Double Cream

Mind Controller

 

*Mind control (also known as brainwashing, coercive persuasion, mind abuse, menticide, thought control, or thought reform) refers to a process in which a group or individual "systematically uses unethically manipulative methods to persuade others to conform to the wishes of the manipulator(s), often to the detriment of the person being manipulated".

 

--------------

 

"What’s your name?" A boy with dark skinned and thick lips asked, handing a cup of coffee to the last costumer who strangely familiar to him.

The costumer, a boy, shorter, with fair skin and big round eyes eyed the barista with a faint smile on his juicy lips. "Do Kyungsoo.." He sipped the coffee, raised his head to meet the confused boy who tried his best to figure out the name from his head. "Stop it Jongin, you won't remember me anymore after I finished this cup though" Kyungsoo smirked.

The bartender, Jongin, furrow his brows. "How did you know my name? And hey.. Is it my shirt that your wearing?" Jongin eyed the boy's shirt. The old grey shirt with printed words "I Hate Today". He remember it clearly it was his shirt. He used to wear it a long time ago, but he couldn't remember how could the shirt was on this boy's body. Kyungsoo, Jongin recalled the name, he supposed to know this boy, he felt familiar with the name, but he couldn't find any memory or traces related to the name in his head.

"Jongin..." Kyungsoo called, sipped the last drop of the coffee and raised his head. Kyungsoo eyes locked Jongin's and there were something on his eyes that make Jongin felt like his head spinning around just by looking into them. "You'll forget me, you'll forget tonight there's a costumer coming to order a caramel latte with extra cream, you'll forget that you asked him his name, you'll forget everything about me..." Kyungsoo blinks. Once. Twice. And Jongin fainted to the floor.

Kyungsoo turned around; he closed his eyes and opened the exit door while mumbled. "Like you did yesterday also"

And the boy disappeared in to the night.

 

***

 

RING!

The door bell ringing loudly, Jongin peeked at his wristwatch and noticed it's just 2 minutes left before closing, so he should greet and serve the costumer.

Last costumer, Jongin thought. Actually, Jongin felt like Déjà Vu, he felt like he was in such the situation before. Jongin felt like..

"Have we met before?" Jongin couldn't help but feeling strange, the boy, his last costumer, made him feel like he knows this boy before. That Jongin was used to looking to thoose big round eyes and getting lost into them before. That Jongin was used to tracing his fingers to thoose smooth cheeks before. That Jongin was used to... kissing those beautiful juicy lips before.

That Jongin was used to saying :

"I love you.." Jongin blurted out, totally lost in his minds.

The boy, looks surprised, but not with horror. His facial expressions showed that he used to listen to those words from Jongin's lips before.

He smirked.

"I love you too Jongin, so much. That's why I always come every day just to see your face for a good 2 minutes before disappearing completely from your mind." The boy cracked into tears. "I love you yeah I do.. But we're not meant to be together... No... No if I were the mind controller who could make you kill every time everywhere if you're with me. No."

Jongin didn't understand why the boy was crying, he didn't understand it too what the boy has said. It's sound nonsense. Mind controller? Killed? What's with that bull?

But why.. Why he felt like his heart torn apart..

Why despite all this nonsense.. Jongin was crying too?

"Don't.. Don't leave... Please.. I’m begging you..." Jongin take the stranger's hands to his palms, showered it with kisses. He felt so right just by touching the hands of the boy's. Why? Why he felt like this way towards a completely stranger like him?

"Jongin..." The boys called. Jongin nodded, he was so happy to hear his name come to those beautiful lips. "Jongin..." It sounds so right.

"Yeah?" Jongin finally raised his head to meet the other's eyes. Their eyes locked to each other. And the magic was coming again today.

"You'll forget me, you'll forget tonight there's a costumer coming to order a caramel latte with extra cream tonight, and you will forget that you love him, you'll forget everything about me..." Like a mantra Kyungsoo words make Jongin’s startled and stunned at the moment he talked.

Suddenly Jongin felt the world spinning around before he was black out and fell to the floor.

The boy, mind controller; that's what the other called him, or Kyungsoo; what Jongin called him, turned around. Walking out from the cafe and sighed.

"Its better this way, it's better this way..."

 

***

 

"So, I heard that you controlled the king's minds and made him stop to declare the war?" A tall guy, with curly messy hair, was sitting at the rooftop of the high building. There was a smaller boy sitting next to him too, sleeping, he look pretty with his eyeliner and rose lips. And not too far there was a small figure boy with short neat hair and big round eyes standing in the edge of the rooftop, hands in the pants pockets.

"Yeah, I just did what they told me to do. Same with you who burned the Seoul Bank yesterday to erase the trace right? Phoenix?" The neat short hairs boy smirked.

