Chapter 7

One-Fifth of a Second
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minnie knocked on the recording door, knowing Sunggyu was in there. Knock knock! She held onto her guitar to keep it from falling off her shoulders. She knocks again. Knock- the door opened.

Sunggyu was surprise to see her standing in front of him with her not every day look. She had on a long, white, half thigh length with a ped knitted gray sweater; same length. Along with that, she had on black tights, tan boots, and a nice white loose scarf around her neck.

His lips parted, no sound coming out and his stares tried to talk. Minnie smile brightly, “you’re not going to let me in?”

He snaps out of his daydream and allow her in She sat down, setting her guitar on her thighs, and tuning the guitar. “What are you doing here?” He finally asked.

She look up, “I have a gag tonight and want you to hear a song I’ve been practicing before you leave to Inkigayo.”

Sunggyu tried not to sound excited, “okay.”

She played the first chord, singing after a few more. Baby I, I wanna know. What you think when you're alone, is it me? Yeah, are you thinking of me? Yeah, oh we've been friends now for a while. Wanna know, that when you smile, is it me? Yeah, are you thinking of me? Yeah, oh oh. (One Direction- First Last Kiss).

The memories of her first song to him came into her mind. “What was the song you just sing?”

“Falling Slowly.” (Ch. 1).

His mind also dozed off. “Annyeong, I’m Minnie. I’m a fan.” (Ch. 1).

Minnie felt tears building in her eyes, but manage to hold them back. She ended the song, smiling. “How was it?”

“Good,” Sunggyu eye smile at her. He watches her smiling as she set her guitar down. “The feather…” It was gone.

Her smile faded. “Ah…” She moved her scarf, showing a small glass jar with a part of the red feather in it. “I made it.” He nodded and she lightly smiled back. His heart beated fast and so did hers. Seconds later, Minnie later peak on his lips. Sunggyu froze not knowing what to do next. Minnie’s eyes tears up again. “I’ll leave now,” she quickly ran out, not wanting to show her crying face to him.

Sunggyu wanted to stop her, but she disappeared in seconds. He swore he saw her wiping her fallen tears. “Lee Sungjong! I’m going to make you spill everything!”

Sunggyu ade his way back to their dorm, realizing no one was home. He heard a voice in one of their room. He steps into the door and spotted Sungjong changing his outfit with his phone on the bed. Sunggyu took another step, but stops when he heard a familiar voice through the phone.

“I can’t…” It was Minnie. Sungjong had put his phone on speaker while he change. “Sungjong…I…” Her heavy breathing spilled out that she had been crying.

Sungjong let out soft sigh, “noona, please stop crying. Everything will be okay. Sunggyu hyung likes you, too.”

“It’s not that…” Sunggyu’s heart couldn’t hold on much longer. His head was thinking of some many questions right now. “He’s busy and won’t have time for a relationship. It’s best if we stayed as friends.” She sighted, shakily. “Will he be able to be there for me? It hurt so much, I couldn’t tell him my condition.”

Sungjong grabbed the phone, turn off the speaker, and set in between his ears. “Noona…” He sighed again. “Okay, see you later then.” They hang up and Sunggyu made his way in. “Hyung,” Sungjong held onto his chest. “I told you not to scare me!”

Sunggyu ignored him and got serious, walking up to Sungjong’s face. “What’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter