Chapter 1

Good Night!~

 

That feeling...the feeling that makes you feel like there are butterflies in your stomach, the feeling that makes you smile on your own like an idiot...
 
I would like to experience that for once, with someone who loves me back, someone who will smile like an idiot, and I'm the reason for it.
 
 
 
 
"Kangjun-ah~" You tap repeatedly on your neighbour's window.
 
He grunts.
 
"Ya! Wake up!! We gotta get you ready for tonight. The school prom, remember?" You check your phone to see what time is it. "Come on Kangjun, it's 10 already."
 
"Alright, alright, aish." He opens his window. "Get in." He rubs his eyes.
 
'Omaigoddddddddd, so cute!~' you squeal inside your heart. "Go and take a bath NOW." you climb through his window.
 
He looks at you, "what you did just now was so not lady-like."
 
You look at his laundry on the floor, "this pile of laundry here," you pointed to the floor, "is sooooo not human-like."
 
Kangjun picked some of his dirty clothes and throw them at you.
 
"Ya!!" You scream out and try to catch him.
 
"MUAHAHAHA!" He runs to the bathroom, saving himself.
 
"I'm gonna get you for this! CHILDISH!"
 
"CHILDISH~~" he copied you in a high-pitched voice.
 
You laugh and sat on his bed.
 
Pururururu~~ Kangjun's phone rang.
 
"Kangjun-ah, you got a message." You get a hold of his phone.
 
"Can you read it for me?" He shot back.
 
"Yeah, of course. It's from..." 'What the...? Kangjun oppa~ Will you go with me tonight? >_< -Namjoo'
 
"It's from who?"
 
You are still reading the text repeatedly.
 
"Hello? Hyunrae? Are you there?"
 
'Stupid, stupid, I AM SOOOOO STUPID!' Unexpectedly, you run all the way to your house, slamming the door behind you, and of course bringing Kangjun's phone along.
 
You cup your right hand to your mouth and breathing heavily. "OPPA?!" you screamed out.
 
'What should I do? Should I delete this message or not?' You walk back and forth in the living room.
 
"Ya! Go Hyunrae! Make a decision! You are 18 already! Can't you make a small decision?!"
 
'Small? SMALL? Deleting someone else's text message is not something small. Especially when then someone else is your crush.' Your heart contemplated.
 
"Sorry Kangjun," you close your eyes tightly and delete Namjoo's message.
 
"Hyunrae?" you heard a familiar voice outside your house.
 
You quickly open the door and slammed it shut.
 
"Hi Kangjun." You smiled sheepishly, hiding your hands behind your back.
 
"Where is my phone?" He asks you, squinting his eyes like a detective.
 
"Oh yeah! Here-here you go." You stuttered.
 
He took the phone from your hand. "Eh? Your hands are cold. Are you having a fever Hyunrae?" He put his left hand on your forehead. "You are also breathing heavily. Can you really help me out?"
 
 
You look down on your shoes. 'That is the aftermath of running about 2 blocks in 1 second.' You sighed. "I'm okay Kangjun." You brush his hand away out of devastation and guilt. 'What if Kangjun liked Namjoo? The mean girl? But Kangjun is way too nice for her,' you look at Kangjun's puzzled expression, 'and way too cute for Namjoo.'
 
"Nothing." You start to lead the way. 
 
"Hey, you said there was a text right?"Kangjun started to unlock his phone.
 
Your eyes widened. "Emm, no, no it was just a mistake and sudde-suddenly my mom called for me."You smile like an idiot, hoping that your lie will work.
 
Kangjun just smile and takes your hand, walking with you hand-in-hand to the suit store.
 
You just sighed.
 
 
 
 
"How do I look?" He smiles proudly.
 
"Stupid." You blurted out. 'Great!' Once again, your heart and your mouth contemplated.
 
"What do you mean by that? That's not even a quality to describe someone's appearance." He pouted.
 
You feel guilty. "Come here." You walk towards him and tip-toed to straightened his bow tie.
 
He looks at you.
 
You just smile bitterly to him. "Now, you look great." You sigh. "Excuse me." You walk out of the store to try and calm yourself, to wipe some of the tears that came out uninvited.
 
After a few minutes, Kangjun went out. "Are... you okay?"
 
You look up to him.
 
"Yeah, my mom just called." You lied.
 
Kangjun sighed and dragged you to your favourite ice-cream parlour.
 
"Sit here." He ordered you.
 
'Who does he think he is,' but you still do as he ordered anyway.
 
"Here you go." Kangjun smiles brightly. "Vanilla sundae with extra sprinkles."
 
'That smile won't be for me anymore sooner or later.'
 
"Thanks." You drag the ice-cream towards you.
 
"Woah, woah, woah. Wait for a while missy. That is not for your. It's ours."
 
He puts the ice-cream back to the middle of the table.
 
"Missy? Ewww." You laugh, "and why is there only one spoon?" You held the spoon in the air.
 
"My hand is too tired from holding the suit, so you have to feed me." Kangjun opened his mouth making an O shape.
 
"No way dude. That suit is not that heavy." You start to eat the ice-cream by yourself.
 
