The String That Attached

The String That Attached

 

The Strings That Attached
 
 
*Jiyeon's POV*
 
I let out a heavy sigh as I was walking slowly at the empty street. I was on my way home from my part-time job. My fingers were freezing like a liquid turning into ice so I walked faster since I'm not wearing warm clothes. The breeze was very cold and brought shiver to my spines. It was winter season.
 
I reached my house and entered it quickly as my body starting to freeze too! I looked around the house. As usual, there aren't any human being in my house except for me. I let out a heavy sigh again.
 
Umma, appa, when are you going home? I want to, move school faster.....
 
I put my bag down on the small couch and entered the kitchen. I took out the left-over food from my refrigerator and heated it. Then, I started digging in the food eventhough it doesn't taste as tasty as the food I used to eat with my family. Hmmm... About my family....
 
Well... They had been away to Japan five months ago, two days after I started senior year in my new school, Woollim High. All I know that they'll be back after a year. That's what they said in the note that they stuck on the refrigerator. I don't care about them going to Japan, my only problem is my new school. I hate it! The students there treat me like junk. They called me 'nerd' just because of my big glasses.
 
As I was washing the dishes, the door bell rang. I dried my hands and quickly walked to the living room to open the door.
 
"Myungsoo?" I said as soon as I saw his figure infront of the door. "Hey" he replied and smiled at me. Kim Myung Soo, my childhood friend ever since we were kids. He's the reason why I moved to Woollim High. He wanted help from me in finding him a perfect girlfriend. I repeat.. PERFECT. He's kingka of Woollim High of course he need perfect girlfriend, right? We are actually very close but at school we are like strangers. I mean, who would like to see nerd and kingka together.
 
"What are you doing here?" I asked him. "I thought you were on your date with your 20th date" I said again. "Mind if I come in?" he asked to change the topic. I gave way for him to come in . He took off his shoes and entered my house. "What happened?" I asked him after sitting on the couch with him beside me. He sighed before answering. "She is just not... my type" said Myungsoo slowly. I knew he was lying but I just let it off. "You should at least try" I advised him. "Hey, you hungry? I am. Come on, lets have some kimbaps. My treat" he smiled as he tried to change the topic again. I breathed out in defeat. "Kaja!" I cheered.
 
*End of POV*
 
Jiyeon and Myungsoo were walking home while eating kimbaps that Myungsoo bought. Suddenly, Myungsoo asked her, "What do you think about Woollim High so far?". Jiyeon stopped walking for a while. She was out of word. She don't know what to answer Myungsoo. Instead of saying, "Bad. They bullied me almost everyday", she said, "Good" and showed her smile. Myungsoo felt suspicious so he leaned closer to her face and examined it. Jiyeon's heart skips a beat. She look at Myungsoo who was inch away from her with wide eyes. "Hmm.. You're lying, right, Jiyeon?" Myungsoo said. "Wha- WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Get away" she stuttered as she pushed Myungsoo away from her. Myungsoo chuckled at Jiyeon's expression and kept walking with Jiyeon followed behind him.
 
"Thanks for walking me home. You don't have to fetch me tomorrow morning. I can go to school by my self. Have a nice day" said Jiyeon bluntly and went in her house. 
 
"What have I ever done wrong? She's innocent why would I add her misery?" Myungsoo muttered to himself as guilt filled him. With that, he started to walk home.
 
Jiyeon on the other hand was lying on her bed, thinking how long could she bare with all her problems in school. All of those thinkings made her tired and finally she dozed off to sleep.
 
Next day,
 
The birds chirping and the sun shines. Jiyeon woke up upon hearing her alarm clock rang. "Ughh" she cursed some random words as she got up. After taking some fresh bath, she did her daily routine.
 
As soon as she finished doing it, she packed her stuff and walked to school. She walked through the hallways and as always she will receive glares from the students. She could hear a girl muttered, "Here comes the school trash". A pain struck into her heart. She walked faster and reached to an empty hallway. Suddenly, she bumped into someone. Her books that she was holding fall to the ground. She then bent down slowly to pick her books.
 
