Come away with me

Autumn love

 

[A/N] The idea just popped out of no where, so I decided to share it with you guys :)

Enjoy!

 


 

 

"Come away with me."

"What?"

"Come away with me."

"Jessi, what do you mean come away wh—"

"I wanna go away with you."

"I haven't got any money and what about the girls? I—"

"I'll be waiting for you outside in five, baby."

The phone clicked and the line started buzzing. She stared at it for a good solid minute as it lay cradled in her hands and wondered why her girlfriend was calling her at 3am to go away with her when she's practically in the room next to hers with her roommate. She didn't even want to go. What about the girls? She needed to stay here and not run away with her girlfriend.

Because it's So Nyuh Shi Dae right now and forever.

(Although running away with Jessica would be the best thing ever!)

She contemplated whether to go to her girlfriends room and talk some sense to her but decided not to for they might wake the others up. She tried calling the blonde back but she wasn't picking up. So she assumed she may be preparing or something like that.

At 3am in the morning.

To go away somewhere.

Somewhere. Where was somewhere? Jessica hadn't mentioned anywhere. What if she had tickets for flight to, like, Antartica and she was planning for them on lodging with a family of penguins for the rest of their lives?

She likes the thought that they would be alone together, this was the best plan ever.

You can't even fly to Antartica, can you?

Tiffany placed her phone on her bed and sat on the landing floor for a while. Having a seperate room in the house meant that she and Jessica could chat on the phone for hours not to mention share the room at times. *Byuntae thoughts*

Sometimes they would chat about everything and anything for hours and hours.

And hours.

She giggled. She loved talking to Jessica for hours.

Hours were her favorite thing. They were better than minutes, because they let you take things in your own time, without a deadline or a rush. They were better than seconds, because when you wanted to listen to someone's (Jessica's) voice, you could listen to it without waiting for it to stop.

And they were better than days, because days were what kept them apart. With all the schedules and stuff.

She glanced on her clock and realized that Jessi would be out in a minute or two.She had said five minutes afterall.

When her girlfriend had asked her to come away with her, she hadn't told her what to wear. So Tiffany stared at the mess around her – she didn't have time to clean up so there was a mountain of dirty clothes everywhere – she sighed in frustration. She had nothing to wear.

She was sighing in frustration that she didn't hear the front door open and Jessica already got out of the building. She was busily looking for something to wear when she suddenly heard her phone ring.

"Come on Tiff, lets go."

She hurriedly went out of the building without even bothering to change her clothes anymore. She saw Jessica near the front entrance and went to her.

"Jessi," She breathed, pressing her lips to the cold ones in front of her. "You're freezing."

Jessica giggled and clutched onto her tighter. "Make me warm then."

Tiffany grinned as she hugged her closely. She didn't want to let go because letting go meant losing another precious second with her girlfriend.

She really hated seconds.

"Baby, you're in you PJ's." Jessica commented, whispering into Tiffany's neck.

The red-head grinned even further. "You were too excited."

She felt Jessica smile against her skin before answering, "It's okay, I'll let you wear my hoodie. It's in the backseat of the car."

"What car? How did you get a car?" The red-head pulled back questioningly.

"Its a secret." She gave her a wink then lifted her ice cold hand and pressed a palm on the girl's cheek. It made Tiffany smile, turning around to kiss the cold skin there.

Tiffany breathed a sigh, "Let's go then."

Jessica smiled as they made their way to her car. They walked hand in hand, exchanging kisses to the cheek and nuzzles to the neck all the while.

Tiffany retrieved her girlfriend's oversized hoodie from the backseat, and snuggled into it whilst the blonde turned the heater on.

"Jessi," Tiffany asked, as they went off. "Where are we actually going? We're not going to Antartica are we?"

Jessica turned to the red-head and giggled, taking her hand in her own. "Where did you get that idea from?"

Tiffany shrugged and started to play with the hem of the blondes hoodie. "I dunno. I just want us to be together, that's all.

Jessica frowned, facing the road. She squeezed Tiffany's hand. "Tiff, we'll always be together, you know that." She squeezed again. "You know that."

Tiffany smiled showing her eyesmile, and thought to herself how lucky she was to have Jessica. She smirked wider as she said, "So where are we going? It better be not any place dumb."

She could feel Jessica's grin as she continued to toy the sweater.

"It's the waterhole."

"The waterhole?" Tiffany fake gasped, pulling imaginary hair off the hoodie. "What's so great about the waterhole?"

Jessica slowed to a halt as they got to some traffic lights and leant to her girlfriend, "I'll show you when we get there," She whispered against Tiffany's temple, before kissing it and moving back to her seat.

