Five.

Majestic love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A pair of coal black eyes stared at a closed drawer with such sadness emanated from them. The owner of those eyes, namely Sungmin of Northern Lights, actually did not have any resentment toward the drawer whatsoever. Instead, the resentment he held in his heart was directed to a certain piece of paper and a photograph that were being kept inside.

Or maybe he should say that the resentment he held in his heart was directed to several pieces of paper and photograph safely tuck inside the small drawer.

Releasing a resigned sigh, Sungmin opened the drawer and took those pieces of paper. With an adhesive tape he managed to put all the pieces together. Once his work was done, he observed the result. Those pieces of paper were now put together to form a letter, a very familiar letter which his Kyuhyun had sent two years ago along with a piece of photograph that had succeeded in making him hate one certain place called Sentia.

He had read from several books from the vast collections in their library that Sentia is such a paradise. It holds the beauty missing from the nations surrounding it, a perfect place to create memories. That which Sungmin frowned upon, Kyuhyun created memories without him.

Isn’t he important anymore?

Would Kyuhyun just remember him when they reach the right age and when they would be married?

His mouth thinned when he thought over it.

Two springs had passed was the time that Sungmin last got any letter from his fiancé. His calendar at the moment showed the current month as July, a second month of summer which meant more than two years had passed and there was no letter whatsoever coming from that stupid fiancé of his.

That fact alone was enough to justify his action of ripping off that innocent piece of letter into pieces out of anger. But when he saw the result of his action, he started to regret his act. That letter had been written by Kyuhyun's hand.

How could he rip it off? How could he possibly destroy the last thing that Kyuhyun had ever sent him?

No, he just could not bear the thought of it. Therefore, no matter how angered, how annoyed, how bitter he was over the fact that his fiancé had not made any contact with him during those long twenty something months, he just could not throw away any of those sweet letters Kyuhyun had sent him. Just like how he could never throw away the feelings he reserved for Kyuhyun. Just like how he never stopped sending Kyuhyun letter by letter even though he got no reply. Just like how he could never stopped loving Kyuhyun no matter what.

He gave a bitter chuckle at that. It seemed his years of being together with an idiot had rendered him to be an idiot himself. So great was the extent of his idiocy until a year ago he had decided to go to Aries and entered an academy there for the sole purpose of wanting to see his fiancé's homeland.

Yes, at the moment he was in SM Academy, a private school located in the Aries Settlement.

He was so lost at the moment, he was in Aries, his fiancé’s homeland yet he feels so alone and neglected. That feeling of loneliness and being ignored surfaces in him once in a while.

It was a nice school, and he felt contented about his decision of applying there. And he could see Aries with his own eyes, that country that Kyuhyun was so proud of. Now that he had finally seen it, he could understand why Kyuhyun loved that country so much. Aries was nice and warm, a perfect place for someone like Kyuhyun to live in. Aries was a country which he enjoyed greatly.

Though Sungmin knew he would enjoy it even more should there be a boy with a pair of dazzling chocolate brown eyes on his side.

Cho Kyuhyun, he thought with a bittersweet feeling. Oh, how he missed that person. How he missed his fiancé. Two years were really too long of a time for someone to yearn and pine silently. Two years! And he could not do anything. He could ask for no one to help him. He could not possibly ask for his father's help in that matter, as if his father would care about his love life. He also could not ask for Kyuhyun's father to help him to communicate with his son. It was frankly improper if he should trouble the Prime Minister only because his son did not care about him anymore.

There was that thought again. The thought that had been troubling him nonstop during the last two years: what if Kyuhyun simply did not care about him again? What if Kyuhyun simply stopped writing him because he thought nothing of him anymore? What should he do then? What if…

A sound of knocking stopped Sungmin from his train of thought and his head darted to the closed mahogany door. With his status as a royalty, he had afforded to live in a villa inside the school's complex. It was a luxury he greatly enjoyed for it offered him his much needed privacy. But it seemed something was about to disturb his privacy as being indicated by the knock on his door.

Knowing it was impolite to let the one knocking standing too long on his doorstep, he walked to the door that was leading to a study he currently occupied. He thought it was probably only his butler or maybe one of his guards. But when finally he opened his door and saw the person standing outside, he could say in perfect honesty that it was not someone that he ever thought would stand there at that time of all time.

For there, outside his door, was a grinning boy with a pair of chocolate brown eyes that he had come to love. A bouquet of white lilies nestled securely in that person's hands and a voice… the voice that he had not heard for so long… too long… called out to him.

"Sungmin."

However, the voice triggered the strong emotions he held in him. The bitterness that he had kept for so long, it coiled around his stomach and tried to make way to his mouth. Sungmin feel like throwing up. The anxiety and excitement is making it hard for him to deal the person he had longed to see.

With that, Sungmin closed the door with a loud bang. An illusion, he thought fervently. His mind was tired so it played tricks on him. It had to be. There was no way that Kyuhyun…

"Sungmin!" Kyuhyun's wailing voice was audible from the other side of his door. "Why did you close your door on me? Sungmin, it's me! It's Kyuhyun! It's your Kyuhyun! Don't tell me you've forgotten about me! Sungmin, open this door please…"

"You're not!" he shouted back. "You can't be my Kyuhyun… you… go away, you forgetful human being!"

"Sungmin, don't be ridiculous! Open this door now or I'll force my way!"

His eyes widened at that. He knew the extent of Kyuhyun's power, and he had no doubt he would be able to break the door should he really mean it. Considering all the options he had in his hands, Sungmin then opted to lock the door and head for the window. He could hear the door begin to break even when he opened the window. And when he jumped out from the open window, he could see from the corner of his eyes that Kyuhyun had managed to break his door open and enter his study. He released a squeak before he dashed out of the window and though he did not look back even once afterward, he knew that Kyuhyun was chasing after him, all the while professing his undying love for him.