The tall boy smiled, chuckled while he kept rubbing slowly the back of his hands to the boy cheeks who slept on his arms "How many times I told you to call me Chanyeol instead? And why don't you ever let me remember your name huh?" He tilted his head.

The nameless guy just jerks his head. "Because it's dangerous just to know my name. I don't want anyone to get harm because of my name.. Does Light still work with us though? He looks not really good and doesn't work much these days.."

Chanyeol, Phoenix, or whatever people called him, just turned his head to the small boy who looks peacefully sleping on his arms. "Baekhyun is doing fine, he's just easily gets tired. It's the after effect of his power I guess. It's still unstable yet he used it too much for the job." His eye glued to the smaller’s face, and Kyungsoo could see that Chanyeol's in love. “Hard worker, isn’t he?” Chanyeol brushed Baekhyun’s hairs from his temples gently, afraid that with a single move he would awaken the boy.

That was something that Kyungsoo saw in Chanyeol’s eyes. And he realized it just now.

"You're in love" Kyungsoo said.

Chanyeol turned around with flushed face. "What? What do you mean dude? You gotta be kidding me- I'm not.. I--"

"I see the way you look at him"

Chanyeol coughed, tried not to awaken the sleeping beauty in his arms. "How did you know?" He lowered his voice, but still his deep and husky voice sounded loud.

Kyungsoo turned around and walked to the door instead of answering Chanyeol. Before he left he closed his eyes and chuckled. "I know because you used to look at me that way.. Chanyeol-ah" And disappeared from Chanyeol's sight.

Chanyeol blinks his eyes, he frowned and was thinking about what Kyungsoo meant but the sleeping beauty seems awaken from his sleeps. "Baekhyun-ah have I awaken you ?"

Baekhyun, rubs his eyes, make the eyeliner smears on his eyelid but make him look even more cuter that Chanyeol wanted to squished him down. "I heard that you are talking to someone. Who?" Baekhyun turned around to see nobody but the two of them in the rooftop.

Chanyeol smiled, he's about to say about the boy with neat short hairs and big round eyes with the name that he couldn't remember was be there a couple minute ago before Baekhyun awaken, but...

Chanyeol blinks.

His mind goes blank.

"I don't remember I talking with anyone before. You must be dreaming Baek.. There is just two of us here..." Chanyeol felt strange, but he didn't know why.

Because his minds was already controlled by Kyungsoo. Because Kyungsoo already erased his memory about Kyungsoo from Chanyeol’s head completely without any traces left.

"Oh maybe, should we go back home now? The night is getting colder y'know?" Baekhyun hugs himself when Chanyeol wrap him with his big coat that looks like a dress on him. "Thanks Yeol"

Chanyeol's face was flushed in red, Baekhyun thought it must be because the cold. "It's okay Baek"

And Kyungsoo smiled from the other side building from where Chanyeol and Baekhyun were standing.

“It’s better this way.. It’s better like I was thinking right?”

 

***

 

Jongin was finished mopping  the floor, it was the closed time from the cafe and with that his job was done today.

He sighed and leaned to the counter, he peeked to his wristwatch. It's already past 15 minutes after the closed time. He was done with all the works. But why he felt like there was something that he's not finished yet.

RING!

The door bell of the cafe ringing, Jongin stands to say that the cafe was already closed. But he felt like he lost his ability to talk when he faced the boy with neat short hair and big round eyes and juicy lips stand right in front of him.

"Is the cafe already closed? I got late because my old cycle needed  to be repair and I...."

He looks all wet, it must be because he was running for his life to this cafe that's why he's all that sweaty; Jongin thought.

"It's okay... Can I ask you what you want to order, Sir?" Jongin smiled, prepare the cashier machine to calculate the price and all the orders from the costumer, when strangely he felt like...

"I want a caramel latte..."

"With extra cream?" Jongin asked, he didn't know why he thought that the boy would order it, he know it by his heart, and his heart flutters more when he saw the short guy soothing him a smile.

"Yes, please. Kim Jongin-ssi..."

Jongin made what the boy's orders immediately as he hums to the song.

"Did you just hum 'Beneath Your Beautiful' song?" The short boy asked.

Jongin turned around, furrowed brows. "Did I?"

The short boy laughs, he was laughing hard to his knees, and he was crying.

Jongin panic, he get out from the counter and give the boy's hug to calming him down, and Jongin felt like everything was puzzled. Everything was perfect, just by the presence of the boy in his arms.

"Jongin?" The boy, rested his chin on Jongin's shoulder, hands on the waist.

Jongin's heart skipped a beat at the way the boy called his name. "Y.. yeah?"

“It’s the lullaby that I used to sing to you when you’re sleeping” The boy, hugs Jongin even tighter, make their chest glued to each other so it could beat in the same heartbeat, loud and fast.

Jongin didn’t understand what the boy mean, lullaby? And this boy used to sing for him? When? Why Jongin didn’t remember anything about it?

"My name is Do Kyungsoo, and I used to live in the same apartment with you a year ago before I got founded by the government as the mind controller and I made myself disappear from everyone's mind just in a second. What I did to you too, what makes you forget who I am and I am always thinking that you'll forget me; you'll have a better life without me. Until that day came I kept coming to the place you're work at as the last costumer who came right at 2 minutes before the cafe is closed." Kyungsoo felt like he's about to burst when Jongin grab his shoulder and shut him off with a kiss. A deep and longingly kiss.

"Jongin.. Listen... You'll forget this.. I'll make you forget tonight as well so you can continue your life without me- Jongin I...."

"No, you are the one who needs to listen to me!" Jongin yelled at Kyungsoo who finally shut his mouth and listened to Jongin. "You maybe a mind controller or whatever it is.. You may erase your traces from my mind completely, you may control my mind easily. But.." Jongin took a deep breath before he cup Kyungsoo's face and brought Kyungsoo's hands to his chest, where his heart was beating so loud.

"You can't erase your fingerprints that you left here..." And Jongin saw big ugly tears left out Kyungsoo's big round eyes again, he kissed the eyelid to make it stop, and Kyungsoo laughs bitterly.

"You will never ever control someone's heart. In this case, mine. That is always running to you." Jongin smiled, carressing Kyungsoo's cheeks

"I'm sorry Jongin.. I'm sorry..." Kyungsoo cried. "They said they will kill anyone who has a relation with me; they said they will haunt anyone who can harm our organization to the end of the world. I.. I don't want them to hurt you.. No...Most of all it's because of me..."

Jongin closed his eyes, he broke the hug and made a distance between them but nor far enough to make Jongin t see clearly how many tears left Kyungsoo's eyes.

"What’s your name?" Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo eyes widen, he laughs to himself, of course he won't remember. "Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo..."

Jongin smiled and nodded. "I already save it to my heart, so no one could make me forget you, and if they want to kill me they can't because you're already control my minds, and you can control their mind too right?"

Kyungsoo got hit in the head. Why did he never have a thought of it before?

"Silly and clumsy Do Kyungsoo.." Jongin mocked, and leaned in and placed a quick kiss on Kyungsoo's lips. "But still, I love you though"

Kyungsoo nodded. "I love you too Jongin.." Kyungsoo carressed Jongin's cheeks and eyed him with longing eyes. I'm sorry, he whispered. And Jongin nodded and told him its okay, he will remember Kyungsoo by his heart.

That night, Jongin ended up in the floor like usually, the manager always be the one who awaken him up from the cold floor, making  Jongin shivered.

"Why do you always like to sleep on the floor Jongin-ssi? It's late, you better go home now kid."

Jongin muttered sorry while bowing and said goodbye to the manager when he's left the cafe.

Jongin didn't remember how he ended up in the floor. And it happened every day? Why?

Jongin didn't know the answer, and he's too tired to think about it when he met his bed in his cheap apartment.

Jongin jump to the bed and sneaked in to the warm blankets, Jongin smiled and turned around and noticed there were still the extra pillows in the bed that he never knew since when he bought two pillows for one man in one bad? And sometimes Jongin felt his bed was strangely a little bigger for himself.

His friends, Sehun told him to change the bed to the smaller one so his room would look bigger. But there was something on his heart that told him to not do it and keep the bed with the extra pillows with him.

Jongin grab the extra pillows to his embrace and hug it tight while he buried his face to it.

Jongin never knew that the extra pillow have such a nice fragrance that make him sleep deeply like this way before.

Jongin never knew.

That it might be that someone left this fragrance.

Someone's who already erased from his mind.

"Kyunggie.. Come home quickly.." Jongin muttered between the pillows as he went Dream Island. Jongin had a beautiful dream about a beautiful boy that Jongin found attractive and familiar to him.

Do Kyungsoo.

The name that left finger prints on Jongin's heart.

In the morning, Jongin woked up with a sweat and empty bed and it felt so wrong to be awaken alone every day.

He tried to remember the guy's face on his dream or a slight of the name. Jongin tried hardly but he got nothing.

So he decided to get up and start everything all over again.

RING!

"Welcome, what do you want to order Sir?"

"A caramel latte" The boy paused. "And with extra creams"

 

 

END

 

 

i want to write the sequel in the beginning but i'm too lazy for it, forgive me ;)

too many fics to write lately

comments are love

 

beta by my dearest friend dio0407

 

and please check my new sequel 

Flirtationship - all of exo's member as girl