They remained silent for the rest of the journey, stealing glances and catching smiles. Tiffany couldn't imagine where they were heading, but being with Jessica in the glimpses of the early morning, driving somewhere unknown was where she wanted to be.

Exactly where she wanted to be.

She knew this from the butterflies going crazy in her tummy.

When they pulled up on the edge of the darkest forest Tiffany had ever seen, she instantly turned to Jessica and said, "We're not at an elephant graveyard, are we?"

Jessica laughed really hard by then and only stopped when Tiffany pushed her lightly on the shoulder and asked her again. After putting her girlfriend at ease, she got out the car and opened the door for her, still giggling every so often. Tiffany kept asking her to stop but she couldn't, even as they walked hand in hand through the trees.

"Jessi, really, where actually are we? Because I'm starting to get really scared even though your holding my hand and singing under your breath."

Jessica stopped almost instantly because she haven't even realized that she'd been doing that.

"Tiff," She breathed, leaning closer to the red-head and whispering in her ear. "We're on top of the world."

"Really?" Tiffany asked, looking unconvincingly at her surroundings.

Jessica stilled. "Well, we're walking there."

"oh ok."

She led them through the smallest path Tiffany had ever seen, slowly leading upwards towards the early morning sky. There were still a few stars out, but Tiffany was sure she could count them all if she used Jessi's fingers and toes as well as her own. Especially the ones grouped together in mini clusters. She thought they looked pretty and when she looked over at the blonde beside her, she realised it was because they were the same clusters of stars as the ones in her girlfriend's eyes.

Always pretty and always there.

"You keep looking at me mushroom." Jessica whispered into the silence.

Tiffany squeezed the hand held in hers and exhaled deeply into the crisp morning air. She swung their arms in tandem to a silent beat in her head and replied, "It's because you're so beautiful, Jessica."

Jessica grinned. "Tiff,"

"But it's true,"

"Maybe,"

The path turned sharply to the left and they had to duck under a fallen branch before turning sharply to the right. Tiffany slipped a couple times, but Jessica managed to hold on to her before she hurt herself. They giggled about it and Jessica told her girlfriend several times how much of a klutz she was.

Upon reaching a small pink gate, Jessica let go of Tiffany's hand and held it open like a prince would to his princess. Through the archway of overhanging maple trees, and over a small hump of dewy moss, the couple found themselves staring up at the clearest morning sky and the vastest view of Seoul they had ever seen.

Tiffany gasped. Never had she seen such a clear, unadulterated sigh in her life.

Behind her, Jessica pressed their bodies together and threading her fingers in front of the red-head's stomach, and resting her head on the comfort of her shoulders.

Tiffany wasn't sure why Jessica brought her here, but from the blinking stars of a waking dawn to the silent calls of the faraway interstate, she felt everything as perfectly as she knew Jessica did.

The blonde smiled into Tiffany's shoulder. "You like it?"

"Jessi?" Tiffany blinked, placing her arms on her girlfriends and pressing her closer. "It's beautiful,"

Jessica breathed softly onto her neck as a reply before kissing the skin there gently. "Come sit with me."

They moved forward a little to a soft grassy patch, Tiffany nestled in between Jessica's legs, her head resting on the blonde's chest.

Jessica began to unpack the small backpack she had taken with her, making Tiffany raise her eyebrow at the blanket she pulled over them and the two beanies she placed over their heads. She even had a carton of strawberry juice which made Tiffany giggle and lean up to kiss the underside of her chin.

"Perfect," She whispered.

Jessica smiled to herself as she rested her head atop her girlfriends. "Like you,"

They stayed that way, Tiffany taking Jessica's fingers in the palm of her hand and blowing warm air onto them, kissing each finger until all the blonde could feel were the same tingles on her fingers as the tingles in Tiffany's belly. She was just about to kiss Jessica's left pinky when a ray of light caught her eye and made her blink several times.

Jessica kissed the top her head as even more rays blossomed out from above the hill in the distance. There were thousands, shining like rainbows of golds and yellows and whites. Tiffany swore she'd never quite seen anything like this before.

(It was somehow similar to the way Jessica woke up in the mornings.)

"Tiffany," Jessica whispered, pulling the girl closer to her. "I love you,"

Tiffany shuddered, the rainbows from the sun spotlighting every tree in the world and making them shine like a thousand suns touched it and not just one.

She gasped when she saw the colour of the spotlighted trees. Everywhere, to her left and to her right, straight ahead and right behind, the trees were covered in the brightest orange Tiffany had ever seen. Some were red and some were even yellow, but most of them were the colours of pumpkins and it was then that Tiffany really decided she loved the Fall the best.