He whimpered when he thought what a scene they were making. He just hoped they would not attract any unwanted attention even though he knew that his hope was in vain. He cursed his guards as he tried to run faster. They should be protecting him, he thought frantically, where were they when a maniac chased after him like that?

 

 

According to murphy's law, anything that could go wrong would surely go wrong. Sungmin of Northern Lights found the proof of this principle in a hard way that day. Just think, when he was being chased by his fiancé who had disappeared on him for years and suddenly came back, the worst possible thing to happen would be that someone saw the stupid scene they were making.

Kim Ryeowook, president of Student Council in SM Academy, had his eyes narrowed at the scene before him. A devilish smirk was then appeared on his. His bestfriend and subordinate, Lee Sungmin was being chased by a lanky looking yet handsome young boy that he positively identified as an Arian himself. Not wanting to miss his chance, he grabbed the nearest person on his side that happened to be Zhou Mi, a central point exchange student. He had managed to get a place in school despite Aries being in war with the said nation.

"Bring my camera and help me follow Sungmin and that mysterious guy," Ryeowook said.

"We have news to spread."

Zhou mi smiled and readily agreed. "Yes, Ma'am, I mean Sir."

Indeed, anything that could go wrong would surely go wrong. And on that particular day, it seemed the law especially applied for Sungmin of Northern Lights.

 

 

Sungmin cursed his legs as he tried to run faster. He could see Kyuhyun getting closer and closer to him, and he knew soon the other would surely outrun him. The only reason why Kyuhyun had not yet managed to surpass him was only because Sungmin knew the layout of SM campus better than him. He might not be a fast runner but he knew how to maneuver his way on those many corridors inside the building.

That was so, until he came to a dead end.

He cursed openly with a word that was not proper to come from the lips of a Prince. Bewildered, he tried searching for another way but Kyuhyun blocked his way. There was only one way out and Kyuhyun had positioned himself there, effectively blocking his attempt at escaping. Worse still, there were people other than him and Kyuhyun, watching them with curiosity. Of course they would, he thought with a groan. Who would not get curious at seeing a mysterious man chasing after another man while professing his love for the other?

Knowing he could not run away anymore, he then resigned himself to his fate. He stood up straight and tried to retrieve his breath. No matter what, he still had his pride, and he refused to look frail in front of people, moreover in front of Kyuhyun. He noted with envy that Kyuhyun's breath was not in the least ragged. It was the complete opposite compared to his. That somewhat short distance of running had made him almost asphyxiated.

"Why did you run away from me?" Kyuhyun asked him, his voice calm and measured.

Sungmin almost cried when he heard that question. How could his fiancé say that to him after years of abandoning him? Yet he also did not know why he ran away. He wanted to see Kyuhyun yet when he saw him in person, he bolted away. Just how stupid could he be, he thought frantically.

He wanted Kyuhyun but… he also did not want him. He just did not know what to do.

"Sungmin," Kyuhyun called his name again. "Sungmin, why did you run away from me?"

"I don't know," he said with his choked voice.

"I don't know, Kyuhyun! Just shut up. I cannot… just what are you thinking? You… you cannot… just leave me, Kyuhyun, don't torment me like this. I've had enough… I cannot take this anymore… why are you doing this to me?”

 Sungmin said despite the unseen force clogging words in his throat, he said them even thought his tears had completely blurred Kyuhyun out from his sight.

"I love you," Kyuhyun said or blurted rather. And at that the people around them uttered collective gasps.

"Don't!" he snapped.

"Don't give me that crap now. How dare you! Two years, Kyuhyun… two years and I never heard anything from you! Two years you've been abandoning me and now you suddenly come and say that to me!"

"I did not abandon you!" Kyuhyun said.

"Then what do you call it?" he yelled, minding not that his voice only attracted greater crowd. "Two years without any letter, without any phone call, without any visit. I don't care that you are in Sentia with your friends or whatever.”

The following thoughts dangerously struck Sungmin but he needs to say it or he wouldn’t have enough courage the next time. And he’s hurting already, it hurts him so much that he knows  he needs to get it off from him chest.

"I don't care if you want to end this… this whatever thing between us, but please… just don't leave me in the dark like that, Kyuhyun."

"Who said I want to end anything?" Kyuhyun said with such seriousness in his eyes. "I am your fiancé, Sungmin, and never in my mind have I wanted to change that. I love you!"

At the word 'fiancé', the crowd around them went crazy. If Sungmin were able to give much thought on the situation, he would surely felt really angry. But that time his mind was already too occupied by Kyuhyun so he gave no heed that the people around them began to talk among themselves, saying 'did you hear that?' while nudging the person on their left and right.

The only form of recognition he possessed was only directed to the standing person before him, his Kyuhyun, who at that time being was still holding that bouquet of white lilies in his hands.

"But you…" Sungmin began. "These two years… no, even long before that… you seemed not to take regard of me anymore…"

"It's not intentional," Kyuhyun said. "I swear to you, Sungmin, I never want to do that! My visits, my letters, my phone calls, they were sparse only because it was hard to visit you or to send you letter or to phone you from the military. I love you, honestly. I never meant to abandon you, Sungmin, please trust me!"

He blinked at a certain word Kyuhyun spoke. "M-military?"

It was then that he looked at Kyuhyun more carefully and realized that his fiancé was indeed wearing a Northern Lights military uniform.

He gaped.

 He was familiar with that rust colored uniform that he knew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter