I didn't know

I didn't know

Here I am in the dining room waiting for you to arrive home. I studied the clock hung on the wall. Quarter past midnight. I even cooked all your favorite foods. But I knew. I knew you'd stand me up again. I'm alreay immune to it, so what does it matter. I got out tupperware putting away the food incase you'd want to eat when you get home. Finished cleaning up I came across the anniversary card. The one where I expressed all my feelings, all my thoughts and love but you won't be opening it here with me. You'd get up from your seat and embrace me tightly while saying you love me and have the same feelings. But instead your gone. Not here on our 4th year anniversary. What happened to us. We Were the ideal couple no one could seperate. The relationship everyone envied . Yet you're gone, probablywith the girl of your dreams. I guess what people quote were right. 'No ones the same behind closed doors.' You're not the same from when we first met. You were so cheesy,loving, and caring. That's all gone now. No love. No care. You always came back home and peaked my lips saying you had to work late. I knew you were lying, but I don't want to let you go. No matter if you stop loving me just please don't leave me. It's happen to me more then once I don't want to go through all the heart aches again. Inhaling and exhaling as i walk up the stairs. I turn  to the right to enter our bedroom. I change into one of your t-shirts along with comfortable basketball shorts. I step Into our king size bed snuggling on your side inhaling your intoxicting scent. I drift off. Hearing our house alarm beep indicating you're home. I looked at the clock on your nightstand. 3:28 a.m it read. I didn't want to move away from  your spot, so I closed my eyes and acted as if I was asleep. I knew you'd fall for it since you always did even before you drifted away from me. Our wooden floors creaked as you tryed to quietly walk in the room not wanting to awake me. Only if you knew of a thing called acting. You changed into basketball shorts as you went on my side of the bed, cuddling closer to my 'sleeping' body. You keep pulling me closer than usaul. You whispered sweet things to me repeating how much you love me. You haven't done this since  the first 3 years we dated. Overthinking, I decided I should get some rest. I fell asleep in your arms. I woke up early to make us breakfast. I rose from the bed to be pulled back down in your bear hug. I gently told you that I'd  make breakfast. With lots of persuading you finally released me. I walked in the kitchen passing the dining table along the way. I saw the anniversary card on the table. clearly visible that you read it. I picked it up and looked inside. I saw your teardrops smearing some of the print. I heard the pattern of your footsteps oming down the stairs nearing the kitchen. I tryed to hide the card but I was to slow. You caught me off guard with your well known bears hugs, apologizing how you never meant for me to feel the way. Yet again repeating like last night how much you love me and will never leave me. I thought you were lying until I saw your eyes full of sencerity . I burst into tears as you embraced me. You told me how you got a new job at a night club, and had to work late. I'm so stupid to make such a silly conclusion of you cheating on me, but I couldn't help it. You told me how you tryed to get of early since it was our anniversary, but they didn't allow you. You keep insisting how our gonna make it up to me, kneeling down on one knee. You reached in your pocket and pulled out a black silky box. Popping it open a beautiful diamond ring encountered my vision. I stood in shock as all the wind flew out of me. Til I heard your soothing voice pop the 4 word question. Will you marry me. Tears blurred my vision as I nodded my head to your question. You pulled me into a hug and slipped the diamond on my finger. You apologized for making me suffer with thoughts of him cheating. Yet you ended it off with your cheesiness. Kim Kibum your the only one I will ever see. I lightly slapped your arm. Shut up Jjongie. I love you. I love you to. Replying as we huged tighter.