"Yah! Nerd, watch it!" yelled a manly voice. She looked up and saw one of the kingka, Woohyun. She thought that Woohyun was glaring at her so she stood up quickly and bowed but Woohyun was actually checking her out when she bent down. "Mianhe. Please forgive me. I don't mean to" she stuttered. "Ehh?~ Woohyun, don't forgive her. She almost break your shoulders" Dongwoo who was beside Woohyun joked. Jiyeon looked closely and saw that all Infinite were there even Myungsoo. "No. I really didn't mean it" she suttered again and bowed 90 degree. Woohyun smirked and said, "I'll forgive you. If  you be my girlfriend". "Neh?" Jiyeon questioned. Out of nowhere, Woohyun removed Jiyeon's glassed away from her face. All Infinite's eyes widened seeing her beauty. "Yah! What are you doing!" she shouted in anger as tried to snatch her glasses back from Woohyun. Jiyeon was close to him so he took a chance to wrap his arms around Jiyeon's waist. Jiyeon blushed at Woohyun's touch. Myungsoo saw it. He can't help but to feel a bit jealous. "If you want your glasses, be my girlfriend" Woohyun smirked as leaned closer to Jiyeon's face. Myungsoo can't take it so he quickly slapped Woohyun's arms away from Jiyeon's waist. "Hyung, if she don't want to just give up" said Myungsoo sternly. He took Jiyeon's glasses from Woohyun's hand and handed it to Jiyeon back. Myungsoo showed her a concern smile. Jiyeon calmed a bit and quickly ran to her class.
 
"Dude, what's your problem. I almost get a beautiful girlfriend" Woohyun whined but Myungsoo didn't reply. "I can't believe a nerd could be that beautiful" exclaimed the choding. "Yeah. Prettier than me" said the maknae. Sungkyu smacked both choding's and maknae's heads. "Let's go to class" said Sungkyu. "But I want to ditch school" Dngwoo pouted. "Haish. Hyung, let just go for today" Hoya said. All Infinite then started to walk to their own classes.
 
Recess came and Jiyeon walked out of class to go to the rooftop since she has no other place to be alone other than the rooftop. On the way there, she met the queenkas. One of the queenkas named, Naeun, grabbed Jiyeon's hair making her winced in pain. "Yah, nerd! I heard that you bumped to our Infinite's oppas. How dare you! You have glasses, right? Next time, watch where you going!" yelled Naeun and pushed Jiyeon to the ground. Jiyeon fell down hardly and hurted her knees. Her knees were bleeding. "Look at her so pathetic" said Bomi in disgust. Jiyeon wanted to cry but she know that no one will care about her. She got up and left without saying a word. Without them knowig, Myungsoo saw it. He was supposed to help Jiyeon but he can't move. Instead, he just watch the scenes.
 
Jiyeon couldn't bare it anymore so she suddenly fell down. She opened her eyes and saw that she was on top of Sungkyu. Good thing that there was nobody around there. Sungkyu widened his eyes seeing Jiyeon's swollen eyes. Sungkyu touched her eyes softly and asked, "Gwenchana?". Jiyeon realized the situation and so she quickly got up. "Joesonghabnida" she said in panic tone. Sungkyu stood up too. She was about to leave when suddenly Sungkyu pulled her into a hug. "Cry all you want" he whispered. Jiyeon felt that it was right to cry but in her heart she felt wrong. She pushed Sungkyu and continued ran to the rooftop.
 
'Did I just got rejected?' Sungkyu thought as his heart broken.
 
After school, Myungsoo waited Jiyeon at the back school. When Jiyeon arrived, Myungsoo ran to Jiyeon. "Guess what" he said. "What?" she asked with a bitter smile. Her hurted knees still haven't healed yet she hid them from Myungsoo's sight using her skirt to cover them. "I'm dating now! again" Myungsoo mumbled the last word. "Oh. Really? Who's the lucky girl?" asked Jiyeon. The bitter smile was still on her face. She was holding her pain. "Naeun from APink" he announced but Jiyeon's smile instantly faded. "What?" Jiyeon said. "Yeah. She is perfect. So perfect for me" smiled Myungsoo. Jiyeon was mad but she know she must've suppose her bestfriend. Her pain became more. "Myungsoo, I need to go home now. Good luck" was all she could say before running home in the rainy day. Myungsoo was dumbfounded.
 