And she loved it best because Jessica had taken her there.

"Jessica," She breathed, intertwining their fingers and pulling them closer to her body. "You can't imagine how much I love you too."

The blonde giggled into the red-head's hair and exhaled warm air into it. Tiffany sighed in thanks and leant back further.

"Jessi, this is amazing. How did you even find this place?"

"When I was looking for you."

Tiffany frowned, amused. "What?"

"Sometime ago, when I was looking for you at the dorm and the others told me that you left upset, and that they thought you were with me coz you were gone for hours already." Jessica paused to grin to herself before pressing the softest kiss to Tiffany's hair and continuing. "I went running around town and down all the back lanes, thinking you'd wondered off without really thinking about where you were going and I stumbled upon the path that led us here. I don't know what it was, but I just felt compelled to follow it. I didn't find you at the top, but it led me you no less."

Tiffany smiled, knowing exactly where her girlfriend found her. "And where was that?"

Jessica squeezed her. "The lake at the bottom of the hill."

Tiffany turned around in Jessica's arms, so she was resting in between the girl's legs. She softly pushed her down to the grass and rested her chin on the blonde's chest. "How did this lead you to the lake?"

Jessica grinned, tucking a strand of Tiffany's hair behind her frosty ear. "Because this is the hill."

"Really?" Tiffany lifted her head and raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah," Jessica smiled, cupping her girlfriend's face.

"Oh my god, how did I not know this?" She shook her head and looked around her. "I've lived in Seoul almost all my life and, like, how many times have we gone to that lake?" She looked at Jessica who whispered a quiet, "Countless," before adding, "And, like, I have never known that. What is wrong with me? This is amazing; It's like Heaven."

Jessica leant up, pushing the red-head up with her. She placed both her arms around Tiffany's neck and brought their foreheads together, their cold noses touching right at the tips. "It's because the path is hidden."

"You found it," she countered back.

"When I was looking for you," Jessica replied just as quickly.

They stayed quiet as they looked into each other's eyes, each daring the other to speak first.

Tiffany broke it.

"So I guess what you're trying to tell me is that you'll find Heaven whenever you're looking for me."

Jessica chuckled, pulling Tiffany impossibly closer. "That too."

"Then what, Jessi?"

The blonde took a moment to really look at her girlfriend. She wanted to memorize every part face. She never wanted to forget it.

"Then you are my Heaven, Tiffany."

The red-head frowned. Jessica giggled.

"You are my heaven, baby. I just want you to know that. And if you ever forget it, I want you to come right back here and remind yourself of that. Of how beautiful you are and how much I want to make you my Mrs Jung one day. Of the way your eyes dance with all the morning skies and the way your nose crinkles every time I kiss it." She leans forward to prove herself right and giggles when she does. "This place is you, mushroom. Where the sun peeks over the hills and meets the golden maples. Where the Autumn leaves fall on frosty green grass and the city lights glisten reassuringly across the interstate. This place is where I feel like I'm with you the most when you're not here and so when I'm not here, you must take my place." She blushed at the words she was saying and looked down into their laps. "Does that all make sense?"

Tiffany smirked and brought Jessica's lips to hers. "Yes Mrs Hwang,"

Jessica gasped against the red-head's mouth but before she could question it, Tiffany had enclosed her tongue around her own and they were making out on the morning hillside, a carton of strawberry juice left quietly abandoned beside them.

It was one of those moments in which Jessica really felt complete and it was one of those moments in which Tiffany really felt needed.

"Jessi?" Tiffany whispered against her girlfriend's lips.

"Yeah, Tiff?" Jessica whispered back.

"I'd really love to be your wife one day."

Jessica smiled as she pressed her lips back onto Tiffany's. "I'd really love to be yours too."

When Tiffany pulled back smiling, she plucked one of the fallen leaves from off the ground and stripped it into a string size and began wrapping it round Jessica's ring finger, the blonde knew she'd done everything okay. There was nothing that could take away the overwhelming love and gratitude she felt in her heart in this moment.

Looking into Tiffany's eyes as the red-head tied the pumpkin glowing leaf into a secure knot around her finger, she felt for what she knew would not be the last time, the greatest and purest sense of connection there ever was.

Like the falling autumn leaves as they dropped continuously onto the growing pile of other fallen leaves, Jessica knew that Tiffany would always be there to catch her.

Tiffany was, after all, her Heaven on Earth.

 

 


 

 

So, how was it? Thanks for reading.

This is my first time not using MS-word before putting it up here. So, very sorry for the errors.

Hope u guys enjoyed this one-shot :D