CHAPTER 1

Touched by a sunshine

 

    KKKKKRRRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGGG !!!!!!  ….. “arghhhhhh  it’s  7.30 already”….gosh time flies man…I mumbled as reached to off my alarm clock… “having another  5 minutes of sleep would not hurt that much right …yup it will not hurt”……i smiled and snuggled under my pink comfy blanket …..

JIYEON…..YOU ARE LATE !!!! …. IT’S 8.30” whmmm whe what mom…did I heard my mother saying it’s 8.30 a.m or is it me dreaming.. ..

I reached my alarm clock and with my sleepy eyes I tried to look at my alarm clock. “OH MY GOSHHHH …I am sooo  late”  …. Those were the only words that came out from me as I quickly jumped out of my bed and clumsily ran to the bathroom … I brushed my teeth and bath both simultaneously.

“I am soo not going to take the ‘5 minutes’ sleep anymore and that is a promise”  …..  I thought to myself and went to my wardrobe,  took out my violet T-shirt and black jeans and got prepared… as I was combing my long dark brown hair, I took a glance at my alarm clock and it’s already 8.50 a.m….

“ I am sooo dead today” I said that to myself and hurried down the staircase, taking my bag and rushing to the car where my mother has been waiting for me in the car like ..nearly 20 minutes.

“ Sorry ma i will not  repeat this again” I said as I was busy putting on my sneakers. Mom was just nodding her head and took the car off.

“Jiyeon…. You have to be punctual as you are a medical student now…you must know…” arghhhh there goes mom again with her long lecture on punctuality…I sighed.

Although it is true all what she said, it’s just that this is not the time ma….i thought as I threw my sight outside of the window. As we reached the campus area, I quickly gave a hug to my mother and got off and started running to the main door as if being chased by a dog.  As I sneaked into the class from the back door and getting to my seat, suddenly….

“Miss  Park Ji Yeon..welcome to the class”….

said by the lecturer in a sarcastic voice  as he turned and looked at me. “ so..so..sorry professor I will not repeat this again”… I said in a trembling voice , “well you better be as this is your first and last warning…do I made myself clear,”…crystal clear prof. I said and taking my seat.

“WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED JIYEON..you are late for your first day…” Hwayoung  whispered to me as she was sitting right beside me. Well you know, overslept ..i said and she just gave me a pinch on my hand….””ouchhh..what was that for…” Well for you being late to class and a sign showing I missed u a lot....she said with her innocent smile on her face….

It has been my dream of being a doctor ever since the age 5 and being here in Alexandria University College of Medical Sciences as a first year medical student was truly a dream come true for me. Today is my first day of starting my degree programme after a 3 months break for completing my 1 year pre university programme in the same university. Although the first day did not turn out well but I do hope that 5 years being here will give a unique essence to my life.