'How could you held your pain when it really hurts?' Myungsoo thought bluntly.
 
All the night, Jiyeon cried. She don't know why is se crying but one thing for sure. Her expressions are mixing with pain, glad, scared, anger and jealousy.
 
"That's right. I am nobody" she mumbled to herself. 
 
Few weeks had passed. Jiyeon and Myungsoo became far apart. They didn't talk to each other nor take a glance at each other. They became real strangers.
 
After school, Naeun threatened Jiyeon to come to an empty class beside the library by giving her note on her table. "What do you want?" Jiyeon asked Naeun coldly as she entered the class. Naeun scoffed and said, "Wow. How cold, nerd". "Whatever. Just tell me what do you want" answered Jiyeon. "What is your relationship between my L oppa?" Naeun asked. "We have nothing in common. There. Happy?"  Jiyeon said and was about to leave when suddenly Naeun grabbed her wrist harshly and slepped her face. "Just leave this school, nerd" Naeun hissed. Tears slid down Jiyeon's face. Jiyeon faced Naeun and glared at her. "Kure. I will. But my parents are in Japan. I have to wait for them to come home to move school" Jiyeon shouted. Naeun laughed suddenly and said, "Yah! Are you insane? Your parents died two months ago in an air crash!". Naeun continued laughing. Jiyeon felt pathetic. Now, she remembered everything.
 
'What was I thinking' Jiyeon thought hopelessly.
 
Suddenly, the door swung open showing Myungsoo's figure. "What are you girls doing here?" he asked. Naeun's laughing expression turned into sad expression. She ran to Myungsoo and hugged him. "Oppa, she said I'm useless and that I'm actually orphan" she fake cried. Jiyeon felt she wanted to vomit. Myungsoo glared at Jiyeon. "I didn't" Jiyeon shouted. "Leave. I don't want to see you anymore, Jiyeon" he said coldly. Jiyeon scoffed although she felt pain again. "Fine. And, I thought you were always by my side. But I was wrong" she said and with that,  she left.
 
*Myungsoo's POV*
 
After Jiyeon left, I quickly pushed Naeun away. "O- Oppa" she stuttered. "Naeun, let's break up" I said coldly. She grabbed my sleeves and begged, "No. Please don't leave me". I pushed her again. "It's over between us" I said and left to search for Jiyeon.
 
Okay think, Myungsoo. Where could she be? 
 
Few placed I searched but I couldn't find her. Finally, I went to the rooftop and saw Jiyeon fell on her knees. I ran to her and back hugged her. "Pabo. How could you believe what I said just then" I whispered in her ears. "What are doing here?" I heard she mumbled but I ignored and instead I continued, "Pabo. How could you let me date her? Pabo. How could you held your pain? Pabo. How could you let Woohyun touch you? Pabo. How could you cried on Sungkyu's chest instead of mine?". "Stop it!"she yelled at me. I hugged her tighter. "Pabo. How could you not know that I love you?" I whispered seductively to her. Her jaw dropped as her eyes became big. I took a chance to kiss her. I leaned closer and kissed her hungrily. "Myung... Myungsoo" I heard her moaned. I pushed away for a while to breathe. "I don't need thousand girls, all I need is you, Park Ji Yeon" I huffed. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I love you too, Kim Myung Soo" she muttered with a smile as I wrapped my arms around her waist. Then, we continued with what ever we were doing. I cupped her cheeks and kissed her lips passionately.
 
I need you......
 
 
-END-
 
 
I hope you could check my other stories.
 
Thank you for reading!
 

a/n : spelling and grammar mistake fixed on 13 sept 2013