jiyong-ah your lovely wife is looking for you. She’s at the cafeteria.”

“Thanks noona.” Jiyong mumbled and walked away gloomily.

When she was sure that Jiyong has left…

“Does he know?” Bom placed a finger under her boyfriend’s chin to make him look at her.

“Oh he has no freaking idea what’s happening.” 

And Seunghyun was now laughing freely while telling Bom what Jiyong was ranting about.

---





Jiyong found Chaerin in the cafeteria, sitting at a table full of strawberries and she was eating it with cream.

“Annyong Oppa!!! Let’s eat!” Chaerin reached for him and tried to feed him but he refused to eat.

“Why aren’t you eating…?” 

No answer.

“Hey.”

Still no answer.

“Oppa…?”

Jiyong just looked down and started playing with the fork on the table.

“Oppa are you mad at me?” she sadly asked.

Sensing her sadness from her voice, “Baby I’m not. I’m just feeling sad ‘cause maybe you’re forgetting something.”

“No I’m not.” Her sadness was now replaced by her excitement, which slightly annoyed Jiyong more.

“You don’t remember what day it is today?”

“I do. It’s your birthday.” She said it as if she was not bothered that she hasn’t greeted him. She even took a bite on her strawberry.

“Then why didn’t you…” and he was having trouble saying how he feels.

“Hmm?” still chewing her strawberry…

“You haven’t greeted me yet.” He stood up and let out a deep breath, “And I’m demanding for a gift Chaerin!” and there. He couldn’t take it anymore.

“Yah! Why are you shouting at me?! You’re scaring our baby!!!!”

“I can shout whenever or whatever I want ‘cause it’s my bir— wait, I’m scaring who!?”

“Our baby. You shouldn’t shout like that. He or She can hear you.” She was smiling at him. 

“Our… our… baby?” he was still wide-eyed, still could not believe what he just heard.

“Yes Oppa, I’m almost 2 months pregnant.” And she was still smiling sweetly. “Happy Birthday Daddy.”

She hugged him tightly. Now feeling guilty that she has been avoiding him so that she wouldn’t be tempted to tell him.

She stood up and reached for her bag, “Here” she handed him the sonogram “I went to the doctor today, that’s why I haven’t greeted you yet. I’m sorry I’ve been avoiding you. I just wanted to surprise you on your birthday.” 

“He’s so small.” He was now seated and crying while looking at the sonogram. “I’m really going to be a father…”

Chaerin nodded and smiled “but we’re not sure yet if he’s a he. He may be a she.” 

“It doesn’t matter, Chagiya. I’m so happy. Thank you so much.” He reached for her and kissed her stomach before hugging her. “You don’t know how thankful I am. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

---







Jiyong rested his back on the headboard and placed a pillow on his lap, then he made Chaerin lay her head on the pillow while he gently her hair.

“Chagiya, I’m sorry.” 

“Hmm? What for?” she moved her head so that she could look at him.

“For doubting you. I thought you were cheating on me. I was so worried that you’d leave me.” 

“Aigoo! Oppa! Don’t you trust me?” She sat up and looked at him closely.

“I do. I just… I was just paranoid okay? I love you too much.” He gently caressed her cheek and smiled at her.

“I love you too, Oppa. And I’m not going anywhere.” 

---

 

 

A/N: I knoooow. lame title. but i had no choice:)) And this may be full of typos 'cause my partner was not able to edit it. We were cramming and it's a birthday gift for our dear friend so we had to post it before her birthday ended:))