Kangjun kept his mouth opened. 
 
You scoffed, "you are so childish," and feed him a spoonful of ice-cream.
 
Pururururu~ Kangjun's phone rang. Both of you look towards his phone which is located on the table. He quickly grab his phone and answers the call.
 
"Hello...Huh?" Kangjun looked at you and shifts his eyes away.
 
You that's been watching him, pretend to eat the ice-cream.
 
"No, I didn't...really?...but no...thanks anyway."
 
He put the phone at on the table again and smiles. "Am i the only one?"
 
'Ahhh! Did he knew?!' You keep eating the ice-cream, avoiding his eyes.
 
"What's bothering you today?" Kangjun asks.
 
"Huh?" Both of your eyes met.
 
"It's...nothing."
 
He cleared his throat.
 
"So, Hyunrae-ah, what colour is your dress?"
 
"It's pink." You kept eating the ice-cream.
 
His eyes widened. "You are kidding me, right?"
 
"No, I am not." You looked at him. "Why? Is there a problem with that?"
 
"No, but you don't like pink. The Hyunrae I know is a little boyish and is s-"
 
"WHAT? Are girls like Namjoo are the only one allowed to wear pink and be girly?" You suddenly snapped and walked away.
 
"still cute." Kangjun finished his sentence, only to be heard by himself.
 
 
 
'Stupid.You are soooooo stupid Go Hyunrae!'
 
You look at your reflection in the mirror. "Stupid. Why would you choose pink just because he likes girls who wears pink?"
 
"Mom, Dad, I'm going." You walk down the stairs in your dress.
 
"Oh my God you look so cute." Your mom squeals.
 
"Aren't you gonna wait for Kangjun like usual?" Your Dad ask while taking your picture with your Mom.
 
"No." You clear your throat. "We promised to meet at school." You nod unknowingly.
 
"Do you want me to send you?" Dad asked.
 
"No thanks Dad. Well, I'm going now." You walk down the stairs.
 
When you arrived at school, instead of going to the 'Grand Ball Room' a.k.a the gym you went to the place that you always hung out with Kangjun, under the tree at the school's little park.
 
After sitting there for like 30 minutes, you get your phone out from your purse and play C-Clown's song, Good Night.
 
"Aish, isn't it fun if a guy had a feeling for me? Being the reason that he smiles like an idiot?" You mumble to yourself.
 
"Well, if you give him a chance to tell you."
 
You half-shouted and looked behind. A tall and slender figure wearing a tuxedo is standing behind you. You immediately knew who it was.
 
You try to reach your phone to pause the song but Kangjun stopped you and paused the song himself.
 
He sat next to you while holding your phone.
 
"You know how tiring it is? I went to your home, and went to to the gym asking SunHi and MinJee your whereabouts are, running like an idiot through the neighbourhood worrying about you?"
 
You just keep quiet.
 
"Ya! Go HyunRae!" He turned to look up at you.
 
"Are you scolding me now?" You look up at him and realise that he is in a mess, his face and neck is full of sweat, making a feeling call guilt spread all over yourself. "Why don't you just call me?" Now it's your turn to get mad.
 
"Well," he blinked at looked to the front. "Well- that was stupid of me. Anyway, don't you owe me an apology?"
 
You looked away, "No I don't."
 
Kangjun suddenly place your head on his shoulder.
 
You try to resist. "What are you doing Kangjun? You smelled like tuna."
 
"Isn't it fun being the reason to make someone smells like tuna?" Both of you laughed at his joke. Without realising, you stop resisting. 
 
'Eh? His heart is beating so fast! Or is it because he just ran around the neighbourhood?'
 
"Now look up honey, I got a surprise for you." Kangjun suddenly sang the words from your favourite song. 
 
You looked up.
 
"Ewww. Who'll ever call you honey." He stuck out his tongue.
 
You scoffed, "well, have fun Kangjun, I'm going." While you are about to stand, he takes your wrist which makes you sit on the half wet grass again. "What now?" You roll your eyes.
 
He placed his head on your shoulder. "I'm just kidding Hyunrae. Let me sleep for a while can I? Good night~" He smiled. 
 
You move your left hand to touch his hair. "Oh, and another thing," you froze when Kangjun suddenly spoke. "You looked pretty tonight and I like you."
 
Your heart started to beat like crazy. 'It's a lucky thing he is on my right side, so he won't hear that my heart is beating SO FAST'
 
"I like you too, always," you whispered.
 
Kangjun took your right hand in his right hand and squeezed it gently.
 
You rested your head on top of his and smiled to yourself.
 
But you suddenly remembered something. "Ya! Kangjun-ah, what about Namjoo? What's your relation with her?" You tried to shake Kangjun out of his sleep.
 
"Kangjun-ah~ Wake up! Oh! and does that makes us boyfriend and girlfriend? Kangjun-ah! Kangjun-ah." You just sigh.
 
"One day," Kangjun suddenly speaks, "one day you'll look up and there will be a surprise for you."
 
"WHAT?" You pinch your nose bridge.
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
THE END!~~ So how was it? And you guys should TOTALLY check out C-Clown's song : Good Night~ ^^